Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Jan 2022 05:35 #2711 by DrMike
A Stubborn Faith

Today's Scripture

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. (Ephesians 6:13, ESV)

When you’ve done your best to get well but it’s not changing, when you’ve treated people with kindness who aren’t being kind to you, when you’ve worked hard but the promotion fell through, what do you do? Get discouraged, think it’s not going to happen, and give up? No, just stand firm. To be standing is to be trusting God, knowing that He’s in control. When you’re standing, you’re not frustrated by what’s not happening. You’re not complaining about how long it’s taking. You’re not moved by what the medical report says or by how your child is acting. You’re at rest and in peace. You know that what God started, He’s going to finish.

God is looking for stubborn faith. You keep believing, keep thanking God, and keep being your best. Giving up is not an option; quitting is not in your mindset. You know that what God promised you is on the way. No matter what comes against you and isn’t changing, just keep standing until you see what God promised come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have provided me with Your armor to be able to withstand the difficult times. Thank You that You only ask me to take my stand, trusting in You through it all. I want my faith to be stubborn and never allow giving up to be an option. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2022 03:37 #2712 by DrMike
Take Off the Labels

Today's Scripture

Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” John 20:27, NIV

After Jesus rose from the dead, Thomas initially doubted that it was true, but soon believed through Jesus meeting with him. What’s interesting is that Thomas doubted that one time, but he’s been labeled “Doubting Thomas.” You would think he had doubted and questioned his faith for his whole life, but this had been just a few days of his life. It’s easy to let one failure define who you are. If Thomas would have worn that label, he would never have fulfilled his destiny. Yet the apostle Thomas took the gospel to India and made an incredible impact with his life.

Are you wearing negative labels from the past? God’s mercies are new every morning. Receive that mercy and move on. “What about that failure?” It’s in the past. “What about that mistake?” It’s covered by mercy. “What about the divorce, the compromise, the time I blew it?” That’s over and done. Life is too short for you to let what happened in the past keep you from the great things God has in your future.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there are no negative labels that can stick to me because I have received Your great mercy. Thank You that I am not defined by my mistakes and failures, but I am defined by what You say about me. I am forgiven and redeemed and free from condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

13 Jan 2022 06:55 #2713 by DrMike
Iron Gates Can’t Stop You

Today's Scripture

Past the first guard and then the second, they came to the iron gate that led into the city. It swung open before them on its own, and they were out on the street, free as the breeze. Acts 12:10, MSG

In Acts 12, King Herod had the apostle James killed and then put Peter in prison. Chained between two guards in the deepest part of the prison, Peter was to be brought to trial the following day. Meanwhile the church was praying for him through the night. Herod did everything he could to keep Peter in, but he didn’t realize that he couldn’t keep God out. In the middle of the night, an angel came and led Peter past guard after guard and through the final iron gate to freedom from what would have been the end of Peter.

You’re going to see some of the closed doors that should stop you—the sickness, the addiction, the lack of job experience—open of their own accord. It’s not going to be anything you do. You’re going to be promoted despite who’s trying to hold you back. They may try to close the door to you getting the contract, the scholarship, or the loan, but God opens the door. Stay in peace. You and God are a majority.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You supernaturally open doors and make things happen that I can’t make happen and don’t deserve. Thank You that I can stay in peace in difficult times, knowing that at any moment You can turn things around. Whether You do it gradually or suddenly, I will rest in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Jan 2022 08:48 #2714 by DrMike
It’s Working for You

Today's Scripture

“You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.” Genesis 50:20, NLT

Joseph went through thirteen years of betrayal, slavery, false accusations, and imprisonment. He had many reasons to become bitter, but you never read that Joseph had a bad attitude. He understood the principle that everything he was experiencing was serving God’s plan, including the bad breaks and unfair things. After Joseph interpreted Pharaoh’s dream and was made prime minister of Egypt, he even declared that the very harm his brothers meant for him was instrumental and necessary to getting him to the throne and his destiny of saving their lives.

Are you upset about something that’s actually serving His plan? God will use people who are against you to move you into your purpose. God uses the bad breaks, the delays, the setbacks, and the injustices to move you into your destiny. The things you don’t like, and the things that are taking longer than you thought, are serving His plan. Keep reminding yourself that it’s not working against you, it’s working for you. It will lead you to new levels.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that what so often looks and feels like trouble is really Your hand moving me toward Your purpose. Thank You that it’s going to lead me into a new level of my destiny that I could never experience without it. I believe it’s working for me, not against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Jan 2022 07:23 #2715 by DrMike
Not a Watered-Down Version

Today's Scripture

So Sarai said to Abram, “The LORD has prevented me from having children. Go and sleep with my servant. Perhaps I can have children through her.” And Abram agreed with Sarai’s proposal. Genesis 16:2, NLT

In Genesis 15, God told Abraham that He was going to give him and Sarah a son. The problem was that they were already too old to have children in the natural. Years went by, and finally Sarah told Abraham to sleep with her maid. She watered down the promise and brought it down to the level she thought was possible, and Abraham went along with it. Instead of releasing their faith, believing for the extraordinary, they settled for what they thought was good enough. But the baby Ishmael was not the promised child, and trying to help God out caused many problems.

Too many times we take what God put in our heart, and instead of coming up to His level and believing for the impossible, we bring it down to what makes sense to us. Why don’t you take the limits off God? What He promises will come to pass—not a watered-down version, not a get-by version, not a good-enough version. Get ready for the fullness of what God said.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God, and You are not limited by what limits me. Help me to remember that You can do the impossible when I’m tempted to water down Your promises. I believe that You can take me where I can’t go on my own. In Jesus’ Name, Amen..”

Attachments:

18 Jan 2022 03:37 #2716 by DrMike
Overflow

Today's Scripture

“May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and increase your numbers until you become a community of peoples.” Genesis 28:3, NIV

Sometimes people will try to convince you that you’re not supposed to be blessed. Back when my father was in seminary, he was taught that he was supposed to be poor to show that he was humble. Yet one of the names of God is “El Shaddai,” which is usually translated “God Almighty” and means “more than enough.” If God just wanted you to get by in life, why would His name be “More Than Enough”? Don’t let people talk you out of the overflow that God has for you.

God wants you to have an abundance so you can be a blessing to others. You have so much joy that you bring joy wherever you go. You have so many resources that you can help those around you. You’re going to overflow with creativity, with talent, with ideas. Overflow with great people in your life. Overflow with influence, with respect, with promotion. You may not have seen this yet, but God is about to do a new thing. Overflow is coming.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there are no negative labels that can stick to me because I have received Your great mercy. Thank You that I am not defined by my mistakes and failures, but I am defined by what You say about me. I am forgiven and redeemed and free from condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Jan 2022 07:52 #2717 by DrMike
Don’t Settle for Less-Than

Today's Scripture

"So Moses told the people of Israel what the LORD had said, but they refused to listen anymore. They had become too discouraged by the brutality of their slavery." Exodus 6:9, NLT

When Moses first gave the people of Israel the promise that God would deliver them from slavery in Egypt and give them the Promised Land as their possession, they were too beaten down and discouraged to believe. Instead of rising up in faith, they wanted to remain settled in their slavery, to remain victims rather than become victors.

What God has for you is way too important to settle for less-than. Not settling may mean going back to school and getting the training to bring out your talents. It may mean developing a business plan, meeting with mentors, and researching what you need to bring about that goal. It may mean joining a support group to help break the addiction. It may mean putting more effort into your marriage, taking more time for the person God gave you to love. It may mean joining a gym, taking walks at night, being proactive to get in shape. You’ll be amazed where you will be in ten years if you don’t settle.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the great and precious promises You have given me that will lead me to my best life possible. Thank You for the hope and encouragement You provide through Your Word. I refuse to settle for less than what You’ve promised. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Jan 2022 05:35 - 20 Jan 2022 05:36 #2718 by DrMike
Freshness

Today's Scripture

Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of [the manna] until morning.” However, some of them…kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. Exodus 16:19–20, NIV

When the Israelites were in the desert headed toward the Promised Land, God gave them a fresh supply of manna every morning. It only lasted for one day, but some didn’t listen and tried to hold on to the old manna, and it spoiled.

When you hold on to old manna—what God used to do, friends who were right for a season, a job that you’re afraid to step away from—it spoils. It won’t feed you. You won’t grow. Maybe you’ve enjoyed a friendship for a time, but at some point, you realize you’ve outgrown the relationship. Or what used to challenge you about your career doesn’t challenge you anymore. You feel God telling you to stretch, to get out of your comfort zone, but you’re afraid. You wonder why you’re not passionate, why you’re not growing. It’s because that manna is old; it’s not feeding you. God has new beginnings. He’s a God of freshness. The manna was temporary provision. God has new provision coming. Don’t hang on to the old.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for every good thing You provide for me every day. Thank You that when the time on one of these provisions has ended, You are stretching me and getting me out of my comfort zone to bring me into new beginnings. Help me to not hold on to the old, but just let it go. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 with your requests.

Attachments:

21 Jan 2022 06:46 #2719 by DrMike
Stay Healthy

Today's Scripture

Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8, NLT

Healthy people are not jealous of others and don’t talk about others behind their backs. Secure people don’t bad-mouth others. They forgive others and move on. They’re not bitter, they don’t live with regrets, and they’re not mad at themselves or others. They celebrate other people’s success and are happy for those who are ahead of them. Grateful people don’t find fault and focus on what’s wrong with others.

The Scripture says love covers others’ faults. Love covers others’ weaknesses. If someone just goes around exposing others and talking about their faults, don’t sit there and listen to their gossip, criticism, or judgment. Don’t spend time on the phone with a friend who talks negatively about all your other friends. If you’re spending time with people who are critical, bitter, disgruntled, and faultfinders, those same qualities are going to rub off on you. Keep your spirit pure from all that discord. Don’t take the bait and join them in making others look bad. Stay healthy and disconnect from anyone who brings division.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me, for forgiving me, for restoring me to health, and for freeing me from regrets. I want to be someone who loves others with Your love and who covers their faults and weaknesses. Help me to disconnect from anyone who sows discord and gossip and finds faults. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

24 Jan 2022 06:37 #2720 by DrMike
Remember Your History

Today's Scripture

He replied, The LORD, before whom I have walked faithfully, will send his angel with you and make your journey a success. (Genesis 24:40, NIV)

When Abraham was old and close to death, he told his assistant to travel back to his hometown to find his son, Isaac, a wife. The assistant asked him how he would know if it was the right girl, and Abraham was saying, Don't worry because I have a history with God. I've seen His faithfulness over and over down through the years. I am confident it will happen. I have walked with God and seen His goodness. Instead of wondering if something's going to work out, worrying about your health, or stressing out over your finances, remember your history with God. Look back at what He's done. As Abraham did, you'll see times when God brought a promise to pass that looked impossible, He provided when you didn't see a way, He showed you mercy and turned a situation around. Whatever you face, keep walking in faithfulness and be confident that He will do it again and make your journey a success.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your hand has been upon my life in so many ways. Thank You for the countless things You have made happen for my good that I could never make happen. I believe You are protecting me and will make my journey a success. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds