Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Dec 2021 03:23 #2691 by DrMike
See the Masterpiece

Today's Scripture

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10, NLT)

To the untrained eye, the construction site of a new house can seem disorganized, random, and messy, but the architect isn’t concerned because he drew the plans and knows exactly where it’s going. In the same way, you have to see the disappointments, the delays, the hurts, and the setbacks as all a part of God’s construction process for your life. He’s designed a specific plan for your life, which the messy places can’t stop. God’s already taken into account all the delays, the things you don’t understand, and even the mistakes you’ve made. You’re right on His schedule.

The enemy will whisper, “Look at you, such a mess. Your dreams will never work out.” Just say to him, “I’m under construction. I have some messy areas, but God is still working on me, and He will bring me to completion. I am His masterpiece.” You may not be there yet, but stop beating yourself up. Your attitude should be, “I’m looking beyond the mess to see the masterpiece.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You created me as a masterpiece, down to the smallest detail of what I would need to fulfill Your plan for my life. Thank You that You’re working in my life, and You will bring me to completion. I am looking beyond the messy areas to see the masterpiece in the making. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Dec 2021 06:24 #2692 by DrMike
Pull Down and Root Out

Today's Scripture

“See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out and to pull down, to destroy and to throw down, to build and to plant.” (Jeremiah 1:10, NKJV)

Why is it that we so often let our imagination run wild with negative, depressing images? We imagine the worst about situations and everything that’s wrong and how it will never work out. Why don’t you start letting your imagination run in the other direction? Imagine accomplishing your dreams, living long and healthy, rising higher, succeeding, and going places you’ve never dreamed.

In today’s Scripture, notice the order. Before you can build and plant and see increase, before that situation is going to turn around, you have to pull down and root out. As with Jeremiah, God has a place of victory for you, where you will rule over anything that’s holding you back, but you have to pull down any wrong imaginations, and you have to root out any negative images. You can’t allow wrong imaginations to play all the time. This is the only thing that’s holding some people back. Start changing the channel to what God has said about you in His Word. What He’s promised, He will bring to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me my imagination to help me stay positive, to be filled with hope and faith. Thank You for the pictures in my mind that remind me of the promises You have spoken over me. I believe I will overcome every obstacle. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

07 Dec 2021 06:34 #2693 by DrMike
Listening in Your Spirit

Today's Scripture

For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18, NKJV)

Just as we have physical ears, we have spiritual ears. God speaks to us in our spirit. Many times, He will speak things that contradict what we see with our eyes. You’re struggling in your finances, but you hear that voice saying, “You’re blessed. You have more than enough.” It doesn’t look like you’ll ever get well, but you hear that voice saying, “You’re healthy. You’re whole.” It’s just the opposite of what it looks like, but God calls you what you are before it happens. Abraham didn’t have any children when God called him “a father of many nations.” Gideon was afraid and felt unqualified to lead the Israelites yet God called him “a mighty hero.”

Quit being discouraged by what you see, which is temporary, and start being encouraged by what you hear—what God speaks to us is permanent. If you listen down in your spirit, you’ll hear that voice saying, “New levels are coming with new opportunities and new relationships, and favor is in your future.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for how You speak to my spirit directly as well as through Your Word. Help me to listen closer for Your voice in my spirit and believe what I hear and not what I see with my eyes. I believe that what I see is subject to change. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Dec 2021 06:58 #2694 by DrMike
Your Appointed Time

Today's Scripture

“For still the vision awaits its appointed time…If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.” (Habakkuk 2:3, ESV)

In the Old Testament, the Israelites had several different national feasts, such as the Passover, that they were to observe at set times each year. The times had been ordained by God and couldn’t be changed. These were special times that God had already established to show His people favor.

Just as it was with them, there are appointed times God has already ordained to show out His favor in your life. After years of things being routine, you’ll come into set times of growth and increase. God will thrust you from the background to the foreground, accelerate your dreams, and make things happen faster than you thought. Problems will unexpectedly turn around even though it looks impossible. You need to get ready. I believe you’ve come into one of your set times of favor. The Creator of the universe is breathing on your life in a new way. His power of favor is greater than any force that’s trying to come against you. Your appointed time is established.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that this is my appointed time for favor. Thank You that You are breathing on my life in a new way and helping me do what I could not do on my own. I believe that my set time is established, and You will make it happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Dec 2021 08:53 #2695 by DrMike
Blessed to Be a Blessing

Today's Scripture

“I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.” (Genesis 12:2, NIV)

When God told Abraham, “I will bless you and you will be a blessing,” it infers that if you’re not going to be a blessing, you’re not going to be blessed. The two are tied together. The Scripture says, “Give, and it will be given to you.” If you’re not giving away what God has given you, that blessing is not going to continue in the way it could. If you give away healing, then healing will keep coming back to you. If you want to stay free from the addiction, help somebody else get free. Keep giving away what God has given you.

If you let what God gives you flow through you, He’ll keep giving it to you. It’s tempting to think, “I received my blessing. Lord, thank You,” but that’s going to cause you to become stagnate. If you’re not giving anything away, nothing new is going to come. When you’re always lifting people up, encouraging them, making them better, then blessings are always going to come to you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for what You’ve brought me through that I can now use to help others in their struggles. Thank You that I have something to give, some encouragement to share, and some blessing to impart. Help me to give away what You’ve given to me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Dec 2021 04:48 #2696 by DrMike
See the Masterpiece

Today's Scripture

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10, NLT)

To the untrained eye, the construction site of a new house can seem disorganized, random, and messy, but the architect isn’t concerned because he drew the plans and knows exactly where it’s going. In the same way, you have to see the disappointments, the delays, the hurts, and the setbacks as all a part of God’s construction process for your life. He’s designed a specific plan for your life, which the messy places can’t stop. God’s already taken into account all the delays, the things you don’t understand, and even the mistakes you’ve made. You’re right on His schedule.

The enemy will whisper, “Look at you, such a mess. Your dreams will never work out.” Just say to him, “I’m under construction. I have some messy areas, but God is still working on me, and He will bring me to completion. I am His masterpiece.” You may not be there yet, but stop beating yourself up. Your attitude should be, “I’m looking beyond the mess to see the masterpiece.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You created me as a masterpiece, down to the smallest detail of what I would need to fulfill Your plan for my life. Thank You that You’re working in my life, and You will bring me to completion. I am looking beyond the messy areas to see the masterpiece in the making. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Dec 2021 07:37 #2697 by DrMike
Distinctive Favor

Today's Scripture

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. (1 Peter 2:9, NKJV)

The Scripture speaks of how you are set apart, one of God’s special people. I like the phrase “a different people.” You’re not ordinary; you’re not like everyone else. The favor God puts on your life causes you to be different. It makes a distinction between you and those who don’t honor God. Numbers 6 says God’s face will shine on you and cause you to stand out.

This distinctive favor causes you to prosper when others are struggling. You recover from a difficulty when others get stuck. You have an advantage. You’re not doing life by yourself, just on your own strength, your talents, and your connections. There is a force breathing behind you, guiding you, protecting you, and favoring you. The Most High God has set you apart, called you out, and said, “That’s one of Mine.” Don’t go through life thinking that you’re average, that you can never accomplish your dreams. Put your shoulders back. Hold your head high. Right now, God’s face is shining on you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for setting me apart with Your distinctive favor and for shining Your face upon me. Thank You for guiding me, protecting me, favoring me, and giving me an advantage. I believe that I am blessed to be one of Your own special people. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Dec 2021 07:09 #2698 by DrMike
You're Going Up

Today's Scripture

"But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD." (Genesis 6:8, NIV)

The people in Noah's day were living wildly, partying, worshipping idols. God was so upset that He was about to destroy the earth through a great flood, but Noah found favor with God. Why did he find favor and not all the people around him? The next verse says, He walked faithfully with God. Noah could have just compromised like everyone else, but he made the choice to honor God and keep Him first place. There is a blessing on your life that will push you up when others are going down. God told Noah to build a 450-foot long ark. No one had heard of such a thing. It seemed impossible. But God will never ask you to do something and not give you the favor to do it. You have the favor. The question is, do you have the faith or are you talking yourself out of it? Remember that just one touch of God's favor will catapult you to a new level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the true and living God, and You reward those who honor You. Thank You that my obedience can never earn Your favor but it can lead to it. Help me to be bold, to dare to believe, and to dare to take some new steps of faith. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Dec 2021 05:29 #2699 by DrMike
Your Father's World

Today's Scripture

"So don't be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom. (Luke 12:32, NLT)

We knew a very successful widowed man who remarried, and at the age of sixty-five found out they were going to have his first child. When his wife gave birth and he held his baby boy, he was overwhelmed and began to weep for joy. He looked his son in the eyes and said, I can't wait to give you my world. That's the way our heavenly Father feels about you.

He's been thinking about you a long time. He didn't create you to be ordinary, to just make it through life. He's lined up amazing opportunities, good breaks, and the right people. He's saying to you, I can't wait to give you My world. His world is big, filled with joy, filled with favor, filled with blessings, and filled with love. In His world, you are His prized possession. What He has in store for you is going to boggle your mind. My question is, are you expecting your Father to give you the kingdom?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that it is Your great happiness to give me the kingdom. I declare that as Your child I am coming to You for all the favor, joy, peace, and opportunities You have lined up for me. Thank You that You are my Father and I live in Your world. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

22 Dec 2021 06:19 #2700 by DrMike
Will You Wait for Them?

Today's Scripture

"And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him." (Luke 15:20, NLT)

The prodigal son took his father's inheritance and wasted it all on wild living and partying. Yet when he finally came home, notice that his father was waiting for him. Despite what his son had done, I can imagine the father walking to the end of the driveway several times a day and looking for him. And seeing his son, the father ran out and hugged and kissed his son. Then he told his staff to throw a party and celebrate his son's return. Never once did the father bring up the son's faults. He didn't condemn him as undeserving. He was full of compassion, love, and restoring mercy. Sometimes we think we have to tell people everything they're doing wrong and change their mind, but the Holy Spirit is the one who convicts. Our job is to keep loving them when they don't deserve it, when they don't listen, and when they're making bad decisions. Keep praying and encouraging them. They're in the process of changing. Today may be their turning point.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for waiting for me with a heart of compassion, love, and restoring mercy. Thank You that You have called me to have that same heart and attitude for all the people in my life. Help me to wait for them, to love and encourage them, and to be there for them. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.895 seconds