Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

13 Jun 2022 07:33 #2811 by DrMike
It’s Not Just for You

Today's Scripture

Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants!” Daniel 3:28, NIV

In Daniel 3, when three Hebrew teenagers wouldn’t bow to King Nebuchadnezzar’s golden idol, they were thrown into a fiery furnace. They should have perished instantly, but they were miraculously spared. After the teenagers came out unharmed, King Nebuchadnezzar, who had been against them and everything they stood for, was giving God praise. Why? God displayed awesome power through those teenagers so other people would be changed.

That’s what God is going to do for you. You can try to convince some people about your faith, debate with them, but words don’t always affect people. He’s going to open doors you can’t open, thrust you to new levels, and cause you to overcome what looks impossible so they will know the Lord is on your side. God is not going to do this all in private. He’s going to give you a public sign, something so amazing that people notice. As with Nebuchadnezzar, they will want what you have. Every morning, get up and say, “God, display Your awesome power through me today.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when the challenges I face look bigger, stronger, and more powerful than I can handle, You will show out with Your power so others will know that You are God. Thank You that You are on my side. Display Your power through me today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2022 06:27 #2812 by DrMike
True Humility

Today's Scripture

True humility and fear of the LORD lead to riches, honor, and long life. Proverbs 22:4, NLT

When you walk in humility, you reverence God, you ask Him for guidance, you trust Him with your dreams, you honor Him by putting Him first in all your ways. That means to make pleasing Him the aim of your life, to always hunger and thirst after righteousness, to treat people with respect, to be a person of integrity, and to strive to do the right thing when no one is watching. When you do that, God promises you honor, wealth, and long life.

One way you reverence God is by bringing the tithe, the first ten percent of your income to the house of the Lord. When you do that, it says that “God will open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that you cannot contain.” Make sure you’re doing your part; make sure you’re keeping God first place, and He promises a blessing on your life that causes you to prosper. His favor will cause you to increase, to rise higher, and to accomplish things beyond your own ability.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the blessings that always follow when I walk in humility and put You first in all my ways. Show me if there is anything that is holding me back from the honor and wealth and long life You have promised. I believe that Your favor will be poured out on my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

15 Jun 2022 06:46 #2813 by DrMike
Ignore Distractions

Today's Scripture

And they regarded Saul with contempt and did not bring him a gift. But he ignored the insult and kept silent. 1 Samuel 10:27, AMP

In 1 Samuel 10, after Saul was chosen to be the first king of Israel, most of the people were happy and congratulated him. But when Saul went back home, some of the people spoke of him with contempt and despised him. They said he didn’t have what it took to be king, and they tried to push him down. Saul refused to waste his time with these small-minded people who didn’t value who he was or respect the talent and favor on his life. He simply chose to ignore them.

If you’re going to reach your destiny, you have to get good at ignoring negative comments, criticism, insults, and naysayers. They don’t control your destiny. They are distractions to try to keep you from God’s best. Instead of being upset over who’s not for you and frustrated over who’s trying to make you look bad, ignore them. Jealous people can’t keep you from your destiny. Small-minded people can’t stop your purpose. That’s not a battle you have to fight. Let God vindicate you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God, and You hold my destiny in Your hands. Thank You that You are my great defender when I come under personal criticism and attack. Help me to ignore insignificant distractions that try to keep me from Your best. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Jun 2022 08:56 #2814 by DrMike
As Strong as Ever

Today's Scripture

Moses was 120 years old when he died, yet his eyesight was clear, and he was as strong as ever. Deuteronomy 34:7, NLT

When Moses was 120 years old, it was his time to die. God told him to climb to the top of Mount Nebo, and that’s where he would pass. You would think at his age, Moses would be frail and weak, his knees would hurt, and his eyesight would be poor. You would think he would say, “God, I can’t climb a mountain.” But Moses was still strong as a young man, still healthy when God took him.

One of the names of God in the Scripture is Jehovah Rapha, which means “the Lord your healer.” You may know Him as a Savior, which is great, but He wants you to know Him as a healer as well. Get rid of the notion that as you age, you’re going to get frail, be overcome by sickness, and unable to move. Say “No, thanks” to that. Trust God to keep you strong and healthy, still climbing mountains, still taking new ground, still making the world a better place.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have come into my life as my Savior, as my provider, and as my healer. Thank You for making it so clear that You are Jehovah Rapha, and that it is Your will to heal and restore. I will trust You to keep me strong and healthy, always taking new ground. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Jun 2022 06:27 #2815 by DrMike
Running Over

Today's Scripture

My cup runs over Psalm 23:5, NKJV

David says, “My cup runs over.” When you pour water into a cup, you stop when the cup is full. You’re limited by the cup’s size. But God says, “When I pour out a blessing, I’m not limited by your capacity to receive.” Our dreams and our cup of faith may be small. If God only blessed us according to how much we believe, we would be limited. If it was just up to us, we would never experience God’s promise: “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think.” But God is so good, He says, “Even when you have a little cup of faith, that’s not going to stop Me from the big blessing I have in store.” Get ready. He’s not going to stop pouring at the top of your cup. He’s going to give you a running-over blessing. He will bless you way beyond what you have faith for. Believe that the day is not just coming, but this is the day.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You want my cup to run over with blessings that go way beyond what I have faith for. Thank You that You just keep pouring and pouring Your grace and favor into my life. I believe that You are going to do exceedingly abundantly above all I can ask or think. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Jun 2022 03:37 #2816 by DrMike
Mistakes Don’t Define You

Today's Scripture

…but the angel said, “Don’t be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead!... Now go and tell his disciples, including Peter, that Jesus is going ahead of you to Galilee.” Mark 16:6–7, NLT

When Jesus was on trial before His crucifixion, Peter denied that he knew Jesus three times. Peter was so bitterly disappointed in himself, so ashamed of being a coward. Soon after that, they crucified Jesus. Peter never had the chance to tell Him he was sorry. He had to live with the guilt. But when three women found Jesus’ tomb was empty, an angel told them to go tell His disciples and Peter that He was alive. The only disciple specifically pointed out was Peter. God was showing us, “I don’t define you by your mistakes. I don’t cancel your destiny because you’ve failed.” And fifty days later, it was Peter who gave the inaugural message that birthed the Church.

You may have made mistakes and failed, as Peter did, but you have to learn to forgive yourself. Quit remembering what God has forgiven and forgotten. His mercy is bigger than any mistake you’ve made. God is saying, “Get back in the game. You can still do what I called you to do.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I make mistakes and fail that Your mercy still covers me. Thank You that You forgive and forget my sins the moment that I ask You. I am saying good-bye to the guilt and the shame of the past and believing You have something awesome in my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Jun 2022 06:15 #2817 by DrMike
Through, Over, or Around

Today's Scripture

For by You I can run through a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. Psalm 18:29, AMPC

People can’t lock you out of your destiny. God is your doorkeeper—not your boss, not your banker, not your neighbor, not your critics, not your enemies. They may shut a door, but God can take you right through it. He can make things happen that don’t make sense. He doesn’t have to open it. He may not do it a traditional way. God can take you around what’s blocking you. He can take you over someone who’s trying to stop you. He can move someone out of the way who’s holding you back. What God has destined for your life will override anyone or anything trying to stop you.

You just keep honoring God, being your best, and He will get you to where you need to be. Trust His timing. Don’t be impatient because a door hasn’t opened yet. God knows what He’s doing. He’s not going to let you miss out. Stay in peace; your time is coming. Closed doors can’t keep you from your purpose.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that other people and circumstances cannot keep me from what You have purposed for me. Thank You that You are the doorkeeper of my life. I believe that You will take me through or over or around whatever stands in my way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

22 Jun 2022 06:49 #2818 by DrMike
A Triumph Story

Today's Scripture

Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV

You may think you’re finished, you missed your destiny, you made too big of a mistake, but today’s Scripture makes it clear that God’s plan for you does not end in defeat, in mediocrity, in addictions, or in injustice. Your story ends in triumph. You’re not going to understand everything that happens, but you can be confident that God sees the end from the beginning. Sometimes He has to lead you backward in order to take you forward. He has to dig down deep, so He can get you prepared for how high He’s taking you. He has to prune you, so you can bloom. If you stay in faith, you’re going to see how it all works out for your good. If there are things that are holding you back, things that are out of place, things that are messy, don’t get discouraged. God is saying, “You’re right on schedule to triumph. Your story is not finished. I’m still working on you. What I started I’m going to bring to completion.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that You always lead me to triumph through Jesus. Thank You that You are using all of the challenges to work for my good. I’m going to stay in peace, knowing that no obstacle that stands in my way can stop Your plan. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Jun 2022 06:55 #2819 by DrMike
When There’s No Way

Today's Scripture

Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Romans 4:19, NIV

When Abraham received God’s promise that he and Sarah would have a son, all the circumstances around him said, “Your body is dead, and so is Sarah’s womb. There’s no way. It’s never happened before.” But here’s the key: He wasn’t moved by what he saw. He didn’t consider his circumstances; he considered his God. The next verse says that Abraham grew strong in faith by giving praise to God. He kept himself in an attitude of faith, of praise, of thanksgiving, always considering how big God is, until his baby boy came.

You may have situations that look like they’ll never work out. You don’t see how your business will make it, how your health will improve, how your child will get back on course. If you only consider what you see, what you don’t have, or who’s against you, you’ll get discouraged and give up. Keep believing when you’re not seeing. Keep praising, keep giving thanks, keep declaring the promise, and He will make it happen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God, and Your power can turn impossible circumstances around and bring an abundance of favor. Thank You that I walk by faith and not by sight. I am going to keep believing, keep praising, and looking to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Jun 2022 07:20 #2820 by DrMike
You Win

Today's Scripture

With your arms raised in triumph over your foes, your enemies will be no more! Micah 5:9, MSG

In the Scripture, why did David’s father leave him out in the shepherds’ fields when Samuel came to anoint one of his sons to be the next king? Why did he look down on David as not good enough and disrespect him as unworthy? Why was David’s oldest brother jealous of him, and why did he belittle David and try to hold him back? David wasn’t intimidating or a threat to him. But the enemy can see things in you that you may not see. The enemy knew David had seeds of greatness in him. He knew David was a giant killer. That’s why he came against David so strongly to keep him from his destiny.

There may be obstacles trying to stop you now. You wonder why it’s happening. It’s because there’s greatness in you. The enemy wouldn’t come against you if you weren’t a threat. Now do your part and stay in faith. In this fight for your future, it’s not just up to you. God is fighting for you. You will triumph!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for every time You have helped me and refused to let the enemy triumph over me. Thank You that when the enemy comes against me, You are fighting for me. I believe that my future is safely in Your hands and that the difficulties are about to give way to breakthroughs. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.741 seconds