Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

31 Jul 2023 07:43 #3061 by DrMike
Chickens, Turkeys, and Crows

Today's Scripture

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. Psalm 1:1, NLT

The only thing that’s holding some people back is who they’re spending time with. You can’t be passive when it comes to people polluting your life and poisoning your atmosphere. Life is too short for you to spend with negative, can’t-do-it, jealous, critical, small-minded people who are not moving forward. You’re an eagle, and you need some eagles in your life. You need some people who soar, people who are doing great things, people who have a great attitude. But here’s the key: You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging around chickens—people who have their head down, focused on what they can’t do. You can’t reach new levels hanging out with turkeys—people who compromise, take the easy way out, and are mediocre. You won’t see your greatness hanging around crows—people who complain, find fault, see the worst.

The less time you spend with some people the better off you’re going to be. You need to associate with other eagles, with people who inspire you to rise higher, not with people who drag you down.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the joy that always follows when I separate myself from anything that interferes with my relationship to You. Show me if there is anything that is holding me back. I look forward to the people You will bring into my life to inspire me to be my best. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2023 07:23 #3062 by DrMike
Real Joy

Today's Scripture

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy. 1 Peter 1:8, NIV

If the circumstances of life have taken away your joy, today is the day to get it back. You weren’t meant to live this life feeling drained, depressed, and down. God wants you to be renewed in your faith in Christ, to be filled with an inexpressible joy, and excited about your future every day.

If you don’t make the conscious effort to keep your joy, year after year you’ll get more and more solemn. You’ll get negative, discouraged, and sour. Not only will the enemy rob you of the joy that belongs to you, but he’ll rob your family and friends of the gift that you have to give them. When you have joy, you can use that joy to influence the people around you for good. The joy of the Lord is your strength, and when you choose to hold on to joy, you can offer strength to the people God has placed in your life. Keep believing in Jesus and keep giving God praise despite your circumstances, and you will enjoy your life to the fullest today.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that though I face challenges and obstacles today, I can still walk in the fullness of joy. Thank You that no matter what happens to me, You inhabit my praises with Your presence. I receive Your joy as my strength to rise up and overcome the tough times. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

02 Aug 2023 08:10 #3063 by DrMike
Possess Your Land

Today's Scripture

So Joshua said to the Israelites: “How long will you wait before you begin to take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your ancestors, has given you?” Joshua 18:3, NIV

God had promised to give the Israelites the land of Canaan, but they had to go in and possess the Promised Land. However, instead of taking their swords out and going in, knowing that God would give them the victory, they were afraid of the giants and fortified cities. When Joshua asked them, “How long will you wait?” he was saying that God would do His part, but they had to initiate the blessing, the favor, the victory.

Most of the time, God says to us, “I’ll give you the healing, restore your marriage, turn your child around, if you start to believe and speak My Word, which is sharper than a two-edged sword.” It’s a spiritual battle. Standing in faith and declaring His promises will part Red Seas, break addictions, defeat the sickness, and open doors you never dreamed would open. To possess your land, you have to go after what God put in your heart. You can’t be passive. You have to dream big, pray bold prayers, and expect His favor.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that You always lead me to triumph through Jesus. Thank You that I can take Your promises and keep my faith in agreement with You by believing and declaring that You will bring them to pass. I declare that I will not be passive. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Aug 2023 07:05 #3064 by DrMike
Boldness

Today's Scripture

The righteous are as bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1, NIV

When Nehemiah heard that the walls of Jerusalem were still torn down, he was working as the cupbearer for the king of Persia. He was living a thousand miles from Jerusalem. He had no resources and wasn’t a builder. He was normally quiet, reserved, and never made any waves, but he suddenly had this boldness, this passion to do something that he had never done. He had the courage to ask the king to authorize him to go and rebuild the walls as well as supply the timbers to do it, and the king did. God gave Nehemiah the strength, ability, and favor to complete those walls in just fifty-two days.

Don’t discount your future based on where you’re at today. Don’t think you’ll never do anything great. There are times when God gives you a dream and catapults you ahead. Suddenly you’ll have courage and boldness, suddenly you’ll have favor, suddenly the door will open, suddenly people are going to go out of their way to help you, and you’re going to accomplish what you never imagined was possible.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can come boldly before You, knowing that as Your child, as one of the righteous, this is my rightful place. Thank You that I don’t have to earn Your favor or be good enough to come into Your presence. I am coming to pray bold prayers and to dream bold dreams. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Aug 2023 06:41 #3065 by DrMike
Obey His Word

Today's Scripture

Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. John 2:7, NKJV

In John 2, when the good wine ran out at a wedding, Jesus told the staff to fill six large stone pots with water, which seemed odd. They needed wine not water. Sometimes God will ask you to do things you don’t understand. He has the best wine ready, but it’s dependent on your obedience to His word. Will you do what He’s asking you to do? It may be to forgive someone who did you wrong and hurt you. You think you have a right to be bitter, but that will keep you from the best wine. It may be to step out in faith when you don’t feel qualified to teach a class, to start a business, or to mentor a young person. Or maybe it’s to keep a good attitude when you’re being treated unfairly and let God be your vindicator. He can vindicate you better than you can vindicate yourself.

Keep doing what God asks you to do. Keep being good to people, keep giving, serving, and expecting. The best wine is coming.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I don’t have to understand everything You ask me to do. I just have to obey. Thank You that I can let go of every unfair thing and forgive quickly before bitterness can come in. I’m going to keep being good to others and expecting the best is coming. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Aug 2023 07:00 #3066 by DrMike
On the Verge of a Miracle

Today's Scripture

“As soon as the priests who carry the ark of the LORD—the Lord of all the earth—set foot in the Jordan, its waters flowing downstream will be cut off and stand up in a heap.” Joshua 3:13, NIV

When Joshua and the two million Israelites came to cross the Jordan River, it was in flood stage, over 150 feet wide, with violent currents rushing down from the melting snow on Mount Hermon. It looked impassable. The problem was too big. When the people wanted to turn around, Joshua told them, “Keep on walking.” As soon as the priests got their feet wet, as they obeyed God, the miracle happened and they were given entrance into the Promised Land.

You may be at the Jordan River right now. The problem in your health, or your finances, or your relationships is bigger than it’s ever been and you don’t see how it can work out. You’re tempted to quit believing. That’s a test. You’re on the verge of a miracle. You have to get your feet wet. If you keep walking, praying, and expecting, you’re going to see God open things up that you never dreamed would open, turn problems around you never dreamed would turn around. That Jordan River is setting you up for your promised land.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that You will part my Jordan Rivers when I step into the water. When things look impossible, I know that You want me to be bold and keep taking steps of obedience, to keep praying and expecting. I believe I’m going to see miracles along the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Aug 2023 06:10 #3067 by DrMike
Absolutely Convinced

Today's Scripture

Yet I am confident I will see the LORD’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13, NLT

In Psalm 27, David had all kinds of things coming against him. He had every opportunity to live defeated and discouraged. He said enemies were waiting to attack him, accusing him of things he’d never done. People were lying about him, being mean and violent. It seemed as though he was overwhelmed with trouble and adversity. But just when you thought he was defeated, he says, “Yet I am confident I will see the goodness of God.” He was saying, “All these negative things have come against me, but the one thing I am confident of is that God will deliver and vindicate me. I am confident I will see His favor.” He didn’t deny negative things were happening; he just didn’t let it get inside. He could have overflowed with self-pity and discouragement, but instead he turned it around and overflowed with hope. He said, “I am confident. I am absolutely convinced that I will see the goodness of God. Healing is coming. Breakthroughs are coming. Victory is coming.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my deliverer and vindicator when negative things come against me. Thank You for the absolute confidence I can have that if I keep moving forward in faith, I will see Your goodness. I believe that You will amaze me with Your goodness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Aug 2023 07:04 #3068 by DrMike
It’s in the Obedience

Today's Scripture

The master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. John 2:9, NIV

Many of the miracles Jesus performed required an act of obedience. When He turned water into wine, He told the staff at the wedding to fill up the large stone pots with water, which didn’t make sense. They could have said, “Jesus, we need wine, not water. What good is this going to do?” Without them filling the waterpots, without their obedience, there wouldn’t have been a miracle.

Is God asking you to step out in faith into a brand-new venture, to forgive someone who did you wrong, or to pray for others who need healing when you’re not feeling well? Is He asking you to fill pots with water when you need wine? It’s not so much what you’re doing; it’s the obedience. God sees your obedience. He sees you believing and stretching forward when you could be discouraged. When you prove to God that you’re going to do the right thing even when it’s hard, even when it doesn’t make sense, you’re going to see God do awesome things in your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are a miracle-working God. Thank You for calling me to be faithful and obedient when things aren’t changing and when I don’t understand. I believe that the wine is coming, that I am going to see You do something awesome. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Aug 2023 05:29 #3069 by DrMike
Be an Esau

Today's Scripture

Esau ran to meet Jacob and embraced him; he threw his arms around his neck and kissed him. And they wept. Genesis 33:4, NIV

As a boy, Joseph saw his uncle, Esau, forgive his father, Jacob, for stealing his birthright. After years of being estranged and angry, Esau’s very public forgiveness was an incredible act of kindness, an incredible show of mercy. Fast forward many years to the scene in Genesis 45 where Joseph, now the prime minister of Egypt, forgives his brothers for selling him into slavery and years in prison. He could have gotten revenge, but noticed what got passed down to him from Esau—mercy, forgiveness, and kindness. What made the difference was that Esau started a blessing and modeled love and forgiveness for his family, children, and his nephews.

You may have a good reason to live offended, angry, dysfunctional. It’s what you’ve seen modeled, or somebody did you wrong. You can be an Esau. You can set your family on a new course. The decisions you make will affect generations to come. It just needs someone to start a blessing, to start forgiveness, to start freedom, to start excellence. Why don’t you let that be you?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all of the times when You have loved me and forgiven me when I deserved neither. Help me to be forgiving, merciful, and kind to those who have done wrong to me. I want to start a blessing and be a model of Your love for my family. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Aug 2023 07:25 #3070 by DrMike
Do It Afraid

Today's Scripture

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7, NLT

What do you find often holds you back from being courageous enough to take the risk and step into God’s calling and purpose for your life? This takes a made-up mind that says, “I am not going to let fear, insecurity, what I don’t have, or what I don’t think I can do keep me in my limited environment. I’m going to stretch and make changes to follow the call. I’m not going to stay in my dysfunction, surrounded by dysfunctional friends.” Your destiny is too great to let fear of what people will think stop you.

Now don’t let comfort hold you back. The fear may still be there, but you have to act on your purpose, not on your fear. Fear will keep you from your destiny. Fear will keep you stuck. You may feel fear, but you have to do it afraid. As you step out, courage will come. Confidence will show up. The favor, the blessing, the healing—it’s waiting for you, not in your comfort, but in your calling.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gifts and talents You have given me and for Your calling on my life. Thank You that You have given me a spirit of power and courage to stretch and become all You created me to be. I declare that I will not let fear keep me in my comfort zone. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds