Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Feb 2023 06:37 #2961 by DrMike
Hold Them Up

Today's Scripture

When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset.Exodus 17:12, NIV

At one time Moses was on the top of a hill watching a battle that was taking place. As long as he held his rod up in the air, the Israelites were winning. But whenever he put his hands down, the Amalekites started to win. Finally, Moses was too tired and would have needed miraculous strength to continue, so Aaron and Hur helped hold his hands in the air. Because they became the miracle, the Israelites won the victory.

There are people God puts in our paths who are not going to win by themselves. They’re praying for a miracle. Become the miracle. They need your encouragement, your rescuing hug, to know that you care. Your kind words can put people back on their feet. The Scripture says, “A gentle tongue brings healing.” A phone call, giving someone a ride, taking them out to dinner, encouraging them in their dreams—there are miracles in you waiting to happen. That may seem simple to you, but to the other person it can be life-giving.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You bring people across my path so I can be the answer to their prayer and help them win. Thank You that I can speak a kind word, lift them up when they’re hurting, and encourage them to follow their dreams. Help me to become their miracle. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2023 07:41 #2962 by DrMike
Difficulties Bring a Push

Today's Scripture

“I thought, ‘Surely I shall die quietly in my nest after a long, good life.’” Job 29:18, TLB

In the Scripture, Job had his nest all fixed up, had his house just as he wanted it, and had a successful business. Things were going great. He was finally comfortable, but what happened? God stirred up his nest. God doesn’t bring the trouble, but He will allow difficulties to push us into our destiny. Almost overnight Job lost his health, his children, and his business. If the story stopped there, it would be a sad ending. But Job understood this principle. In spite of great difficulties, he said, “I know my Redeemer lives.” He was saying, “I know God is still on the throne. This trouble is not going to defeat me; it’s going to push me.” In the end Job came out with twice what he’d had before. God’s dream for his life was greater than he could imagine.

Every difficulty you go through pushes you to mature, to trust God more, to be more resilient and determined. Keep the right attitude, and God will push you to a new level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no difficulty and no one can upset Your plans for my life. Thank You that You purposefully order my steps in the way that is pushing me to new levels of my destiny. Help me to declare that You live and are on the throne in the tough times. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

17 Feb 2023 07:51 #2963 by DrMike
Stay in Faith

Today's Scripture

“Look, I go forward, but…I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.” Job 23:8–10, NKJV

I’ve learned that our character is more important than our talent. We can have all the talent in the world, but if we don’t have strong character, we won’t go very far. We can all trust God in the good times. But can you trust Him with the secret frustrations that haven’t changed? You’ve prayed and believed, but God hasn’t removed it. The question is not only if you can trust God, but more important, if God can trust you. Too many people let frustrations cause them to get sour, lose their passion, and slack off. Will you pass that test and stay in faith even when you can’t see what God is doing?

Keep doing the right thing, keep being good to people, keep giving it your best and having an excellent spirit. Nothing may be happening on the outside, but if you keep the right attitude, something is happening inside. God is changing you. If you keep trusting God, you will rise higher, overcome obstacles, and become everything you were created to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I can’t see what You’re doing, I still have every reason to trust You. Thank You that the times of testing will pass and that I will come forth as gold through it. I believe that You are changing me into the person You created me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Feb 2023 07:41 #2964 by DrMike
Only God Knows

Today's Scripture

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me… 2 Corinthians 12:7, NKJV

Scholars have speculated about what the apostle Paul’s “thorn in the flesh” was, but what we know is that it was a secret frustration that bothered him so much that he prayed three times for God to remove it. Paul says that he thought the thorn in his flesh was to keep him from getting proud, to keep him from getting puffed up because of the great revelations he had been given. Only God knows the reason He allows thorns to remain in our lives, but nothing happens by accident. That secret frustration may just be for a time of testing. It may be for a time when you have to prove to God that you’re going to be content and do your best when things are not going your way. You’re going to keep giving even when you’re not receiving. You’re going to keep trying when every door is closing. You’re going to keep doing the right thing even when you’re not seeing right results. You’re simply going to stay in faith.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the sovereign God who alone knows what is best for me. I’m not going to let a secret frustration sour my life. I declare that Your grace is sufficient for me. Whether it ever changes or not, I declare that I’m still going to be my best and stay in faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Feb 2023 07:05 #2965 by DrMike
How You Handle the Blessing

Today's Scripture

Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will grant you his blessing. 1 Peter 3:9, NLT

God’s favor on your life means that He will release greater blessings, greater influence, and greater resources. But you have to realize that as others see you succeed, some small minded people will get jealous and start criticizing, finding fault, trying to make you look bad. You have to be able to handle the negative that comes with the blessing. If you’re going to be offended and upset, if you allow it to bring you into conflict with people, then the blessing won’t be a blessing.

You don’t have to respond to the negative comments and people who don’t like or understand you. Keep your heart pure and don’t try to repay them. Be good to those who aren’t good to you. Overlook what they say or do. The sooner you quit giving the negative your time and attention, the better off you’re going to be. You have the grace to rise above it, the grace to ignore it, the grace to not let it bother you. Step into that grace and move forward to greater blessing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me the grace to rise above the negative comments and people who are not for me. Help me to bless those who have done me wrong, to leave them in Your hands, and to believe that You are taking me to new levels. I look forward to even greater blessings. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

22 Feb 2023 06:58 #2966 by DrMike
When Not to Resist

Today's Scripture

But Jesus said, “Don’t resist anymore.” Luke 22:51, TLB

When Jesus was about to be crucified, Judas came with a group of soldiers to arrest Him. When Jesus’ disciples asked, “Lord, should we fight?” He told them to not resist. He was saying, “This is part of My plan. I can’t reach My destiny without this betrayal, without being unjustly tried, and without being crucified.”

When we face hardships, bad breaks, and disappointments, it seems like the enemy is in control. We want to fight, resist, and get upset, but God is saying, “Don’t resist anymore. Don’t fight it, don’t live bitter, and don’t try to get even. I’m still directing your steps.” Yes, resist the sickness, resist the addiction, but don’t live upset. God didn’t stop what was unfair, because it’s leading you to your destiny. You don’t know what God is up to. You can’t see that on the other side of that crucifixion is a resurrection. On the other side of the betrayal, the sickness, or the disappointment is a new level of your destiny. Stop resisting and start trusting.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what challenges and setbacks I face, You have a plan for how to use them for my good. Thank You that You are working behind the scenes and bringing a resurrection to what I thought was holding me back. I believe that victory is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Feb 2023 07:21 #2967 by DrMike
No Deficit

Today's Scripture

“You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.” Genesis 50:20, NLT

For thirteen years it seemed as though Joseph’s life would end in a deep deficit. He was sold into slavery by brothers who should have loved him, falsely accused of a crime and put in prison by someone who should have trusted him, had a promise broken and was forgotten. Despite all these unfair things, and all the odds against him, Joseph suddenly went from prisoner to the prime minister of Egypt in a single day. God gave Joseph a payback and used it all to work out His plan for Joseph’s life.

You may be in a deficit now. Life hasn’t been fair, people left you out, a family member turned on you, the sickness set you back. You’re tempted to lose your passion, to give up on your dreams. But stay in peace and be your best, for your time is coming. God is about to do something unusual, something extraordinary. Suddenly you’re vindicated, suddenly you’re promoted, suddenly your crooked places are made straight. What is that? The power of the Most High settling your account.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that what so often looks and feels like an unsolvable deficit is really part of Your plan that moves me to my purpose. Thank You that it’s going to lead me into a new level of my destiny that I could never experience without it. I believe You will settle all my accounts. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Feb 2023 07:25 #2968 by DrMike
The Greatness Will Come Out

Today's Scripture

I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” Nehemiah 4:14, NIV

Nehemiah was the cupbearer to the king of Persia before he took up the cause of rebuilding the broken down walls of Jerusalem. He didn’t have wealth, experience, or resources, and when he got to Jerusalem, he faced all kinds of opposition. It was one thing after another. But when you’re cause-driven, when you have a mission, and you stay focused on it, the greatness God put on you is going to come out as it did in Nehemiah. Rather than take years to finish rebuilding the walls, he inspired the people to do it in just fifty-two days.

You can’t make sacrifices to help those around you without God helping you. You’re going to see favor that you’ve never seen. You’re going to come out of ordinary into the uncommon, into resources, influence, and opportunity like you’ve never imagined. You have to find your cause. Live for something bigger than yourself. The greatness in you will come out when you help others, when you build their dreams, when you support advancing the kingdom.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the plans and purposes that You have for me. Thank You that I can be a part of great causes, both small and big, and see Your favor beyond what I’ve imagined. I believe that the greatness You’ve put in me is going to come out. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Feb 2023 07:41 #2969 by DrMike
Great Wrongs

Today's Scripture

Alexander the coppersmith did me great wrongs. The Lord will pay him back for his actions. 2 Timothy 4:14, AMPC

While we don’t know what wrongs Alexander did to the apostle Paul, it’s interesting that what seems like a small detail would be left in the Scripture. God had it recorded so we would know how to respond when we go through something that’s unfair, when we’ve been wronged, when people take advantage of us. If you don’t understand that God will settle your accounts, you’ll get frustrated, try to get revenge, and manipulate things. Paul understood that you have to let God do the payback and settle your accounts. You have to trust Him when it’s not fair, keep honoring Him, knowing that justice will eventually be served.

Don’t have a victim mentality. Quit losing sleep over what someone did. Don’t give it any more time or attention. Instead of focusing on who did you wrong, what you didn’t get, how unfair something was, keep moving forward, being your best right where you are. Start thanking God, knowing that He sees what’s happened and will settle your account and right the wrongs.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You see everything that has happened to me, every unfair thing, including the Alexanders in my life. Thank You that I can let go of the wrongs and forgive quickly before frustration sets in. I declare that You will right the wrongs. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Feb 2023 08:17 #2970 by DrMike
Seek the Kingdom

Today's Scripture

David asked the men standing near him, “Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?” 1 Samuel 17:26, NIV

When David went out to face Goliath, his brothers made fun of him, his father didn’t think he had what it takes, and King Saul said he was too young and inexperienced. No one believed in him, but he didn’t go out to prove to them who he was. It wasn’t about proving; it was about fulfilling his purpose. He saw a giant defying the armies of the living God. If David had gone out just to prove himself to people, to show them he was a giant killer, to feed his ego, he wouldn’t have seen God’s favor. His motives were to advance the kingdom.

He wasn’t doing it for people’s applause, for fame, for influence, for a position. It was about honoring God. When you have the right motives in life, God will take your slingshot and cause you to defeat a giant. He’ll open doors you couldn’t open. He’ll cause you to look good, to be honored, to be admired. You weren’t seeking fame, trying to impress, trying to outperform; you were seeking the kingdom.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I put You and Your kingdom first and am doing the right thing, You make the right things fall into place. Thank You for Your promise that as I honor You, I am also fulfilling my purpose. Help me to live with the right motives and to be free from people pleasing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.177 seconds