Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Sep 2022 06:08 #2861 by DrMike
It Shall Be Well

Today's Scripture

“Say to the righteous that it shall be well with them…” Isaiah 3:10, NKJV

There is always a lot of fear and panic in the world. Think of the feelings people still have when someone mentions “coronavirus.” But that virus didn’t stop your destiny. Challenges like that come against you, but God says, “It shall be well with you.” You had a setback in your finances. Your business is suffering. You don’t know how you’re going to make it. God is your provider. He feeds the birds of the air. He knows how to take care of you. New opportunities are going to come looking for you.

Let this phrase sink down in your spirit: “It shall be well with you.” God is going to work out whatever you are facing. He is in control. It’s just a matter of time before you make it through. Live from a place of peace, a place of trust. If you do this, I believe and declare the forces that are trying to stop you are being broken. Things are changing in your favor. All will be well with you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who sees every unexpected and uncertain circumstance I will ever face. I declare that I will live from a place of peace and that my trust is firmly set in You. I believe that all is well today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Sep 2022 07:46 #2862 by DrMike
Walk in Humility

Today’s Scripture

“...And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!” (Philippians 2:8, NIV)

Did you know that even Jesus had to humble Himself. It takes humility to walk in obedience. Without humility, Jesus could have thought, I’m the Son of God. I don’t have to put up with the way people treat Me. I’m not going to the cross. It was humility that caused Him to not retaliate against those who did Him wrong. Because of His humility, He could spend His life serving others when He had every right to be served. Because of His humility, He could hang on the cross and say, “Father, forgive them. They don’t know what they’re doing.”

When you humble yourself and do hard things that you know God is asking you to do—forgive the person who did you wrong, honor your spouse’s request, take advice from somebody who doesn’t have your experience—your obedience will bring a blessing. As Jesus did, do what God is asking you to do. Don’t reason it out; just do it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus was willing to come to earth as a man and then humble Himself even further by becoming obedient to the point of death. Help me to humble myself whenever pride rises up to keep me from being obedient. I want to walk in humility. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

05 Sep 2022 08:08 #2863 by DrMike
Out of Season

Today’s Scripture

“…Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert...” (Isaiah 35:6, NIV)

There are times when things aren’t going your way, business is down, the medical report isn’t good. It’s not your season. The good news is that God specializes in doing things out of season. He doesn’t wait for the perfect circumstances to line up, for you to have the training, for the right people to believe in you. He does things unexpectedly. He’ll make water pour out in your dry places and cause you to blossom out of season. What happened? God blessed you out of season.

Do you feel out of season as though you’re stuck in some area? Stay encouraged. God has you in the palms of His hands. Get ready for an “out of season” blessing, for an “it’s beyond my imagination” healing, for an “it doesn’t make sense” promotion. God is about to do something unusual, something that’s bigger than you’ve dreamed, where you’re going to say, “Wow, God! I didn’t see that coming!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are not limited by seasons or the right conditions to be in place in order for You to do what You want. Thank You that You’re always working behind the scenes on my behalf. I believe that You will bless me out of season. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

06 Sep 2022 05:25 #2864 by DrMike
Blessed in the Dark Places

Today’s Scripture

“…If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God...” (Isaiah 50:10, NLT)

All of us at some point will go through a dark place—a sickness, a divorce, a loss, a child who breaks our heart. It’s easy to get discouraged, give up on our dreams, and think that’s the end. But God uses the dark places. They’re a part of His divine plan. Think of a seed. As long as a seed remains in the light, it cannot germinate and will never become what it was created to be. The seed must be planted in the soil, in a dark place, so that the potential on the inside will come to life.

You may not realize it, but it’s only in the dark places that the seeds of greatness in you—dreams, goals, talents, potential—will come to life. These times of darkness are where your character is developed, where you learn to trust God and persevere, and where you gain blessings you cannot gain in the light.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the seeds of greatness that You’ve placed in me that will only come to life in dark places. Thank You for using the times of darkness to build my character and bring me blessings. I will rely on You in the dark places. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer, and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

07 Sep 2022 04:16 #2865 by DrMike
Keep Doing the Right Thing

Today's Scripture

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. Hebrews 10:36, NLT

In the book of Genesis, Joseph was betrayed by his brothers, sold into slavery, falsely accused of a crime, and put in prison. It was thirteen years of injustice and disappointments. But he kept doing the right thing until one day he was suddenly called out of the prison to interpret Pharaoh’s dream and subsequently made the prime minister of Egypt.

God wasn’t asking Joseph to defeat his brothers, to escape his captors, to prove his innocence, or to break out of prison. God was simply asking him to outlast the opposition. All this had to happen for him to reach his destiny. God is not asking you to overcome some of the challenges you face that are unfair and seem to not be changing. He’s just asking you to outlast them. When you’ve passed the test, the promotion will come looking for you, the healing will come, the right person will find you. It’s all a part of His plan. It’s necessary to get you to your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You don’t ask me to overcome every challenge I face, but rather to simply outlast them. Help me to have patient endurance, to accept Your timing, and to rest in the fact that it’s all part of Your process. I declare that You will work Your good plan for my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

08 Sep 2022 06:52 #2866 by DrMike
Time for a Name Change

Today's Scripture

God also said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah.” Genesis 17:15, NIV

Sarai had been childless for ninety years when God promised her that she and Abraham would have a son. He also changed her name to Sarah, which means “princess.” If anyone didn’t feel like a princess or special, it would have been Sarah. She could have said, “I’ll never have a baby. Just call me Sarai. I’m not a princess.” But when she accepted the name change, she was saying, “This seems impossible, but if God says I’m a princess, I’m getting in agreement with Him.” She started believing, which is when something came alive inside, and God brought the promise to pass.

Have you let circumstances in your health, or your finances, or a relationship tell you who you are? Have you let negative thoughts label you as a failure, not good enough or smart enough? God is changing your name to blessed, prosperous, healthy, forgiven, confident, royalty, a child of the Most High God. Now do your part and keep calling yourself what God calls you. You will become what you believe.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that what seems impossible always remains possible with You. Thank You that You have made me into royalty and crowned me as blessed, redeemed, and forgiven. I believe that You have given me a new name, and I am becoming who You say I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

09 Sep 2022 08:28 #2867 by DrMike
Serve with Excellence

Today's Scripture

“And if you have not been faithful with what belongs to someone else, who will give you what is your own?” Luke 16:12, HCSB

You may have a dream of one day having your own business or ministry, but right now you’re working for someone else. You’re in a proving season. I’ve heard it said that you have to carry a crown before you can wear one. In other words, you have to do all you can to serve someone else with excellence, help build their dream and be successful. Today’s Scripture says that if you’re not faithful to give your best where you are, the door won’t open for you— “who will give you what is your own?” Every day when you go to work and give it your all, every time you sing in the choir, every time you help your friend with their project, you’re being faithful to another person’s dream. You’re showing God that He can trust you with your own.

God has a crown for you. He wants to take you higher, to give you opportunities and influence like you’ve never seen. The question is, are you helping somebody else succeed?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have a crown for me, that You’re taking me higher step by step. Thank You that as I make it my daily business to serve others faithfully, You are leading me to my destiny. I believe that You will give me opportunities like I’ve never seen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Sep 2022 11:17 #2868 by DrMike
Your Record Is Cleared

Today's Scripture

“Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of sin.” Romans 4:8, NLT

Don’t go through life beating yourself up, thinking about everything you’ve done wrong, dwelling on your mistakes and failures. When you make a mistake, go to God and ask for forgiveness, then move on. Don’t keep bringing up the same failures. The first time you asked, God not only forgave you, but He doesn’t remember it any more. When you ask Him to forgive you again for the same thing, God says, “What are you talking about? I have no record of that.” When God forgave you, He deleted your files. He doesn’t have a big server up in heaven where He’s keeping a backup copy just in case He changes His mind. Today’s Scripture says He has cleared your record.

How long are you going to let the accuser keep you feeling guilty and condemned? My declaration is “no more.” This is a new day. Enter into the joy of knowing that you are a child of the Most High God and your record is clear—no judgment, no condemnation.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who has cleared my record of sin and deleted my files. Thank You that You’re not counting my sins against me and that I am covered by Your mercy. I declare that I am free from all guilt and condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Sep 2022 07:55 #2869 by DrMike
It's Only Temporary

Today’s Scripture

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)

In this world, we all have troubles and trials, but aren’t you glad that scripture promises that they are only temporary? Today’s verse tells us they are momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles won’t last long at all! The second part of this verse tells us that when we stand strong in faith during times of adversity, we are building that faith and achieving eternal glory. When you confess your trust and reliance on God, you are passing the test!

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that Jesus is the author and finisher of your faith. He is the one who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you as you yield yourself to Him. Your part is to seek Him daily. Follow His commands. Open your heart and choose to speak His Word which is alive and active. Remember, your trials are only temporary, but His eternal glory outweighs it all!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You, knowing that my trials and troubles are temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

14 Sep 2022 04:56 #2870 by DrMike
The Keys to Freedom

Today’s Scripture

"I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." (Revelation 1:18, NIV)

Have you ever been locked out of your car or house? It can be very frustrating, not to mention inconvenient. Not having your keys can keep you stuck and unproductive. It steals your time and can steal your peace and joy if you let it.

On a spiritual level, we need keys to access what God has for us—eternal life, peace, freedom and blessing. But we don’t have to stand on the outside of blessing, living in frustration. Jesus holds the keys, and He has opened the way for us to walk from death to life. We don’t have to live in defeat, mediocrity, sickness, sin or any kind of bondage any longer. He has given us the keys to abundant life!

Today, if you feel stuck, locked out or defeated, remember, Jesus is the One who holds the keys to your freedom. All you have to do is call on His name and He will answer. He promises to hear you and deliver you. Receive His salvation, receive hope, and receive the freedom and victory He came to give.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I come boldly to You. Thank You for giving me life through Your Son, Jesus. I surrender every area of my heart to You and ask that You make me whole and complete. Set me free and teach me to walk in Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen."

I will be out of town for the COFA fall retreat, and COFA tips will resume on Thursday, September 22nd.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds