Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

24 Mar 2023 08:05 #2981 by DrMike
Take That Step of Faith

Today's Scripture

Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!” John 5:8, NLT

In John 5, when Jesus asked a disabled man, “Do you want to get well?” he made excuses and tried to justify his condition rather than answering, “Yes, that’s what I’m believing for.” After thirty-eight discouraging years of having this disability, the man had gotten comfortable in his dysfunction and lost his passion to be well. But when he heard Jesus’ call to do the impossible and rise up and walk, something rose up in him to try, and against all odds a sudden strength came into his legs and he was instantly healed.

As with this man, God is going to ask you to do things that you don’t think you can do. In your own ability, you can’t, but when you take that step of faith, God will step in and give you supernatural ability. That’s because there’s favor in your calling. In your calling, you’ll break addictions, beat the cancer, and defeat the depression. God is saying, “I’m calling you up higher, into abundance, into freedom. I’m calling you into new levels.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that with Your calling upon my life comes the power to release any old thinking, old habits, discouragement, and dysfunction that would keep me stuck. I’m dropping the excuses that hold me back and taking steps of faith for a new beginning today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2023 07:57 #2982 by DrMike
Don’t Miss Your Moment

Today's Scripture

On the day Jonah entered the city, he shouted to the crowds: “Forty days from now Nineveh will be destroyed!” Jonah 3:4, NLT

God told the prophet Jonah to tell the people of Nineveh that in forty days He was going to destroy their wicked city. God put a time period on it. He was saying, “You have forty days to get your lives right.” He didn’t say, “Whenever you feel like it is okay, just as long as you do it.” When Jonah told the people, they and their king immediately confessed their sorrow and declared a fast of repentance. They didn’t wait a week or twenty days, and God spared the city.

Is there something you could change in the next forty days, and you would see God’s favor in a new way? Maybe God is saying, “You have this much time to get your priorities in order, to forgive that person, or to get serious about your relationship with Me.” I don’t know what it is for you, but there’s a window of grace that doesn’t last forever. It comes with a time limitation. Don’t miss your moment. Be quick to obey.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for how You speak to my heart and for giving me windows of grace that help me change and see Your favor in new ways. Help me to be sensitive to Your still, small voice and hear any alarms, promptings, and suggestions, and to be quick to obey. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

28 Mar 2023 07:02 #2983 by DrMike
Wake Up

Today's Scripture

Wake up the warriors. Joel 3:9, GW

In this new year, I want to wake up your greatness, wake up your dreams, wake up your potential, wake up that business, that career, that ministry God put in you. It may seem like it’s over your head, but you have to understand that you are not average; you’re a warrior. You can accomplish much more than you think. You are stronger than you think. You are more anointed and favored than you think. You are more talented than you think. The dreams and gifts God put in you are much bigger than you think. If you’re going to see the fullness of what’s in you, you have to see yourself the right way.

Who do you say you are? Don’t you dare say, “I’m average. I’m ordinary.” Get in agreement with God. “I am a child of the Most High God. I am highly favored. I am destined for greatness. I am a warrior.” When you believe, doors will open that you never dreamed would open. God will take you further than you can imagine.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the call to get my hopes up, to start expecting things to change, to wake up what You put in me. Help me to see myself as You see me and to be a warrior who accomplishes great things. I believe that I’m about to see more than I’ve ever imagined. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Mar 2023 03:28 #2984 by DrMike
Don’t Be Intimidated

Today's Scripture

Don’t be intimidated in any way by your enemies. Philippians 1:28, NLT

There are a lot of ways the enemy tries to intimidate us and keep us from growing. You may be intimidated by what someone said about you. Perhaps they told you what you couldn’t do or how you’re not that talented. Now those words are limiting your life. You may be intimidated by thoughts of doubt and afraid to step out in faith, thinking of all the things that could go wrong. Or perhaps you have friends who are causing you to compromise, to do things that are blocking your growth. What could you become if you got out from under that intimidation?

How high could you go if you made some adjustments? The good news is that you can still become who you were created to be. You have the life of Almighty God. He created you to rise higher, to be successful, to be confident, to leave your mark. Make the decision to remove what’s blocking your growth, and you’ll bloom and blossom and see favor, courage, and the boldness to accomplish what God put in your heart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that You always lead me to triumph through Jesus. Thank You that I am Your child, a victor and not a victim of the enemy’s intimidation. I declare that I am removing anything that is blocking my growth and faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Mar 2023 08:00 #2985 by DrMike
Your Most Important Relationship

Today's Scripture

“The second most important commandment says: ‘Love others as much as you love yourself.’” Mark 12:31, CEV

The most important relationship you have is the relationship with yourself. Too many people don’t like who they are. They focus on their faults, weaknesses, mistakes, and failures. They wish they were taller, had a better personality, and looked like their cousin instead of accepting themselves as a masterpiece, made in the image of God. Then they wonder why they’re not happy, and why they don’t have good relationships. It’s because they don’t like themselves. If you don’t get along with you, you’re not going to get along with other people.

You can’t love others if you don’t first love yourself. The best thing you can do for your family and friends is to be good to you, be kind to you, be merciful to you, be forgiving to you, be loving to you. You’re good to others, so why aren’t you good to you? You don’t criticize your friend, so why are you criticizing you? You compliment your coworker, so why not compliment yourself? Start being good to you—that’s not being selfish, that’s loving yourself.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for making me in Your image with gifts, talents, and abilities to enjoy life and accomplish Your will. Help me to love myself, with all my weaknesses and shortcomings and things I wish were different. I declare that I am happy to be who You made me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

31 Mar 2023 07:07 #2986 by DrMike
Something New Is Coming

Today's Scripture

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?” Isaiah 43:18–19, NIV

Isaiah’s prophecy in today’s Scripture was directed to the Israelites when they had been in captivity in Babylon for many years. I’m sure they thought, “Have you seen how powerful our enemies are? We’re stuck. We’ll never be free, never own our own houses, never live an abundant life.” But God says that if you’re dwelling on the past, you won’t see the new thing. If you’re focused on who hurt you and what wasn’t fair, you’ll miss your destiny. Living in regrets for former things will keep you from new opportunities. Reliving your mistakes will stop the new favor from springing up. If you’re looking back at the old, you won’t see the new.

When you drive your car, there’s a big windshield in front of you and a very small rearview mirror. The reason it’s so small is because what’s behind you is not nearly as important as what’s in front of you. Where you’re going is what matters, not where you’ve been. Is there something you need to forget, so you can see the new thing?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the God who is always doing something new, and Your plans are always good. I believe that even now You are working in ways I don’t yet see. I won’t dwell on the past, but I will look forward to the new things You’re doing in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Apr 2023 08:14 #2987 by DrMike
Who Is Your Father?

Today's Scripture
Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.” Galatians 4:6, NIV

When King Saul saw David take down Goliath with only a slingshot and stone, he stood there in disbelief. How could David fight like a warrior and where did he learn to speak so powerfully against a giant? Where did he get the heroic courage, the leadership, the training? In 1 Samuel 17, when Saul met with David, he asked, “Who is your father?” Saul was perplexed that David’s father could be an ordinary shepherd, not realizing that our greatness, the hero in us, doesn’t come from our natural father.

Here’s the key: You come through your father, but you come from Almighty God. He formed you in your mother’s womb and knows how to cause the gifts He put in you to come out, how to make you shine. Your time is coming. You’re going to accomplish dreams bigger than others imagine. People are going to wonder, “How could you get a college degree, start that business, or lead that company in sales?” What you’re going to accomplish is not going to match where you’ve come from.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are not just good, but You are my great Father. Thank You for every good gift that You put in me and for how You are going to cause me to shine. I believe that You are going to accomplish more through my life than I can imagine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Apr 2023 07:57 #2988 by DrMike
What Are You Passing Down?

Today's Scripture

“You have been unfaithful to Me and have broken My covenant…. But in honor of your father, David, who was always faithful to me, I will not remove the kingdom from you.” 1 Kings 11:11–12, VOICE

Twenty-three years after David died, his son King Solomon had married foreign wives and started worshipping their idols. He knew better, but he let his heart turn away from the Lord. God would have taken this kingdom from Solomon, but He said that for the sake of David, He wouldn’t do it. David started a blessing, and even after he died, his children walked in the blessing. They received mercy because of how he lived.

The decisions we make every day don’t just affect our lives, they affect generations to come. When you make decisions that honor God, when you’re generous and faithful, it is being credited to your children’s account, to your grandchildren, to future generations. Just as there is a generational curse of negatives that can be passed down, there is a generational blessing. God is keeping an account of every good thing you do. That’s not being overlooked. It’s accruing mercy, favor, and blessing in your family’s account. You can be the one to set your family on a new course of blessing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me the power to start a generational blessing. Thank You that I can make decisions that honor You and accrue blessings to be passed down to my family. I declare that I am going to start today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Apr 2023 03:46 #2989 by DrMike
Great Joy

Today's Scripture

And many who had been paralyzed or lame were healed. So there was great joy in that city. Acts 8:7–8, NLT

The great joy in the city was the result of preaching the gospel there by a believer named Philip, who had fled the persecution of the church in Jerusalem. He left Jerusalem in great distress and disappointment, but look at how God works. Philip went from great distress to great joy, from great trouble to great miracles, from great rejection to people who loved him greatly. He didn’t realize when he was forced out by opposition in Jerusalem that great joy was waiting for him in Samaria and the fulfilling of his destiny.

You may have gone through things that have caused you great pain, great disappointment, great loss. You could be bitter and live discouraged, but that is not how your story ends. As with Philip, you’re going to come into new opportunities. Doors that weren’t open before are going to open for you. What has been shaken in your life is leading to great joy, great favor, great relationships, great health. Get ready for the shift that’s coming.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the times of shaking and difficulty in my life are going to shift me to something greater. Thank You that You’re giving me new desires and creativity and opening new doors of opportunity. I believe that You will bless me so I can be a bigger blessing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Apr 2023 06:49 #2990 by DrMike
While You Wait for Change

Today's Scripture

“I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.” Isaiah 46:10, NIV

What’s upsetting you? What’s keeping you awake at night? God already has it figured out. He knows the end from the beginning. But here’s the key: He doesn’t give us the details. If you knew how everything was going to work out, it wouldn’t take faith. Even though you feel like you’re going backward, if He told you that three months from now a big door is going to open, that there’s a shortcut that’s going to put you ahead, you would relax and say, “Okay, it’s all going to work out.”

Why don’t you do that now? God has it all planned out. He’s doing things you can’t see. There are good breaks coming, healing, favor, the right people. They’re already on your schedule. If you release control of what is troubling you, you can enjoy your life while you’re waiting for things to change. God is saying, “Release it to me. I’m in control. I’m ordering your steps. I’m working behind the scenes. I’m going to turn it for your good.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in the midst of a very insecure world that I can rest in the security of knowing that my end has been set, knowing that You always cause me to triumph. I release control of what is bothering me and believe that You are working all things to my advantage. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.991 seconds