Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Jan 2021 07:26 #2491 by DrMike
Hold on to Your Crown

Today's Scripture

You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. (Psalm 8:5, NIV)

When God breathed His life into you, He put a crown of glory and honor on your head. This crown represents your authority. It represents God’s blessing and favor on your life. It’s a reminder that you are royalty. When you’re wearing your crown, you’ll have a sense of entitlement, thinking, I have a right to be blessed and live in victory because I’m wearing a crown of honor put there by my Creator.

Jesus said, “Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.” Throughout life, there will always be someone or something trying to take your crown. People will talk about you, trying to make you look bad, to push you down. What they’re really doing is trying to take your crown. Don’t let them have it. Nobody can take your crown. You have to let go of what was said or done to you rather than let go of your crown.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have put a crown of glory and honor on my head by Your grace. Thank You that I am not less than others or just average, but You have made me royalty. I declare I will not allow anyone or anything to take my crown. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jan 2021 02:20 #2492 by DrMike
Enlarged

Today's Scripture

I called to the LORD in distress; the LORD answered me and set me in a broad place. (Psalm 118:5, NKJV)

King David didn’t get enlarged in the good times; he was enlarged when things weren’t going his way. While he was alone out in the shepherds’ fields, it looked as though he would never accomplish his dreams. But those years helped prepare him to become a champion. When he killed Goliath, it happened because he went through the dark places with a good attitude. When he was distressed and felt as though God had forgotten about him, his attitude was, “God, this is a dark place, but I’m developing patience and perseverance and learning to trust You.” At the right time, he came out of that dark place increased, promoted, and better off than he had been before.

You may feel alone, abandoned, and mistreated, but dare to believe that He is blessing you even in the dark places. Be faithful in the shepherds’ field. It may not be easy, but faith is trusting in God when life doesn’t make sense.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You bless me even in the dark places, and what’s meant for my harm is going to bring me into a broad place. Thank You that You are preparing me to become a champion. I declare that I am trusting in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

05 Jan 2021 07:13 #2493 by DrMike
Power Up

Today's Scripture

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. (Ephesians 6:11, NIV)

When you get out of bed in the morning, the first thing you should do is power up. Get your mind going in the right direction. Remind yourself: “I’m ready for this day. I am equipped. I am empowered. I have my armor on. I have my shoes of peace. I’m not going to get upset. I’m not going to let people steal my joy. I’m not going to fight battles that aren’t between me and my destiny. I have my helmet of salvation. I know I am forgiven. I am redeemed. I am approved by Almighty God. I’ve been handpicked by the Creator of the universe. I have my shield of faith. I’m expecting great things. I have my sword of the Spirit; I’m speaking God’s Word. I know every enemy is under my feet. I’ve been armed with strength for this battle.”

What are you doing? Powering up, getting prepared for a blessed, victorious, faith-filled day.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that no weapon formed against me will prosper. Thank You that I can put on Your armor today that is like a hedge of protection, mercy, and favor around me. I declare that I am armed and ready for the battle. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

06 Jan 2021 05:11 #2494 by DrMike
It All Can Change in a Day

Today's Scripture

Elisha replied, “The Lord says that by this time tomorrow two gallons of flour or four gallons of barley grain will be sold in the markets of Samaria for a dollar!” (2 Kings 7:1, TLB)

An army had surrounded the city of Samaria, cut off the Israelites’ food supply, and clogged up their waterways so they couldn’t get any water. The people were starving and beyond desperate. When Elisha spoke today’s Scripture, the people thought he’d lost his mind. One leader said, “That couldn’t happen even if the Lord opened the windows of heaven.” Yet if you continue reading the story, it did happen just as Elisha said, miraculously, and there was a sudden abundance of food.

For some of the things that seem impossible that they could turn around or happen, you’re going to be amazed. You’re looking in the natural, but we serve a supernatural God. Get in agreement with God. Believe that things are going to fall into place, opportunity is going to come to you, people will go out of their way to be good to you. You couldn’t have made it happen. It’s the hand of God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I believe, angels go to work, forces of darkness are pushed back, and things begin to change in my favor. Thank You that whether You do it tomorrow or next year, You will take care of my every need. I believe it’s on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Jan 2021 04:59 #2495 by DrMike
What Makes You Different

Today's Scripture

“But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the LORD, am in this land. I will make a distinction between my people and your people.” (Exodus 8:22–23, NIV)

When God sent plague after plague on Pharaoh and his people in order to free the Israelites from slavery, what’s interesting is that the Israelites lived right next door, but the plagues never touched them. Whether it was swarms of flies, hordes of frogs, or their livestock, the Israeli side was untouched. God put a distinction of favor and blessing upon His people.

God has also put a distinct favor on you that causes you to be different from those who don’t honor God. The Scripture talks about how you’ve been called out, set apart as God’s people. It says that His face shines down on you and causes you to stand out. There’s a marked difference. You have an advantage. You’re not doing life by yourself. It’s not up to just your skill, your talent, your connections. There’s a force behind you breathing in your direction, protecting you, guiding you, favoring you. The Most High God has set you apart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your face is smiling down on me today, and I’m not doing life on my own. Thank You that You’ve put a distinction on my life that causes me to stand out. I believe that I will defy the odds that stand against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Jan 2021 07:22 #2496 by DrMike
One More Time

Today's Scripture

Then Samson prayed to the LORD, “Sovereign LORD, remember me again. O God, please strengthen me just one more time. With one blow let me pay back the Philistines for the loss of my two eyes.” (Judges 16:28, NLT)

Samson was given supernatural strength to deliver God’s people from their enemies and couldn’t be defeated, but he let his moral guard down and ended up losing his strength, was blinded, and made a slave. It was his fault, but God never gives up on us. One day while Samson was being ridiculed by his captors, he prayed for strength “just one more time,” and God gave Samson the strength to push the middle pillars of the temple, collapsing the building, and killing more enemies in his death than he had during his lifetime.

You may have made mistakes, but that is not how your story ends. You have not seen your greatest victories. You have not sung your best song. You have not written your best book. You have not played your best play. If you shake off the guilt, God has a one more time coming your way. He has something bigger, more rewarding than you’ve ever imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the destiny that You have called me to fulfill. Thank You that You have redeemed me, and Your mercies cover my mistakes and failures. I’m going to keep moving forward knowing that You always have another ‘one more time’ for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Jan 2021 03:22 #2497 by DrMike
Live Joyfully

Today's Scripture

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (Proverbs 17:22, ESV)

Everyone deals with stress and challenges, but don’t let that deceive you into going through life solemn and grumpy. All work and no play are out of balance. You have to give yourself permission to enjoy your life. You have serious responsibilities, but you can still have a joyful heart. Start taking your medicine every single day. One of the greatest stress relievers God has given us is laughter. Laughing makes us feel better and releases healing throughout our systems.

When was the last time you had a good hearty laugh? If it’s been awhile, maybe your laugher is rusted and needs to be overhauled! You don’t know how much better you would feel and the energy you’d pick up if you’d just learn to laugh more often. Developing a sense of humor and looking for opportunities to laugh can make a big difference in the quality of your life. Find something funny that makes you laugh out loud every day.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the healing power in laughter and a joyful heart. Thank You that You created me with a sense of humor and with a way to release some of the stress I feel through laughter. I will knock the rust off my laugher and learn to laugh more. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Jan 2021 02:36 #2498 by DrMike
He’s Giving You His Kingdom

Today's Scripture

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. (Ephesians 2:4–5, NIV)

The apostle Paul talked about the great love wherewith God loved us and brought us salvation. It wasn’t a get-by or don’t-bother-me love. God is madly in love with you. What He has in store is going to boggle your mind. His kingdom is rich in mercy, filled with joy, favor, and blessings. He has things in your future that you’ve never dreamed of. The question is, are you expecting it?

God is not limited by what you don’t have, by how you were raised, by your education. His favor on your life will open doors you couldn’t open and cause you to accomplish more with less talent. His blessing will bring divine connections, people who will use their influence to push you forward. Now get in agreement with God. All through the day be saying, “Father, thank You that You’re giving me Your kingdom, opening the right doors, and taking me where I could not go on my own.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your great love, for being rich in mercy, and for making me alive with Jesus. Thank You that Your grace has been poured out upon me. I believe that You are giving me Your kingdom and taking me where I could not go on my own. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Jan 2021 03:08 #2499 by DrMike
Covered by Mercy

Today's Scripture

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. (Titus 3:4–5, NIV)

Saul was persecuting the church when God appeared to him and changed him into the apostle Paul. God doesn’t give us what we deserve. We deserve the consequences of our actions; we deserve judgment, but God gives us mercy. He knows how to make miracles out of our mistakes. The accusing voices will tell you, “You’re done, and it’s your fault. You know you weren’t supposed to do it. It’s your mess.” No, God is so merciful that He’ll not only bring you out, He’ll clean up your mess.

You may be in a mess of your own doing right now. God has mercy for that mistake. His mercy is not based on your performance. You are covered with mercy not just when you measure up but even when you blow it, even when you fail. He can make a miracle out of that mess. Get up every morning and thank God not only for His goodness, but thank Him for His mercy.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your mercies that are new every morning and for Your great faithfulness. Thank You that my mistakes and failures are not too much for Your mercy. I believe that I am covered by Your mercy that makes miracles out of mistakes. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Jan 2021 03:39 #2500 by DrMike
God is Listening

Today's Scripture

Miriam and Aaron talked against Moses behind his back because of his Cushite wife…They said, “Is it only through Moses that GOD speaks? Doesn’t he also speak through us?” GOD overheard their talk. (Numbers 12:1–2, MSG)

Moses’ sister and brother, Miriam and Aaron, began to talk against Moses because he married a woman from a different nationality. They were trying to make him look bad and questioning his leadership. Notice that when people are talking about you, God hears it. He’s your defender, and He’s never lost a case. It goes on to say this angered the Lord, and He dealt with them because they had spoken against the reputation of one of His children.

God takes it seriously when someone tries to discredit you, belittle you, or make you look bad. You don’t have to get upset. God is listening. He knows how to change their mind. Sometimes He’ll cause them to be quiet; other times He’ll let them keep talking and just keep promoting you. The more they talk, the higher you’ll go. They think they’re hurting you, but they’re doing you a favor. God is paying you back by taking you to new levels.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are so aware of and intimately involved with what is going on in my life. Thank You that You haven’t left me on my own, but You step in and defend me when I need it. I am going to relax and stay at peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.727 seconds