Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

21 Jun 2021 04:18 #2601 by DrMike
A Wide-Open, Spacious Life

Today's Scripture

I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren’t small, but you’re living them in a small way. (2 Corinthians 6:11–12, MSG)

Notice in today’s Scripture that God’s desire is that we live a wide-open, spacious life. But even though God has this big life planned out, we can live it in a small way if we have limited thinking. It’s easy to get stuck in a daily rut, dealing with the pressures of life. We’re not expecting anything better or releasing our faith. We’re thinking this is all there is. But compared to what God has planned, we’re living small.

On a regular basis, you have to stir up your faith. Stir up your gifts. Stir up your passions. You have not seen your best days. God has a wide life for you, much bigger than you’re living. Whatever level you’re at, don’t get stuck and stay there. It may feel big to you. You’re blessed. You’re content. But in God’s eyes, it’s a small place. He has new horizons for you to explore—new dreams, new talents, new opportunities.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can begin to see myself the way You see me as living a wide-open, spacious life. Help me to get unstuck from the daily rut and not expecting anything better. I believe that You have new horizons for me to explore and a bigger life than I am now living. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2021 06:32 #2602 by DrMike
He Still Crosses Lakes

Today's Scripture

They saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons. He was sitting there fully clothed and perfectly sane. (Mark 5:15, NLT)

In Mark 5, there was a demon possessed man who lived among the tombs. People tried to restrain him, but he would break the chains. Nothing could control him. For years, night and day, he wandered through the tombs screaming and cutting himself. One day Jesus crossed the lake and went straight to where he was. The man fell at His feet, then Jesus cast the spirits out, and he was instantly healed and restored to normal.

Jesus made a special trip just to get to this man. Sometimes forces of darkness come against us, and we can’t get free on our own. The good news is that our God still crosses lakes. When you can’t get to Him, He’ll come to you. The addiction seems too strong, the sickness too big, the failure too great, but God is crossing the lake right now. The forces that have held you back are being broken. What you couldn’t make happen, the Most High God is making happen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for crossing the lake and coming to me when I couldn’t come to You. Thank You for freeing me from what I could not free myself and bringing me out of trouble that I could not get out of. I believe that Your mercy is everlasting, and You never stop crossing lakes. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

23 Jun 2021 07:15 #2603 by DrMike
Your Water into Wine

Today's Scripture

When the master of ceremonies tasted the water that was now wine…he called the bridegroom over. “A host always serves the best wine first,” he said…. “But you have kept the best until now!” (John 2:9–10, NLT)

Making wine normally is a very lengthy process, but to make the best quality wine, a wine that is aged, takes years. My point is that the first miracle Jesus ever performed, the making of wine from water at the wedding at Cana, was a miracle of acceleration. What in the natural took many years, He did in a moment of time.

You may think it’s going to take years to get well, years to get out of debt, years to accomplish a dream, but don’t rule out the God of acceleration. He has favor, healing, and breakthroughs that can propel you forward. God can take what should take you twenty years and get you there in an instant. Right now, He’s working behind the scenes gathering the water jars and filling them with water. The process has already started. Suddenly, things are going to change. Suddenly, you’re going to find yourself where you could not go on your own. God knows how to turn your water into wine.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have the power to take a natural process like making wine and accelerate it in an instant. Thank You that You can take what seems like it could take years to happen and suddenly turn it around for me. I believe that You’re filling the jars with water even now. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Jun 2021 04:10 #2604 by DrMike
Become a Nathanael

Today's Scripture

Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, “Here is an Israelite indeed…in whom there is no guile nor deceit nor duplicity!” (John 1:47, AMP)

One of our personal goals should be that we are so honest, so above board, so full of integrity that Jesus can describe us as He did Nathanael. “That’s not me,” you say. Maybe not yet, but it can be. You can become a person of integrity who does the right thing when no one is watching.

It starts in the home. When you have integrity, you’re the same in private as you are in public. You don’t treat people at work nice and kind and come home and be rude and harsh to your family. You should treat your family better than you treat anyone else. Don’t be kinder and more considerate to coworkers than you are to your spouse and children. You don’t have to be perfect, but you have to be real. You can’t change if you don’t acknowledge that you need to change. Ask yourself, “Where is my love and care falling short? If I was standing before God, what attitude would I bring?”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for challenging me to come up higher and be my best, especially at home. Show me if there is anything I’m doing that is keeping me from becoming a person of integrity. I want to change, and I believe You have the power to change me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Jun 2021 04:18 #2605 by DrMike
Keep Your Cool

Today's Scripture

Don’t sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent. (Psalm 4:4, NLT)

God made us as emotional beings. All through the day you will feel things, but just because you feel something doesn’t mean you have to act on it. You may feel anger, which is okay, but don’t lose your temper. Keep your cool. You may feel offended, but don’t give in to it. You may feel tempted to compromise when your flesh says, “I have to have it, the feeling is so strong,” but you don’t have to get on board with that feeling.

The flesh wants to control your life. You think you can’t control it, but God wouldn’t tell us to be angry and not give in if we couldn’t do it. The feelings are real. You have to ask yourself, “If I follow what I’m feeling, is it going to move me toward my destiny, is it going to help me improve? Or, is it just my fleshly carnal desires that are trying to keep me from rising higher?”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that one of the fruits of the Spirit working in me is self-control. Thank You that I don’t have to be a slave to feelings that have tried to control me for years. I believe that I have the power to overcome, to say no to the flesh, and be disciplined to do the right thing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Jun 2021 08:37 #2606 by DrMike
Much Fruit

Today's Scripture

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit.” (John 15:5, NKJV)

In John 15, Jesus says that He is the vine, we are the branches, and His Father is the gardener who prunes our lives. He mentions “fruit,” “more fruit,” and “much fruit.” The way you move up, the way you increase is simply by abiding in Him. He was saying, “When things happen that you don’t understand, abide in Me, trust Me, and keep being your best. Believe that I’m still directing your steps, praise Me, and stay faithful.” If you keep doing the right thing, keep serving, keep giving, keep expecting favor, keep going the extra mile, then you’re passing the test. When you prove to God that you’ll be faithful in the cutback seasons, He will release you into much fruit. New doors are about to open, new relationships are on the way, and negative situations are about to turn around. Because you abide in Him, abundance is coming, healing is coming, breakthroughs are coming, new levels of your destiny are coming.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that every day I can draw life from the true vine, Christ Jesus, and abide and grow in my relationship with You. Thank You that You are pruning my life so I will bring forth much fruit. I look forward to the abundance You are producing in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Jun 2021 09:38 #2607 by DrMike
It’s Already Established

Today's Scripture

Job answered God: “I’m convinced: You can do anything and everything. Nothing and no one can upset your plans.” (Job 42:1–2, MSG)

Job went through a time of severe testing of his faith. His life was shattered by great personal losses and covered in a season of darkness. After all Job had endured, he was saying that the expected end cannot be changed. The Scripture talks about how Satan had to ask for permission to test Job. The enemy can’t do anything he wants; he has to get God’s permission to touch you. God is not only in control of your life, He’s in control of your enemies. You have nothing to worry about. He has a hedge of protection around you that cannot be penetrated.

Perhaps you hear thoughts whispering, “You’ll never be as happy again. You’ve seen your best days.” Don’t believe those lies. You haven’t laughed your best laugh, you haven’t dreamed your best dream, you haven’t danced your best dance, and you haven’t sung your best song. God has already established your expected end.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that nothing and no one can upset Your plans for my life. Thank You for watching over me and controlling my times of testing. I believe there is a hedge about me, and as I move forward, You will bring me to my expected end. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Jun 2021 03:56 #2608 by DrMike
The Miracle in Your Mouth

Today's Scripture

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:23, NKJV)

There will be times when you’re saying the right things, speaking words of faith, but nothing is changing. Today’s Scripture implies something is trying to take it away. It’s like a tug of war. The enemy is on the other side trying to pull away what God put in your heart. You may have had that sickness for a long time—hold fast your confession. Don’t get talked out of it. Keep speaking healing, keep declaring, “I am healthy. I am whole.” If you’re in debt, keep talking about abundance. If you have an addiction, keep talking about freedom.

The miracle is in your mouth. There is healing, there is freedom, and there are new levels in your mouth. Let me help you get started with this declaration: “I am blessed. I am prosperous. I am forgiven. I am healthy. I am free. I have the favor of God. Problems are turning around. New doors are opening. I will become all God created me to be.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when the enemy is trying to pull away what You have put in my heart, I can hold fast my confession. Thank You that there is a miracle in my mouth. By faith I declare that because I have Your favor, I am blessed, forgiven, and free. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Jul 2021 06:50 #2609 by DrMike
Darkness Cannot Stop the Light

Today's Scripture

When darkness overtakes [the righteous], light will come bursting in. (Psalm 112:4, TLB)

It may be dark in your life right now. You don’t see how you will ever get well, ever get out of debt, or ever see the legal situation resolve. Here’s the key: You are the righteous, you are a child of the Most High God. You have this promise from your Creator that when it’s dark, when you could easily be discouraged, when you feel like giving up, light is about to burst in. It doesn’t say it will trickle in, barely get there, and hopefully make it one day. No, suddenly, unexpectedly, it will come bursting in. That means you won’t see it coming, but God in His goodness will turn it all around. Healing, favor, and restoration are going to burst in.

The God who spoke worlds into existence controls the darkness and the light. When it’s your time for promotion, for healing, for abundance, all the forces of darkness cannot stop our God. Get ready. The light is about to break through.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in times of darkness when I don’t see the way out, I have Your promise that You will come bursting in with light and direction. Thank You that in Your goodness You will turn it around. I believe that all the forces of darkness cannot stop it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Jul 2021 08:38 #2610 by DrMike
The God of the Breakthrough

Today's Scripture

“The LORD did it!” David exclaimed. “He burst through my enemies like a raging flood!” So he named that place Baal-perazim (which means “the Lord who bursts through”). (2 Samuel 5:20, NLT)

When David was about to step into the fullness of his destiny as the anointed king over all Judah and Israel, he found himself at the Valley of Rephaim, which means “giants.” Many years earlier, he had killed Goliath in that valley. But now he not only faced one Goliath, he faced a valley of Goliaths. The principle is that the closer you are to your destiny, the greater the opposition. When you overcome one challenge, don’t be surprised if you face a bigger challenge. That means you’re getting closer to your destiny.

David and his men went out full of faith and defeated the Philistines, then he renamed the valley of giants Baal-perazim, which means “the God of the breakthrough.” When you face the valley of debt, struggle, and lack, rename it the valley of abundance, promotion, and increase. Rename the valley of sickness the valley of health and wholeness. God will turn every valley you face into a valley of victory.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that a valley of giants and challenges are no match for You. Thank You that You are the God who bursts through like a raging flood and brings me to my destiny. I believe that the forces for me are greater than any force that is against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds