Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 May 2023 07:13 #3021 by DrMike
Glory to Glory

Today's Scripture

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV

If you judge your life by something negative that is happening today, you may feel as though God has forgotten about you and get discouraged. But the Scripture says that God is transforming you from glory to glory, that the path of the righteous gets brighter and brighter. That means He already has a solution to the problem that’s holding you back. He’s already arranged restoration for that loss, a new beginning for that setback, promotion for that injustice. It’s already on the schedule. It’s just a matter of time before you see the light break through to full day. When the lies come saying, “God has forgotten about you. It’s never going to work out. You’ve seen your best days,” just say, “No, thanks. This situation may be difficult, it’s not fair, but I know that this is not how my story ends. Favor is in my future, good breaks are headed my way, the right people are tracking me down. God is going to bring me out better, transformed, promoted, healthier, and to new levels of my destiny.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my name is written on Your hands and that it’s impossible for You to forget me. Thank You for the promise that You are transforming me from glory to glory and making my path brighter and brighter. I believe that You are working right now to lift me to another level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2023 07:12 #3022 by DrMike
Give Him Some Time

Today's Scripture

For since the world began, no ear has heard and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him! Isaiah 64:4, NLT

The Scripture says that God will work all things together for our good, including the closed doors, the breakups, and the failures. That’s how awesome our God is. Don’t live sour because of what didn’t work out or bitter over the person who walked away. Let it go. God has beauty for the ashes and joy for the mourning. He just needs some time. Now while you’re waiting, stay in faith. Keep doing the right thing. Keep praising when you could be complaining. Keep speaking victory in the face of defeat.

Don’t judge the rest of your life by one difficult season. Thoughts will tell you, “It’s never going to change. This is my lot in life.” Don’t believe those lies. God is still on the throne. At the right time, you’re going to be so blessed and fulfilled that you won’t think about the negative things of your past. You keep waiting on God, and He’s promised He’s going to do something beyond your imagining. Now here’s the key: Just give Him some time.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promises You have put in my heart and for the dreams I want to accomplish. Thank You that there is no other God like You, the Most High God, and that You’re teaching me to wait upon You. I will keep doing the right thing and being faithful. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

24 May 2023 08:17 #3023 by DrMike
Find an Isaiah

Today's Scripture

“If two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:19–20, NKJV

In 2 Chronicles 32, when the king of Syria invaded Judah with a huge army and threatened to destroy Jerusalem, King Hezekiah got together with the prophet Isaiah, and they started praying faith-filled prayers and speaking victory. Rather than panic, they declared God’s favor, and He sent an angel to destroy the Syrian army.

When you feel bombarded by doubt, fear, and opposition, find someone full of faith who will stand in agreement with you. The Scripture says, “One can chase a thousand, but two can put ten thousand to flight.” In these difficult times where so much shaking is going on, you need to find an Isaiah. Find someone who says, “If you believe you’re going to get well, if you believe you’re going to overcome the setback, if you believe you’re going to do great things, count me in. I’m a believer, and I’m in agreement. With God all things are possible.” Keep your mind on God’s promises, speak victory in the face of the opposition, and it will be done for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there is no problem that is too big for You. Thank You that I can gather with the true believers You’ve brought into my life and we can agree together that Your will be done. I believe that as we come together, You are in our midst to bring victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 May 2023 06:56 #3024 by DrMike
It Really Doesn’t Matter

Today's Scripture

The devil said to Jesus, “If you are God’s Son, tell this stone to turn into bread.” Luke 4:3, CEV

After Jesus was baptized, God the Father said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Then Jesus was led into the desert to be tempted. After forty days, the enemy spoke today’s Scripture. The devil was saying, “Jesus, prove that You’re really the Son of God.” Jesus refused. He said, “Man doesn’t live by bread alone.” He was saying, “I don’t have anything to prove. My Father announced who I am. I was His Son in the water, and I’m His Son in the desert. I won’t waste My time trying to convince you of who I am. I have a destiny to fulfill.”

As with Jesus, it really doesn’t matter what the enemy or other people think of you. You have nothing to prove. When God looks at you, He says, “That’s My child, in whom I am well pleased.” Others may not be for you, they may try to discredit you or withhold their approval, but big deal. You are approved. You are accepted. You are anointed. Now step into your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can feel good about who I am because You made me just as I am and You are well pleased with me. Thank You that I can be free from trying to prove who I am to others. I’m happy to be Your child and to keep moving into my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 May 2023 07:40 #3025 by DrMike
Ignore the Lies

Today's Scripture

“He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.” John 8:44, NLT

You can’t stop the enemy’s lies, or pray away the negative thoughts, or get so determined that you’re never going to feel fear. But you don’t have to be intimidated, and you don’t have to live worried. The lies are a sign that what God promised is on the way, that there are great things in your future. He wouldn’t be telling you those lies if healing, freedom, and abundance aren’t around the corner.

Start ignoring the lies. Quit living worried about your health, your finances, or how you can accomplish your dream. Quit letting the lies dominate your thought life. The battle is taking place in your mind. The enemy is a liar and a bully. He knows if he can control your thoughts, he can control your life. When you recognize his tactics, when you know he comes at you with lies and distortions, you can deal with them properly. You won’t let the lies keep you from your purpose. Ignore the lies, keep moving forward, and God will get you to your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can guard my heart and keep it free from all the lies and distortions that try to keep me intimidated and living worried. Help me to recognize the enemy’s tactics. I declare that I will ignore the lies and believe the truth of Your Word. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 May 2023 08:06 #3026 by DrMike
Double

Today's Scripture

Because you got a double dose of trouble and more than your share of contempt, your inheritance in the land will be doubled and your joy go on forever. Isaiah 61:7, MSG

When we go through a loss or someone does us harm, a victim mentality will always come knocking at our door. We have to make the choice. Are we going to live bitter, discouraged, thinking we’re a victim of our circumstances? Or are we going to believe that God is in control, that He’s ordering our steps, that His plans for us are for good? Instead of having a victim mentality, switch over to a victor mentality. That bad break is not how your story ends.

God says that He will pay you back double for the unfair things that have happened. If you’re going to see the double, you have to know that God is going to make it up to you. He knows who hurt you, what you lost, and what you’re struggling with. He’s not going to just bring you out, He’s going to bring you out better. What you can’t see is that it set you up for promotion, increase, and favor. You’re not a victim. God always causes you to triumph.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You never leave me stuck as a victim, but You always work to bring about my victory. Thank You for Your promise that You are going to make up for it in such an above-and-beyond way. I receive Your double blessing and the joy that goes on forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 May 2023 10:19 #3027 by DrMike
Not by Might

Today's Scripture

“This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the LORD of hosts.” Zechariah 4:6, NKJV

You may be feeling worn out, just trying to make it through your days. But God is about to breathe new life into your spirit, new passion into your dreams. It won’t happen by your might or power, but by the Spirit of the living God. He’s going to make things happen that you couldn’t make happen, bring things out of you that you hadn’t known were in you. He’s going to give you a greater anointing, greater talent, greater opportunities. You’re going to see a new level of strength, a new level of stamina, a new level of endurance. What used to bother you is not going to bother you anymore. What used to be too much is going to be easy to overcome. Where you used to be intimidated and fearful, there’s going to be a boldness to step up to who you were created to be.

You have not seen your best days. You have not accomplished your biggest dreams. You have not run your best race. Get ready for explosive blessings that catapult you ahead.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the power of the Holy Spirit in my life that is so much greater than all of my might and power. Thank You that You are coming to equip and empower me in ways I don’t even know I need. I believe Your Spirit will lift me up to become all You created me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

31 May 2023 06:52 #3028 by DrMike
Out with the Old

Today's Scripture

“To give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.” Isaiah 61:3, NKJV

When someone hurts you, takes advantage of you, or breaks their promise to you, if you keep thinking about it, you’re letting them continue to hurt you. Don’t give them your power. You have to let it go. Give it to God. He saw what they did. He saw your tears and heartache, and He knows how to pay you back for the wrongs. He has beauty for the ashes, but you have to let go of the ashes before you can see the beauty. God says, “You give me the ashes, you quit dwelling on the hurts, you forgive them, you move forward with your life, and I’ll give you the beauty. I’ll give you the oil of joy and a garment of praise. That old spirit of heaviness has to go.”

The new thing God is going to do for you is going to be supernatural. The new people, the new opportunities, the promotion, healing, and influence that He has for you will be better than you ever dreamed. Get ready for the beauty.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the past is over and done and I can quit dwelling on it. Thank You that You had a purpose for the good and the bad of my past and that I can let it go and move forward. I believe You are giving me beauty for ashes and the oil of joy. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Jun 2023 06:35 #3029 by DrMike
You’re on the Way

Today's Scripture

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:10, NKJV

Too many people go through life with this nagging feeling that something’s wrong inside. Someone has said, “I’ve discovered the enemy. It was me.” Are you your enemy? Are you defeating yourself, limiting your dream, sabotaging your relationships—all because you don’t like yourself? You have enough people and circumstances against you, so don’t be against yourself. Don’t think of everything you don’t like about yourself or relive your mistakes. “I’ve done so many wrong things. I am so undisciplined. I got angry yesterday.” Instead of focusing on what’s wrong with you, start focusing on what’s right with you. You have weaknesses, you’ve made mistakes—we all have—but there’s a lot more right with you than there is wrong.

Quit beating yourself up for past mistakes, quit dwelling on your flaws, overanalyzing your weaknesses. You’re not a finished product. God is still working on you. By His grace, He’s changing you from glory to glory. Have the attitude: “I’m okay with where I am while I’m on the way to where God is taking me.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life is in Your hands—not just my strengths and gifts, but my weaknesses and shortcomings. Thank You for the promise that You are changing me from glory to glory. I declare that by Your grace I am what I am today, and I’m on the way to where You’re taking me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Jun 2023 09:07 #3030 by DrMike
The Source of Your Worth

Today's Scripture

“They shouldn’t trust in what has no worth, for their reward will be worthless.” Job 15:31, CEB

Too often we’re trying to get our worth out of what we do, how well we perform. We wonder if others think we’re good enough, talented enough, strong enough, or successful enough. We think that if we work harder, outperform our coworker, or drive an expensive car, we’ll feel good about ourselves. We live in a proving mode, with a need to impress. The problem is that we’re getting our value from the wrong place. If you don’t know who you are, if you don’t know that you’re a child of the Most High God, you’ll spend your energy trying to get other people to validate you. But when you’re secure in who God made you to be, when you’re comfortable with your gifts, your looks, and your personality, then you don’t go around competing with others. You’re not living to impress someone’s who’s more attractive than you or jealous of a friend who’s more talented. You know that you’re one of a kind, a masterpiece, made in the image of God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can feel good about myself because I am Your child. Thank You that my value comes from who You made me to be, not from what I do or how I perform. I declare that I am secure because I belong to You, the Most High God. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.937 seconds