Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 Oct 2023 04:20 #3101 by DrMike
Power of Believing

Today's Scripture

I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. Ephesians 1:19, NLT

One of the greatest abilities God has given each of us is our ability to believe. The apostle Paul prayed that we would understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe. Notice the power is activated only when we believe. That means right now the Creator of the universe is just waiting to release healing, restoration, favor, promotion, and abundance. The only catch is that we have to believe.

It’s not complicated. God didn’t say, “If you will pray three hours a day, I’ll do it for you.” No, He said, “If you believe.” If you believe, you can be successful. If you believe, you can overcome mistakes of the past. If you believe, you can fulfill your God-given destiny. When you believe, you have the Almighty God fighting your battles, arranging things in your favor, going before you, moving the wrong people out of the way. You couldn’t have made it happen in your own strength, but because you are a believer, the surpassing greatness of God’s power is at work in your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the incredible greatness of Your power that I can activate by faith. When You put a promise in my heart that seems impossible, I want to learn to respond with three simple words, ‘Lord, I believe.’ I believe and declare that I am going to see Your goodness in amazing ways. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Oct 2023 06:41 #3102 by DrMike
Esteem

Today's Scripture

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Philippians 2:3, NKJV

We don’t hear the word “esteem” very much today, but the Scripture tells us to esteem one another. To esteem means “to hold in high regard, to honor and value,” even if you don’t always agree with them. Sometimes people think, “That person doesn’t act honorably, so why should I honor them?” But the truth is, we are to honor and esteem people because they are valuable in the eyes of God.

If you had a very valuable piece of jewelry, you wouldn’t wear it to the gym or leave it at the office. No, you would treat it carefully. You would put it in a safe place and protect it. It’s the same way with people. When we see others as valuable the way God sees them, we treat them carefully. We speak respectfully. We look for the good in others and honor them for who God made them to be. Choose to esteem and delight in one another. Sow good seeds into your relationships and see a harvest of blessing in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the people You have brought into my life. Thank You that every one of them is created in Your image and of immeasurable value. Help me to esteem people and love them like You do through my actions and my words. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

10 Oct 2023 06:20 #3103 by DrMike
Let It Go

Today's Scripture

He said to His disciples, “Offenses will certainly come.” Luke 17:1, HCSB

We all go through disappointments, betrayals, and unfair situations. It’s easy to hold on to the hurts, think about what someone said, relive the offense. We don’t realize how much that’s souring our attitude, draining our energy, and limiting our creativity. If you’re going to fulfill your destiny, you have to get good at letting things go. Jesus said that offenses will certainly come, not just might come. How you deal with offenses will determine whether you move forward and see the new things God has in store or whether you get stuck in bitterness.

Many people are living out of a wounded place over how they were raised, or a friend who walked away, or a business partner who cheated them. Instead of letting the hurt go, they relive it over and over. Then they wonder why they don’t have good relationships. It’s because they haven’t healed. Until you get well, that wound will hinder you wherever you go. When you let it go and forgive, you can see beauty for the ashes, healing, and freedom.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can guard my heart and let go of all the hurts and disappointments that have come my way. Thank You that You bring healing to my wounded places and beauty for ashes. I declare that I will not allow offenses to get inside and make me bitter. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Oct 2023 06:22 #3104 by DrMike
Strength to Withstand

Today's Scripture

Although she pursued him day after day, Joseph would not consent to sleep with her and refused to be alone with her. Genesis 39:10, VOICE

After being thrown in a pit and then sold into slavery by his brothers, Joseph could have been bitter and angry, but he kept doing the right thing. How could he keep a good attitude after all the negative things that happened to him? When his owner’s wife tried to seduce him, Joseph could have thought, “I have nothing to lose. It’s not going to hurt anything. What difference does it make? Just do it.” He could have let his guard down and compromised, but Joseph stayed faithful, loyal, and committed. Where did he get the strength to withstand the temptation? Where do you get the strength?

The Scripture says that God will not let you face anything that you can’t handle and that He will provide a way of escape. It is God giving you the grace and enabling power to say no and walk away from the temptation. Tap into more of that can-do power. Start declaring, “I can handle this. I can do all things through Christ. I am strong in the Lord.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise of a way of escape to any temptation I face. Help me guard my mind and heart, to dwell on Your thoughts, and to be strong to resist temptation and compromise. I declare that I can do all things through Christ. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Oct 2023 06:53 #3105 by DrMike
Come Boldly

Today’s Scripture

“…So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most...” (Hebrews 4:16, NLT)

Many people are trying to earn God’s goodness, trying to be good enough, trying to work hard enough, thinking that then maybe they’ll deserve God’s blessings. That’s a slave mentality. You don’t have to earn God’s love. You don’t have to work for His approval. You don’t have to pay God back for your mistakes. The Scripture tells us to come boldly to the throne of grace, not as a servant saying, “God, I know I don’t deserve it.” If you want to put a smile on God’s face, go to Him with boldness, go to Him like you know He’s pleased with you, like you know you have a right to be there as a son, like you know He wants to be good to you. Ask Him for your dreams. Pray bold prayers. You’re not inconveniencing Him. Jesus says, “It is the Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” God is longing to be good to you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can come boldly before You, knowing that as Your child, this is my rightful place. Thank You that I don’t have to earn Your favor or be good enough to come into Your presence. I am coming to pray bold prayers and to dream bold dreams. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

13 Oct 2023 07:18 #3106 by DrMike
Rivers in the Desert

Today's Scripture

“Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:19, NKJV

The Israelites were not only being held in captivity in Babylon, but all around them was the desert. Even if they escaped, they couldn’t survive the journey home. But God explained the new thing He was doing for them. He was going to make a road to get them through and make rivers in the desert to give them drink. He was saying, “You can’t figure this new thing out because it’s not going to be natural; it’s going to be supernatural.”

God knows how to bring you out of captivity—struggle, lack, addictions, bad breaks. It’s going to be supernatural. You’re going to see abundance where there had been barrenness. Don’t limit this new thing to what you think can happen. “If I can just learn to live with this sickness…” No, God is going to free you from the sickness. “If I can just pay my bills…” God’s going to bring you into overflow. You may not see how. That’s okay. It’s not up to you. It’s up to the God who makes rivers in the desert.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are not limited by deserts, or for the right conditions to be in place, in order for You to do what You want. Thank You that You’re always doing new things for me. I want Your stream of grace to flow unhindered in and through my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Oct 2023 07:04 #3107 by DrMike
He Reaches Down

Today's Scripture

“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked. “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. Acts 9:5, NIV

Saul was the worst persecutor of the early church. He went around having believers arrested and put in prison. He seemed to be unredeemable, but God loves to take people who look too far gone and bring them into their purpose and destiny. God came down and revealed Himself to Saul on the road to Damascus, calling him in grace to come to faith. Saul became the apostle Paul and went on to write nearly half the books of the New Testament.

God is saying to us, “I love you too much to let you miss the purpose that I created for you. I sit enthroned on high, but I’m reaching down to get you into your calling.” He will go to great lengths to bring you into your destiny. You may feel as though you’ve missed it, but we serve a God who reaches down to redeem, to restore, to set you up as His chosen vessel. He’s not going to just bring you out. He’s going to promote you, give you influence, and cause you to shine.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and for never writing me off when I’ve been off course and failed. Thank You that You saw a chosen vessel in Saul when he was persecuting the church, and You’re going to use me as Your instrument as well. I believe You are bringing me into my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Oct 2023 06:16 #3108 by DrMike
A Healthy Soul

Today's Scripture

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 John 2, NKJV

We spend a lot of time and energy taking care of our physical body. We want to feel good. But we don’t spend enough time taking care of our soul. We don’t realize how much our emotions, our attitudes, and our thoughts are affecting us physically.

I want to encourage you today to pay attention to your inner life. It’s easy to adapt to things that are poisoning us, and we don’t realize it. We end up going through life just treating the symptoms. If we get to the root cause and get our soul healthy, we can have good health and good success.

We need to ask ourselves: Am I making myself sick? Am I sabotaging my relationships? Am I limiting my potential, holding myself down because my soul is unhealthy?

The writer of the book of Hebrews says, “See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many” (12:15, NIV). It describes bitterness as a root. You can’t see a root because it’s underground. But if you let it grow, it’s going to spring forth. Bitter roots produce bitter fruit. What’s inside will show up on the outside. Often, we only try to fix the fruit, but the fruit is not the problem. We need to deal with more than just symptoms. We need to go to the source and get rid of the root.

Proverbs 4:23 says, “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life” (NLT). One of our main responsibilities is to keep the toxins out. Keep those roots from springing up. Offenses are going to come. Cranky coworkers will come. You can’t stop disappointments, hurts, jealousy, and anger from coming. The question is, are you going to let them take root, get down in your spirit, contaminate your joy, steal your peace, take your energy, and open you up to sickness, trouble, and defeat? No, keep your soul healthy. You have to be an active gardener. Pull up those roots. Pull up the unforgiveness. Pull up the insecurity. Pull up the guilt and condemnation. Don’t let your soul become poisoned. If your soul is bitter, your life will be bitter. If your emotional well-being is contaminated, it’s going to affect your physical well-being.

Reflection

What caught your attention in this reflection on A Healthy Soul? Is there anything you’ve not considered before? What can you do differently to keep/get your soul healthy?

Declaration

Today, I declare that I will be honest with myself and get my soul healthy. I will turn everything over to God, getting rid of anything that is holding me back. I declare that I am digging up roots of bitterness and releasing all worry, anger, hurt, and disappointment. I will trust in God to transform me and create in me a clean heart. I declare that as my soul prospers, strength, health, and new opportunities are coming.

Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come before You today with a humble heart, ready to open my soul to Your healing touch. I acknowledge the need to be truthful with myself and pay attention to my inner life. In this moment, I surrender every burden and obstacle I’m facing. I’m turning them over to You in faith. I declare that I am uprooting bitterness and releasing all the worry, the anger, the hurt, the disappointments that are weighing me down. I choose to put my trust in You, Lord, knowing that You have the power to transform me from the inside out. Please cleanse my heart, help me to forgive, and fill me with Your peace, joy, favor, and protection. As my soul prospers under Your guidance, I believe that strength, good health, and fresh opportunities are on the way. Thank You for loving me and for hearing my prayer. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

18 Oct 2023 06:40 #3109 by DrMike
The Master Potter

Today's Scripture

“O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand.” Jeremiah 18:6, NLT

Everything about you may say you’re ordinary. You feel average. “You can’t start a business. You can’t break the addiction. No one in your family is successful.” On your own, that might be true. The good news is that your Heavenly Father is a master potter. He knows how to shape and mold you into all He wants you to be. He’s going to put in you a strength, a determination, a stamina that you’ve never felt. He’s going to shape in you a new boldness, a greater confidence, and a courage to step out and do things you’ve never done. You’re going to have more creativity, more wisdom, great ideas, and great favor. It’s going to happen faster than you think. You may feel stuck, but get ready. You are God’s handiwork, and a change is coming. You’re going to get well sooner, come out of debt quicker, accomplish that goal easier. What He works into your life and character will enable you to go where you can’t go on your own, to accomplish what seems impossible.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life is in Your hands and You are shaping it like a potter shapes clay—not just my dreams and goals, but my character. Thank You for all that You are putting into my life and for how You’re making it into Your image. I trust You whether I’m seeing change or not. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Oct 2023 07:01 #3110 by DrMike
Closer Than You Think

Today's Scripture

The LORD rewarded me for doing right. He has seen my innocence. Psalm 18:24, NLT

In Psalm 18, David says that God rescued him from powerful enemies “in the day of my disaster” because he kept doing the right thing when it was hard. God sees when you’ve been good to people who aren’t good to you, when you stay on the high road instead of paying people back. God is saying, “I’m about to settle your account. I’m about to vindicate you, promote you, and suddenly turn things around.” You won’t see it coming, but suddenly He’s going to thrust you to a new level, thrust you to abundance, thrust you into greater influence, honor, opportunity. You’re going to come out with much more than those who try to stop you.

You are closer to your payback than you think. Don’t get tired of doing the right thing. Your due season is coming. The unfair situation, the bad break, or the people who left you out never go unnoticed. God sees your innocence, your faithfulness. When God pays you back, it will be more than you can imagine.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are a God of justice who rescues and vindicates me. Thank You that the time comes when You say it’s payback time, and You will settle my accounts. I’m going to keep doing the right thing and believing that things are about to turn around. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.211 seconds