Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Mar 2022 04:28 #2761 by DrMike
Keep Praying

Today's Scripture

One day Jesus told his disciples a story to illustrate their need for constant prayer and to show them that they must keep praying until the answer comes. (Luke 18:1, TLB)

From the time you ask God for help with a need in your life until the time it comes to pass is called “the trial of your faith.” That’s when it’s easy to get discouraged and give up on what you’re believing for. When it’s taking longer than you thought, it’s easy to talk yourself out of it and think, “I tried. I did my best. It’s just not meant to be.” No, keep praying, keep believing. It may not have happened yet, but what God promised you, He’s still going to bring to pass. God is working behind the scenes in answer to your prayers and is about to break stubborn things. God is about to break down those strongholds that have held you back and look permanent. Suddenly, things are going to turn around. Suddenly, you’re going to be free from that addiction. Suddenly, that depression is going to be broken. Suddenly, your business is going to take off. Keep praying. Keep praising. Keep believing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the great promises and the desires You have put on my heart that I can bring to You and ask You for. Thank You for the clear word to keep praying until the answer comes. I believe that my times are in Your hands, and You will answer in Your perfect timing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2022 06:57 #2762 by DrMike
Who Surrounds You?

Today's Scripture

Then the officers shall add, “Is anyone afraid or fainthearted? Let him go home so that his fellow soldiers will not become disheartened too.” (Deuteronomy 20:8, NIV)

Before the people of Israel went out to battle, God told the leaders to separate out anyone who was afraid and fainthearted. He knew that fear would spread and dishearten others, keeping the army from victory. The spirits and attitudes of the people around you are transferable. You’re going to become like the people you’re around. Another Scripture says that if you walk with wise men, you will become wise. Notice it happens in the positive and in the negative.

You have to be selective with whom you choose to spend your time. If they’re negative and critical, if they compromise and don’t have integrity, they’re feeding you the wrong things. They’re going to keep you from going to the next level. You don’t have to make a big announcement to them, but you need to spend less and less time with them. If you don’t separate yourself from the wrong people, you’ll never meet the right people. You should surround yourself with people who inspire you, challenge you, and cause you to grow.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for how You use the right people to challenge and inspire me to grow and be my best. Help me to be honest with myself and bold in being selective with whom I spend my time. I trust You to bring the right people into my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

31 Mar 2022 06:39 #2763 by DrMike
Break with the Past

Today's Scripture

Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.” (Exodus 14:13, NIV)

After Pharaoh let the Israelites leave Egypt, he came chasing after them because he thought he owned them as slaves. In other words, the past came chasing after them, reminding them of what they had been. The past will always come chasing after you. The mistakes you’ve made, the disappointments, the failures, and the hurts will say, “You’re not a child of God. Look what you’ve been through. It wasn’t fair. You prayed, and it didn’t work out.” The enemy would love for you to be a slave to your past. He wants you to live feeling guilty, discouraged, and with a chip on your shoulder. Don’t fall into that trap. Nothing that’s happened in your past and nothing that you’ve done have to keep you from the good things God has in store. He has mercy for our mistakes. He has new beginnings. Quit thinking and reliving the past for this is a new day. If you let go of the old, you’ll see the next levels God has in store.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the negative things of my past have no right to hold me back from the good things You have in store for me. Thank You that I am Your child and a slave to nothing. I declare that I am letting go of the past and moving up to the next level You have for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Apr 2022 06:59 #2764 by DrMike
Where Is Your Focus?

Today's Scripture

For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you. (2 Chronicles 20:12, ESV)

King Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah were surrounded by three major armies. They could have panicked, but instead Jehoshaphat called people together to pray. He didn't deny the facts or act like the problem didn't exist. He admitted they were powerless, but he followed it up with, But our eyes are on You, God. You are all-powerful. When you keep God on the throne, you'll be in peace when you could be panicked.

You'll be praising when you could be complaining. God told Jehoshaphat to march toward the enemy, and he appointed singers of praise to walk ahead of the army. The Lord worked a mighty victory, and they didn't even have to fight. Your problems may look too big, and you may be powerless, but you have the most powerful force in the universe on your side. Keep God on the throne. You may not know what to do, but when your eyes are upon Him, He'll make a way where you don't see a way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are in control of all the situations in my life, and You are fighting my battles. I choose to guard my mind from worrisome, anxious thoughts that trap me in negativity and discouragement. The throne of my life is reserved for You. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Apr 2022 07:24 #2765 by DrMike
Don’t Discount Your Gift

Today's Scripture

“The master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’” Matthew 25:23, NLT

In the parable of the talents that Jesus told in Matthew 25, the owner gave one man one talent, another man two talents, and another man five talents. It seems like if God was fair, He would’ve given them all the same number, but God is sovereign. He might give you five talents and give me two talents. He’s God. I can complain about the two, try to compete with you and outperform you, but you still have five and I have two. A better approach is to say, “God, I’m not going to try to be someone who I’m not. I’m going to take these two talents and be the best I can be.”

Don’t discount the gift God has put in you. Compared to others, it may feel insignificant to you, but there is nothing ordinary about you. You may not have what someone else has, but God has put greatness in you. If you faithfully develop the gift you have, that gift will open doors to places you’ve never dreamed.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are sovereign in the gift and the calling You have given me. Thank You that the gift and creativity and dreams You have given me are all I need to make my mark on this generation. I will celebrate and develop all that You have given me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Apr 2022 08:38 #2766 by DrMike
One Act of Kindness

Today's Scripture

It so happened that Aram, on one of its raiding expeditions against Israel, captured a young girl who became a maid to Naaman’s wife. One day she said to her mistress, “Oh, if only my master could meet the prophet of Samaria, he would be healed of his skin disease.” 2 Kings 5:2–3, MSG

Naaman was the commander of the Syrian army that had captured a young Israelite girl and brought her back as his wife’s maid. You can imagine how her life was turned upside down. Taken from her family and friends into a foreign country, she barely understood the language. Her hopes and dreams were shattered, and it’s all because of Naaman. You would think she hated him. But whenever he came home and took off his armor, hidden underneath was the leprosy, eating away his body. She could have thought, “I hope you die. You wrecked my life.” But instead, she was full of mercy and offered the remedy through which he was completely healed. All because she showed kindness to someone who had done her wrong.

It’s easy to hold a grudge, try to pay someone back, ignore them, and make them suffer, but all that does is hold you down. Jesus says, “God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.” Be good to someone who doesn’t deserve it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for showing me Your mercy over and over again when I didn’t begin to deserve it. Help me to have a heart that is free from being vindictive toward others who have done me wrong. I want to pass the test and be good to those who don’t deserve it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Apr 2022 06:41 #2767 by DrMike
Mind-Boggling

Today's Scripture

That is what is meant by Scriptures which say that no mere man has ever seen, heard, or even imagined what wonderful things God has ready for those who love the Lord 1 Corinthians 2:9, TLB

God’s dream for your life is so much bigger than your own. What He has in your future is going to boggle your mind. You can’t imagine the places He’s going to take you, the people you’re going to meet, the levels you’re going to reach. Today’s Scripture says that if you think you’ve reached your limits, you better think again. God is about to take you into overflow, into abundance, into more than enough. Whatever level you’re at, get ready, another level is coming. What you haven’t seen or imagined is on the way.

Circumstances may be against you, but the Most High God is for you. He’s working behind the scenes. Things are happening that you can’t see. Keep being faithful. Keep doing the right thing. Keep going to work with a good attitude. God is your source. I can assure you He’s keeping the records. Your time is coming. It’s God taking pleasure in prospering you. It’s God shining His favor on you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You take pleasure in providing for my prosperity and health and well-being. Thank You that You are the Most High God, and that Your dream for my life is much bigger than my own. I will keep doing the right thing and being faithful. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Apr 2022 08:07 #2768 by DrMike
Why Are You Favored?

Today's Scripture

“Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?” Esther 4:14, NLT

Esther was a Jewish orphan girl who was living in exile in Persia. It didn’t look as though she would ever do anything great. But God raised her up to become the queen over many other women who came from wealth, influence, and beauty. God’s favor caused her to stand out, and it shows that favor is more powerful than your résumé. Favor took her from the back to the front. Later, Esther used her position to save the Jewish people from a plot to destroy them. I believe one reason God gave her such prominence is that He knew she would use the influence to fulfill her purpose.

Favor is not about having a bigger house, a better car, or more stuff. That’s not why God is going to favor you. Favor is given to fulfill your purpose. It’s to advance His kingdom. When your dreams are tied to helping others, to making the world a better place, to lifting the fallen, you will come into some of those “such a time as this” moments.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are Almighty God and the power of Your favor is working in my life. Thank You for the opportunities You will bring my way to step into ‘such a time as this’ moments and fulfill my purpose. I declare that I will use favor to advance Your kingdom. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Apr 2022 07:22 #2769 by DrMike
Separated for the Better

Today's Scripture

Gideon son of Joash was threshing wheat at the bottom of a winepress to hide the grain from the Midianites. The angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the LORD is with you!” Judges 6:11–12, NLT

Gideon was hidden from his enemies, threshing wheat on the floor of the winepress, when God said he was to deliver the people of Israel from the Midianites. But Gideon was insecure and didn’t feel qualified to do anything great. The threshing floor was where the wheat was separated from the chaff, and symbolically it became the place where God separated Gideon from what was limiting him. When God called him a “mighty hero,” it separated him from his low expectations and little dreams and empowered him to great valor.

We all go through the threshing floor of difficulties because God is preparing us. He’s separating what’s holding you back, and you’re about to see new growth, new opportunities, new friendships. You’re coming out refined, polished, stronger, matured. On the threshing floor, God will stir up your gifts and confidence. Now quit complaining about how big the obstacles are. If you embrace the threshing floor, you’ll be promoted to a level that otherwise you would never have.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the threshing floor is not to harm me, but You use it to refine me and bring me up higher. Thank You that You are removing the chaff from my life and purifying me. I believe that You are going to promote me to a level I could never reach on my own. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Apr 2022 07:22 #2770 by DrMike
Never, Never, Never

Today's Scripture

For God has said, “I will never, never fail you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5, TLB

In today’s Scripture, God put such an emphasis on His faithfulness because He knew how easy it is to give up on our dreams, to let our circumstances and how long it’s been taking to talk us out of His best. You may be facing a situation that looks impossible today. The odds are against you, and you’ve had some setbacks. Let me encourage you, it’s coming together. God is not going to fail you. The breakthrough is already in your future. Maybe you think you can never get out of debt, never live in a nice house, never be successful in your career. You’ve gone as far as your education allows. No, don’t talk yourself out of it. It’s coming together. Promotion, abundance, and new levels are headed your way.

When you go through the day with this expectancy, knowing that God’s working behind the scenes bringing it together, that’s what allows God to do great things. If you stay in faith, at the right time you will see it come together.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness, for being my vindicator, and for fighting my battles for me. Thank You that You will never, never, never fail me nor abandon me. I believe that You’re working behind the scenes on my most difficult situation, and that it’s all coming together. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds