Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Sep 2023 09:38 #3081 by DrMike
Stand Your Ground

Today's Scripture

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13, NIV

Being a person of faith doesn’t exempt us from difficulty. The apostle Paul says you are going to have evil days when you must have on the full armor of God. You’re going to have things in life that can knock the wind out of you, take your joy, and cause you to want to give up on your dreams. Paul says to just stand in the face of the opposition, stand when every voice says it’s not going to work out, stand when the medical report is not changing, stand when your finances aren’t improving, stand when your child is not making good decisions. To stand means you’re not moved by what’s not changing. You’re not complaining because it’s taking so long. You’re not bitter because you had the setback. You’re not frustrated because your plans didn’t work out. You stand believing, stand trusting, stand hoping, stand expecting. If you stand immovable, unshakable, then you will be unstoppable. Those evil days will not keep you from your destiny; they will launch you into your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have provided me with Your armor to be able to withstand the evil days. Thank You that You only ask me to take my stand, trusting in You through it all. I believe that You have me in the palms of Your hands and You will get me through. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Sep 2023 07:56 #3082 by DrMike
Dream Releasers

Today's Scripture

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. Ecclesiastes 4:9–10, NIV

Do you pay attention to who you’re letting speak into your life and who you’re coming into agreement with? If it’s negative people who pour cold water on your faith and cause you to doubt, it’s time to come out of that agreement. That’s going to limit you. You have to come into agreement with faith-filled, favor-filled, “all things are possible” people. You need to be in agreement with dream releasers, with people who don’t limit you to what you can do, what you can have, or who you know. Dream releasers are people who know that God can do more than you can ask or think. Dream releasers are people who are bold, who believe for what God put in your heart even when they don’t see how it can happen. They will lift you up when you fall, and they will stand with you through thick and thin. When they agree with you, a power is released, a favor, a blessing that only comes from the two of you joining your faith. It’s the power of agreement.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the people in my life who lift me up, inspire me, encourage me, and believe for what You put in my heart. Help me to know if there are relationships that are having a negative impact on me and limiting me. I want to be in agreement with dream releasers. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

05 Sep 2023 06:42 #3083 by DrMike
A Cause-Driven Life

Today's Scripture

And David said, “What have I done now? Is there not a cause?” 1 Samuel 17:29, NKJV

In 1 Samuel 17, when the young shepherd named David heard Goliath taunting the Israelite army, something rose up in David, a holy anger to defeat this giant who defied the armies of the living God. His own brother tried to put him down, but David answered, “Is there not a cause?” He was saying, “You may be afraid, but this giant is dishonoring my God. This is a cause worth fighting for.” What took David from the shepherds’ fields into his destiny of the throne was a cause that was bigger than himself. He stood up for something that in one sense didn’t have anything to do with him—he wasn’t in the army, it wasn’t his battle, and Goliath wasn’t taunting him. He could have gone home and lived a comfort-driven life, but when you fight giants for someone else, that cause is going to launch you into your destiny as it did David. When you’re cause-driven, you’ll see some giants come down, you’ll see promotion, doors open, the right people show up.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are always greater than any difficulty I will ever face or any cause I will be involved in. Thank You for opportunities to fight for others, to encourage others, and to support others. I believe that You are going to lead me into the fullness of my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Sep 2023 06:57 #3084 by DrMike
He Is There

Today's Scripture

Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. Psalm 139:7–8, NIV

I love the fact that the psalmist says you can never fall so low or get yourself in a place where you’re beyond God’s reach, that God won’t be there to pick you up. He doesn’t hold your mistakes against you. You’re not too far off course, and you haven’t failed too many times. Be encouraged that wherever you are in your life, whatever you’ve done, God is right there. He’s right there with mercy, forgiveness and hope – not with judgment or condemnation. God is there to free you from guilt, to release you from condemnation. He’s breathing on your life in a new way with fresh vision and fresh passion. New doors are about to open. What He started in your life, He’s going to finish. Now don’t write yourself off, and don’t write anyone else off. Don’t give up on, or quit praying for your loved ones. There’s no depth to which God won’t stoop in order to free you, to restore a family member, or to bring your child back home.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your great unfailing love and for Your mercies that are new every morning. Thank You that I never have to wonder about whether I’m beyond Your reach, because Your presence is always there. I believe that You are breathing on my life right now. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Sep 2023 06:50 #3085 by DrMike
Loaded Down

Today's Scripture

The LORD brought his people safely out from Egypt, loaded with silver and gold. Psalm 105:37, NLT

After the Israelites had been in slavery for hundreds of years in Egypt, God supernaturally brought them out and defeated Pharaoh and their oppressors. It was a day they never dreamed would happen. But God didn’t just bring them out, He paid them back for the years of mistreatment. On their way out, Exodus 12 says, “God caused the Israelites to have favor with their oppressors, who gave them articles of gold, silver, and clothing.” They left loaded down with blessings.

God is keeping the records of what you are owed—for those times when you’ve done the right thing but been treated unfairly, when you gave your best in a relationship but the other person walked away, when you were repeatedly overlooked for a promotion. Your time is coming. What God has for you is still on the way. The joy that should have been yours, the resources, the healing, the good relationships, and the victories you missed out on are still in your future. He’s about to make up for the harvest you missed.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You keep the records of everything that should have been mine but was lost. I believe and declare that You are not only restoring me to wholeness but that You are bringing me out better than ever, that everything You put in my heart will come to pass. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Sep 2023 14:26 #3086 by DrMike
Turbulence

Today's Scripture

“I’ve told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.” John 16:33, MSG

Life is often like a plane ride. We’re going along fine, we’re healthy, we’re getting good breaks, then we hit turbulence and start bouncing around like a roller coaster—a sickness, a layoff, a friend betrays us. We didn’t see it coming. We’re holding on for dear life. It’s easy to panic, to fall apart and say, “God, what’s happening?” Can I encourage you? It’s just a part of your ten minutes of turbulence. It’s not going to last. It may be chaotic and feel stressful, but it’s going to calm down. After the turbulence, you’re going to come out just fine.

Maybe you’re in turbulence right now that feels like it’s going to be years. You’re worried, losing sleep, trying to figure it all out. Come back to a place of peace. God controls the winds, and behind the scenes He’s flying your plane right now. Things are going to work out. Now keep the right perspective. Your time is coming. It’s going to happen sooner than you think. Live with this soon mentality.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus has conquered the world through His death on the cross and resurrection. Thank You that though I go through times of turbulence, I can be unshakable, assured, and deeply at peace. I will take heart, knowing You’re flying my plane. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Sep 2023 07:05 #3087 by DrMike
A Surely Mentality

Today's Scripture

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. Psalm 23:6, NKJV

In today’s Scripture, David was saying, “I am confident that good things are coming. I am confident that this situation is turning around.” It’s very powerful when you add the “surely” to what you’re believing for. Thoughts will tell you that you’ll never get well. “Surely, Lord, good health is on the way.” “You’ll never get out of debt.” “Surely I will lend and not borrow.” “You’ll always struggle with that bad habit.” “Surely I will break this addiction. Surely freedom is coming.”

What you’re up against may look too big. None of the circumstances look like it’s going to happen. You could be filled with worry and doubt. Try a new approach. Start adding some “surelys” to what you’re believing for. When you have this surely mentality, you’re going to see some “surelys” come to pass. Don’t let the circumstances fool you. Surely goodness and mercy are following you. Surely God is about to bless you and show you favor that you’ve never seen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the confidence I have that good things are coming to me because You are on the throne. Help me to always have this surely mentality that leads to victory. I am looking for Your goodness and believing for Your favor today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Sep 2023 07:05 #3088 by DrMike
Tune Out the Lies

Today's Scripture

The LORD said to Samuel, “This is the one—anoint him!” 1 Samuel 16:12, GNT

When Samuel came to the house of Jesse to anoint one of his eight sons to be the next king, Jesse didn’t think David was king material. David’s brothers looked down on him and tried to make him feel less than them. But the moment Samuel saw David, he knew this was the next king.

God has already lined up people who will see your greatness, speak destiny into you, and use their influence to take you higher. But most of the time you will first encounter critics, naysayers, even family members who try to discourage you. If you’re going to see Samuel, you have to become deaf to all the negative voices that try to discourage you, to get you to give up on dreams, to live below your potential. Don’t fall into that trap. Start tuning out all the lies that diminish you and make you feel less-than, not valuable, not worthy. Tune in to what God says about you. He says you’re His masterpiece, crowned with favor, gifted, and talented. You have everything you need to fulfill your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that people don’t determine my destiny, but You do. Thank You that You see my potential, my faithfulness, and my integrity. I believe that You have things in my future that are beyond what I’ve ever asked for or imagined. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Sep 2023 05:03 #3089 by DrMike
Be the Light

Today's Scripture

“You are the light of the world.” Matthew 5:14, NIV

When Jesus chose His disciples, they were ordinary people—several fishermen, a tax collector, a zealot. Yet He looked at them and said, “You are the light of the world.” They probably thought, “Who’s He talking about? There’s nothing special about us.” But down in their spirit something ignited, something came alive. Their seeds of greatness began to take root. They felt faith rising up and destiny calling them. Instead of talking themselves out of it, they got in agreement. “Yes, we’re the light of the world. We’re going to impact our generation.” Jesus spoke the blessing over them. He declared favor and influence for them, and because they agreed, they became the light of the world and changed it. Two thousand years later, they’re still impacting us.

Don’t think of all the reasons for why you can’t be the light of the world. The blessing is a supernatural empowerment, a divine favor that will cause you to impact others. Receive Jesus’ word, let it take root in your spirit, and it will ignite your seeds of greatness.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the power of the spoken blessing that You have put on my life because I belong to You. Thank You that You have made me a light to the world, to those I know and see every day. I believe that as I keep honoring You, You will impact lives through me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

I will be at a National COFA event, the COFA tips will resume on Thursday, September 21 cofausa.org/civicrm/event/info/?id=134
Attachments:

21 Sep 2023 07:15 #3090 by DrMike
Testing Your Character

Today's Scripture

Until the time came to fulfill his dreams, the LORD tested Joseph’s character. Psalm 105:19, NLT

Before your dream comes to pass, God will test your character. You have to prove that you can handle what He’s entrusted you with. God gave Joseph a dream that he would be in leadership, but his brothers took away his coat of many colors that represented his father’s favor and sold him into slavery in Egypt, where he was falsely accused and put in prison. These weren’t just random bad breaks; God was testing his character. It wasn’t fair, but Joseph didn’t get bitter. He kept passing the test. His brothers took his robe, but they couldn’t take his favor. They took his freedom, but they couldn’t take his anointing. They took him from his home, but they couldn’t take his dream. All these steps prepared him to become the prime minister of Egypt.

Be a Joseph. Do the right thing when it’s hard. That difficulty is not there to stop you, it’s there to prepare you. Keep passing the test. God is about to release you into a new level of favor, influence, and resources.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me so much that You work to refine my character and bring me up higher. Thank You for the training and preparation process that You are taking me through even now. I believe that I will pass the tests and get to where You are taking me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.159 seconds