Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Jul 2023 07:25 #3041 by DrMike
Broken the Enemy’s Teeth

Today's Scripture

The lions may roar and growl, yet the teeth of the great lions are broken. Job 4:10, NIV

Lions are very territorial. One reason they roar is to invoke fear, to intimidate and keep other animals off their territory. The same principle is true with our enemy, who “prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” When you start to take new ground, when you go after your healing, your freedom, or your abundance, the enemy thinks that’s his territory, so you’ll hear the roar louder than ever. He’s hoping to intimidate you, to where you turn back and don’t go after what God put in your heart. How many people hear the roar and give up on their dream, quit believing for their healing, or think they can never come out of debt? Have a new perspective. The roar is a sign that you’re moving toward what God promised. You wouldn’t hear the roar if you weren’t about to see favor and influence as you’ve never seen. You have to get in agreement with God and not the fear and doubt. Remember that He’s broken the teeth of the lion.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for this word that You have broken the enemy’s teeth on the cross and rendered the enemy powerless. Thank You that Jesus’ blood is more powerful than any of the devil’s lies. I’m going to stay in peace knowing that nothing can keep me from the awesome future You have for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jul 2023 07:08 #3042 by DrMike
A Day to Honor

Today's Scripture

Give to everyone what you owe them...if honor, then honor. Romans 13:7, NIV

All throughout the Scripture, we see that God blesses an attitude of honor. In Exodus, it says that when we honor our parents, we are promised long life. In Proverbs, it says that when we pursue righteousness, we will find life, prosperity, and honor. To show honor simply means that you give respect and recognition to others with your attitude, actions, and words. As we humble ourselves and give honor, we will reap a harvest of honor in our lives in return.

Today, we recognize the need to honor our founding fathers brave men and women who have given their lives in founding this great country. As we remember them, let’s honor the gift of freedom they have given us by saying thank you with our actions and choosing to love and honor others. We also need to honor all those who are serving in our armed forces and their families and sacrificing so much today. Let’s pray for God’s peace, protection, and provision over every area of their lives.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for this special day to honor the men and women who have given their lives to secure and keep our freedom as a nation. Thank You that You are with our soldiers and their families wherever they go. Protect and provide for them, and help them to know Your peace that passes understanding. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

05 Jul 2023 07:14 #3043 by DrMike
Victory Starts in Your Thinking

Today's Scripture

“Every woman will ask for jewels, silver, gold, and the finest of clothes from her Egyptian master’s wife and neighbors. You will clothe your sons and daughters with the best of Egypt!” Exodus 3:22, TLB

After 430 years of Israelite slavery in Egypt, you can imagine how they had become comfortable being victims. It’s all they’d known, generation after generation. When God delivered the Israelites, He caused their oppressors to give them gold, silver, and fine clothing as payback. But why did He tell the parents to dress their sons and daughters in the jewelry and fine clothing when they were about to go into the desert? It’s because God wanted the children to stop seeing themselves as poor, limited victims. They had to see themselves as victors to enter the Promised Land.

Victory starts in your thinking. As long as you think you’re a victim, it’s going to limit your destiny. You won’t pray bold prayers, you won’t believe for big dreams, and you won’t expect God’s favor. No matter what’s happened in your past, no matter the dysfunction, abuse, lack, or struggle, shift your thinking. See yourself differently. No more of the victim who never gets a break. Put on those new clothes, so to speak. You are a victor.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You didn’t create me to be enslaved as a victim to anything. Thank You that You are freeing me from what I cannot free myself and dressing me in the clothing of a victor. I believe that You are restoring me to wholeness and bringing me out better than ever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

06 Jul 2023 06:55 #3044 by DrMike
Battles That Don’t Matter

Today's Scripture

“Please pay no attention, my lord, to that wicked man Nabal. He is just like his name— his name means Fool, and folly goes with him.” 1 Samuel 25:25, NIV

In 1 Samuel 25, a very wealthy man named Nabal, who was mean and hard to get along with, had offended and outraged David. So much so, that he and four hundred of his men were on their way to kill Nabal and all of his men. David allowed his emotions for revenge to take him in a direction of shedding innocent blood and hindering his destiny. Fortunately, Nabal’s wife, Abigail, intervened and persuaded David that her husband was such a fool that he was not worthy of any response. She reminded David that God was entrusting to him an everlasting dynasty that could be lost through vengeance.

You will encounter people who are rude and offensive like Nabal. Ask yourself what Abigail asked David: “Why fight with a fool? Why get in conflict with someone who’s not between you and your destiny?” So what if they don’t like you and make negative comments or leave you out. That’s a test. Don’t get distracted, baited into being offended, or caught in battles that don’t matter. Stay in peace and rise above it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the example that Jesus showed in His response to insults, false accusations, and being treated shamefully. Thank You that I don’t have to waste my time and energies getting into conflict with those who oppose me. You are my defender. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Jul 2023 07:18 #3045 by DrMike
Restoration

Today's Scripture

“For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,” says the LORD. Jeremiah 30:17, NKJV

We all go through disappointments, things we didn’t see coming—a breakup, a setback in our finances, an illness. It’s easy to accept it and think that’s the way it’s always going to be, but God saw what happened. He didn’t say we wouldn’t go through challenges, but He did promise that He will restore and heal. He’s a God of restoration. You may have experienced a loss, but that’s not how your story ends. Don’t judge your situation too soon. The loss is only temporary. You’re going to get it all back—the joy, the peace, the health, the strength, the family, the dreams.

The beauty of our God is that even when we make mistakes, even when we bring trouble upon ourselves, God doesn’t say, “Too bad for you. I would restore you, if you had performed better. I would help you, if you had been more committed.” God is full of mercy, and when He says it’s time to restore, all the forces of darkness cannot stop Him. He is going to suddenly thrust you into restoration.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in times of disappointment when I don’t see the way out, I have Your promise that You will restore and heal me. Thank You that in Your goodness You will turn it around and bring back all I am missing. I believe that all the forces of darkness cannot stop it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Jul 2023 06:39 #3046 by DrMike
Flourish

Today's Scripture

And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. 2 Timothy 2:9, NLT

After years of great missionary travels, planting churches, seeing miracle after miracle, the apostle Paul spent the last years of his life in prison. He could have been sour, thinking, “Man, is this how it’s going to end? Stuck in a prison?” But Paul knew the prison couldn’t keep his gifts from coming out. While he was in captivity, he wrote several books of the Bible that would encourage us two thousand years later. He gave us Scriptures that we all quote today: “I can do all things through Christ. God will do exceedingly abundantly above what we ask or think. Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might.” Paul didn’t sit around complaining in the prison; he flourished in the prison.

If Paul were here, he would tell you that you can prosper wherever you’re planted. Use your gifts, stretch your faith, and you’ll see favor. You don’t have to wait until everything is perfect. You can flourish in the trouble, see favor in the famine, be promoted in the downturn.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God and that Your work in my life is greater than any of the forces that might try to hold me back. Thank You that I can flourish wherever I am planted. I believe that Your Word cannot be bound in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America has some big needs that need to be filled and we are asking for you to pray for these needs. We have several needs in leadership, we need women's ministry leaders on a National level and state leaders. We need tech support. We also need men and women who can help with our national events. We have the COFA National ATV ride in August in CO, Our fall September retreat/fishcamp in Bemidji MN, we have a need for volunteers to help with the women's only elk hunt.In November we have the national Free kids paper turkey target shoot in CO, and need several volunteers for that event. If you feel called to help start a COFA group in your church or community contact Leslie at 303.909.3707 or myself Mike at 303.880.9878 or have questions, call us, we'd love to talk to you. If you know of someone we should talk to or you have them reach out to us we'd appreciate it.
Attachments:

11 Jul 2023 06:10 #3047 by DrMike
Great Sorrow into Great Joy

Today's Scripture

When the Lord saw the grieving mother, his heart broke for her. With great tenderness he said to her, “Please don’t cry.” Luke 7:13, TPT

In Luke 7, a funeral procession was coming toward Jesus. They were on their way to bury a widow’s only son after she’d already buried her husband. You can imagine the pain she was dealing with. When Jesus saw her, “His heart broke.” God sees when you’re hurting. He sees when you’re lonely. When you feel so overwhelmed that you don’t think you can go on, He is moved with compassion. Jesus went over to the woman and said, in effect, “You’re weeping now, but I’m about to turn your great sorrow into great joy.” He raised her boy from the dead, and her tears were turned into joy.

Sometimes life gets tough. You shed tears from hurts, from a bad medical report, from a child who breaks your heart, from dreams that don’t work out. I want you to see that it is not how your story ends. We serve a turnaround God. As with this woman, He’s going to step in and turn the sorrow into joy, turn the brokenness into wholeness, turn the mourning into dancing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the dreams and promises and relationships You put in my heart. Thank You that You see when I’m hurting and overwhelmed, and that You are moved with compassion. I declare that You are the turnaround God to whatever I am facing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America has some big needs, that need to be filled and we are asking for you to pray for these requests. We have several areas in leadership, we need women's ministry leaders on a National level and state leaders. We need tech support. We also need men and women who can help with our national events. We have the COFA National ATV ride in August in CO, Our fall September retreat/fishcamp in Bemidji MN, we have a need for volunteers to help with the women's only elk hunt.In November we have the national Free kids paper turkey target shoot in CO, and need several volunteers for that event. If you feel called to help start a COFA group in your church or community contact Leslie at 303.909.3707 or myself Mike at 303.880.9878 or have questions, call us, we'd love to talk to you. If you know of someone we should talk to or you have them reach out to us we'd appreciate it.
Attachments:

12 Jul 2023 06:34 #3048 by DrMike
It’s Not Your Performance

Today's Scripture

And behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” Matthew 3:17, ESV

When God spoke the words of today’s Scripture, Jesus hadn’t started His ministry yet. He had never performed a single miracle or spoken one of His sermons. His Father was pleased with Jesus because of who He was and not because of anything He had done.

We tell ourselves, “If I prayed more or broke this bad habit or went to church more, I would feel good about myself.” You have to learn to accept yourself while you’re in the process of changing. We all have areas we need to improve, but we’re not supposed to go around down on ourselves because we haven’t arrived. You may not be perfect, but God is not basing your value on your performance. He’s looking at your heart. You have to shake off the guilt. You’re growing. You’re making progress. Do yourself a big favor and quit listening to the accusing voices. That’s the enemy trying to convince you to be against yourself. He knows that if you don’t like yourself, you will never become who God created you to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your amazing love and approval of me is not based on my performance. Thank You that I can refuse to let guilt and condemnation keep me from staying close to You. I declare that I am growing and becoming the person You created me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America has some big needs that need to be filled and we are asking for you to pray for these needs. We have several needs in leadership, we need womens ministry leaders on a National level and state leaders. We need tech support. We also need men and women who can help with our national events. We have the COFA National ATV ride in August in CO, Our fall September retreat/fishcamp in Bemidji MN, we have a need for volunteers to help with the womens only elk hunt.In November we have the national Free kids paper turkey target shoot in CO, and need several volunteers for that event. If you feel called to help start a COFA group in your church or community contact Leslie at 303.909.3707 or myself Mike at 303.880.9878 or have questions, call us, we'd love to talk to you. If you know of someone we should talk to or you have them reach out to us we'd appreciate it.
Attachments:

13 Jul 2023 08:46 #3049 by DrMike
Weights

Today's Scripture

Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you. Psalm 55:22, AMPC

How many weights are you carrying around today? Think about it. Perhaps it’s the weight of worry, the weight of what you don’t understand, or the weight of how you’re going to make it through a tough season. There’s something you have to do. God is not going to take the burden away. You have to release the worry, release the frustration, release having to figure it out. Come back to a place of peace.

That difficulty you’re facing, that trouble that’s weighing you down, is not going to stop you. The trouble is transportation. Don’t fight everything and live worried, saying, “Why did this happen?” God knows what He’s doing. He has you in the palms of His hands. He may not work it out the way you had planned, but where He’s taking you is better than you’ve imagined. You have to be committed to trust Him and trust His ways. When you do, the weights will lift off you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know all the weights I am carrying. Thank You that I can come to You and cast all the burdens of heaviness, worry, regrets, and feelings of frustrations upon You. I will rest in Your love and mercy and forgiveness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America has some big needs that need to be filled and we are asking for you to pray for these needs. We have several needs in leadership, we need womens ministry leaders on a National level and state leaders. We need tech support. We also need men and women who can help with our national events. We have the COFA National ATV ride in August in CO, Our fall September retreat/fishcamp in Bemidji MN, we have a need for volunteers to help with the womens only elk hunt.In November we have the national Free kids paper turkey target shoot in CO, and need several volunteers for that event. If you feel called to help start a COFA group in your church or community contact Leslie at 303.909.3707 or myself Mike at 303.880.9878 or have questions, call us, we'd love to talk to you. If you know of someone we should talk to or you have them reach out to us we'd appreciate it.

Attachments:

14 Jul 2023 06:29 #3050 by DrMike
Inner Promptings

Today's Scripture

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. Romans 8:14, NIV

Many times we feel an inner prompting to be good to someone. That’s not random. That’s God talking to us. Or maybe you’re in a situation that seems fine, but you feel an uneasiness. Something says, “It’s not right. Stay away.” That’s not just your nerves. It’s God protecting you. Don’t ignore it, don’t overanalyze it, don’t talk yourself out of it, just obey. The Holy Spirit is in us to guide us. The Scripture talks about being sensitive to our inner ear, listening to His still small voice, the promptings, the suggestions, the alarms. Then God will guide you along the best path for your life.

Too often we feel these inner impressions, but we debate them and dismiss them. Or we override it and say, “I don’t feel peace about this, but it looks safe.” We overanalyze it and think, “I could give them ten dollars, but that doesn’t make sense.” Don’t talk yourself out of it. Just obey. Anytime you do what you sense God is asking you to do, a blessing will always follow.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You speak to my heart. Thank You for giving me an inner ear to know right from wrong. Help me to be sensitive to Your still small voice and hear it with clarity, to hear any alarms, promptings, and suggestions, and to be quick to obey. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.246 seconds