Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 Dec 2022 07:20 #2911 by DrMike
“That Day”

Today's Scripture

That day the LORD made Joshua a great leader in the eyes of all the Israelites, and for the rest of his life they revered him as much as they had revered Moses. Joshua 4:14, NLT

As the Israelites were about to cross the Jordan River into the Promised Land, God told Joshua, “Today, I will begin to make you great in the eyes of all the Israelites.” God was saying, “Joshua, this is your moment. I’m about to endorse you. People are going to see the greatness I’ve put in you. You’ve been in the background serving Moses, being faithful, but today you’re coming into the foreground.” Not long after that, Joshua led the Israelites into the Promised Land, and “that day” the Lord established Joshua as their leader.

God has a “that day” for you, a time when He will cause you to stand out, where you will accomplish things you never dreamed you could accomplish. You will know it, and the people around you will see the greatness in you. You have talent, creativity, ability, courage, and strength, and it’s going to come out in a greater way. God wants to shine His glory through you and make you an example of His goodness.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for setting me apart as Your child to be favored, to bear Your endorsement, to be one of Your chosen ones. Thank You that You want to do great things in my life that will bring You glory. I believe that I have seeds of greatness that are coming out in greater ways. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Dec 2022 07:20 #2912 by DrMike
Mountains to Molehills

Today's Scripture

“So, big mountain, who do you think you are? Next to Zerubbabel you’re nothing but a molehill. He’ll proceed to set the Cornerstone in place, accompanied by cheers: Yes! Yes! Do it!” Zechariah 4:7, MSG

God put a dream in Zerubbabel to rebuild the destroyed temple in Jerusalem, but people were against him and got a decree from the Persian king that forced him to stop. For years it looked like it would never happen, but then he heard the prophecy in today’s Scripture. He was saying, “I have this big mountain in front of me, but it’s about to become a molehill.” How would it happen? Other translations say by shouting “Grace to it.” Another word for “grace” is “favor.” He was saying, “Yes, this obstacle is big, but I have the favor of God to overcome and finish this project.” He didn’t talk about his mountain. He talked to his molehill.

When you face challenges, speak favor over them. Look at your bank account and speak favor to it. Speak favor over your health. Speak favor over your promotion. It’s not enough to just pray about it or just believe. What’s going to turn the mountain into a molehill is by speaking grace to it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter how big the mountain of obstacles is, I have Your favor to overcome it. Thank You that favor is making my crooked places straight and defeating what comes against me. I will speak grace to my mountains and see them turn into molehills. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

07 Dec 2022 07:49 #2913 by DrMike
Choose Your Battles Wisely

Today's Scripture

Take control of what I say, O LORD, and guard my lips. Psalm 141:3, NLT

In 1 Samuel 17, when David heard the giant Goliath taunting the army of the Israelites, he had come there to deliver food to his brothers. His oldest brother, Eliab, heard him ask some soldiers what the reward would be for the man who killed Goliath, and he tried to embarrass David. He was saying, “You’re just a little shepherd boy who’s conceited and has a wicked heart.” Now, David had killed a lion and a bear, but it says David just walked away. If he had gotten into an argument with Eliab, trying to prove he was a champion, he may have never faced Goliath and gained immediate prominence.

You have to learn to walk away from petty arguments, from disrespect, from jealous people, from battles that don’t matter. If the thing that comes against you is not between you and your destiny, ignore it. If you make the mistake of engaging in every conflict, you’re not going to have time for the battles that do matter. Choose your battles wisely.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my defender, and You will protect my reputation as I keep on honoring You. Give me wisdom to know when something that is coming against me is simply a distraction that will get me off course. Help me to guard my lips and not get involved in battles that don’t matter. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Dec 2022 07:03 #2914 by DrMike
Out of the Box

Today's Scripture

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. Isaiah 30:18, NIV

Sometimes we think it’s selfish to ask God for big things—to pay your house off, to own your own company, to be healed of a sickness. The enemy would love to convince us to only pray small prayers and only believe for little things. Don’t believe those lies. Our God is an all-powerful God. He longs to be gracious to you. He doesn’t say, “Who do you think you are? Don’t you know there are people who need My blessing a lot more than you?” It’s just the opposite. That bold prayer gets God’s attention. That’s your faith being released. That’s when He’ll pour out blessings that you can’t contain, open doors that you never imagined would open. Yes, it’s good to ask for your needs, but are you asking for your dreams, are you praying any bold, audacious, out-of-the-box prayers?

God is saying, “I created the universe, I parted the Red Sea, and I opened blind eyes. When you come to Me, ask for big things, knowing that I’m a big God.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the all-powerful God who longs to be gracious to me and show me compassion. Thank You that it is Your pleasure to give me the kingdom, to answer big prayers. I am coming to You with some bold, out-of-the-box prayers. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Dec 2022 06:50 #2915 by DrMike
Turn It Around

Today's Scripture

“But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last.” Job 19:25, NLT

Job went through a great trial of his faith. Although he’d done nothing wrong, he lost his children, his business, and his health in a short period of time. At first, he got discouraged and started to get bitter, but Job turned it around. When it seemed as though he had lost all hope, he looked up to the heavens and said, “But I know my Redeemer lives.” He was saying, “I know God is still on the throne and will vindicate me.” Job made the decision to put on a fresh new attitude, and when he passed the test, he eventually came out with twice what he had before.

In difficult times, it’s tempting to get sour. You have to draw a line in the sand and say, “I am not going to let hurts and disappointments poison me with a bad attitude and keep me from becoming who I was created to be.” You have to let it go. It’s over and done. Move forward. That’s what allows God to bring you out better.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what I go through, You are my Redeemer and my vindicator. Thank You that You can bring me out of difficulties better off than I was before they showed up. Help me to declare that You live and are on the throne in the tough times. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Dec 2022 07:30 #2916 by DrMike
Shovel the Dirt Off

Today's Scripture

Then he walked over to the coffin and touched it, and the bearers stopped. “Young man,” he said, “I tell you, get up.” Then the dead boy sat up and began to talk! Luke 7:14–15, NLT

I wonder how many times we’ve buried things alive. We tried, but the door to our dream didn’t open, and now we’re convinced it’s dead. We bury relationships. “Our marriage is done. We don’t get along.” We bury God’s promises. “I’ll never get well. I’ll never break the addiction.” At one time we believed, but now we don’t see any signs of life, so we buried it. But the good news is that God is going to wake up some things you thought were dead.

Those dreams you’ve buried, you need to dig them back up. Start believing again. Every circumstance may say, “You’ll never get well.” But when you say, “Father, thank You that You’re restoring health to me,” you’re shoveling the dirt off. When thoughts tell you, “You’ve gone as far as you can,” turn it around and say, “Father, You say my latter days will be greater than my former days.” That’s how you remove the dirt, and you’ll see a dream that you’ve buried come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the dreams and promises and relationships You put in my heart. Thank You that I can shovel the dirt off them and know that You can wake up what I thought was dead. I declare that it is never too late to see my dreams come to pass. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Dec 2022 06:34 #2917 by DrMike
Take the Pressure Off

Today's Scripture

“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” Matthew 6:34, NLT

When we face challenges to which we don’t see an answer, many times there’s a voice constantly whispering, “What are you going to do?” With it comes the pressure to solve it, but when you’re comfortable not knowing the answer, it takes the pressure off. Somebody says, “I heard about your problem. What are you going to do?” Your answer should be, “I don’t know, but I am at peace knowing the One who does, and He says to not worry about it.”

If there’s something about your health, your marriage, or your finances that you don’t have an answer to, quit trying to figure it out. Take the same time that you would normally spend worrying and wondering about it, and use it to thank God that He’s working. Thank Him that He’s making crooked places straight. Thank Him that all things are working for your good. God is going to not just bring promises to pass, not just turn problems around, but it’s going to turn out better than you imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I do not have to keep being trapped in worry about things over which I have no control. Thank You that just as You clothe the lilies of the fields, You will provide me with exactly what I need when I need it. I choose to rest, knowing that You will work it for my good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878\
Attachments:

14 Dec 2022 06:59 #2918 by DrMike
This Can Be Your Legacy

Today's Scripture

“For my own honor and for the sake of my servant David, I will defend this city and protect it.” 2 Kings 19:34, NLT

In 2 Kings 19, King Hezekiah, one of David’s descendants, was on the throne in Judah. The powerful Assyrian army was about to attack Jerusalem, and Hezekiah didn’t stand a chance. But when he prayed and asked God to help them, that very night an angel destroyed 185,000 in the Assyrian camp, and the Assyrian king went home. Hezekiah was so thrilled, and I can imagine he wondered why God had given him such favor. Today’s Scripture answers that: “for the sake of my servant David.” This took place nearly three hundred years after David died, yet David’s legacy of seeds of obedience, seeds of helping others, and seeds of honoring God were still producing fruit in his family line.

Every time you help someone in need and make sacrifices for them to go further, you’re sowing a seed not only for you to go further, but for those who come after you in your family line to go further. They will see favor and protection because you made decisions that honor God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the remarkable possibility that the seeds of obedience and of helping others I am sowing today can continue to bless my descendants for many generations. Help me to leave a legacy that honors You and produces good fruit long after I am gone. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Dec 2022 07:33 #2919 by DrMike
Royalty

Today's Scripture

So they answered, “As you are, so were they; each one resembled the son of a king.” Judges 8:18, NKJV

In Judges 6, an angel told Gideon that he was to go out and save the Israelites from an invading army. Gideon responded, “I can’t do that. I come from the poorest family, and I’m the least one in my father’s house. I’m not good enough.” He didn’t realize he was royalty. A few chapters later, when Gideon was talking with his defeated enemies about some fellow soldiers he was trying to find, he asked them what the men looked like. They said, “They looked like you, like a king’s son.” Gideon had felt inadequate, but even his enemies could see he was royalty.

You may feel as though you don’t measure up. It’s causing you to shrink back, to not pursue your dreams. You may not be able to see it, but even the enemy knows you’re royalty. Why don’t you step up to who you were created to be? You’re the King’s child. You’ve been born into His family and a new life. Now, do your part and start having a son mentality.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the new life I’ve received from You is a life of royalty. Thank You that even the enemy must recognize that I am Your child. I believe that You have put a robe of righteousness on me, and that I can step up and become everything You want me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Dec 2022 08:02 #2920 by DrMike
Put Your Robe On

Today's Scripture

“But his father said to the servants, ‘Quick! Bring the finest robe in the house and put it on him. Get a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet.’” Luke 15:22, NLT

In the story of the prodigal son in Luke 15, the young man took his father’s inheritance, wasted it all on wild living, and ended up destitute on a pig farm. When he returned home in hopes of becoming a servant, his father was so overjoyed that he gave him the best robe, a ring, and new sandals. Immediately, the son didn’t look like the guy from the pig pen. He looked like a celebrated son of honor.

This shows us the heart of God. Even when we’ve made mistakes and brought trouble upon ourselves, He doesn’t want us to look like what we’ve been through. He doesn’t want you to live in the constant memory of the failure, the hurt, the injustice. God still says to get the best robe. He still restores back to a place of honor. Your part is to receive the mercy of your heavenly Father. Shake off the guilt, put on your robe of honor, and rejoice. Nobody is going to be able to tell what you’ve been through.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your heart of compassion, love, and restoring mercy. Thank You that You forgive and redeem me, imperfect as I am, and that every mistake I’ve made has already been paid for by Jesus on the cross. I believe that You robe me in Your righteousness and honor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.981 seconds