Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 Feb 2021 04:28 #2521 by DrMike
Abundant Rain

Today's Scripture

You gave abundant showers, O God; you refreshed your weary inheritance. (Psalm 68:9, NIV)

It’s easy to lose our passion for life. At one time we loved to laugh, looked forward to the day, were believing for our dreams, but when things didn’t work out as we thought, we came into a dry place and life lost its flavor. You smile, but there’s no joy behind it. Sometimes we’re dry because we’re tired, the challenges have taken longer than we thought, and it seems we’ll never overcome them. We can be dry because somebody did us wrong, and instead of letting it go, we’ve become bitter.

You may feel the blahs, but this is when you have to take control of your thought life. That’s where the battle is taking place. God sees what you’re going through, and He’s about to give you an abundance of strength, joy, health, and resources. You’re coming out of that dry place into more than enough. Get your hopes up. Start expecting the abundant rain. That’s the way our God is.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are not limited by the dry places in which I sometimes find myself. Thank You that You see what I’m going through, and You’re sending the rain with overflow and abundance. I believe the victories in my past are going to pale in comparison to the victories in my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Feb 2021 07:18 #2522 by DrMike
Get Up

Today's Scripture

There was a certain man there who had suffered with a deep-seated and lingering disorder for thirty-eight years. (John 5:5, AMPC)

The man in John 5 is described as having a “lingering disorder.” It’s not just a physical condition; it’s when we dwell on the negative things of the past and make excuses to settle where we are. When Jesus asked this crippled man, “Do you want to get well?” the man responded with one excuse after another for why he hadn’t been healed. Those excuses had become a crutch. Jesus responded in effect, “If you’re serious about getting well, get up!”

How many of us would get out of defeat, mediocrity, and bad habits if we quit making excuses, quit feeling sorry for ourselves, and start pressing forward. We’ve all had unfair things happen that we can allow to become lingering disorders. But God is saying to you, “If you’re serious about getting well, you have to get up in your spirit, in your attitude, and in how you talk.” God’s waiting on you. When you get up, so to speak, you’ll see things begin to change.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the power You have given me to release any old thinking, old habits, any excuses, and any lingering disorder that would keep me from being my best. I am serious about getting well by letting go of the old and embracing the new. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

22 Feb 2021 04:38 #2523 by DrMike
The Refiner’s Fire

Today's Scripture

These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. (1 Peter 1:7, NIV)

The heroes of faith all went through times of difficulty when the Refiner’s fire proved the genuineness of their faith and separated them from the things that were holding them back. Peter was hot- tempered and used rough language. He told Jesus, “I’ll never deny you.” But when he was put in the fire of the trial of Christ, he denied that he knew Him. When you’re under pressure, you find out what’s really in you. That’s when impurities in your character come to light. If you let God refine you, you’ll come out better. That’s what happened to Peter. On the day of Pentecost, Peter preached and three thousand people came to Christ, the most in one meeting recorded in the Scripture.

That difficulty is not going to leave you broken, defeated, and scarred. It’s going to burn up any limitations that are holding you back. It’s going to separate you from anything that’s not God’s best. You’re going to come out ready for His highest purposes.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God, and You are refining my life with fire to draw out the impurities in my character. Thank You that every test of my faith is preparing me to go higher and to increase me. I believe that I am coming out better. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Feb 2021 06:03 #2524 by DrMike
Nothing Happens Until You Speak

Today's Scripture

Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy. (Psalm 107:2, NKJV)

In Luke 1, when an angel told Zechariah that his wife, Elizabeth, was going to have a baby, he said, “How can I be sure of this? We’re too old now.” The angel said, “It’s going to happen, but now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens.” That’s how powerful words are. God knew that if Zechariah went around speaking words of defeat, such as “This isn’t possible,” that would stop the promise.

God has spoken promises to your spirit that may seem impossible. Don’t talk yourself out of the miracle. Your words have creative power. When you speak something out, you’re giving it the right to come to pass. It’s one thing to believe you’re healed, but when you say “I am healed,” that releases the healing. It’s not enough to just believe you have favor or that you’re going to fulfill your dreams. Nothing happens until you speak. Get in agreement with God. Dare to declare what He put in your heart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promises You have spoken to my spirit. Thank You that I can speak words of faith that agree with Your promises and give them the right to come to pass. I will use my words to invite good things into my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Feb 2021 03:43 #2525 by DrMike
Shame Removal

Today's Scripture

“You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach…” (Isaiah 54:4, NIV)

In the Scripture, Isaac named his son Jacob, which means “trickster, deceiver, swindler,” and he became exactly that. Later in life, Jacob decided to confront his shameful past and change his life. One night the angel of the Lord told Jacob, “God is giving you a new name. You will be called Israel,” which means “a prince with God.” Instead of saying, “Jacob, shame on you,” He said, “Jacob, shame off you. I’ve called you to be a prince and reign in life.”

As with Jacob, you may be wearing negative labels that say addicted, washed up, undisciplined, not valuable, made too many mistakes, poor spouse, or bad parent. No, this is what grace is all about. None of us deserve it, but God says, “I’m removing the shame. I know who you are. I’m changing your name to redeemed, to forgiven, to prince, to princess, to highly favored. I’m going to make your life so rewarding, so fulfilling, so blessed, that you won’t even think about the shame.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that because of what Jesus has done on the cross, You remove the shame from my life. Thank You that You have made me into royalty and crowned me as highly favored, redeemed, and forgiven. I believe You have given me a new name and called me to reign in life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Feb 2021 06:29 #2526 by DrMike
Unexpected Sunshine

Today's Scripture

“If your eye is pure, there will be sunshine in your soul.” (Matthew 6:22, TLB)

When we have an attitude of faith—we’re positive, hopeful, expecting good things—that pure eye is letting sunshine into our life. But when we go around stressed out, worried, or thinking the clouds over our health or finances are never going to change, that’s stopping the sun. It’s causing more clouds to roll in, more defeat, and more mediocrity. We have to start letting some sunshine into our life. It doesn’t start with God; it starts with us.

Instead of being discouraged by the dark clouds, our attitude should be, “Any moment this can change. Healing is coming, promotion is coming, the right person is coming, breakthroughs are coming.” If you want to see the clouds open up, you have to have this expectancy. Shake off the negativity, quit talking about what’s not working out, and turn it around. “God, I know You’re in control of these clouds. They will pass. I believe at any moment I’m going to see that unexpected sunshine.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I walk by faith and not by sight. Thank You that Your power can turn clouded situations around, open the right door, and bring an abundance of unexpected favor. I am living with a sense of expectancy that You are about to bring some unexpected sunshine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Feb 2021 02:35 #2527 by DrMike
Kiss it Goodbye

Today's Scripture

Then she kissed them goodbye and they wept aloud… (Ruth 1:9, NIV)

In the Scripture, the husband of Naomi unexpectedly died, then ten years later both of her married sons died. Heartbroken and destitute, Naomi decided to move back to Bethlehem. Her daughter-in-law Ruth refused to leave her, but Orpah did. Naomi could have felt betrayed and angry, but instead, she kissed Orpah goodbye. Orpah represented Naomi’s hurts, disappointments, and broken dreams. Naomi was saying by her actions, “Life hasn’t been fair, but God can turn this to my advantage,” which is exactly what happened later in Bethlehem.

When life doesn’t turn out the way you thought, you have to learn to kiss negative things goodbye. People may walk away. It’s tempting to get bitter, hold a grudge, lose your passion. You have to kiss the bitterness goodbye, kiss the person that left you goodbye, kiss the dream that didn’t work out goodbye. You can’t embrace the new things God has in store as long as you’re holding on to the old.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are able to take the most unfair situations and turn them into positives. Thank You that You are directing my steps even through the hurts, the questions, and the disappointments. Help me learn to accept Your plan, kiss the negatives goodbye, and move on. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Mar 2021 02:23 #2528 by DrMike
God of the Valleys

Today's Scripture

“This is what the LORD says: ‘Because the Arameans think the LORD is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver this vast army into your hands, and you will know that I am the LORD.’” (1 Kings 20:28, NIV)

The Israelites defeated the army of King Ben-Hadad on the top of a mountain. One of his assistants said to him, “Their gods are the gods of the hills. That’s why they were stronger than us. If we fight them in the valleys, we will certainly defeat them.” So Ben-Hadad attacked the Israelites in the valley. God said to the Israelites, “They think I’m just the God of the mountains and not the valleys. I will help you defeat them to show them that I am the God of both.”

When we’re on the mountain, getting good breaks and life is good, we know God is with us. But sometimes when we’re in the valley, we think, “God, where are You? Why is this happening to me?” Be encouraged. Our God is also the God of the valleys. David says, “He’s a very present help in times of trouble.” When you’re in the valley, God is right there with you, a very present help.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are God of both my mountains and my valleys. Thank You that when I am in the valleys, You will show out that You are my Lord. I believe and declare that You are my very present help in any time of trouble. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Mar 2021 03:56 #2529 by DrMike
Ask Big

Today's Scripture

On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon.” (Joshua 10:12, NIV)

One day when Joshua and the Israelite army were fighting a battle late in the day, he knew he wasn’t going to be able to finish the enemy off unless he had more daylight. He could have thought, “Too bad. They’ll escape in the night.” No, he knew he was heavy with God’s favor, so he prayed a bold prayer: “Sun, stand still.” The Scripture says the sun stopped and didn’t go down until Joshua completely defeated the enemy.

Are you praying bold prayers, expecting God to show out in your life? Would you dare do as Joshua did and ask God to do something out of the ordinary to bring those dreams to pass that seem too far out? It may not look logical for an average person, but God is for you. Ask in spite of what the enemy keeps whispering in your ears. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to learn this principle of asking big.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when the odds are against me, You are for me. Thank You that nothing and no one is more powerful than You, and I can dare to pray bold prayers. I believe that You are going to show out in my life as You did with Joshua. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Mar 2021 06:49 #2530 by DrMike
Take the High Road

Today's Scripture

And Laban said to him, Please stay, if I have found favor in your eyes, for I have learned by experience that the LORD has blessed me for your sake. Then he said, Name me your wages, and I will give it. (Genesis 30:27 28, NKJV)

For many years Jacob worked for his father-in-law, Laban, who lied to him, cheated him, and treated him unfairly. Jacob could have walked away in anger, but he took the high road and kept being his best, and Laban's livestock increased abundantly because of the favor on Jacob's life. But when Jacob finally decided to leave, Laban begged him to stay, offering him whatever wages he wanted. You may have people who haven't kept their word to you. They don't value who you are. Don't be offended. Be a Jacob and keep doing the right thing. They may discount you now, but there will come a time when they recognize they are blessed because of you, and they'll do anything to keep you. When Jacob left, he was not only a very wealthy man, but he left with the respect and the honor that he wasn't given for many years. God is your vindicator. If you stay on the high road, He'll make it up to you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You see everything that has happened to me. Thank You that I can let go of every unfair thing and forgive quickly before bitterness can come in. I declare that You are my vindicator, and You will make my wrongs right. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds