Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 Sep 2021 03:13 #2651 by DrMike
Of No Reputation

Today's Scripture

…but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. (Philippians 2:7, NKJV)

They disrespected Jesus, called Him a fraud, a cheat, and an imposter. But the Scripture says He made Himself “of no reputation.” That means He didn’t worry about His reputation. He knew He would be misunderstood. He knew people would be critical, jealous, and find fault. He didn’t waste His time trying to prove to His critics that He was the Son of God. He didn’t get upset because the religious leaders didn’t believe in Him. He didn’t get distracted fighting battles that didn’t matter. He just kept running His race, trusting His Father to vindicate Him.

If you’re consumed with why someone isn’t giving you respect and you’re trying to convince them to believe in you, you’ll get distracted and miss your destiny. Quit trying to defend yourself. God is your defender. He said He will fight your battles. When people try to push you down, He’ll lift you up. When they try to make you look bad, He’ll cause you to shine. He knows how to vindicate you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus didn’t worry about His reputation and how much and how often He was disrespected. Thank You for His example that I don’t have to waste my time and energy trying to prove who I am or change what others think of me. You are my defender. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2021 04:16 #2652 by DrMike
Recalculating Your Route

Today's Scripture

The steps of good men are directed by the Lord. He delights in each step they take. If they fall, it isn’t fatal, for the Lord holds them with his hand. (Psalm 37:23–24, TLB)

Even though God is directing our steps, there are times when we make mistakes and go the wrong way. But God doesn’t say, “That’s it. I’m done with you.” He holds us in His hands and helps us get back on the right course. It’s like a GPS system in your car. It tells you precisely where to go, but if you miss a turn, it doesn’t say, “You loser! I’m done helping you.” It says, “Recalculating route.” The GPS system was designed for people who make mistakes. It just keeps recalculating your route no matter how many mistakes you make.

How much more can the Creator of the universe recalculate your route when you make mistakes. God isn’t mad at you. He’s saying, “Recalculating route to your destiny. The mistakes didn’t stop My plan or cancel your purpose.” Why don’t you quit beating yourself up over your failures and get back on the path? God has already calculated a new route. You can still fulfill God’s plan for your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You hold me in Your hands, and You delight to direct my steps. Thank You that You are always there to recalculate my route when I make mistakes. Show me Your ways and give me the strength and grace to stay on the right course. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

24 Sep 2021 04:08 #2653 by DrMike
Be the Original You

Today's Scripture

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. (Psalm 139:13, NLT)

When God created you, He made sure you were fully loaded and completely equipped for the race that’s been designed for you. You didn’t get shortchanged. Now quit wishing you were something different: “If I had that person’s personality, I could do something great.” “If I came from their family…” “If I was just…” Don’t get distracted by what someone else has. As long as you want what they have, you’ll be frustrated. If you didn’t get what somebody else has, that means you don’t need it. You are equipped for your destiny.

Have a new perspective. Next level thinking says you have the right looks, the right talents, and the right personality. If you needed to be taller, God would’ve made you taller. If you needed a different personality, He would’ve given you one. If you needed to be another nationality, you would be another nationality. God doesn’t make mistakes. You’re not faulty. You have been fearfully and wonderfully made. Be confident in what you have.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can stop wishing I had what other people have because You have given me the right everything of what I need. Thank You that I am fully loaded for the race You have designed for me. I declare that I am going to be me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Sep 2021 04:17 #2654 by DrMike
Is Destiny Calling You?

Today's Scripture

Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. (Psalm 37:4, AMPC)

In Genesis 17, God called Abraham “the father of many nations.” At that time, Abraham didn’t have any children. He and his wife, Sarah, were too old to have kids. Abraham could have thought, “God, my wife is barren. I’m childless. What are You talking about?” Here’s the principle: God calls you what you are before you become it; people call you what you are after it happens.

There are promises, goals, and dreams that God has placed in your heart. You didn’t come up with them on your own. Those aren’t just your desires; God put them there. The “secret petitions of your heart” are the things you dream about, that you haven’t told anyone. They seem too big, too far out. That’s your destiny calling. That’s God telling you what you can become. Don’t talk yourself out of it. God has spoken it. All He’s looking for is you to agree with Him. Human nature says, “When I see it, I’ll believe it.” Faith says, “I believe it, then I’ll see it.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You put desires and secret petitions in my heart. Thank You that You’re calling me to my destiny and telling me what I can become. I know that You being for me is more than enough to get me to where I’m supposed to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Sep 2021 07:46 #2655 by DrMike
Sing to the Promise

Today's Scripture

Then Israel sang this song: “Spring up, O well! All of you sing to it.” (Numbers 21:17, NKJV)

All of us have dreams we want to accomplish, problems we’re hoping will turn around. We know God has put a promise in our heart, but it seems impossible. This is how the Israelites felt in Numbers 21. In the hot barren desert and desperate for water, they came upon an old, dry well. When it looked impossible, instead of complaining, they began to sing, “Spring up, O well!” They were making a declaration of faith. They “all” sang “to” the well of promise over and over. That was the key. Suddenly, water began to flow.

There are promises God has put in you. Your circumstances may say, “It’s not going to happen.” You have to do as they did and sing to the promise. Your praise, your thanksgiving, and your declaration of faith are what cause healing, abundance, and breakthroughs to spring up. Sometimes we’re waiting on God, but God’s waiting on us. Why don’t you start calling forth those promises He’s put in your heart?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promises You have put in my heart and for the dreams I want to accomplish. Teach me what it means to sing to the promises and make declarations of faith. I give You thanks and declare that they are springing up even now. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Sep 2021 06:56 #2656 by DrMike
It’s Already Lined Up

Today's Scripture

“For the LORD of hosts has purposed, and who will annul it? His hand is stretched out, and who will turn it back?” (Isaiah 14:27, NKJV)

God is not only strategically directing your steps today, He’s orchestrating everything around you. He’s already lined up people who will help lead you to your blessing, lead you to your promotion, and lead you to your next level. They will go out of their way to show you favor. You don’t have to try to manipulate people, force doors to open, or convince someone to be good to you. He’s already prepared the hearts of the people He has ordained to help you and has the blessings waiting for you.

Isaiah was saying, “Who can stop what God has already set up?” Quit worrying about who doesn’t like you, how big your obstacles are, or why you can’t accomplish your dreams. It’s already set up; you’re right on schedule. No person, no bad break, and no addiction can stop what God has ordained. If you keep honoring God, being your best, what God has set up will find you. You won’t have to go after it; it will come after you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the blessings You’ve already lined up. Thank You for the people, the favor, and the promotion You’ve ordained to come across my path. I believe that You are directing my steps and orchestrating everything around me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Oct 2021 04:20 #2657 by DrMike
Faith in the Middle

Today's Scripture

Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you. (1 Peter 4:12, NKJV)

It’s easy to have faith at the start—when your baby is born, or you marry that beautiful girl, or you start a business, it’s exciting. It’s also easy to have faith at the end—when you can see the finish line, you’ve fought the good fight, and now the dream is in sight. The challenge is having faith in the middle—when it’s taking longer than you thought, when you don’t have the funds, and when it’s dark and difficult. In the middle is where most people are tempted to give up.

But God never promised that we would reach our destiny without opposition, without disappointments, without things we don’t understand. Instead He says not to think it strange when these things come against us. That means to not get upset because somebody did you wrong, or because the business slowed, or because your child takes a wrong turn. God is still on the throne. Stay in faith. What He promised you, He will still bring to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your Word lights my way and tells me to be ready for trials of my faith. Even when life is difficult and dark, I choose to trust in You and believe that You are working behind the scenes for my good. I will have faith for the middle. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

06 Oct 2021 04:07 #2658 by DrMike
First Have Hope

Today's Scripture

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1, NKJV)

In tough times, when life doesn’t make sense, when your prayers aren’t answered, when it’s taking longer than you thought it would, my question is, do you have your anchor of hope down? When you’re anchored to hope, it’s as though you’re tied to it. Do you have that hope, that expectancy that your dreams are coming to pass, that you’re going to break that addiction, that your family is going to be restored? Or have you pulled up your anchor, and now you’ve drifted into doubt, mediocrity, and not expecting anything good? Are you saying, “This problem is never going to work out” rather than “I know the answer is already on the way”?

Put your anchor back down. “Faith is the substance of things hoped for.” You can’t have faith if you don’t first have hope. You have to believe that what God put in your heart will come to pass, that you will accomplish your dreams, that you’ll meet the right people, and that you’ll live healthy and whole.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my faith can be firmly and securely anchored to my hope in You. Thank You that my hope and expectancy in You will never be disappointed, and it keeps me from drifting into doubt and mediocrity. Help me to keep my anchor down. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Oct 2021 04:53 #2659 by DrMike
Running Over

Today's Scripture

“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.” (Luke 6:38, NIV)

The Scripture talks about how as we give, we’ll be blessed in good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. As you give of your resources, you’re about to come into those running-over blessings—with influence, resources, creativity, strength, health, and joy. God is a running-over God. He’s not a get-by God. He’s a more-than-enough God. You may not see how it can happen, but God has ways to bless you that you’ve never thought of.

When Peter needed money for taxes, Jesus told him to go to the lake and the first fish he caught had the money he needed in its mouth. Peter didn’t have to figure it out, and neither do you. God controls the whole universe. Just dare to believe. You may be thinking ordinary, but God is thinking overflow. You’re expecting the way it’s been, but God’s about to exceed your expectations. He’s about to do a new thing. You’re going to come into that running-over blessing where it’s nothing you did, it’s just the goodness of God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being the God of infinite grace who always exceeds my greatest expectations. Thank You that as I give freely of myself, You will bless me to the point of overflowing. I declare that I dare to believe that You are the more-than-enough God. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Oct 2021 07:00 #2660 by DrMike
Prepared by the Process

Today's Scripture

Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. (Hebrews 12:2, NLT)

The way that Christ endured the pain of the cross was that He knew it was a part of the process of redeeming us. He knew it wasn’t permanent. He wasn’t going to stay on the cross. He kept looking forward to the joy that was coming.

What am I saying? Keep your joy in the tough times. Don’t run away from the process. When it doesn’t make sense, when you don’t understand it, when it’s taking longer than you thought, remind yourself that it’s only temporary. The process is not working against you, it’s working for you. It’s what’s getting you prepared. Don’t look back and don’t fall into self-pity. Keep looking forward through the process. Keep doing the right thing. Don’t let disappointments talk you out of it. Don’t let delays cause you to give up. Don’t let the difficulties keep you from doing the right thing. The joy is coming, the dream is coming, the right person is coming, the breakthrough is coming.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus endured the pain of the cross for the joy of redeeming me. Thank You that there is a process involved in tough times that is working to get me prepared for what You want in my life. I look forward to what You have for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.819 seconds