Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

21 Oct 2020 03:42 #2451 by DrMike
It’s in the Unknown

Today's Scripture

“Yes, come,” Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. (Matthew 14:29, NLT)

When Jesus came walking across the stormy sea in the darkness of night, Peter was the only disciple who had the courage to walk on the water to Him. One can imagine the other disciples saying, “It’s too dangerous! Don’t go!” But when Jesus told him to come, Peter stepped out into the unknown and walked on water. He didn’t let what was familiar and comfortable in his life keep him from getting out of the boat and becoming who he was created to be.

You can’t play it safe your whole life and reach the fullness of your destiny. What God has in store for your future is going to boggle your mind—the places He wants to take you, the people you’re going to influence, the dreams you’re going to accomplish. Don’t let the what-ifs talk you out of it. “What if I fail? What if they say no?” You’ll never know unless you try—it’s in the unknown.

A Prayer For Today

“Father, thank You that the stormy seas and waves of my life are no problem for You. I choose to obey You quickly. Help me not to overthink things, but trust Your leading in my life. I declare that I am willing to step out of my comfort zone. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2020 15:53 #2452 by DrMike
Counted by the Creator

Today’s Scripture

“Isn’t it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, chose these “nobodies” to expose the hollow pretensions of the “somebodies”?...” (1 Corinthians 1:27, MSG)

In Luke 9, when Jesus fed the five thousand, they only counted the men. They didn’t count the children or the women, who were regarded as second class, less than back then. Yet it was a small boy, the least likely among the crowd, who brought the lunch that fed the crowd. God uses people that other people don’t count.

Could it be that you’re not reaching your highest potential because you feel like you’re not counted, you’re lacking in some area, now you’re not expecting anything good, not pursuing your dreams? No, you need to have a new perspective. You’re a prime candidate for God to show out in your life. You may feel weak, but God wants to show Himself strong. You may feel like the least likely, but God wants to do something so amazing in your life that it will astound the people around you. You’ve been counted; you’ve been qualified. What God spoke over your life will come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that even if others discount me, You count me, and You are the only One who really matters. Thank You that You have qualified me to do what You have destined me to do. I believe that You will take what I have and multiply it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

30 Oct 2020 03:19 #2453 by DrMike
He Gives You His World

Today’s Scripture

“Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion...” (Isaiah 30:18, NIV)

Do you ever think about the way your heavenly Father feels about you? He’s been thinking about you a long time. Jesus says, “It is the Father’s good pleasure to the give you the kingdom.” He doesn’t say, “Okay, you’re here, and I have to take care of you, but you’re a pain.” No, you’re not a burden to God.

You’re not inconveniencing Him. You’re the apple of His eye. He’s saying to you, “I can’t wait to give you My world.” His world is big, abundant, full of favor, joy, peace, and opportunity. He’s going to take you places you never dreamed, open doors bigger than you’ve imagined, and bring talent out of you that you didn’t known you had. He loves showing you favor, doing things that amaze you, making you stand out. He takes pleasure in giving you His world. Stir your faith up, believe big, pray bold prayers, and dream God-sized dreams that honor Him. Keep Him first place.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your heart of compassion that longs to be gracious to me. Thank You that it is Your pleasure to give me the kingdom, to give me Your world. I am taking the limits off You and expecting to be surprised by Your goodness and love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Nov 2020 03:37 #2454 by DrMike
Be a Person of Integrity

Today’s Scripture

“I will walk with integrity of heart within my house...” (Proverbs 4:23, NIV)

Solomon said, “A good name is worth more than great riches.” Your reputation is one of the most valuable things you have, and it is built on the foundation of your personal integrity. A person of integrity does the right thing when no one is watching. You can have talent, determination, and vision, but without integrity, you won’t reach your full potential.

Where does it start? In today’s Scripture, David was saying, “Starting in my private life, when I could compromise, give in to temptation, cheat people, instead I’m going to do the right thing. I’m going be a person of excellence and show God that He can trust me.” He went on to say, “I will not look at anything impure. I won’t watch things that are going to poison me. I will not have anything to do with crooked dealings, things that are shady, not ethical.” Your name is too important to let it become tarnished by not having integrity.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that down at the foundation of my life I can be a person of integrity, someone who’s true to You no matter what. Thank You that as I honor You, You are a shield of protection to me. I will not let small things keep me from Your big blessings. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Nov 2020 03:17 #2455 by DrMike
Be Happy with Who You Are

Today’s Scripture

“...I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway...” (Romans 7:19, NLT)

Many people don’t really like who they are. They focus on their faults, their weaknesses. They’re constantly critical toward themselves. That recording of all the things wrong with them keeps playing in their mind, “You’re impatient. You blew your diet. You should be ashamed of yourself.” They wonder why they’re not happy, not realizing they have an inner war going on. It’s very freeing when you can be happy with who you are even though you have some areas in which you still need to improve.

Think about what the apostle Paul said in today’s Scripture. Even he still struggled in some areas. If he would have been down on himself, he would have never written almost half the books of the New Testament and become one of the heroes of faith. You don’t have to have it all together to do something great. If you’re waiting till you overcome every weakness and perform perfectly, you’ll be waiting your whole life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that though there are areas of my life that need to improve, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. I know You are changing me little by little. I believe that what You started in my life, You are going to finish. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Nov 2020 06:14 #2456 by DrMike
Treasure Up These Things

Today’s Scripture

“...But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart...” (Luke 2:19, NIV)

Mary was engaged to the man of her dreams when the angel appeared and said she was going to have a baby, the Messiah, without knowing a man. We focus on how amazing that supernatural birth was and forget that she had to explain that to her fiancé, Joseph, who would in all likelihood call off the wedding. She had to accept the fact that for her whole life she would have to put up with shameful rumors and negative comments about who the father was. She could have easily been defensive, cynical, and bitter. But today’s Scripture says she took in all that God had said and “pondered it in her heart.” She thought about it over and over. What she kept close to her heart was what God promised her.

When worries come, people are spreading rumors about you, or a loss happens, keep what God has promised and said about you close to your heart. You will rise above the negative.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can shut the door on the negative that comes against me and keep what You have promised and said about me close to my heart. Thank You that none of these things need move me. I believe that I will rise about the negatives. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Nov 2020 03:30 #2457 by DrMike
Learn Contentment

Today’s Scripture

“...I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound...” (Philippians 4:11–12, NKJV)

It’s good to have dreams and goals. We should be stretching our faith. But while we’re waiting for promises to come to pass, we shouldn’t be discontent where we are. When we’re unhappy, frustrated, and wondering if something is ever going to change, we’re dishonoring God. We’re so focused on what we want that we’re taking for granted and not being thankful for what God has given us.

The apostle Paul said he had to learn to be content. It doesn’t happen automatically. It’s a choice we have to make. Being content doesn’t mean that we don’t want change, that we give up on our dreams, or that we settle where we are. It means we don’t live our life always wanting something else. We see the gift in what we have right now, and we’re trusting God’s timing. We know He is working behind the scenes, and at the right time, He will get us to where we’re supposed to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what my circumstances are, I don’t have to live stressed and frustrated and discontent. Thank You that You are teaching me to be content with where I am and with what I have. I am trusting Your timing with my wants. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Nov 2020 03:21 #2458 by DrMike
Know Who You Are and Aren’t

Today’s Scripture

“...This was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders sent priests and Temple assistants from Jerusalem to ask John, “Who are you?” He came right out and said, “I am not the Messiah”...” (John 1:19–20, NLT)

John the Baptist was baptizing people and gaining a lot of attention when the Jewish leaders asked him if he was the Messiah. Without missing a beat, John said, “I am not.” It’s important to know who you are and who you’re not. If you don’t know this, you can spend your life trying to be something you’re not. Knowing what you’re not will help you stay focused on becoming who you are because there will always be pressures to be this, to be that, to be the other. If you’re trying to be something you’re not, you’ll be frustrated. There’s no grace for it. It will be a constant struggle, like it’s always uphill. When you’re you, you activate your anointing. The anointing on your life is to be who God called you to be. There’s a favor, a blessing, a grace that is unique to your life.

Be confident in what you have. Keep being who God’s made you to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me gifts and talents to fulfill my destiny, and they are different from what others have been given. Thank You for the blessing of being different and the privilege of making the most of what You’ve given me. I will be content. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Nov 2020 02:25 #2459 by DrMike
Balancing Your Books

Today’s Scripture

“...I will give them back everything they’ve lost. The last word is, I will have mercy on them...” (Jeremiah 33:26, MSG)

In accounting, the term balancing the books means making up for a loss. If an account has a deficit, when you balance the books, you have to first take all the losses, all the deficits, and total them up. Then you know how much you need to add to balance it. When the books are balanced, nobody can tell there’s ever been a loss.

In the same way, God has promised that He will balance the books of our lives. We all go through things that put us at a deficit—a rough childhood, the loss of a loved one, something that doesn’t make sense. If nothing changed, we would be out of balance. Life is not always fair, but God is fair. You may go through seasons when you’re out of balance, but God is going to settle your case. He will add up all the losses, the disappointments, and the heartaches, and He will pay you back.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have seen the hurts in my life, and You feel my pain. I may be unbalanced right now, but thank You that You have promised to balance my books. I believe that You already have a way to settle my case and pay me back. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Nov 2020 03:12 #2460 by DrMike
Faith Gets God’s Attention

Today’s Scripture

“...In Lystra there sat a man who was lame. He had been that way from birth and had never walked.He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed...” (Acts 14:8–9, NIV)

We all have difficulties and reasons to be sour, but we can’t let those things talk us out of what God wants to do. In today’s Scripture, Paul could see an expectancy on this man’s expression that he had the faith to be healed. Paul stopped his message and said, “Stand up!” The man jumped up and began to walk for the first time.

The question is, can your faith be seen like this man’s was? Can anybody notice that you’re expecting to go to a new level? Are you talking like it’s going to happen, thinking like it’s going to happen, acting like it’s going to happen? There should be an expectancy that you’re ready to be healed, ready to be free, ready to go to a new level. “What I’ve believed God will do for me could happen today!” When your faith can be seen in your attitude, in your expressions, in how you talk, that’s what gets God’s attention.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I walk by faith and not by sight. Thank You that Your power can turn impossible situations around, open the right door, and bring an abundance of unexpected favor. I am living with a sense of expectancy that You will do great things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.205 seconds