Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 May 2023 07:12 #3011 by DrMike
Fruitful

Today's Scripture

The second son he named Ephraim and said, “It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering.” Genesis 41:52, NIV

Joseph endured thirteen years of betrayals, being sold into slavery, falsely accused and sent to prison, delays, disappointments, and bad breaks. Yet he kept being his best, and eventually he was made prime minister of Egypt. It’s interesting that after all of that, he named his second son Ephraim, which means “productive, fruitful.” He was saying, “I’ve gone through so much that was unfair, but God caused me to prosper despite all that tried to stop me.”

If you’re going to have an Ephraim, if you’re going to see God prosper you in the midst of the difficulty, you have to stay productive, keep using your gifts, keep stretching, keep being good to people. Don’t put your dreams on hold because you’re in a difficult place. As with Joseph, God can make you prosperous in the affliction—not when you get out of it, but in the trouble, in the disappointment. You can shine, you can still build, still see great relationships, still accomplish your dreams. God will prosper you wherever you’re planted.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your plans for me are for good to give me a bright future. Thank You that the difficulties I face cannot keep me from being productive and fruitful. I believe that You will prosper me right where I am planted. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2023 03:40 #3012 by DrMike
I Still Believe

Today's Scripture

Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. Romans 4:20, NLT

God gave Abraham the promise of a son when he was seventy-five years old. Even though both he and Sarah were too old to have a child, faith rose in Abraham’s heart. Twenty-five long years went by during which he had plenty of reasons to give up on the promise, but the Scripture says, “In hope against hope Abraham believed.” He went from “I believe” to “I still believe.” He had a made-up mind, and when he was one hundred years old, he and Sarah had their son.

God is looking for “I still believe” people. Maybe you believed God’s promise but nothing’s changing, no doors have opened, you’ve been told no over and over. Thoughts tell you, “It’s too late. There’s no way. Let it go.” That’s all a part of the process. God didn’t give you the dream and not have a way to bring it to pass. He’s already taken into account all the setbacks, the delays, the betrayals, the closed doors. Keep believing, keep praising, keep thanking God that it’s on the way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my God and that’s reason enough to never waver in believing Your promises. Thank You that my faith can grow stronger through this. I am going to keep believing, keep praising, and thanking You for what’s on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

09 May 2023 06:14 #3013 by DrMike
Easier Than You Think

Today's Scripture

“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:30, NKJV

If you start your day dreading something you’re facing, you’re drawing in what you’re thinking about. If you’re telling yourself, “I can’t pass the course. This problem is too big. I’ll never get past this sickness,” you’re defeating yourself. Turn it around and say, “God, this looks difficult, but You say that Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light. Thank You that it’s going to be easier than it looks.”

The Most High God is arranging the good breaks, the healing, the favor, the promotion. He has the right people lined up for you. He knows how to change people’s minds to be for you. You don’t have to do everything in your own strength and ability. You have to stay strong and fight the good fight of faith. It may not happen overnight, but keep believing, keep declaring the promises, keep doing the right thing. You’re going to come into moments of favor when God suddenly causes things to fall into place, suddenly your business takes off, suddenly your health turns around, and it’s not a struggle anymore.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for calling me to come to You with all my burdens and cares and that You will give me rest. Thank You that You are in control and You’re working to make difficulties easier than they look. Help me to stay strong and fight the good fight of faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 May 2023 07:03 #3014 by DrMike
It’s All Coming Back

Today's Scripture

David got back everything the Amalekites had taken, and he rescued his two wives. Nothing was missing: small or great, son or daughter, nor anything else that had been taken. David brought everything back. 1 Samuel 30:18–19, NLT

In 1 Samuel 30, David and his six hundred men returned home to discover their worst fear had come true. The Amalekites had raided their city, captured their wives and children, taken their possessions, and burned their houses. It was so devastating that “David and his men wept until they could not weep anymore.” But David dried his tears, encouraged himself in the Lord, got his passion back, and led his men to not only defeat the Amalekites but to get everything back plus spoils as well.

You may have lost some things, difficulties came out of nowhere, but be encouraged in God’s promises. Where you are is only temporary. If you get your passion back, start believing again, you’re going to get it all back, nothing will be missing. God knows what belongs to you, and it’s coming back. Have a “recover all” mentality, not a “poor old me” mentality. You may not see how it can happen, but God is not limited by what limits us. He is going to bring you out better than you were before.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your power to strengthen me in times of difficulty is greater than any force that comes against me. Thank You that I can put discouragement behind me and get my passion back. I believe that all that belongs to me is coming back. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 May 2023 08:18 #3015 by DrMike
Live Well

Today's Scripture

Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well! Psalm 90:12, MSG

Are you living in the house with your family, but you’re not connected? Are you engaged, living well, making the most of the moments? Or are you in tomorrow, hoping you’ll get the contract, worried about your business, wondering how your finances are going to work out? Are you in yesterday, upset over a disappointment, bitter over who hurt you? You’re missing the beauty of this day. Once you live this day, you can’t get it back. The people in your life are not always going to be there. Don’t wait until they’re gone to recognize what you have. Don’t take for granted all the good things in your life right now. Get connected. Take time for the people God has given you.

There will always be more work, more challenges, and more problems to solve. The dreams will come to pass in due season. The problems will resolve in God’s timing. Worrying about them doesn’t make them work out any sooner. Stay in the moment with the people you love. Enjoy where you are.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the beauty that You provide for me every day, especially through my family and all the people I love. Teach me to live wisely and well and to never allow worry or disappointments to keep me from the present. I declare that I am going to make the most of my moments. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 May 2023 07:21 #3016 by DrMike
Why You’re Special

Today's Scripture

“Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?” Matthew 13:55, NIV

When Jesus went around healing the sick, curing the lepers, and teaching with great authority and wisdom, great crowds followed Him. People looked at His family background, and they couldn’t understand it. They asked, “His father was just a carpenter, nothing special. How can his son be doing miracles and be this influential? Where does Jesus get the wisdom to teach so powerfully?” They were looking at His natural father, at His background and training. They didn’t realize who His Heavenly Father was.

Sometimes life will tell you that you’re average, that you’ve reached your limits, that you’ve gone as far as you can. “Look at your family. There’s nothing special about you. You can’t do anything great.” That may be true in the natural, but you have another Father. No discredit to your natural father, but your Heavenly Father is the giver of all good gifts. Your spiritual bloodline overrides your natural bloodline. If you’re going to see the greatness that belongs to you, the favor, the influence, and the talent, look to your Heavenly Father today.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are constantly working, constantly showing me Your goodness, with every good gift that comes into my life. Thank You that You are my Father and that my spiritual bloodline overrides the natural. I will look to You today to bring out my greatness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and, with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, and no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

15 May 2023 06:30 #3017 by DrMike
Bought Back

Today's Scripture

Then the LORD said to me, “Go and love your wife again, even though she commits adultery with another lover. This will illustrate that the LORD still loves Israel, even though the people have turned to other gods and love to worship them.” Hosea 3:1, NLT

In the Scripture, the wife of the prophet Hosea abandoned him and their children and was living as a prostitute with many men. Despite her unfaithfulness and the pain and humiliation she’d caused, Hosea still loved her. Finally, her circumstances got so bad that she was about to be sold as a slave when God spoke today’s Scripture to him. He went and found her beaten down, dirty, and clothes torn, and he stooped down and bought her back for fifteen shekels.

Hosea is a picture of God. His wife represents you and me. We’ve all turned our back on Him and gone our own way, but God who is rich in mercy didn’t turn His back on us. He stooped down to the messy places, to where we failed, to where we should have been finished, and bought us back—not with fifteen shekels, but with the life of His Son. Now you have to do your part and receive His mercy, receive His forgiveness, and quit living guilty. Your past is not dictating your future. Live redeemed. Live restored.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being rich in mercy and never giving up on me when I’ve gone my own way and failed. Thank You that Jesus gave His life that I might belong to You. I declare that I have been bought by the blood of the Lamb of God and that I’m living redeemed. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 May 2023 06:32 #3018 by DrMike
Don’t Be Bullied

Today's Scripture

So then, surrender to God. Stand up to the devil and resist him and he will flee in agony. James 4:7, TPT

The enemy is a bully. Bullies are loud, intimidating, liars, and try to threaten you to control you and keep you down. You have to stand up to the enemy and say, “Your intimidation and threats don’t move me. You have no power over me. I know who I am, and I know whose I am. You may seem big, but God and I are a majority. What He’s destined for my life will come to pass. I will not live worried or let your lies play in my mind.”

The way you defeat the enemy is by saying what God says about you. When the enemy says, “You’ll never break out and rise higher,” you have to declare, “The path of the righteous gets brighter and brighter, and that’s my path. My greatest victories are still in front of me.” When you hear the lie, “You’ll never break the addiction,” tell the enemy, “I am surrendered to God. In Jesus, I am free, and I will become who I was created to be.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for sending Your champion, Christ Jesus, who is far more powerful than the enemy. Thank You for breaking the enemy’s power and strengthening me to stand up tall. I will walk in the liberty by which Christ has set me free. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 May 2023 06:59 #3019 by DrMike
To the Depths

Today's Scripture

“He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’” Luke 24:6–7, NIV

This is what Jesus did over two thousand years ago. He stooped down from the glory of heaven and the worship of angels and came to be born in a lowly manger on earth. He stooped to be betrayed, mocked, beaten, and crucified on the cross for our sins. We didn’t deserve it, we couldn’t measure up, we made the mistakes, and we had no defense. He didn’t have to come, but He said, “Father, I’ll stoop down. I’ll go low, so low I’ll be buried in a grave. So low the enemy will think that I’m defeated.” But the good news is that He didn’t stay there. He defeated sin, death, and hell for you and me. That’s how He’s not only the all-powerful, resurrected Savior, but He is the God who stoops. He comes to your messy places, meets you where you are, rescues and restores you even when it was your fault, defends you when you knew better, drowns out the accusing voices all around you, and sets you in a place of honor as His child.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the power of Jesus’ shed blood that has secured an everlasting release from my sins. Thank You that He stooped so low to pay the incredible price to blot out all my sins and set me free. I declare that Jesus is surely the Son of God and my Savior. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 May 2023 09:40 #3020 by DrMike
See His Greatness

Today's Scripture

Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. 1 Samuel 16:13, NKJV

It’s significant that Samuel anointed David to be king in front of his father and brothers. His father hadn’t believed in him and had left him out in the shepherds’ fields when Samuel came. His brothers made fun of him and tried to make him feel small. David showed that if you become deaf to others’ negative comments and attitudes toward you, God will bless you in front of the people who tried to push you down. He will honor you in front of those who said you don’t have what it takes. God knows how to prepare a table for you in the presence of your enemies. He is not going to promote you in private, but He’ll promote you where those who didn’t believe in you will see you honored, in new levels of influence and favor.

Be respectful to others, but don’t let their doubts and negativity toward you cancel out or talk you out of what God put in your heart. Turn a deaf ear to all that and get ready to see the greatness of God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have Your ways of preparing tables for me when I face negativity and critics. Thank You that You show how much You love me and honor me. Let me not only see Your goodness, but use me to show other people how great You are. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.631 seconds