Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Nov 2023 07:38 #3121 by DrMike
Be Deaf to Unbelief

Today's Scripture

What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? Romans 3:3, NASB

Sometimes we’re longing for a family member to believe in us and cheer us on or for a friend to encourage us, but it’s just the opposite. There will be people who are close to you who don’t think you can accomplish what God put in your heart. You have to say as Paul did, “So what if they don’t believe? I love them, but I’m going to be deaf to their unbelief.” These are tests we have to pass. You don’t need them to believe in you. Be respectful, but be deaf to their unbelief. The quicker you get rid of it, the better you’ll be. If you dwell on it, it will become a lie that infects your thinking. You can’t play defeat in your mind and have victory. You can’t think sickness and have health. You can’t dwell on thoughts of lack and have abundance. The way you keep the infection out is by dwelling on what God says about you: “You are strong, talented, and valuable. Your future is bright. Your dreams are on the way.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can take control of my thought life and stop allowing negative thoughts to enter. Thank You that I can be deaf to the unbelief that comes my way from the people in my life. Help me to be respectful, but help me to get rid of any lies before they infect my thinking. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2023 06:43 #3122 by DrMike
Stay Positive Toward Yourself

Today's Scripture

He has reconciled you to Himself through the death of Christ in His physical body. As a result, He has brought you into His own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before Him without a single fault. But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News . . . Colossians 1:22–23, NLT

Jesus said, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:37-40, NIV). You can’t love others if you don’t first love yourself. The best thing you can do for your family and friends is to be good to you, be kind to you, be merciful to you, be forgiving to you, be loving to you. You’re good to others, so why aren’t you good to you? You don’t criticize your friend, so why are you criticizing you? You compliment your coworker, so when was the last time you complimented yourself? You admire other people’s talents, so why don’t you admire your talents? Start being good to you. That’s not being selfish or arrogant; that’s loving yourself.

Too many people go through life being against themselves, feeling as though something’s wrong inside. I heard someone say, “I discovered the enemy. It was me.” Are you your enemy? Are you defeating yourself, limiting your dreams, sabotaging your relationships—all because you don’t like yourself? You have enough people and circumstances against you, so don’t be against yourself.

When you wake up in the morning, don’t lie in bed and think of everything you feel is wrong with you or what you don’t like about your looks. You don’t need to relive your mistakes. Why didn’t I finish college? I should have been more disciplined. I lost my temper yesterday. Those are toxic thoughts that will drain your strength, your energy, and your enthusiasm. Instead of focusing on what you think is wrong with you, start focusing on what’s right with you. You have weaknesses, you’ve made mistakes—we all have—but there’s a lot more right with you than there is wrong with you. Dwelling on the negative doesn’t help you do better. Beating yourself up for past mistakes doesn’t move you forward. The better you feel about yourself, the better you’ll do. The more you like yourself, the further you’ll go.

Reflection

What stands out to you in Joel’s encouragement to Stay Positive Toward Yourself? In what area(s) of your life do you need to be kinder, more loving, and more compassionate to yourself?

Declaration

Today, I declare that because of Jesus, I am holy, blameless, and without fault. I will love myself so that I can love others the way God intends. I declare that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. The Creator of the universe breathed life into me, and He is still changing me. I declare that God has entrusted me with gifts and talents, and I will fulfill His purpose for my life.

Prayer

Dear Lord, Thank You for Your incredible love, forgiveness, and compassion. I humbly ask for Your mercy to guide me to a place of self-compassion where I can forgive myself as You have so generously forgiven me. Help me to be at peace with myself so that I can nurture peace with my loved ones. I seek Your divine wisdom, Lord, to see myself as You see me. Let me remember that through Jesus, I am free, forgiven, and favored in Your eyes. Show me how to appreciate myself as the masterpiece You say I am, reminding me of the distinctive gifts and talents that You’ve given me. As I cultivate greater love and appreciation for all that You made me to be, guide me to share that love with others, living out the divine purpose You have planned for my life. In the powerful Name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

16 Nov 2023 06:32 #3123 by DrMike
Let Go of Control

Today's Scripture

Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22, NIV

One of the best things I’ve learned is to trust God’s timing and His ways. What God promised will come to pass. But it may not happen the way you think, and it may not be when you had planned. If you’re trying to control the outcome and the time frame, you’re going to live worried. You have to release control. You have to let go of having to have it happen your way.

God already has what’s upsetting you figured out. He knows the end from the beginning. But here’s the key: He doesn’t give you the details. If you knew how everything was going to work out, it wouldn’t take faith. If He told you, “Three months from now, a big door is going to open. It may look as though you’re going backward, but there’s a shortcut that’s going to put you ahead,” you would relax and say, “Okay, it’s all going to work out.” Why don’t you do that now? God has it all planned out. He’s doing things you can’t see. There are good breaks coming. The healing, the favor, and the right people are already on your schedule. If you release control of what is troubling you, you can enjoy your life while you’re waiting for things to change. What’s upsetting you? What’s keeping you awake at night? God is saying, “Release it to Me. I’m in control. I’m ordering your steps. I’m working behind the scenes. It may not be good yet, but I’m going to turn it for your good.”

Once you’ve believed, you don’t have to figure everything out. If you don’t see anything changing, you’ll be tempted to worry, but stay at rest. When you’re at rest, you’re showing God that you trust Him. Maybe you’re believing for your health to improve, but the medical report is not getting better. You thought it would have happened by now. You could be worried and complaining, but instead you’re thanking God, you’re declaring His promises, you’re being your best each day. When you’re at rest, you’re in faith. That’s what allows God to work.

But if you’re upset over what’s not changing, worried about your finances, and can’t sleep because your child is off course, that’s a sign that you’ve stopped believing. You need to enter into rest. Come back to a place of peace. You can’t trust God and be worried at the same time. When you’re at rest, you know that God is in control. You know that all things are going to work for your good, and you know that what He started, He’s going to finish. When you’re at rest, you’re not stressed out, and you feel restored and revitalized.

Reflection

What are you waiting for God to do in your life? How does the principle of Letting Go of Control help you in the waiting?

Are you carrying burdens on your heart today? Give them to God as you write them down and, in faith, let His peace and protection surround you.

Declaration

Today, I declare that I am releasing control of my life to God, trusting His timing, trusting His ways, and trusting that what He started, He is going to finish. I declare that I will enter into a place of peace and rest, knowing that God will sustain me in every storm and that even now He is shifting the winds to move me forward. I declare that the fullness of my destiny is coming, and it won’t be one second late.

Prayer

Lord, I trust in Your divine timing and plan. Even when my path seems winding and unclear, I know You’re steering my life with purpose. As I face detours and delays, let me remember that these are not setbacks but setups for a bigger blessing You have prepared for me. When doors seem closed and I can’t discern Your hand at work, I remain hopeful, knowing You work behind the scenes in ways beyond my comprehension. I embrace where I am because I believe it is where You want me to be. Thank You, Lord, for the set times of favor, healing, and turnaround You have designated for me. I realize that if it hasn’t happened yet, it’s not my time. Help me not to fight but to trust, knowing that my breakthrough is coming right on schedule. God, I rejoice in Your promises and look forward to the day when Your bigger, more rewarding blessings unfold in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

17 Nov 2023 07:22 #3124 by DrMike
Under Attack

Today's Scripture

Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies. Psalm 60:12, NKJV

It’s easy to feel discouraged when you feel you’re under attack, when the odds are against you, when you don’t feel equipped for what you’re facing. “Under attack” is the wrong perspective. You’re not under attack; you’re in a battle. Under attack implies, “I’m not strong enough. I’m outnumbered.” Both are false. You and God are a majority. You have the most powerful force in the universe on your side. But a mind-set that says you’re shortchanged or at a disadvantage is not going to move you forward. The reason you have challenges is because there’s something amazing in front of you. The enemy wouldn’t be fighting you if you didn’t have greatness in you. He’s trying to keep you from taking new ground for the kingdom. Don’t fall apart. Get your sword out and start praising God, start declaring His Word, start speaking His promises. “What was meant for my harm, God is turning to my advantage. What He started in my life, He’s going to finish. With God I will do valiantly.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am not on my own, I am not weak, and I am equipped for whatever I am facing. Because You are with me, I know that I will do valiantly, break through the barriers of the past, and take new ground for the kingdom. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Nov 2023 07:03 #3125 by DrMike
Grace Comes

Today's Scripture

…and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Romans 3:24, NIV

If anyone understood the meaning of the grace of God, it was the Apostle Paul. Even though he was the biggest enemy of the early church, Paul says “the grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly” with forgiveness and a call into God’s service. In today’s Scripture, the word Paul uses for “freely” in the original language is “promiscuous,” which means that God’s grace will go to anyone. If someone is promiscuous, they’re unrestrained. That’s the way God’s grace is. It’s not looking for perfect people. You can be struggling with an addiction, and grace will come looking for you. You can be working in the wrong type of place, and grace will come knocking at your door. You can be dishonest and manipulative, and grace will show up at your house. You can be discouraged, thinking you’ve messed up too many times, you’ve brought your troubles on yourself, and grace still comes. You can’t get so low that God won’t stoop down. His grace is unrestrained for you today. It doesn’t have limitations.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I have been freely justified by Jesus’ redemption and that Your grace is abounding in me. Thank You that the power of Your grace has the same transforming effect in me as it did in the Apostle Paul. I believe that Your grace has no limits. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Nov 2023 06:48 #3126 by DrMike
A Child of God

Today's Scripture

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1, NIV

Who told you that you can’t accomplish your dreams? Who told you that you’re less-than, not good enough, not smart enough? Who told you that you can’t be happy? Who says you’ve had too many bad breaks, that the obstacles are too big? That may be true if you were average or ordinary, but I know something about you. Your Father in heaven loves you with a great love. You have royal blood flowing through your veins. You have the spiritual DNA of Almighty God. You are wearing a crown of favor. You’re the King’s son, the King’s daughter.

Maybe you’ve had some bad breaks, you’ve been overlooked or pushed down, but have the right perspective: You’re a child of the King, and it’s time for you to reign. You haven’t made too many mistakes. Your obstacles are not too big. Get your passion back. Get your fire back. You wouldn’t be reading this if God wasn’t about to do something unusual, something unprecedented. You’re on the verge of seeing favor that you’ve never seen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being my Father and loving me with a great love. Help me to quit believing the lies that say I’m less-than or that I can’t overcome something. I believe and declare that I am a child of the Most High God and that I’m going to reign over what has reigned over me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Nov 2023 06:52 #3127 by DrMike
One Good Break

Today's Scripture

“You are to purposely slip out for her some grain from the bundles and leave it so that she may glean.” Ruth 2:16, NASB

Ruth was a young widow whose dreams were shattered, living in lack and poverty and trying to provide for her elderly mother-in-law. To survive, every morning she went into the fields to pick up the grain that the harvesters missed. But one day Boaz, the owner of the field, told his workers to purposely leave grain for Ruth. With that one good break, she had more than she needed, and her life became so much easier. Then Boaz fell in love and married Ruth, and she went from working the field to owning the field.

God is working behind the scenes in your life, speaking to the people you need to flourish in a time of setback and loss, lining up the breaks you need to make your life easier. He’s already arranged the good breaks, the promotion, the healing, the favor. Get ready for what He’s about to do. He’s not going to just make the hard places easier, but He’s going to cause you to flourish despite what you’ve been through.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know every hardship and difficult situation I have faced and will face. I choose to believe that You have more blessings and favor for me than I can dream. I believe that You are working behind the scenes to bring it all together. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Dec 2023 06:04 #3128 by DrMike
Be a Stander

Today's Scripture

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13, NIV

God is not necessarily looking for people who have great faith, but for people who simply stand with an attitude of faith. People who stand when the problem is not turning around, stand when your heart is breaking, stand when the bottom falls out—not bitter, not discouraged. God never said we wouldn’t have times of trouble. But He did promise that if you just stand, He’ll bring you out. He’ll defeat your enemies. He’ll give you beauty for ashes. He has joy coming in the morning. Don’t let those times of testing cause you to think that God is not for you.

The enemy cannot defeat a stander. He can’t defeat you when you stand in praise even when things are not working out. You stand in excellence and keep being your best in the middle of the trouble. You stand unmoved by what you’re up against, stand with your eyes on God, knowing that He has the final say, that He’s working behind the scenes, that what He promised you will come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that You will work out Your plans for my life. Help me to stand firm in my faith in the times when nothing seems to make sense. You have never failed me in the past, and I know You’re not going to fail me in the future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Dec 2023 06:30 #3129 by DrMike
Trouble Can’t Find You

Today's Scripture

For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. Psalm 27:5, NKJV

We all have things that come against us—an illness, the loss of a client, people who don’t like us. It’s easy to live worried, wondering how it’s going to turn out. But David writes that in the time of trouble God will hide us. It doesn’t say we won’t have trouble. Difficulties may come, but God’s promise is that He’s going to hide us. He’s going to make you invisible to the enemy.

You don’t know how many times trouble has come, but it couldn’t find you. Sickness had your name on it, but when it showed up, you were invisible. That accident was sent to take you out, but when it arrived, you were nowhere to be found. You didn’t know anything about it. You were just going about your day, being your best, and forces that should have stopped you, troubles that should have defeated you and caused you great heartache, didn’t have any effect on you. Why? You were invisible to the enemy.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise of protecting me when troubles come. Thank You that I am invisible to the enemy. Thank You that my children, my health, my finances, my marriage, and my dreams are all invisible to the enemy. I will live from a place of peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Dec 2023 06:44 #3130 by DrMike
Set Your Life Direction

Today's Scripture

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it and indulge it will eat its fruit and bear the consequences of their words. Proverbs 18:21, AMP

Did you know that the words you speak today are setting the direction for your life? If you want to know what you’re going to be like five years from now, listen to what you’re saying about yourself. “I’ll never get well. I’ll never break this addiction. I’ll never recover from this setback.” You’re prophesying your future. You can’t speak defeat and have victory. You can’t talk sickness and have health. You can’t speak lack and have abundance.

Pay attention to what you’re saying about yourself, your family, your finances, and your health. You’re going to become what you’re continually saying. That’s why it’s so important to get in a habit of speaking victory over your life. All through the day say what God says about you: “I am blessed. I am strong. I am healthy. I’m surrounded by favor. Something good is going to happen to me.” The fruit of those words is blessing, favor, and abundance. It’s not enough to just think it; we give life to our faith by speaking it out. That’s prophesying victory.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my words have the power to help set the direction of my life. Help me to give my faith a voice by speaking words of life and blessing over myself and my future. I will declare what You say about me and eat its fruit. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.631 seconds