Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 Jun 2023 06:27 #3031 by DrMike
What’s Your Cause?

Today's Scripture

“The more lowly your service to others, the greater you are. To be the greatest, be a servant.”Matthew 23:11, TLB

There should be something we’re involved in that’s bigger than ourselves. It’s good to have personal goals and dreams that we want to accomplish, but if you’re only focused on yourself, you won’t reach your highest potential. You were created to help someone else, to be a blessing, to lift and encourage those who are down, to fight for those who can’t fight for themselves. You need to have a cause that you’re passionate about, some way that you can make the world a better place. It may be to volunteer at the women’s shelter, to mentor a young person, to do repairs for the elderly neighbors, to support great organizations, or to pay a single mom’s rent.

When you live cause-driven, you’ll get up early, make sacrifices, take risks, and show up when you have other things to do. Your attitude is, “I’m on a mission. Somebody needs what I have, somebody’s counting on me. I’m going to get involved and make a difference.” When you have a cause, you’ll pray bold prayers and believe for big things.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I have something that someone else needs to make their life better. Help me to keep my eyes open for the causes and the people You bring me to serve and bless. I believe that I’m going to make a difference and that You are taking me higher. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2023 06:21 #3032 by DrMike
Persecution

Today's Scripture

And Jesus replied, “Let me assure you that no one has ever given up anything—home, brothers, sisters, mother, father, children, or property—for love of me and to tell others the Good News, who won’t be given back, a hundred times over, homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and land—with persecutions!” Mark 10:29–30, TLB

We all love to be blessed, to see new doors open, to have our business take off, to meet just the right person, to move into a new house. But the blessing of God doesn’t come by itself. Jesus told His disciples, “I’m going to bless you with houses and relationships and success, but the favor will stir up jealousy, competition, and envy in certain people who will oppose you.” The question is whether you can handle the persecution—being misunderstood, talked about, left out, criticized. Don’t get upset and offended when it happens. It’s not about you; it’s about the blessing on your life. To be blessed on a greater level will lead to persecution on a greater level.

You have to pass the test of overlooking insults, ignoring what people are saying, not paying attention to the critics and those who try to discredit you. Don’t waste your time trying to make someone be for you who’s never going to be for you. You don’t need their approval; you have Almighty God’s approval.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the favor You have put on my life and every blessing that I could never deserve. Help me to handle any persecution that may come from those who cannot handle what You’re doing in my life. I declare that Your approval is all I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

08 Jun 2023 06:26 #3033 by DrMike
Set Times

Today's Scripture

For Sarah became pregnant and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time God had told him. Genesis 21:2, AMPC

Abraham was one hundred years old when Sarah did what seemed impossible and gave birth to Isaac at the age of ninety, exactly at the set time God had promised. They had waited for the fulfilment of the promise over twenty years, had seen no sign of it happening, and every circumstance said there was no way. But God is faithful. What He promised was en route.

Maybe God has put promises in your heart that seem too late. You don’t see how you can get well or how your child can get back on course. When thoughts tell you that it’s too late, let that go in one ear and out the other. God is lining up the healing, the favor, the good breaks—they’re already on your schedule. It’s all set in His timing. Keep honoring God and every blessing that has your name on it is coming in. People can’t stop it, bad breaks can’t stop it, age can’t stop it, the economy can’t stop it, and forces of darkness can’t stop it. Get ready for it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have established set times to bring Your promises to pass in my life. Give me the grace to accept Your timing and wait patiently, knowing that You’ve already scheduled things in for me. I believe that my times are in Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Jun 2023 06:55 #3034 by DrMike
Can-Do Power

Today's Scripture

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13, NKJV

When God designed you, He knew what pressures you would face: financial pressure, relationship pressure, raising children pressure, dealing with an illness pressure. If that pressure was going to crush you, God wouldn’t have put you there. He doesn’t make mistakes. Whatever you face, remind yourself that you can handle it. Now you have to get in agreement with God. If you go around thinking, “This pressure at work is too much. I can’t take it,” that’s going to defeat you.

The Scripture says you are full of can-do power. You are well able to overcome opposition, to outlast adversity. But can-do power doesn’t do any good if you have a can’t-do mentality. Quit looking at all the things you can’t do. Have a new perspective: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. This obstacle may be big, but I can overcome it. This trouble is taking longer than I thought, but I can outlast it. This situation feels overwhelming, but I’m designed for it. I’m strong, I’m anointed, and I’m equipped.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for designing me with strength for every pressure that I will ever face. Thank You that You have already equipped me with power to overcome opposition and outlast adversity. I declare that I am strong and can do all things through Christ. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Jun 2023 06:40 #3035 by DrMike
Be a David

Today's Scripture

“I will defend this city and save it, for my sake and for the sake of David my servant.” 2 Kings 19:34, NIV

Over three hundred years after David died, eight generations later, his descendant King Hezekiah and the city of Jerusalem were surrounded by a huge Assyrian army. It looked as though Hezekiah was done, but God sent an angel who destroyed 185,000 of the enemy troops. In a split second the army was defeated and the nation was saved. I can imagine Hezekiah asking, “God, what did I do to deserve this favor?” God answered, in effect, “Hezekiah, it wasn’t anything you did. It was for the sake of my servant David. He stored up mercy for you three hundred years ago. You’re walking in the blessing that he deposited into your account.”

Be a David. Start a blessing. You can pass down blessings, favor, generosity, and faithfulness for generations to come. Or you can pass down dysfunction, bitterness, and mediocrity. Start the blessing, start the favor, start the freedom. God is counting on you to take your family to a new level. Because of your faithfulness, they’re going to go further, accomplish more, and become all they were created to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the possibility that the seeds of obedience and of helping others I am sowing today can continue to bless my descendants for many generations. Help me to be a David and leave a legacy that honors You and produces good fruit long after I am gone. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Jun 2023 06:17 #3036 by DrMike
Spoken Blessings

Today's Scripture

“The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me…to proclaim good news to the poor…to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives…to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor.” Isaiah 61:1–2, NIV

Words are powerful. They have the ability to set the direction for our lives. When they’re spoken over us by someone who has authority, such as a parent, a coach, or a mentor, they can determine our destiny. The reason some people aren’t reaching their potential is they’ve never had blessings spoken over them. They’ve never had anyone declare what they can become, who God says they are, and how they have seeds of greatness. In today’s Scripture, the prophet Isaiah went around declaring God’s favor, freedom, and victory. He says that all those who would receive this declaration, those who would let these words take root, would see it come to pass.

Hundreds of years later, Jesus read this same declaration to the people in the synagogue in Nazareth. “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me to declare…” Jesus declares victory, abundance, healing, and freedom over you. If you receive it, He will put you on a path to greater joy, better health, stronger relationships, to new levels of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the power of Your declared blessing and favor over my life overrides any negative declarations that others have made about me. Thank You that I can receive Your favor, freedom, and victory. I believe You’re setting me on the best path for my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Jun 2023 06:31 #3037 by DrMike
Steer Your Ship

Today's Scripture

Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. James 3:4, NIV

In James 3, it compares the tongue to a rudder of a ship. Even though the tongue is a small part of the body, it’s steering your life. What you’re saying is determining which direction you go. The good news is, you have control over your tongue. The next time you’re tempted to say something negative about yourself, your future, your children, or your finances, zip it up. Don’t steer toward defeat.

Are you sending your words out in the direction you want your life to go? The psalmist David says, “God will crown the year with a bountiful harvest, even the hard places will overflow with abundance.” You can go around saying, “This year looks like another tough year,” or you can say, “Father, thank You that even in a famine, even in a downturn, I am favored. Thank You that You’re not limited by my circumstances or the economy. Thank You that I am prosperous and I will overflow with joy, peace, and strength.” That’s steering your ship toward increase, steering your ship toward overflow.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You created me to use my words to steer my life in a way that’s in agreement with You. Help me to not just zip my lips before I speak words that could harm, but to use my words to edify. I believe that You will help me to speak in a way that leads to victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

The COFA Devotions will resume on June 28th, I will be out of the office until then.

Attachments:

28 Jun 2023 06:21 #3038 by DrMike
Knowing Makes All the Difference

Today's Scripture

Within your heart you can make plans for your future, but the Lord chooses the steps you take to get there. Proverbs 16:9, TPT

We all go through disappointments and things we don’t understand. It’s easy to get discouraged and lose our passion. But God won’t allow anything to happen that will keep you from your purpose. He’s already taken into account every bad break, every person who walked away, every mistake you’ve made. What we can’t see is how He’s working behind the scenes. Sometimes He closes a door so He can open a bigger door, or He’ll move someone out of your life because they’re limiting your growth. What feels like a disappointment is really His hand ordering your steps to get you to a new level.

Maybe you went through a loss, you’re discouraged, thinking that you’ve seen your best days. If you only knew what God was up to, that God has beauty for those ashes, that new doors are going to open and new friendships are coming, you would live from a place of peace, knowing that the best part of your life is still in front of you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when things don’t go according to my plans, I can know that You are working behind the scenes and in charge of my steps. Thank You that You love me too much to leave me on my own. I believe that You will work all of these things together for my good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Jun 2023 07:38 #3039 by DrMike
Be Merciful

Today's Scripture

“Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.” Luke 6:36, NIV

No matter who we’re in relationship with, no matter how good of a person they are, at times, they’re going to disappoint us, let us down, and hurt us. It’s easy to let that press us down and become sour. Before long we have a list of all the things they’ve done wrong, all the things we don’t like about them, how they don’t measure up. It’s all about past hurts, past failures, what they said, how they treated us. The easy way out is to disconnect and stop spending time with them.

You have to let the past go. This is a new day. God’s mercy is fresh every morning. Come into the present. Life is too short for you to hold on to hurts, to focus on what they did wrong. Give that person room to be human. Show them the mercy that God has shown you. Don’t hold grudges. Forgive them and move forward. Be kind, encourage them, be generous, and help them reach their dreams as much as you can.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for freely giving me Your mercy that I might freely give it to others. Thank You that I can let the past go, that I can forgive, love, and move forward. Help me give others the space to be human and not disconnect from them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Jun 2023 07:25 #3040 by DrMike
Clothed with Power

Today's Scripture

Then the Spirit of the LORD clothed Gideon with power. Judges 6:34, NLT

In the Scripture, God chose a young man named Gideon to lead the Israeli army against the Midianites, but Gideon was afraid and hiding. When an angel came to him and said, “Mighty hero, the Lord is with you,” he was saying, “Gideon, come out from under the fear, the insecurity, the defeated mind-set that is stunting your growth.” In this destiny moment for Gideon, he made the decision to take a step of faith and believe he was who God said he was. When he did, God breathed on his life in a new way and empowered him with a courage he’d never felt. He went on to be a mighty hero and defeated the Midianites.

The enemy would love for you to live afraid, hiding with a defeated mind-set. This can be a destiny moment for you. God is saying, “Mighty hero, it’s time to step up to who you were created to be.” When you make that choice, God is going to empower your life. You’re going to see favor, courage, and opportunities like you’ve never experienced.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your calling upon my life and that You have an empowering of Your Spirit that enables me to do what I cannot do on my own and to accomplish my dreams. I declare that I am equipped and empowered to go where I’ve never been and do what I’ve never done. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds