Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

08 Apr 2021 07:05 #2551 by DrMike
Young at Heart

Today's Scripture

A relaxed attitude lengthens a man’s life; jealousy rots it away. (Proverbs 14:30, TLB)

No matter what age you are, you can be young at heart, full of faith, energy, and creativity. Your spirit never ages. It doesn’t have to get old and grouchy. You can stay young in spirit. The way that happens is to give no place to the negative. Get in a habit of emptying out any offenses, knowing that God is in control and will do what He promised despite what comes against you. Empty out the worry and anxiety. If you made a mistake, empty out the guilt. If you didn’t do your best, empty out the regret. If you were upset because you didn’t get the credit you deserved, empty out the self-pity. If you had a bad break, and you don’t understand why, empty out the questions. Don’t try to figure it out. If you get good at emptying out the negative every day, you’ll be strong, vibrant, full of faith, and full of joy.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that I never need to get old in my heart, and that I can stay young and vibrant in my spirit. I choose to empty out the worry, mistakes, and offenses and let negative things go. Fill me with joy to overflowing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2021 03:48 #2552 by DrMike
How Badly Do You Want It?

Today's Scripture

Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom. (Daniel 6:3, NIV)

How badly do you want that promotion at work? Badly enough to get to work early, to do more than what’s required, to take that extra course online to sharpen your skills? If not, you don’t want it badly enough. You have to stand out in the crowd. Today’s Scripture says that Daniel “distinguished himself.” He was so excellent in his work, so skilled, so sharp, and had such a great attitude that he stood out among all the other young men. The king gave him a position of great leadership. It doesn’t say, “God distinguished Daniel, made him stand out, made him excel.” It says that Daniel distinguished himself. He was willing to do what the other young men wouldn’t do. It wasn’t so much that he was more talented or more gifted; it was the fact that he wanted it more than they did. The question is, how big is your want-to?

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You for the gifts and talents and seeds of greatness that You’ve given me. Thank You that I have the opportunity to distinguish myself and become all You created me to be. I’m going to take steps to grow. I’m going to come up higher and excel. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

12 Apr 2021 03:40 #2553 by DrMike
Do Not Despise Small Beginnings

Today's Scripture

“Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin.” (Zechariah 4:10, NLT)

When David went out to face Goliath, all he had was a slingshot and five smooth stones. It looked insignificant, ordinary, and certainly nothing special. But God breathed on him, and he defeated Goliath and became the king of Israel. All Moses had was an ordinary stick, something he found on the ground, yet when he picked up that rod and held it in the air, the Red Sea supernaturally parted. Samson was surrounded by a huge army. All he had was the jawbone of a donkey. But he picked up that jawbone, God breathed on him, and he defeated a thousand men.

Don’t despise the day of small beginnings. Don’t look at what you have and say, “I can’t do anything great. I don’t have a lot of talent.” If you’ll use what God has given you, He will multiply it. He will not only bring your dreams to pass, but He will do more than you can ask or think.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that You rejoice to see me use what You have given me, and You will bring the increase as I trust in You. Thank You that a slingshot and five stones are enough to bring down a giant. I believe that nothing can keep me from my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Apr 2021 03:43 #2554 by DrMike
Live Guilt-Free

Today's Scripture

So give yourselves humbly to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7, TLB)

Today’s Scripture tells us to resist the enemy. To resist means to not agree with what he’s telling you, but rather to believe what God says about you. When you hear him whisper, “You’re all washed up. You’ve made too many mistakes,” the way you resist it is to answer, “No, thanks. God’s mercy is bigger than any mistake. My best days are still in front of me.” Don’t assist the enemy; resist him. When he tells you, “You don’t deserve to be blessed. Look what you’ve done,” resist him by declaring,” I am the righteousness of God. I am forgiven. I am redeemed.” When the enemy says, “Well, you blew it. You knew better, and now you’re guilty,” tell him, “There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. I asked God for forgiveness, and He not only forgave me, but He doesn’t remember it. I’m going to live guilt-free, confidently, securely, holy, blamelessly, righteously, and honorably in Jesus’ Name.”

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that when the accuser tries to dump a load of guilt on me, I can say with authority, ‘Condemnation is not acceptable here. Jesus paid the price.’ I am far from perfect, but I will not drag yesterday’s failures into today. I am forgiven. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Apr 2021 03:24 #2555 by DrMike
Negative Chatter

Today's Scripture

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.” (John 14:1, NKJV)

With social media, so many people can hide behind being anonymous and say hurtful, critical things to try to make you feel small, unattractive, and not good enough. At times it may seem as though there’s a campaign against someone, but it’s usually just a handful of bullies, haters, and envious people. You can’t stop that from coming, but you can ignore it. Let it bounce right off you.

The trick of the enemy is to try to deceive you into thinking about it all the time, and then it contaminates your life. Don’t let the poison in. Don’t even bother to read it when it gets negative. Don’t call a friend and ask them what someone might be saying about you. Don’t let your heart be troubled; let God take care of it. You don’t have to defend yourself. God is your vindicator. Just run your race. Stay focused on moving forward, and He will take care of the rest.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that You are my vindicator, and You will protect my reputation as I keep on honoring You. Help me to let any negative chatter bounce off me and not read it or listen to it. I believe that You will handle it Your way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Apr 2021 07:06 #2556 by DrMike
You’re Not on Your Own

Today's Scripture

“When the Lord brings you into the Promised Land, as he soon will, he will destroy the following seven nations, all greater and mightier than you are.” (Deuteronomy 7:1, TLB)

God was about to take the Israelites into the Promised Land, but there were seven nations in their path that were bigger, stronger, and more powerful than the Israelites. Moses didn’t know what they were going to do. In the natural they could never defeat them. But God told them, “You don’t have to fight this in your own strength. I’m going to go before you and clear the path. I’m going to defeat your enemies so all you have to do is walk in and take the land.”

We all face situations where the odds are against us. It’s easy to think, This sickness…this debt…this addiction…these people coming against me are much more powerful. Don’t worry. God is going before you right now clearing the path. He’s making things happen that you couldn’t make happen. On your own you may be outnumbered, but you’re not on your own. The God who controls the universe says He will take care of your enemies.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that You’re defeating my enemies, and You’re bringing me into my Promised Land. Thank You that You’re going before me right now and clearing the path and doing what I cannot do on my own. I believe that the victory is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Apr 2021 10:03 #2557 by DrMike
Build Up the Walls

Today's Scripture

Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls. (Proverbs 25:28, NKJV)

When you let your feelings control you—anger, impatience, lust, a negative attitude—your walls of defense are down. The enemy can come in and run your life. God has given us self-control. Quit saying, “I can’t stop it. It’s too hard.” You have the ability, but self-control is like a muscle—if you never discipline yourself to walk away when you feel like taking the easy way out, then your self-control muscle is very weak. You have to start exercising it by saying no to your flesh. You have a destiny to fulfill. But as long as you are controlled by these ordinary impulses, God can’t release the amazing things He has in store for your future. Spiritual maturity has nothing to do with how many years you’ve been in church or how long you’ve known the Lord. It has everything to do with what kind of fruit you are displaying. Are you ruling over your emotions?

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that one of the fruit of the Spirit working in me is self-control. Thank You that I don’t have to be a slave to feelings that have tried to control me for years. I believe that as I say no to the flesh, I will reach my highest potential. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Apr 2021 04:19 #2558 by DrMike
A Place of Protection

Today's Scripture

“The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.” (Exodus 12:13, NIV)

In the last plague that God sent on Egypt in order to get the Pharaoh to let the people of Israel go free, God told Moses that the Israelites should mark their doorposts with a lamb’s blood so that the death angel could “pass over” their houses and spare them from the death of all the firstborn of Egypt. You can imagine how careful they were to follow the exact instructions.

Today, have you put the blood of the Lamb of God over your house, so to speak? When you say, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord,” in effect you’re putting that blood over your doorpost. God says no harm will come near your dwelling. When you’ve accepted the sacrifice of Christ’s salvation, you’re in a place of protection. No weapon formed against you will prosper. Because of the blood of the Son of the living God, there’s a blood line that the enemy cannot cross.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that I am covered by the blood of Jesus. Thank You that I have Your protection over every area of my life and family. I believe that You have put a blood line of protection around me and no weapon formed against me will prosper. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Apr 2021 06:47 #2559 by DrMike
No More Weak Prayers

Today’s Scripture

“...You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures...” (James 4:2–3, NKJV)

When James says “you ask amiss,” the word amiss means “sick, weak, miserable.” When we ask to just get by and endure, that’s a weak prayer. That’s asking amiss. God is saying, “I created the whole universe. Don’t come to Me with a weak prayer, asking Me to help you live in mediocrity. Ask big, knowing that I’m the God of more than enough. Ask Me to show out in your life, to heal you from that disease, to accelerate your goals.”

When you ask big, God calls that a healthy prayer. That’s when He says to the angels, “Go to work. Release My favor. Open new doors.” Ask to be the difference maker. Ask to set a new standard. When you say, “God, I don’t have the funds for this project, but I want to thank You that blessings are chasing me down,” that’s your faith being released. That’s what allows God to do great things.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You want to do great things in my life so that You will be glorified as the God who is more than enough. Help me to pray healthy prayers that release Your favor and open new doors. I declare that am taking the limits off You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Apr 2021 03:55 #2560 by DrMike
Something Big

Today’s Scripture

“...So Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife…and she gave birth to a son…Obed. He was the father of Jesse, the father of David...”(Ruth 4:13, 17, NIV)

A young widow named Ruth left her home country and moved to her elderly mother-in-law’s home to take care of her. They barely had enough food to survive. Ruth went into the fields to pick up the leftover wheat that the workers missed. One day Boaz, the wealthy man who owned the field, noticed Ruth and told his workers to leave handfuls of wheat on purpose for Ruth. Now she didn’t have to work nearly as hard. God was meeting their needs, and she was so grateful. But God is full of surprises. Just when you’re satisfied and think you’ve reached your limits, God has something bigger in mind. Boaz fell in love with Ruth, and they got married. Now instead of working in the field, Ruth owned the field! And on top of that, their great-grandson was named David. Ruth went from barely surviving to ending up in the family line of Jesus Christ. God has something big coming your way!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know every hardship and hurt, every unfair and difficult situation I have faced and will face. I choose to believe that You have more blessings and favor for me than I can dream. I believe that something big is coming my way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.855 seconds