Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 Jul 2023 10:16 #3051 by DrMike
Be a Lifter

Today's Scripture

Encourage the hearts of your fellow believers and support one another, just as you have already been doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11, TPT

There are times when people need you to stand in the gap when they’re down, even if they’re off course, not making good decisions. It’s easy to criticize and find fault. “Why did they do that? They should have known better.” They don’t need your judgment; they need your faith. Try a different approach. Pray for them. Ask God to show them mercy, to get them back on course. You can be the one who pushes them past the discouragement, who lifts them back on their feet.

God is counting on you to be a friend with faith—not a friend with criticism, a friend with judgment, a friend with jealousy. Be a lifter, be an encourager. Tell them that you’re praying for them, that you love them, that you believe in them. Your faith can be what lights their passion. Your faith can be what breaks the addiction. Your faith can be what God uses to propel them into their destiny. And you’ll discover that when you help others in need, there’s no limit to how high God will take you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all the people You have placed in my life. Thank You that I can stand in the gap for the ones who are down and need my faith, my prayers, my encouragement. Help me to have a heart of compassion and to be a lifter of others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America has some big needs that need to be filled and we are asking for you to pray for these needs. We have several needs in leadership, we need womens ministry leaders on a National level and state leaders. We need tech support. We also need men and women who can help with our national events. We have the COFA National ATV ride in August in CO, Our fall September retreat/fishcamp in Bemidji MN, we have a need for volunteers to help with the womens only elk hunt.In November we have the national Free kids paper turkey target shoot in CO, and need several volunteers for that event. If you feel called to help start a COFA group in your church or community contact Leslie at 303.909.3707 or myself Mike at 303.880.9878 or have questions, call us, we'd love to talk to you. If you know of someone we should talk to or you have them reach out to us we'd appreciate it.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2023 06:35 #3052 by DrMike
Fix Your Eyes

Today's Scripture

Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God—soon I’ll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He’s my God. Psalm 43:5, MSG

We all have times when we feel the blahs, but just because we feel those emotions doesn’t mean we have to give in to them. Even King David, who had great wealth and success, had to fight being moody and depressed. That tells us that everyone has to choose to deal with negative feelings. Sometimes the best thing we can do is talk to ourselves as David did. He was saying, “David, stop looking at your problems and start looking at your God.” That tells us that true joy is found only in God. Take your eyes off how you feel and your circumstances and place them on Him and His Word.

Start living by what you know. You know God is in control. You know He has a great plan for your life and His power is greater than any other power. Shake off those old discouraging feelings. Decide not to live by how you feel. Fix your eyes toward Him instead of your situation, and you’ll live the life of victory He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my God. Thank You that I can take my eyes off my circumstances and put a smile on my face and live a joy-filled life because I know You are in control. I declare that my eyes are fixed on You and Your Word. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America has some big needs that need to be filled and we are asking for you to pray for these needs. We have several needs in leadership, we need womens ministry leaders on a National level and state leaders. We need tech support. We also need men and women who can help with our national events. We have the COFA National ATV ride in August in CO, Our fall September retreat/fishcamp in Bemidji MN, we have a need for volunteers to help with the womens only elk hunt.In November we have the national Free kids paper turkey target shoot in CO, and need several volunteers for that event. If you feel called to help start a COFA group in your church or community contact Leslie at 303.909.3707 or myself Mike at 303.880.9878 or have questions, call us, we'd love to talk to you. If you know of someone we should talk to or you have them reach out to us we'd appreciate it.
Attachments:

19 Jul 2023 06:20 #3053 by DrMike
Planted, Not Buried

Today's Scripture

“Unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest.” John 12:24, NLT

In life, you have to realize that you’ll have some dirt put on you. At times, it feels like you’re a buried seed. You’ll feel like you’ll never get past a sickness, a trouble, an addiction. It’s dark, you feel pressure all around, and you don’t see a way out. The good news is that you’re not buried, you’re planted. When you’re buried, you’re done, but when you’re planted, you’re coming up again, stronger, healthier, more successful. But being planted feels the same as being buried. It’s dark, it’s uncomfortable, you feel pushed down and compacted. If you get discouraged, you’ll give up on your dreams.

Remember that the life of Almighty God is in your seed and is designed to push through the dirt. His life is more powerful than any force that’s trying to hold you back. Get ready, the seed God put in you is about to spring forth—the dreams, the health, the freedom, the abundance, the right people. The greatness God put in you is about to become a harvest.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the seed of greatness that You’ve placed in me that will only come to life buried under the dirt. Thank You that I am a planted seed, not a buried seed. I believe that the power of Your life in me is about to break forth into a plentiful harvest. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America has some big needs that need to be filled and we are asking for you to pray for these needs. We have several needs in leadership, we need women's ministry leaders on a National level and state leaders. We need tech support. We also need men and women who can help with our national events. We have the COFA National ATV ride in August in CO, Our fall September retreat/fishcamp in Bemidji MN, we have a need for volunteers to help with the women's only elk hunt.In November we have the national Free kids paper turkey target shoot in CO, and need several volunteers for that event. If you feel called to help start a COFA group in your church or community contact Leslie at 303.909.3707 or myself Mike at 303.880.9878 or have questions, call us, we'd love to talk to you. If you know of someone we should talk to or you have them reach out to us we'd appreciate it.
Attachments:

20 Jul 2023 06:59 #3054 by DrMike
Your Time to Reign

Today's Scripture

“Here is the king’s son! The time has come for him to reign! The LORD has promised that a descendant of David will be our king.” 2 Chronicles 23:3, NLT

When King Ahaziah of Judah was killed, his mother, Athaliah, decided to take the throne as queen. She killed the whole royal family of the house of Judah, except for Ahaziah’s baby son, Joash, who was hidden by his aunt in the temple. When Joash was seven years old, Jehoiada, the high priest, gathered the military commanders and heads of Israelite families, declared that it was time for the king’s son to reign, and overthrew Athaliah. God’s promise to David was secured.

What God started in your life, He’s going to finish. People can’t stop it. Bad breaks can’t keep it from happening. It’s time for the King’s children to reign. Whatever negative thing has been reigning over you is about to end. This is a new day. You are coming into destiny moments. God is about to take you where you can’t go on your own. It’s going to be unusual, it’s not going to happen on a normal schedule, and it’s going to be sooner than you think. It’s your time to reign.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that because I am Your child, I am going to reign in life. Thank You that the negative things that have been reigning over me are about to end. I believe that this is my time to see destiny moments of victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America has some big needs that need to be filled and we are asking for you to pray for these needs. We have several needs in leadership, we need women's ministry leaders on a National level and state leaders. We need tech support. We also need men and women who can help with our national events. We have the COFA National ATV ride in August in CO, Our fall September retreat/fishcamp in Bemidji MN, we have a need for volunteers to help with the women's only elk hunt.In November we have the national Free kids paper turkey target shoot in CO, and need several volunteers for that event. If you feel called to help start a COFA group in your church or community contact Leslie at 303.909.3707 or myself Mike at 303.880.9878 or have questions, call us, we'd love to talk to you. If you know of someone we should talk to or you have them reach out to us we'd appreciate it.
Attachments:

21 Jul 2023 07:24 #3055 by DrMike
No Excuses

Today's Scripture

Listen! The LORD’s arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call. Isaiah 59:1, NLT

We all go through things that are unfair—people do us wrong, the company let us go, we came down with an illness. It’s easy to live with a victim mentality, thinking we’re at a disadvantage, we were shortchanged, we can’t do anything great. We can’t love again because the last person hurt us. We can’t be happy because we’ve lost too much. As long as you accept that you’re a victim, you’re going to get stuck. Don’t use what you’ve been through as an excuse to feel sorry for yourself, to limit you, to not pursue your dreams.

You have to take the hand you’ve been dealt and make the most of it. Nothing that’s happened to you has stopped your destiny. When someone did you wrong and walked away, it may have been painful, but they didn’t ruin your life. They don’t have that much power. With His strong right arm, God will work out His plan for you. Now do your part and be the victor.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that this is a new day and that by Your strong right arm You are about to do a new thing in my life. Thank You that You have a way to break through the negative things that keep me stuck. I’m dropping the excuses and looking for new beginnings today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Jul 2023 07:38 #3056 by DrMike
Overflow

Today's Scripture

“The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil…. You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied.” Joel 2:24, 26, NKJV

For years the Israelites’ wheat harvest had been wiped out by locusts, leaving them in a desperate situation. But when they thought they would never see a harvest, God spoke to them and said, “I’ve seen what’s been stolen. I’m going to restore what you’ve lost with an abundance of wheat, wine, and oil.” Suddenly God turned it around and brought them into overflow.

It may seem like it’s too late, like you’ve missed your season. No, there’s still time. You’re going to still get a harvest from all those years you prayed, believed, did the right thing, worked hard, and helped others. That harvest has been stored up, and it’s on the way. God is not going to just free you, just heal you, just turn your children around, but He’s going to restore what you’ve lost and you’re going to be more fulfilled than you’ve ever been. You’re going to be healthier and stronger. You’re going to have relationships better than you’ve ever dreamed. You’re going to overflow with blessings, overflow with joy, overflow with favor.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Almighty God, the more-than-enough God, and You are able to restore those things that have been lost in my life. Thank You for the harvest of blessings that You have stored up for me. I declare that overflow is coming my way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Jul 2023 06:33 #3057 by DrMike
Be a Giver

Today's Scripture

“For we must always cherish the words of our Lord Jesus, who taught, ‘Giving brings a far greater blessing than receiving.’” Acts 20:35, TPT

One of the greatest temptations we face is to slip into the subtle trap of living selfishly. When you live to give and not to take, not only will you avoid that pitfall, but you will have more joy, blessing, and favor than you dreamed possible. God is a giver, and He created us to be givers. The spiritual principle is that when we reach out to other people in need, God will make sure that our own needs are supplied. If you want your dreams to come to pass, help someone else fulfill their dreams. If you’re down and discouraged, get your mind off yourself and go help meet your friend’s need. Sow the seed that will bring you a harvest.

Have an attitude that says, “Who can I bless today?” You can give a smile or a hug or an encouraging word. You can do a small but meaningful task to help someone. You can visit someone in the hospital or make a meal for your elderly neighbor. Someone needs what you have to share today.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your heart is to give and give, even giving Your own Son to save me. Help me to have Your heart and to always be ready to give and help others in need. I want to encourage others, to help others any way I can, and to lift them up when they are hurting. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Jul 2023 06:53 #3058 by DrMike
Take Down Giants

Today's Scripture

From Hebron Caleb drove out the three Anakites—Sheshai, Ahiman and Talmai, the sons of Anak. Joshua 15:14, NIV

When the Promised Land was divided up and given to the families of the Israelites, Caleb could have asked for an easy section. But instead he asked for the mountain where three giants still lived, the place where the Israelites had refused to go, which resulted in Caleb wandering with them in the wilderness for forty years. He said, “Give me this mountain that God promised me. This is my destiny.”

Where are some giants that you can bring down? Where are some people you can lift up? There’s nothing worse than to come to the end of life and realize you never took your promised land. It is not in the average or in the routine or the comfortable, but it is in the cause. It is doing something out of the ordinary, getting involved in something that isn’t about you, making your neighborhood better, blessing that coworker, bringing down a giant. Make up your mind to not live comfort-driven, but cause-driven. Then you’ll defeat your greatest enemies and reach your promised land.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God and that no giant is too great for You. Thank You that You have causes for me to fight, for people to lift up and support, and to help drive out giants. Help me to be like Caleb and be bold to take my promised land. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Jul 2023 07:09 #3059 by DrMike
With the Blessing

Today's Scripture

So the chief priests made plans to kill Lazarus as well, for on account of him many of the Jews were going over to Jesus and believing in him. John 12:10–11, NIV

When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, it was a great miracle. You would think everyone would celebrate that this man had life again. But the leaders in the synagogue didn’t like the fact that it brought more attention to Jesus. They made plans to kill both Jesus and Lazarus. God had chosen to bless Lazarus and make him an example of His goodness. But with that great blessing came great persecution. In the end, however, the leaders’ plan never succeeded. They failed to kill Lazarus. That’s because people can’t stop your destiny. The blessing on your life is greater than any force that’s trying to hold you back.

If God is going to bless you in a greater way, you have to be able to handle greater persecution. Don’t get upset when people turn on you. Don’t be bitter or revengeful and try to pay them back. Ignore it. Keep shining, keep dreaming, keep being good to people, and God will deal with the critics, the jealous people, the opposition.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for every blessing that You have given me so richly to be enjoyed. Thank You for the people who celebrate all that You are doing in my life. Help me to handle the criticism or opposition that may come from those who get jealous. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Jul 2023 06:18 #3060 by DrMike
He’s on Your Side

Today's Scripture

“If the God of my father had not been on my side—the God of Abraham and the fearsome God of Isaac—you would have sent me away empty-handed. But God has seen your abuse and my hard work.” Genesis 31:42, NLT

Year after year, Jacob’s father-in-law, Laban, lied to him and cheated him out of his wages ten times. Jacob could have walked away bitter, but he took the high road and kept being his best. In the end, God’s extraordinary blessing on Jacob was so abundant that he had more flocks than Laban.

Don’t be discouraged over what it looks like you’re losing, how you’re being shortchanged, not getting what you deserve. God knows what you’re owed. When you come into your payback time, you’ll see sudden increase, unusual growth, extraordinary blessing. Now here’s the key: Don’t look to people to make it up to you; look to God. That person who hurt you or the company that let you go can’t pay you back the way God is going to pay you back. If you get it from people, it’s going to be less than what it should have been. You have to pass the test of being vindictive. That’s not a battle you’re supposed to fight. Let the Most High God settle your account.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You see everything that has happened to me. Thank You that I can let go of every unfair thing and forgive quickly before bitterness can come in. I declare that I will continue to be my best and let You settle my accounts. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.786 seconds