Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

21 Apr 2023 07:15 #3001 by DrMike
Stronger Than You Think

Today's Scripture

God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13, ESV

We all face pressure and times when we feel overwhelmed—the obstacle looks too big, we never dreamed we’d be dealing with this sickness, the trouble at work won’t end. It’s easy to feel as though we can’t take it anymore. But today’s Scripture says that when God designed you, He took into account everything you would face—every struggle, every unfair situation, every setback—and He put in you the strength, the courage, and the determination to withstand it.

When you feel as though the pressure is too much, it’s because you’re stronger than you think. You’ll never discover how strong you really are until you face pressure that you’ve never faced. It may seem unbearable, but the fact that God allowed it means you can handle it. He didn’t say He’d make a way of escape so you could run from it, but so you can “endure it.” God wouldn’t allow you to get in that pressure if He hadn’t designed you to handle it. You will always be able to bear whatever comes your way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have designed me to withstand whatever pressure comes against me. Thank You that You have taken into account all that I need, and You are supplying me with the strength to overcome. I believe and declare You always lead me to triumph. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2023 03:53 #3002 by DrMike
Ignore the Roar

Today's Scripture

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8, NKJV

Anytime we try to move forward, thoughts will come telling us what we can’t do, how the problem is too big. We know what God promised, we believe it in our heart, but the enemy comes like a roaring lion, bombarding our mind with doubts. The purpose of a lion’s roar is to intimidate any opponent, to strike fear and terror, so much so that it will paralyze the other animal and get it to back down.

In the same way, our enemy loves to roar in our thoughts. “You’ll never get well. You’ll never break the addiction. You don’t have any talent.” How you handle the roar will determine whether or not you reach your destiny. If you believe the lies and let the fear take root, it will keep you from seeing the promise. You have to learn to ignore the roar. He goes about “like” a roaring lion—he’s not a lion, and he doesn’t have any power over you. The only power he has is the power you give him by believing the roar.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when the enemy is roaring, bombarding my thoughts with doubts and fears, that I can resist him, firm in the faith. Thank You that he does not have any power over me. I declare that I will not be intimidated into backing down, and I will not believe the roar. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

25 Apr 2023 06:31 #3003 by DrMike
Power to Endure

Today's Scripture

An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. Luke 22:43, NIV

The night before Jesus was crucified, He went to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray. He knew the suffering He would face. He felt weary, lonely, and so overcome with emotion that His sweat was like drops of blood. Remember that even though Jesus is fully God, He is fully man. He felt everything we have felt. He felt overwhelmed. In that moment when it seemed as though He couldn’t go on, God sent an angel to strengthen Him.

God knows the weight of what you are carrying. He sees you being your best as you raise the children, fight an addiction, or face the illness. When you run out of strength, don’t worry, for angels are coming. Help is on the way. You’re going to feel strength that you didn’t have, joy when you could be discouraged, hope when you should be depressed. You’re going to have the power to endure, the favor to overcome, the determination to outlast. It’s not because of your own efforts; it’s the angels ministering to you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know all the things I am carrying, and You make provisions of special strength for me all along the way. Thank You that You even send angels in various forms to minister to my needs. I believe that I have the power to endure whatever I face. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Apr 2023 07:02 #3004 by DrMike
Powerless

Today's Scripture

Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil… Hebrews 2:14, NASB

Two thousand years ago, Jesus defeated the enemy once and for all. The enemy tried his best, but his best could not keep Jesus in the grave. Jesus rendered the devil powerless. Jesus is alive forevermore and holds the keys to death and hell. The enemy has no power over you. He can’t keep you from your purpose. The only way he can stop you is if you believe his lies. “Look at all the mistakes you’ve made. God can’t bless you. You’ve had so many bad breaks that you’ll never accomplish your dreams.” Don’t let lies keep you from the awesome future God has in store.

When the enemy’s trying to stop you with fear, depression, or anxiety, just say, “No, thanks. I know the blood of the sinless, spotless Lamb of God is more powerful than any of these lies. I know that God’s mercy is bigger than my mistakes. I know that He has some amazing victories in front of me. The enemy cannot stop me from stepping into a new level of my destiny.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for this word that Jesus has rendered the enemy powerless on the cross. Thank You that His blood is more powerful than any of the devil’s lies. I’m going to stay in peace knowing that nothing can keep me from the awesome future You have for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Apr 2023 06:45 #3005 by DrMike
Encourage Yourself

Today's Scripture

Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. Ephesians 4:29, NLT

When you’re in tough times, you can complain and talk about the problem, but that’s not encouraging to anyone, especially to yourself. One person who hears every word you say is you. They go out of your mouth and back into your ears. If you hear them long enough, they’ll take root in your spirit. You believe what you say about yourself more than what anyone else says. There’s nothing more powerful than you speaking encouragement over your own life.

Do not verbalize the negative. Don’t give those thoughts life by speaking them out.

Instead of talking about how you may feel insecure, unqualified, or intimidated, say what God says about you. “I can do all things through Christ. I am strong in the Lord. I am equipped, empowered, and anointed.” You may feel just the opposite, but keep speaking victory and that encouragement will take root inside. Over time, you will start to feel strong, confident, and well able. You’ll start to see favor, new doors opening, and God taking you where you never imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the power my words can have to bring encouragement to others and also to me. Thank You that I can put discouragement behind me and say what You say about me. I am going to keep speaking words of victory, favor, and blessing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Apr 2023 07:10 #3006 by DrMike
Willing and Obedient

Today's Scripture

“If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land.” Isaiah 1:19, NIV

It’s one thing to be obedient to what God says, that’s good. But if you really want to experience God’s best, you need to be more than obedient; you have to be willing. You have to do it with the right attitude—not of obligation where you have to, but with an attitude of gratitude.

It’s one thing to give because you have to. It’s another thing to give because you want to. It’s one thing to go to work to pick up a paycheck. It’s another thing to go to work to be a blessing to somebody else. It’s one thing to stay married to your spouse because it’s the right thing to do. People may look down on you if you don’t. But it’s another thing to stay married to your spouse, to treat him or her with respect, to honor and help your partner reach a higher level. That’s being willing and obedient. When you do the right thing with the right motives, there’s no limit to what God will do in your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus was willing to come to earth as a man and then to be obedient to the point of death. Thank You for calling me to have the right spirit, to obey and serve with a grateful attitude. Help me to do what is right with the right motives. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

01 May 2023 07:07 #3007 by DrMike
Mountains or Molehills

Today's Scripture

“So, big mountain, who do you think you are? Next to Zerubbabel you’re nothing but a molehill. He’ll proceed to set the Cornerstone in place, accompanied by cheers: Yes! Yes! Do it!” Zechariah 4:7, MSG

When Zerubbabel, the governor of Judah who was in charge of the rebuilding of the temple at Jerusalem, faced opposition, God spoke today’s Scripture. Mountains represent permanent, immovable obstacles. Depression can be a mountain, people at work who are not for you, an illness, debt, lack, or an addiction. Now, this is a new day. God is about to flatten that mountain into a molehill. He’s about to remove some obstacles. What used to hold you back is not going to limit you anymore. People who weren’t for you will suddenly be out of your path. That mountain of discouragement is about to become a molehill.

You have to receive this by faith. This won’t do you any good if you think your situation will never turn around. You can cancel out what God wants to do with doubt, or with negative thinking. Get in agreement with God and say, “Father, I believe that You promise a turnaround is coming in my health, my finances, my relationships, my career. I believe You will turn this mountain into a molehill.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter how big the mountain of obstacles is, I have Your promise that it will be flattened to a molehill. Thank You that what has held me back will not limit me anymore. I receive this by faith and look forward to how You will turn it around. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

02 May 2023 06:15 #3008 by DrMike
The Oil of Joy

Today's Scripture

You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. Psalm 45:7, NIV

When you keep God first, He puts on you an anointing of the oil of joy to which nothing can stick. You’re like a nonstick baking pan. Disrespect will come, and people will say hurtful things, but the good news is that you have a nonstick anointing. You can let that go, and it will slide right off you and have no effect. You could be offended when your coworker leaves you out and plays politics, but you have the oil of joy and just let it go. When someone is rude to you, you could give them a piece of your mind, but like that nonstick pan, it slides right off. You go on and enjoy the day.

You weren’t created to hold on to offenses, disrespect, or hurtful words. Keep yourself oiled up. The next time that something happens that could upset you, take a new approach: “Father, thank You that I’ve been anointed with the oil of joy. I’m going to stay in peace and focus on my goals, knowing that You are fighting my battles.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for anointing me with the oil of joy that is like a protective coating from offenses. Thank You that I can let go of the negative things that come my way and they slide right off. I declare that because You are fighting my battles, I will stay in peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 May 2023 06:57 #3009 by DrMike
So Much More

Today's Scripture

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20, NKJV

A little frog loved living in the bottom of a well. He thought he had all the water in the world to play in. Life was good. One day he climbed to the top of the well and cautiously peered over the edge. Much to his surprise, he saw a lake and couldn’t fathom that much water. He ventured out and eventually came to an ocean. As far as he could see, there was nothing but water. Here he thought his well held all the water in the world, but it was only a drop in the bucket.

Many times our thinking is limited to the environment in which we were raised. We get comfortable with a limited vision, lack, and dysfunction. It’s all we’ve seen. Can I tell you that there’s so much more? God has oceans of favor, oceans of grace, oceans of new opportunities. It’s time to stretch and release your faith for the new things God has in your future. Start believing to rise to new levels, to become all you were created to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am not limited by my past and how I was raised. Thank You that this is a new day with new doors to open and new opportunities before me. I believe and declare that You are doing exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 May 2023 05:35 #3010 by DrMike
If You Only Knew

Today's Scripture

Jesus replied, “If you only knew who I am and the gift that God wants to give you, you’d ask me for a drink, and I would give you living water.” John 4:10, TPT

In John 4, Jesus met a Samaritan woman who had been married five times and was living with a sixth man. She’d gone through great rejection and heartache, been taken advantage of, made a lot of mistakes, and felt ashamed and unworthy. When she asked Jesus why He, a Jew, would ask her, a Samaritan who was despised by the Jews, for a drink of water, He replied, in effect, “If you only knew how I’m about to heal your hurts, restore your sense of value, and thrust you into your purpose, you would know why.” She came to the well defeated and broken, but she left with a new passion, a new self-image, knowing she was valuable, redeemed, and forgiven, a child of the Most High God.

God is saying to you, “If you only knew how I can make miracles out of your mistakes. If you only knew how I can restore you, heal you, and still make something great out of your life. Just trust Me, and get ready. I’m about to do something awesome in your life.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know everything about me, so there’s no reason to try to hide my failures, my mistakes, and my hurts from You. Thank You that I can come to You knowing that You are the God who restores and heals. I believe that You are about to do something awesome in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds