Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Sep 2020 03:24 #2421 by DrMike
It’s Payback Time

Today’s Scripture

“...And I will make the Egyptians favorably disposed toward this people, so that when you leave you will not go empty-handed...” (Exodus 3:21, NIV)

After the Israelites had been in slavery for 430 years, God said, “I have seen the affliction of My people. I’ve heard their cries. I am coming down to deliver them.” God was saying, “Enough is enough. It’s payback time.” It was a great miracle for the Israelites to be set free, but God was keeping the records and said they wouldn’t leave empty-handed. On their way out, the Israelites asked the Egyptians for their gold, silver, and jewelry. God gave them favor, and the Egyptians willingly gave it to the Israelites.

You may be in an unfair situation for a long time, but God is saying, “I’m coming down to do something about it.” Things are about to change in your favor. Payback is coming, healing is coming, promotion is coming, vindication is coming, new relationships are coming. You’re not going to come out empty-handed. You’re going to come out loaded, better than you were, promoted, stronger, healthier, and at a new level.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that You are a God of justice and You keep the records. Thank You that the time comes when You say that enough is enough, that it’s payback time. I believe that things are about to shift in my favor and blessing is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Sep 2020 07:38 #2422 by DrMike
You Have the Authority

Today’s Scripture

“...Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you...” (Luke 10:19, ESV)

If God be for you, who dare be against you? Quit telling yourself, “I’ll always struggle in this area. I’ll never lose this weight. I’ll never get out of debt.” Change your perspective. You are not weak, defeated, or inferior. You are full of “can do” power. The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives inside you. Tap into that power. Greater is He that’s in you than he that comes against you. You are more than a conqueror.

Now start putting things under your feet. Think of that word tread in today’s Scripture. One translation says “to trample.” God has not only put it under your feet, but He has armed you with authority and strength to be victorious. He has already equipped you. If you will see these obstacles as being under your feet, as being already defeated, a new boldness will rise up. Your faith will activate God’s power in a new way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me power to tread on all the power of the enemy because Your Spirit lives in me. I believe that I can look down in faith and see my obstacles as being stepping stones to take me higher. I am more than a conqueror. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

03 Sep 2020 08:00 #2423 by DrMike
It’s the Heart That Matters

Today’s Scripture

“...The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him...” (2 Chronicles 16:9, NLT)

When Jesus chose His twelve disciples, He didn’t choose people who had it all together. He didn’t choose the Pharisees, who kept all the religious rules, prayed at the right time, and gave what was required but whose hearts were not right. He chose people who had lots of flaws, who came out of dysfunction and weren’t raised in a religious environment. Man looks on the outside, at the performance, the credentials, the background, but God looks beyond all that. He knows it’s the heart that matters. He chose those whose hearts were committed to Him.

God is not looking for people who have a perfect performance. He’s looking for people who desire to please Him. Your behavior, attitude, and character may need some improvement, but just as with the disciples, God is saying, “I know your heart is sincere; your heart is set to do the right thing. So I’m going to show Myself strong in your life.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can come to You with an open and willing heart. Search me and know me. I struggle and make mistakes, and there is so much I need to improve on in my character, but my heart is committed to You. Show Yourself strong in my life today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Sep 2020 07:37 #2424 by DrMike
Restful Waters

Today’s Scripture

“...Let him have all your worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you...” (1 Peter 5:7, TLB)

Worry is a thief that steals your joy, your energy, and your sleep at night. You don’t make good decisions when you’re worried. You weren’t created to be constantly worried about your health, upset about your job, or stressed out over a friend who had been rude. Your mind needs a break. You weren’t designed to carry all that load. You have to turn your cares over to God.

David had all kinds of opposition and enemies coming against him. He could have lived upset and worried, but he understood this principle: “The Lord is my shepherd. He leads me to restful waters.” David was saying, “The way I keep my sanity and protect my peace on a regular basis is to go down to the still waters. I empty out all the worry and anxiety.” He let his mind rest. It can be chaotic all around you—traffic, people, problems, drama—but on the inside, in your spirit, you’re at rest.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my good shepherd who leads me to restful waters. I turn my cares over to You, knowing I can’t carry this load on my own, but You can and will on my behalf. I declare that I am resting in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Sep 2020 03:48 #2425 by DrMike
God Loves Imperfect People

Today’s Scripture

“...While he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him...” (Luke 15:20, NIV)

Most of the time, we believe that God loves us as long as we’re making good decisions, resisting temptation, and treating people right. But there will be times when you compromise, times when you have doubts, times when you fail. When we don’t perform perfectly, it’s easy to think that God is far from us.

I say this respectfully, but sometimes religion pushes people down. It says, “If you make poor choices, you’re on your own.” But the truth is that when you fall, God doesn’t turn away from you. He comes running toward you. When you blow it, God doesn’t say, “Too bad. You had your chance.” Rather, He comes after you with a greater passion. When you make a mistake, God loves you so much that He pursues you. He won’t leave you alone until He sees you restored and back on the right course. That’s the mercy of God coming after you. God loves imperfect people.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your love and forgiveness are not based on my performance but upon the fact that I am Your child. Thank You that You love me, imperfect as I am, and that every mistake I’ve made and ever will make has already been paid for in full. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Sep 2020 03:40 #2426 by DrMike
This is Real Love

Today’s Scripture

“...This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins...” (1 John 4:10, NLT)

“Real love” is not our love for God, it’s God’s love for us. When we try to perform to gain His love, the problem is that we can never measure up. There will always be something we can’t do right, some reason we can’t feel good about ourselves. Why don’t you take the pressure off and receive real love, God’s love for you?

That’s what the lady who was caught in the act of adultery had to do in John 8. When her religious accusers walked away, failing to condemn her, Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” He didn’t say, “Go and change your ways, quit giving in to the temptation, and then I’ll love you, then I’ll be for you.” Just the opposite. He first said, “I don’t condemn you.” Before He talked about her behavior, before he addressed the issues, Jesus made sure she knew she was the one whom He loved.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your love is the real love that I need to change my life. Thank You that You sent Jesus as a sacrifice to take away my sins that I might receive Your love as a gift. I receive it now, and I believe I am the one whom You love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Sep 2020 03:42 #2427 by DrMike
Find the Good

Today’s Scripture

“...And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good...” (Genesis 1:3–4, NIV)

When God created the heavens and the earth on the first day, He said, “Let there be light,” and light came. There were no skies, no animals, and the earth was formless and empty, but God said it was “good.” An observer would have said, “God, it’s not good; it’s a mess. Nothing is in order.” And He would have responded, “Don’t worry. You’re only seeing day one. Wait till you see what it looks like when it’s ‘very good’ at the end of day six.”

Sometimes we’re so focused on our flaws, weaknesses, shortcomings, and how we should be further along that it holds us back. You need to focus on what you’re doing right. Find the good along the way; thank Him for the partial. If you don’t celebrate the good in day one, in the season that you’re in, you won’t see day two. If you’ll be grateful for the good, God will get you to very good.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that You created the heavens and earth, and You made me as well. Thank You that You’re not finished working in my life, and I celebrate the good. I believe that as I give thanks for the good that You will get me to very good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

10 Sep 2020 07:04 #2428 by DrMike
Turn Off the Accusing Voices

Today’s Scripture

“...The accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.” Revelation 12:10, NKJV)

The enemy will remind you of everything you’ve ever done wrong. It’s easy to live in regret, thinking about what you did or didn’t do. Don’t go through life looking in your rearview mirror, being down on yourself, living in regret. You can’t do anything about the past, but you can do something about your future. The moment you asked God to forgive you, He forgave you. Why don’t you forgive yourself and empty out all the guilt? Turn off the accusing voices that try to deceive you into living with condemnation.

None of us deserve to be blessed. We deserve judgment. This is what God’s mercy is all about. That’s why it’s called “the good news.” Your sins have already been paid for and forgiven. You don’t have to pay God back. When the accuser says, “You blew it again!” just answer, “I’m not perfect, but I’m forgiven, and I’m moving forward.” Don’t let guilt poison your future.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, and that includes me. Thank You that the enemy has no power over my life. I declare that I’m not perfect, but I am forgiven, and I’m moving forward in victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Sep 2020 02:43 #2429 by DrMike
Don’t Give Your Identity Away

Today’s Scripture

“...The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in GOD protects you from that...” (Proverbs 29:25, MSG)

One day a large crowd of people celebrated Jesus’ arrival in Jerusalem, shouting, “Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!” A few days later, those same people were shouting, “Crucify Him!” When Jesus went to trial and needed His closest friends to support Him, most of His disciples had fled, one had betrayed Him, and Peter denied Him.

If you don’t know who you are without other people, then if they leave, you’ll be lost. They’ll take you with them because your identity was caught up in who they made you to be. Then you’ll have to try to find somebody else to tell you who you are. Don’t put your identity, your value into somebody else’s hands. You don’t need their approval or for them to tell you who you are. Your value came from your Creator. Let Him tell you who you are. Get your value, your self-worth, your approval from Him.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that I don’t have to look to someone else to tell me who I am because You have already told me that I am Your masterpiece and prized possession. I declare that my identity and value is securely in Your hands, and I’m not looking to others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

14 Sep 2020 05:33 #2430 by DrMike
The Laughter of Amazement

Today’s Scripture

“...When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy...” (Psalm 126:1–2, NIV)

The Israelites had been taken into captivity by the Babylonians. The return and the restoration of Jerusalem had been anticipated for so long that it seemed like a dream to them. Some of them had waited their entire lifetime. Their joy was beyond containing. They were laughing in amazement, saying, “This is like a dream. It’s too good to be true.”

Some of the things you’ve been dreaming about—to get out of debt, to start that business, to meet the right person, to finish college—the odds may be against you, it seems laughable, but God is about to surprise you. Stay in faith, because like the Israelites, the day is coming where God fills your mouth with the laughter of amazement. It’s going to seem like a dream. You’re not only going to be amazed, but the people around you are going to be so in awe that all they can do is laugh with you.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You for the things You’ve put into my heart that seem laughable and that I have to dare to believe can happen. Thank You that You do what seems to be too good to be true. I’m going to stay in faith and look forward to laughing in amazement. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.210 seconds