Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

20 Oct 2023 06:56 #3111 by DrMike
When God Is Late

Today's Scripture

When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.” John 11:32, NIV

What do you do when God shows up late and your brother Lazarus dies? You prayed, you believed, but the problem didn’t turn around, the business didn’t make it, the relationship ended. Mary couldn’t believe that Jesus had not come in time and took it that He didn’t care, but Jesus had something better in mind than a healing. He was bringing a resurrection. Sometimes the reason God delays is because He’s going to do something better than what you think, something bigger, more rewarding.

You have to trust God when you don’t see anything happening. You have to believe when heaven is silent. He’s working behind the scenes. If you will be patient, every blessing that has your name on it will find you, and it’s going to be much better than you think. The delay is a sign that God is up to something big. He’s about to show out in your life. At the time He has planned, in your due season, you’re going to see breakthroughs, healing, freedom, abundance, and more than you’ve imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what challenges and setbacks I face, You have the final word over all things. Thank You that any apparent delay in Your response is a sign of something big that’s coming. I believe that You are working behind the scenes and bringing resurrections. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2023 03:46 #3112 by DrMike
Shine

Today's Scripture

…that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. Philemon 6, NKJV

If we want our faith to be effective, we must acknowledge every good thing we have in Christ. You can’t go around acknowledging the negative—your weaknesses, the times you didn’t measure up, or how you should be more disciplined. Don’t go through life thinking little of yourself, focused on your weaknesses, dwelling on your failures. That only makes you feel bad about yourself.

Start acknowledging the good that Christ has done in your life, step into the potential God has put in you, let that personality He gave you come out and shine. Don’t be your enemy; be your asset. Be your biggest fan. Nobody should think better of you than you, because you recognize God breathed His life in you. When you acknowledge the good, when you say, “Lord, thank You for the strengths and the talents You put in me, thank You for Your gifts and for Your favor, thank You for taking me where I’ve never dreamed,” then your faith is made effective. You’re going to see God show out.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for entrusting me with good gifts and talents and dreams. I acknowledge that I have greatness in me because of what Christ has done for me. Help me to step into my potential and let my personality shine. I believe You will show out through me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

COFA Tips will resume on Thursday, November 2nd, COFA staff will be at a 10 day event, please keep us in your prayers.

Attachments:

02 Nov 2023 07:09 #3113 by DrMike
The Blessing

Today's Scripture

“The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24–26, NIV

Today, I declare that you are blessed with wisdom and that you make good choices in life. I declare you are blessed with courage, with strength, with great vision, with an obedient heart, and with a positive outlook. I declare you are blessed with good health, with vitality, and that you will live a long, satisfied life. I declare you are blessed with a good family, good friends, healthy relationships, and that your children will be mighty in the land. I declare you are blessed with protection. I declare you are blessed with promotion, with good success, with ideas, with creativity. I declare that whatever you put your hands to will prosper. You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. I declare you will lend and not borrow; you will be above and never beneath. I declare a new sense of freedom from whatever holds you back, a new happiness, and a new fulfillment. If you receive the blessing, say amen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for setting me apart with Your distinctive blessing and for shining Your face upon me. Thank You for guiding me, protecting me, favoring me, and giving me an advantage. I believe that I am blessed to be one of Your own special people. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Nov 2023 07:26 #3114 by DrMike
Ordinary to Extraordinary

Today's Scripture

Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men. Judges 15:15, NIV

You can have an extraordinary problem, but with the favor of God, He can provide an ordinary solution and make you victorious. That’s what happened with Samson when a huge army surrounded him. He had no weapons, no protection. All he could find was the jawbone of a donkey. It was small and ordinary, but Samson realized that this jawbone was part of his destiny. Even though that jawbone was ordinary, it became extraordinary when God breathed on it.

You don’t have to be bigger, stronger, or tougher to overcome your obstacles. You don’t have to have great talent, the best education, or a certain personality in order to do something great. When you honor God with your life, you have the most powerful force in the universe breathing in your direction. God knows how to take what you may feel is ordinary and make it extraordinary. What makes the difference is God’s anointing on your life when you give Him what you have.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for making me just the way I am. Thank you that You’ve empowered me with the talent, resources, and personality You wanted me to have. I believe that I have exactly what I need to fulfill my destiny as You breathe upon me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, and no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

06 Nov 2023 06:31 #3115 by DrMike
A Masterpiece

Today's Scripture

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10, NLT

Psychologists say our self-worth is often based upon what we believe the most important people in our lives think of us—a parent, a spouse, a friend, or a mentor. The problem is that sooner or later people say something that cuts like a knife and brings heartache and pain, or they show by their actions that we’re not really that important. If we’re receiving our value and worth only from those who hurt us, we’ll likely feel inferior, insecure, and less and less valuable over time.

The key to gaining a true sense of value is to let your Heavenly Father be the most important person in your life. If you listen to what He says about you, you’ll feel accepted, approved, redeemed, forgiven, confident, and secure. You will feel extremely valuable, and that’s exactly the way God wants you to be, His masterpiece. You’ve been custom-made, one of a kind. You’re not average or ordinary. God created you in His very own image. And that is exactly how you should see yourself.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that because You have made me, there can be nothing ordinary about me. Thank You that I am Your child and created in Your image. I believe and declare that I am Your masterpiece, designed by You on purpose just the way I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Nov 2023 06:43 #3116 by DrMike
Lift the Fallen

Today's Scripture

“Going over to him, the Samaritan soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him.” Luke 10:34, NLT

Jesus told the story of the Good Samaritan who saw a man on the side of the road beaten and left for dead. He put him on his donkey and took him to a place where he could recover. You’re never more like God than when you help hurting people. One of our assignments in life is to help wipe away the tears. Are you sensitive to others’ needs? Many times, behind the smile is a person who’s hurting, alone, and in turmoil. When someone is struggling, reach out. Be a healer. Be a restorer.

Your job is not to judge, or to figure out if someone deserves something, or to decide who is right or wrong. Your job is to lift the fallen, to restore the broken, and to heal the hurting. There is healing in your hands and voice. You are a container filled with God. Right now, you are full of encouragement, mercy, restoration, and healing. Everywhere you go you should dispense the goodness of God. The most important thing: You can become someone’s miracle.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for calling me to lift the fallen, to restore the broken, and to help the hurting. Help me to see others through Your eyes and to become a dispenser of Your goodness. Show me how to connect with others and to be a healer. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Nov 2023 05:58 #3117 by DrMike
No Ordinary Child

Today's Scripture

“At that time Moses was born, and he was no ordinary child.” Acts 7:20, NIV

When Moses was born, there was something special about him. As he grew up, he could sense his destiny was to deliver the Israelites out of slavery. He had good intentions, but he made a mistake and ended up having to spend forty years in hiding. I can imagine he could have worn the labels of failure, washed-up, loser. But deep down he could hear that still small voice telling him, “You are no ordinary child. There is greatness in you.” And when his time came to deliver the Israelites, he believed what God said and fulfilled his destiny.

Just because you’ve made mistakes doesn’t stop your destiny. You are a child of the Most High God. You have royal blood flowing through your veins. You’ve been crowned with favor. What’s trying to stop you doesn’t have a chance. God being for you is more than the world being against you. That dream may seem too big for some people, but not for you. You’re no ordinary child. God placed greatness in you. You are destined to leave your mark.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for entrusting me with gifts and talents and dreams. Thank You that I have greatness in me because You put it there. Help me to come out of hiding and release what You’ve given me. I believe that I am no ordinary child because I am Your child. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Nov 2023 06:15 #3118 by DrMike
Proving Seasons

Today's Scripture

Then the men of Judah came, and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah. 2 Samuel 2:4, NKJV

David was seventeen years old when the prophet Samuel anointed him to become the next king of Israel. What’s interesting is that David went back to work in the shepherds’ fields that day and did not become king until thirteen years later. When God gives you a promise, there will always be a waiting period. David was anointed, but he wasn’t appointed. He had to go through a season of proving, a season of testing. It involved caring for sheep, being discounted by his father, ridiculed by his brothers, and chased through the desert by King Saul who was bent on killing him.

As with David, you may know you’re anointed. God has put promises in your heart, but you’re not appointed yet. You’re in the proving season. If you keep passing the tests, not getting bitter because people did you wrong, not giving up because it’s taking a long time, not slacking off because things are not improving, you’re going to come into the fullness of what God has in store. Be faithful. Be patient.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are always working in my life to shape my character and prepare me for the next level You have for me. Thank You for the seasons of testing where You prove your faithfulness. I believe You are taking me higher to be used for Your glory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Nov 2023 06:40 #3119 by DrMike
By This I Know

Today's Scripture

By this I know that You are well pleased with me, because my enemy does not triumph over me. Psalm 41:11, NKJV

Are you facing difficulties that seem too big? Perhaps you never dreamed you would be battling a sickness, that your marriage would be in trouble, or the company wouldn’t need you. God is saying, “I’m still in control. It’s not a surprise to Me.” He already has the solution lined up—the right people, the healing, the promotion, the breakthroughs.

I’ve learned to recognize that God is pleased with me not by the battles that He’s stopped, but by the battles that didn’t stop me. You can’t judge God’s favor by the battles He kept you out of, but by the battles He brought you through. David was saying, “I know God is pleased with me because in the time of testing He defeated my enemies for me.” The Scripture says you will go through the fire and not be burned, and you will go through the waters and not drown. Don’t get discouraged over what God is bringing you through. He won’t allow you to get in a difficulty that He can’t bring you out of.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the history I have with You and for every time You have not allowed the enemy to triumph over me. Thank You for all the times when You’ve shown me that You are pleased with me. By this I know that I will triumph. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Nov 2023 07:47 #3120 by DrMike
Even in a Famine

Today's Scripture

He had so many flocks and herds and servants that the Philistines envied him. Genesis 26:14, NIV

At a time when there was a severe famine in the land, Isaac had planted crops and reaped a hundredfold, “because the Lord had blessed him.” He became so wealthy and successful that his Philistine neighbors looked on with envy. God wants to bless you in such a way that others are envious, so that they want what you have. There is a blessing on your life that will cause things to happen that defy the odds, to where you stand out, people take notice that there’s something different about you. When they’re struggling, you’re succeeding. When they’re complaining, you’re praising. When they’re worried, you’re in peace. You’re an example of God’s goodness. You’re not barely getting by, but blessed in such a way that you can be a blessing to others. You’re not only accomplishing your dreams, seeing overflow, setting new standards, but you’re helping others rise higher.

Don’t cancel out God’s blessing with limited thinking. Keep believing and doing the right thing. Your time is coming. As with Isaac, God is going to show out in your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise of Your blessing on my life that is supernatural. I believe that You will multiply me even in the midst of famine and make me an example of Your goodness to others. I am going to keep doing the right thing and expecting You to show out in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.924 seconds