Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Aug 2023 06:34 #3071 by DrMike
Who Do You Say You Are?

Today's Scripture

Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy. Psalm 107:2, NKJV

There are a lot of voices in life trying to define us and tell us who we are. Some voices are uplifting, telling us that we’re talented and can do great things. Others are negative, telling us that there’s nothing special about us. Our own thoughts will try to label us with “you made too many mistakes and missed your chance.” It’s easy to wonder, “Who am I? Am I talented or ordinary? Am I strong and confident or weak and insecure? Do I have a bright future or have I blown it?”

Here’s the key: The only voice that matters is your voice. Who do you say you are? What you choose is what you will become. Instead of letting people or circumstances define you, you need to go back to what God says about you. God says, “You can do all things through Christ. You’re equipped and empowered.” Other voices will tell you, “The problem’s too big. You don’t have what it takes.” You have the final choice. Who do you say you are?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that nothing anyone says about me can change what You have said about me. Thank You that I am who You say I am and I can say so. I believe that I am redeemed, a masterpiece, fearfully and wonderfully created in Your image. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2023 06:53 #3072 by DrMike
Our Father

Today's Scripture

So He said to them, “When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.” Luke 11:2, NKJV

When Jesus’ disciples asked Him how to pray, He taught them what we know now as the Lord’s Prayer. He started off saying, “Our Father in heaven.” The prayer goes on to talk about our daily bread, protection from evil, and forgiving others. But it’s significant that before we ask for our needs, before we ask for protection and guidance, God says, “I want you to acknowledge who you are. I want you to see yourself as My child.” We’re saying, “God, I know who I am. I belong to you. You’re my Father. You created me. You love me. You care for me. You protect me. You favor me.” If you don’t know who you are, the rest of this prayer is not going to be effective. You can’t ask in faith for your daily bread, your protection, and your guidance if you don’t know you’re His child. Because of who you are, you can stay in peace, knowing that your Father will do for you more than you can ask, think, or imagine.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that I am Your child and You really are my Heavenly Father. Thank You that I don’t have to worry about if or how You’re going to work things out in my life or stress out when I don’t see things changing. I declare that I belong to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

17 Aug 2023 07:02 #3073 by DrMike
Deep Roots

Today's Scripture

If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small. Proverbs 24:10, NKJV

It’s interesting that researchers have discovered that if trees grow up in an environment where they don’t have to withstand any wind pressure, their roots don’t develop properly and eventually can’t withstand their own weight. They have a deficiency in what they call “stress wood,” which is essentially the trees’ reaction to wind. Stress wood helps the tree grow stronger and more solidly. Without it, the trees can’t survive. The wind is essential for the tree to flourish and become what it was created to be.

In the same way, without the pressure of difficulties, we wouldn’t develop properly. Don’t complain about the testing. Every day you stand, it’s strengthening you. Your roots are going down deeper. You’re developing courage, strength, and fortitude. Every time you praise when you could complain, you’re developing stress wood. When you keep doing the right thing when the wrong thing is happening, your core is getting strengthened to carry the full weight of God’s blessing. Pass the test and stand tall and strong and flourishing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the difficulties and pressures I face are strengthening and are working in me a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. Thank You that they are developing stress wood in the core of my life. I believe I’m going to stand tall and flourish. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 Aug 2023 06:57 #3074 by DrMike
Supercharged

Today's Scripture

You’ve supercharged my life so that I soar again like a flying eagle in the sky! Psalm 103:5, TPT

When David first saw the giant Goliath, he could have thought, “I’m too small, not strong enough, not experienced enough. I have no chance.” David knew he was limited, but he also knew that God was saying, “Don’t worry, I’m about to supercharge your life. I’m going to give you strength that you’ve never had, ability that you’ve never seen, and favor that will catapult you ahead.”

We all have times when we feel we’ve reached our limits. We’ve done our best at work or in a relationship, stayed in faith, but the dream seems too big, the challenge too strong. We’ve come to the end of our ability. If only we had more talent, more stamina, more favor, more creativity, then we could accomplish the dream. When you feel you’re at a disadvantage, the opposition is stronger, you don’t have the endurance, God is about to supercharge you. God is putting a new set of wings on you. Get ready to soar, get ready to overcome, get ready to go places you’ve never been.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for this wonderful promise that You will supercharge my life. Thank You that You have ways of giving me new strength and abilities that I’ve never seen. I believe that You can cause me to soar and overcome my limitations. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Aug 2023 07:01 #3075 by DrMike
Remember Who You Are

Today's Scripture

“As my life was slipping away, I remembered the LORD.” Jonah 2:7, NLT

God told the prophet Jonah to go to the city of Nineveh and tell them to repent, but he disobeyed. He ended up at sea in the middle of a huge storm, was thrown overboard, then was swallowed by a big fish. Even when we make mistakes, even when we bring trouble on ourselves, God is merciful to provide a way of escape. Jonah was dying inside that fish when Scripture says he remembered the Lord. He was saying, in effect, “I was just about done when I remembered who I am.” He started thanking God in a situation that looked impossible, and God caused the fish to spit him up on dry ground and gave him a second chance.

You may have made mistakes, but that’s not who you are, that’s what you did. You are still a child of the Most High God. You are forgiven, redeemed, restored, called, equipped, chosen, and anointed. Nothing you’ve done has changed who you are. Trust Him, and He will get you to where you’re supposed to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I make a mistake and bring trouble upon myself, You cover me with mercy and give me second chances. Help me to remember You and that I am still Your child when I mess up. I believe You will get me to where I’m supposed to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

22 Aug 2023 06:07 #3076 by DrMike
Buried

Today's Scripture

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 2 Corinthians 4:8, NLT

Think about a tiny seed that you plant in the ground. The dirt that’s on top of it is thousands of times heavier, more powerful. The little seed could think, “I was doing fine, then someone buried me.” But what that seed doesn’t know is God already took into account that it would be buried, overwhelmed, surrounded by pressure and forces that are much greater. So God designed into that seed a supernatural life, supernatural strength, supernatural ability. After it’s buried, that seed will germinate and have the strength to push the opposing dirt out of the way, strength to move something many times stronger.

God is showing us that it’s not the size of what you’re up against. What matters is what the Creator put in you. Don’t be intimidated by how big the opposition is, by how bad the medical report looks, by the power of the people who are against you. Like that seed, you have the life of Almighty God. You have the favor of God. You have can-do power. You are stronger than you think.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what pressures and troubles I face, I can stay in peace knowing that Your life in me is greater than any force that comes against me. I believe and declare that I am stronger than I think, and I will push through and overcome. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Aug 2023 06:28 #3077 by DrMike
Never Late

Today's Scripture

“For still the vision awaits its appointed time…If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.” Habakkuk 2:3, ESV

Sometimes we want something so badly that we get out of balance. We feel like we’re falling behind and start to panic. We’re not going to be happy unless God does it our way. You have to release control of how and when God is going to bring it to pass. Hold tightly to your dreams but hold loosely to how God is going to do it.

Today’s Scripture talks about how there is a set time for God to favor you, a set time to heal you, a set time to turn the problem around. If there’s a right time, that means there’s a wrong time. If it hasn’t happened yet, it wasn’t meant to be yet. Instead of fighting where you are, why don’t you embrace where you are? “God, I know You’re ordering my steps. I am right where I’m supposed to be. Thank You that my set times are coming.” God is not going to be one second late. He’s not going to accidentally miss your set time.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that this is my appointed time for favor and You are never late. Thank You that You are ordering my steps and helping me do what I could not do on my own. I believe that my set time is established, and You will make it happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Aug 2023 06:54 #3078 by DrMike
Committed to Excellence

Today's Scripture

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23–24, NIV

We live in a society in which mediocrity is the norm. Many people do as little as they can to get by. They don’t take pride in their work or in who they are. If someone is watching, they may perform one way, but when nobody is watching, they cut corners and take the easy way out. If you are not careful, you can be pulled into this same mentality where you think it’s okay to show up late to work, to look and to give less than your best. Don’t sink to that level.

God doesn’t bless mediocrity. God blesses excellence. When you have a spirit of excellence, you do your best whether anyone is watching or not. You go the extra mile. You do more than you have to. You’re always taking steps to improve. You set the highest standard. You live your best because you are honoring God, and you’re representing Almighty God to your loved ones, friends, coworkers, and neighbors. In everything you do, make the more excellent choices that give God praise.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for calling me to be a person of excellence in everything I do, to go the second mile and always be my best. I want that excellence to flow out of my heart of love for You. I believe that as I give it my all, I will see Your goodness and favor in my life in new ways. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Aug 2023 06:52 #3079 by DrMike
Shoes of Peace

Today's Scripture

…and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. Ephesians 6:15, ESV

The Scripture tells us to put on the armor of God, including the shoes of peace. I think God is saying, “You’re going to walk through difficulties you don’t understand. There’s going to be plenty of opportunities to live upset and afraid. But don’t worry, I’ve prepared you for what you’re going to face. I’ve armed you with peace and strength for the battle. It may not make sense, but it’s all a part of My plan.”

Make sure you keep your shoes of peace on. Don’t fear the unknown or lose sleep over what doesn’t make sense. God has equipped you, empowered you, and anointed you. No weapon formed against you will prosper. Keep walking in faith, trusting when you don’t understand, and you’re going to walk into blessings, healing, freedom, abundance, and victory like you’ve never seen. When you trust God when it doesn’t make sense, you’re going to come into favor that doesn’t make sense—new levels of influence, new levels of joy, new levels of leadership, new levels of resources.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being the God of all peace and for giving me shoes of peace to walk in. Thank You that You walk with me through whatever I go through. I refuse to allow what I don’t understand to get me upset. I declare I walk in peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Aug 2023 08:06 #3080 by DrMike
The One Thing Missing

Today's Scripture

“About this time next year,” Elisha said, “you will hold a son in your arms.” 2 Kings 4:16, NIV

In 2 Kings 4, there was a well-to-do lady who had a nice house and influential friends, but she was barren and her husband was old. Whenever the prophet Elisha traveled through their town, she graciously provided him with a room and food. One day God gave Elisha the desire to bless this woman with the one thing missing in her life, and within a year she was holding her baby boy. What she thought was too good to be true became a reality.

God knows how to put desires in people’s hearts to be good to you. You keep doing the right thing, honoring God, and He’ll line up the right people to help you. God is a supernatural God. He created the universe. He can make things happen that seem too good to be true. Take the limits off God. He has blessings and provisions for the dreams that you’ve given up on—for the business, for the healing, for the freedom from an addiction. “About this time next year” is a promise for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Almighty God who makes what seems too good to be true become a reality. Thank You that I can take the limits off You by believing that Your promises are coming to pass. I believe that when I am doing the right thing You will reward me with favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.902 seconds