Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 Sep 2023 06:46 #3091 by DrMike
The Right Friends

Today's Scripture

Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33, NIV

It’s important who you’re spending time with – evaluate your friendships. Are they making you better, inspiring you, challenging you to go further? Or are they pulling you down, causing you to compromise, bringing out the worst in you? That’s corrupting your character. Spirits are transferable. You’re going to become like the people you hang around. If you’re around jealous people, you’re going to become jealous. If your friends don’t have what you want, if they don’t have a good attitude, if they’re not faithful and trustworthy, you need to make a change. Life is short, and you don’t have time to waste with people who are not adding to your life. Yes, we need to help others come up higher, but you need friends who help you come up higher.

If you’ll quit spending time with the wrong people, God will bring you the right people and your life will go to a new level. He’ll bring divine connections, people who will come into agreement with you, people who will thrust you forward and help you reach your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the important role that friends play in my life. Help me to be bold to evaluate and change who I’m spending time with and make sure that my friends are people of faith who challenge and inspire me. I look forward to the divine connections You have for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2023 07:57 #3092 by DrMike
Truly Amazing

Today's Scripture

No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39, NLT

Oftentimes, when we make a mistake or feel that we have disappointed God, we think we have to stay away from Him until we get our act together, so to speak. But the Scripture says nothing can ever separate you from the love of God. His love is truly amazing and everlasting. It goes beyond any human love we could ever know. There’s nothing we can do to make Him love us more and nothing we can do to make Him love us any less. He loves us, not based on our performance, but on our relationship as His children. He’s always there with open arms ready to receive you and make you new.

Today, if there is anything in your life that is keeping you from receiving His love, set those things aside. Remember, God’s not mad at you; He’s madly in love with you. Let His love transform you into the person God created you to be. Come to Him with an open heart and receive His love and enjoy the blessings He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your love is so amazing that nothing can separate me from it because nothing can separate me from You. Thank You that You don’t condition Your love based upon my performance. I receive Your love today and invite You to make me new. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

26 Sep 2023 06:12 #3093 by DrMike
Dare to Arise

Today's Scripture

“I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you.’” Luke 15:18, NKJV

The prodigal son had taken his father’s inheritance and wasted it all on wild living. When he was finally destitute, feeding hogs, he made a decision that changed the course of his life. He was saying, “Yes, I brought this trouble on myself, but I’m not going to sit around condemned. I’m going to arise and go to my father’s house.”

You may have made poor choices. Perhaps you’re not where you thought you would be in life. The accusing voices are telling you, “You’ve blown it too badly. You’ll never reach your dreams.” No, you are one decision away from seeing God show out in your life. The plan He has for you was not cancelled because you took a detour through the hog pen. Those decisions didn’t disqualify you from His favor. All you have to do is arise, shake off the guilt, and go back to your Father. Start making decisions that honor God. Break away from things that are causing you to compromise. God has amazing things in your future if you dare to arise.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your mercy is bigger than my mistakes. Thank You that You are not holding my past against me. Thank You that I am forgiven. Thank You that I’m redeemed because of what Jesus did on the cross. I’m coming boldly to Your house right now. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Sep 2023 06:40 #3094 by DrMike
Be the Best You Can Be

Today's Scripture

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10, NIV

It’s easy for us to go into the proving mode, trying to outperform someone else, feeling less-than because you’re not like that person. All that’s going to do is wear you out and take your joy. You’re trying to prove something that you don’t have to prove. You’ve entered a race that you’re not competing in. Walk in your anointing. You already have God’s approval; you just need to walk in it. When God made you, He threw away the mold. He stepped back and said, “Look, another masterpiece.” You don’t have to keep up with other people. If you’re getting your value out of how you measure up to your peers, you’re going to live in this proving mode of working harder, trying to impress, and that’s a never-ending cycle. Get off that treadmill. You don’t have to be more popular than your friend, more athletic than your brother, or more successful than your cousin. That’s not your race. You’re not competing with them; you’re competing with yourself. Be the best you that you can be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can come to You for all the approval and love that I need to live securely. Thank You that You call me a masterpiece and that I have no reason to prove my worth to anyone. I’m going to be the best I can be by Your grace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Sep 2023 08:08 - 28 Sep 2023 08:09 #3095 by DrMike
The Wilderness

Today's Scripture

He found him out in the wilderness, in an empty, windswept wasteland. He threw his arms around him, lavished attention on him, guarding him as the apple of his eye. Deuteronomy 32:10, MSG

The “wilderness” represents barrenness, no growth, a wasteland in our lives. You’re doing the right thing, but your business is not increasing, your marriage is not getting better, your health is not improving, you were passed over for another promotion. You’re in the wilderness. You feel stuck, restricted by your environment. In those dry places, you could be discouraged, thinking it will never change. No, get ready. God knows where you are. He’s watching you in the lonely nights, the times you were betrayed, those days when you felt like giving up, but you kept going. You were hurting, the pain was real, but you didn’t let it stop you. He’s about to come and throw His arms around you and lavish His grace upon you. You’re going to see increase that you can’t explain, favor that you didn’t deserve, healing that doesn’t make sense, freedom from things that have held you back. Now get in agreement with God. “Lord, I receive it into my spirit. Amaze me with Your goodness. Make me the apple of Your eye.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me so much that at times You take me into a wilderness place to show me who You are. Thank You that no matter where I go or what I go through, You find me, wrap Your arms around me, and lavish Your grace upon me. I believe I am the apple of Your eye. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and, with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests: last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, and no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

29 Sep 2023 04:16 #3096 by DrMike
Who Are You?

Today's Scripture

Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?” John 1:22, NIV

Imagine someone asking you what the Jewish priests asked John the Baptist, “Who do you say you are?” What kind of answer would you have? John’s response was to quote the words of Isaiah, “I am a voice shouting in the wilderness, prepare the way for the Lord.” Rather than say what he felt or what other people were saying about him, John said what God said about him. Is that how you would respond?

Why don’t you start saying what God says about you? “I’m talented. I’m successful. I’m prosperous. I’m free. I’m valuable. I’m a masterpiece.” What you say about yourself is going to become a reality. What you say gives it the right to come to pass. Now quit saying negative things about yourself. “I’m so undisciplined. I’ll never get out of this neighborhood. I’ll never break this addiction.” You’re going to become what you believe. You don’t have to feel it, you just have to believe it. If you believe it long enough, you’ll not only feel it, but you’ll see it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You alone have the right to define who I am because I am Yours. Thank You that You call me blessed, redeemed, forgiven, healthy, overcomer, and a masterpiece. I will call myself what You call me and become who You say I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Oct 2023 06:46 #3097 by DrMike
No Condemnation

Today's Scripture

“For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth—the one who accuses them before our God day and night.” Revelation 12:10, NLT

A lot of people are down on themselves because of things they’ve done wrong. They’re so focused on their past that it poisons their future. We have all sinned and made mistakes, but don’t let guilt stunt your growth. Come out from under that condemnation. Quit thinking about all the things you’ve done wrong, living in regrets. When you live guilty, you’re in agreement with the enemy, the accuser. He’d love for you to go through life feeling wrong about yourself. He’s trying to stunt your growth. He’ll do his best to keep you in condemnation. He knows your potential. He knows you were created to soar, which is why he works overtime trying to make you feel guilty, whispering, “You don’t measure up. You failed again. You’ll never be free.” There’s always some reason to be down on yourself. You have to declare, “No, thanks. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. I’m forgiven. I’m redeemed. My past is over, my present is secure, and my future is bright.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am forgiven and redeemed by the blood of Your Son. Thank You that the price for my sins has been paid once and for all. I receive Your love and forgiveness and refuse to live under guilt and condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Oct 2023 04:22 #3098 by DrMike
Don't Be Surprised

Today’s Scripture

"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed..." (1 Peter 4:12-13, NIV)

When something is toxic, it’s poisonous; it can destroy you. When we go around dwelling on the wrong thoughts, thinking about what we can’t do or how we’ll never get ahead, those are toxic thoughts. Toxic thoughts left alone become like toxic waste that sinks into your heart. It will eventually contaminate your whole life. It affects your self-image, your attitude, your confidence, and ultimately, your success. That’s why the Scripture says to guard your heart because the condition of your heart and mind determines the condition of your whole life.

You need to go through a mental cleansing. Make the decision today to detox any negative, self-defeating thoughts by meditating on God’s promises instead. Make the decision to detox bitterness, detox low self-esteem, detox negative words that may have been spoken over you, detox condemnation. Make the decision to dwell on what God says about you. God says, “You are forgiven.” God says, “Your best days are in front of you.” God says, “I’ll restore the years that the enemy has stolen.” As you detox your mind and fill your thoughts with His promises, you’ll see His hand of blessing on your life. You’ll rise up higher, and you’ll live the abundant life He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I invite You to purify my heart and mind by Your Spirit today. Wash me with the Word as I meditate on Your wonderful promises. Help me keep my mind focused on You. In Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

04 Oct 2023 06:38 #3099 by DrMike
He Holds Your Destiny

Today’s Scripture

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way…" (Psalm 37:23, NKJV)

Oftentimes, people who aren’t fulfilling their destiny will try to discourage you from fulfilling yours. They may not do it intentionally, but they’ll tell you what you can’t do and how things won’t work out. They’re quick to remind you of all your impossibilities. Your relatives, coworkers and friends may try to talk you out of your dream, but that’s because God didn’t put that promise inside them; He put it inside you! You have to remember that other people don’t determine your destiny, God does. He holds your destiny in the palms of His hands. If you will keep believing, God will not only bring it to pass, He will do more than you can ask or think. Friend, don’t let someone else’s unbelief keep you from believing. Don’t let other people talk you out of your dreams. It’s time to get into agreement with God. He says you are well able. He says you are equipped. He says you are qualified. He says you are anointed, called and appointed to fulfill every dream and desire He’s placed within you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I trust that You are leading and guiding me today. I trust that You hold my future. I choose to tune out the discouraging voices and tune into Your Word. Fill me with Your peace and joy as You direct my steps in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

05 Oct 2023 07:31 #3100 by DrMike
He Will Multiply You

Today’s Scripture

"And I will make My covenant (solemn pledge) between Me and you and will multiply you exceedingly…" (Genesis 17:2, AMPC)

God is in the multiplication business. It doesn’t matter what your need is today, God wants to increase you! One time in the Old Testament, God simply multiplied the sound of four men’s footsteps and caused them to sound like a mighty army. When their enemies heard them coming, they took off running. There were thousands of enemy troops running for their lives, scared to death, thinking they were being attacked by a massive army when, in fact, it was just four people!

Friend, God can make you seem bigger than you really are. He can make you look more powerful. He knows how to multiply your influence, your strength, your talent and your income. You don’t have to figure it all out. All you have to do is put your trust in Him. If you will release your faith and get up every day expecting God’s far and beyond favor, you’re going to see God multiply you in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for Your promise to bless and multiply me. Direct my steps, keep me close to You as I increase in You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.801 seconds