Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

04 Mar 2021 12:06 #2531 by DrMike
Lifted Higher

Today's Scripture

“As an eagle stirs up its nest, hovers over its young, spreading out its wings, taking them up, carrying them on its wings…” (Deuteronomy 32:11, NKJV)

When I look back over my life, I see that the pivotal moments when I really grew came when I was pushed. At the time I didn’t like it, and I wanted to stay where I was. I wouldn’t have done it on my own. God had to shut doors and force me to take steps of faith. He pushed me into my purpose.

When things are stirring in your life, when things are uncomfortable and you don’t get your way—a door closes, a friend betrays you—shake off the self-pity and get ready for new doors to open, for new opportunities, new skills, and new friendships. Don’t complain and say, “Well, that’s just my luck. I never get any good breaks.” Turn it around and say, “God, I know You’re in control, and You’re stirring up things because I need to stretch and spread my wings. You’re about to take me to a higher level. You’re about to push me into my purpose.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know what’s best for me, and You’re pushing, stretching, and enlarging me for a reason. Thank You for closed doors as well as open doors. I believe that You’re stirring things up so I will spread my wings and rise to a higher level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2021 03:06 #2532 by DrMike
Scared into Greatness

Today's Scripture

Then Elijah passed by him and threw his mantle on him. And he left the oxen and ran after Elijah, and said, “Please let me kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow you.” (1 Kings 19:19–20, NKJV)

God told the prophet Elijah to anoint Elisha to succeed him as prophet. Elisha had a secure future in the family business that would be turned over to him one day. But when Elijah put his mantle around Elisha, something came alive in Elisha’s spirit. He knew he was supposed to leave the familiar and go into the unknown. But it was scary. His mind said, “A prophet’s life is hard. Stay where you are. Play it safe.” But down in his spirit, something said, “This is your destiny moment. Step out in faith,” so he did.

Some opportunities don’t come a second time. Life is too short to settle for things that you know are less than what is in you. What God has in your future may scare you, but if you take that step of faith, you’ll discover that God scared you into greatness, into levels you’ve never dreamed, into taking new ground where no one in your family has gone.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that what lies ahead and is unknown to me is well known to You. Challenge me with something scary. Bring something across my path so big that only You can make it happen. I trust that You will go before me and take me to the next level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

08 Mar 2021 04:00 #2533 by DrMike
Words Become Your Reality

Today's Scripture

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. Proverbs 18:21, NIV)

You are where you are today in part because of what you’ve been saying about yourself. Words are like seeds. When you speak something out, you give life to what you’re saying. If you continue to say it, eventually that can become a reality. Whether you realize it or not, you are prophesying your future. That’s great when you’re saying, “I’m blessed. I’m strong.” But it’s not great when you’re saying, “I never get a break. I’ll probably get laid off.” Your life moves in the direction of your words.

Think of your words as seeds you’re planting. At some point, you’re going to eat fruit from the exact seeds that you’ve been sowing, so make sure you’re planting the right seeds. In other words, you can’t talk negative and expect to live a positive life. If you don’t like what you’re eating, start sowing seeds of abundance and increase, and you’ll reap a harvest of good things.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my words have the creative power to change my life and become my reality. Help me to give my faith a voice by speaking words of life and blessing over myself and my future daily. I declare that I will sow seeds of abundance and increase and reap a harvest of good things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Mar 2021 03:59 #2534 by DrMike
Not “Here” But “There”

Today's Scripture

“You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.” (Mark 16:6–7, NIV)

When Mary Magdalene and two other women went to Jesus’ tomb after His death, an angel said to them, “He is not here. He has risen! He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see Him.” Notice that the angel said, “He is not here. He is there.” The angel was saying, in effect, “I know you’re hurting, but don’t stay here. Something better is waiting for you there.”

In other words, “here” is the disappointment, the bad medical report, the dream that didn’t work out. If you stay “here,” you’ll be discouraged. You have to go “there.” Sometimes the reason God doesn’t comfort us in the “here,” in the disappointment is because He doesn’t want us to stay where we are. “There” is where God is waiting for you. “There” is where the blessing is. The disappointment is simply a season. God has already gone ahead and lined up the next level. Move forward into “there.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are always going ahead in my life, lining up the next level, and You’re not in the past. Thank You that I don’t have to be stuck in the “here.” I believe that You are waiting for me in the “there” with restoration and blessing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Mar 2021 04:19 #2535 by DrMike
It’s the Hand of God

Today's Scripture

Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (Acts 8:26, NIV)

Philip was having great success preaching the gospel in Samaria. It must not have made sense when an angel told him to go out to that desert road, but there was a man, the treasurer of Ethiopia, traveling by there in a chariot who was reading the book of Isaiah. When Philip explained to him that Isaiah was talking about how Jesus came as the Savior, the man believed, was baptized, and had his life changed forever.

Like this man, because you honor God, right now there’s a Philip chasing your chariot. There are blessings that God has ordained to track you down, people who will use their influence, their knowledge, and their experience to push you forward. When you take time to put God first, to go to the house of the Lord, don’t be surprised if on your way home, if sometime this week, sometime this month, Philip shows up—something unusual happens, an unexpected blessing. It’s the hand of God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know where the good breaks are, the right connections, the opportunities that will thrust me into my purpose. Thank You that when I keep You first, Your goodness will rain down with blessings. I believe that Philip is already on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Mar 2021 06:03 #2536 by DrMike
Clean House

Today's Scripture

Asa conducted himself well before GOD, reviving the ways of his ancestor David. He cleaned house…and threw out all the idols his predecessors had made. (1 Kings 15:11–12, MSG)

King Asa took the throne of Judah and boldly removed the idols and pagan altars that his predecessors had allowed. He put a stop to what had been stopping Judah from prospering. When an army of a million men attacked Judah, Asa called out to God for help, and the Lord defeated that army with Judah taking an abundance of plunder.

Do you need to do some house cleaning? Are you letting things hang around that you know are not good? You need to put a stop to it before it stops you. You may need to remove the anger, the jealousy, the bitterness, a critical spirit. Remove it, and God will take you to a new level. He’ll make things happen that you could never make happen. Sometimes we think things on the outside are stopping us, but if we would look inside and remove what we know is not the best, we would see God’s favor in new ways.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can take the bold steps to remove those things I need to get out of my life. I can’t do it on my own, so I ask You for help to break and get rid of whatever needs to be removed. Help me clean my house. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Mar 2021 06:21 #2537 by DrMike
Peace Stealers

Today's Scripture

Let us therefore make every effort to enter that rest [of God, to know and experience it for ourselves]. (Hebrews 4:11, AMP)

“The rest of God” in today’s Scripture is a place where we know God is in control. But here’s the key: once you enter that rest, you’re not automatically going to stay there. Life is full of peace stealers. If you watch the news twenty-four hours a day, you will live worried, fearful, and on edge. If you get on social media and constantly compare yourself to others, you’ll never feel good about who you are because someone else will be more beautiful, more talented, more successful. If you let people dump all their problems on you, they will steal your peace and exhaust you.

There will always be people and circumstances trying to pull you out of God’s rest. If you’re going to live in peace, you have to put some boundaries up and be careful about what you feed your inner person—encouraging things that build you up and cause you to be positive, hopeful, inspired.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can make it my top priority to feed on Your Word and be built up with Your truth. Show me where I need to put up boundaries from anyone or anything that steals my peace. Keep me free from comparing myself to others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen”

Attachments:

15 Mar 2021 06:55 #2538 by DrMike
Be an Open Book

Today's Scripture

Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” (Mark 9:23–24, NKJV)

When the father in today’s Scripture cried out, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” he was being honest and vulnerable. Jesus could have said, “Sorry, but you have doubts.” But when you’re honest with God and get down to the real you—the scared you, the lonely you, the insecure you—God will begin to change things.

We think that when we have it all together, no fears or doubts or struggles, then we can be honest with God and He will accept us. But God is not waiting for the ideal you, for the future you, for the no-doubts you, for the cleaned-up you. God is waiting for the real you. He has mercy for every mistake, grace for every weakness, and faith for every fear. Our attitude should be, “My life is an open book. God, You know everything I am and everything I’m not. Make me, mold me, and change me where I need to be changed.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You never fault me for being honest about my struggles, my doubts, my weaknesses, and my fears. Thank You that You love me as I am, and You want the real me to come to You. I have nothing to hide. Make me, mold me, and change me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Mar 2021 04:11 #2539 by DrMike
When God Shoots You Out

Today's Scripture

The LORD took hold of me, and I was carried away by the Spirit of the LORD. (Ezekiel 37:1, NLT)

In today’s Scripture, the word carried means “to shoot out, to launch forward.” It implies acceleration. As God carries you through life, it’s not always going to be routine, predictable, little by little. There are times when God is going to shoot you out and propel you years down the road. He’ll give you a break that you don’t deserve. He’ll cause you to meet the right person. He’ll turn a problem around when you didn’t see a way.

Your destiny is bigger than you’ve dreamed. You may feel as though you’ll never get to where you’re supposed to be. When God shoots you out, you’re going to make up for lost time. No person, no bad break, no unfair situation, and no organization can stop you. The doors that are going to open, the people you’re going to meet, and the opportunities that are coming your way are going to be bigger, better, more rewarding that you’ve ever thought possible.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being a God who makes up for lost time. I believe that You will accomplish my dreams faster than I thought possible, and my future is bright because this is my time for acceleration. I believe that You will bless me beyond my dreams. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Mar 2021 04:05 #2540 by DrMike
Failure is an Event

Today's Scripture

But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:11, NIV)

In life, we’re all going to have times where we fall, make mistakes, and blow it. But too often, we get our performance mixed up with our identity. You may have failed, but you are not a failure. That’s what you did. Failure is an event. That’s not who you are. You are a child of the Most High God. You’ve been handpicked by the Creator of the universe. God is not judging you by your setbacks. Maybe you’ve blown a relationship, had an addiction, or done something you’re not proud of. Don’t let that become your identity. God’s mercy is bigger than any mistake that you’ve made.

Your sins have already been forgiven. Every mistake you’ve made and ever will make has already been paid in full. The real question is, will you receive God’s mercy? You don’t have to go around feeling guilty, not excited about your future. You are free. You are clean. You are restored.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your love and forgiveness for me is not based on my performance but upon the fact that I am Your child. Thank You that every mistake I’ve made and ever will make has already been paid in full by Jesus. I believe I am cleansed and free. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.910 seconds