Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

24 Jun 2020 06:44 #2381 by DrMike
How Great is His Goodness

Today’s Scripture

“...How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world...” (Psalm 31:19, NLT)

King David said, “What would have happened to me if I had not believed to see the goodness of God?” I wonder how many blessings we’re missing out on, how much favor, how much increase we’re not seeing simply because we’re not expecting it. We’re not releasing our faith.

Right now there are blessings that have your name on them. There is promotion stored up, healing stored up, vindication stored up, a house stored up. God has already destined them to be yours. But if you think, I’ll never get married. I’ll never pay my house off. I’ve made too many mistakes. God would never bless me, that is going to keep you from God’s best. Why don’t you try a different approach and say, “God, I believe You have some surprises in my future. I believe I’ll see Your goodness in a new way.” When you live with this expectancy, that’s when God will give you something to talk about.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You for Your goodness and the many blessings You have stored up for me. Thank You that when I keep You first place and honor You that blessings will chase me down and overtake me. I believe You have some surprises in my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2020 03:40 #2382 by DrMike
When God is Silent

Today’s Scripture

“...For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow...” (James 1:3, NLT)

Sometimes when we’re being tested by discouragement, it seems God is silent. We pray and don’t hear anything. We read the Scripture and still come away feeling as though God is a million miles away. It’s easy to think something must be wrong. But remember, this is a test. You have to pass the test of being faithful where you are. Keep stretching, praying, and believing. The next step is coming—an increase step, a favor step, a healing step, a breakthrough step.

When God is silent, don’t assume He’s left you or is mad at you. He is right there with you during the test. His silence is a sign that He has great confidence in you and He has prepared you, and now He is watching to see if you have learned. He knows you will come through the test victoriously or He would not have permitted you to be tested. Keep being your best with what you have.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You for the good plan You have for my life. Even when I don’t understand things, I choose to put my hope and trust in You. Help me to live in Your joy and pass the discouragement test when You seem to be silent. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

26 Jun 2020 03:47 #2383 by DrMike
The “I Don’t Understand It” File

Today’s Scripture

“...Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own...” (Proverbs 3:5, MSG)

Sometimes it’s best to leave things alone. As long as you’re probing around your hurts and disappointments, trying to figure out why something happened, you’re never going to heal. You have to let it go and say, “God, I don’t understand it, but I’m not going to keep trying to figure it out. I know that You wouldn’t allow it if You couldn’t bring good out of it, so I’m going to leave it with You.”

We should have a file in our thinking called “I Don’t Understand It.” When things come up that don’t make sense and you can’t find an answer, instead of trying to figure it out, getting confused and frustrated, just put it in your “I Don’t Understand It” file and move forward. If you make the mistake of going through life trying to figure out why something bad happened, why something didn’t work out, why your prayer wasn’t answered, that’s going to poison your life.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that I can be free from trying to figure everything out on my own. I recognize that You wouldn’t allow it in my life if You couldn’t bring good out of it. I will place these matters in my “I Don’t Understand It” file and move forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

09 Jul 2020 06:15 #2384 by DrMike
Avoid Strife

Today’s Scripture

“It is an honor for a man to cease from strife...(Proverbs 20:3, KJV)

Strife is a very destructive force. It can creep into relationships by starting small, maybe through a comment or a wrong look from someone, and can then escalate into something much bigger. But when you choose to cease from strife and overlook an offense, you are acting honorably and honoring God.

How do you avoid strife? The Bible tells us that love covers over many offenses. Love stops strife. It means that you give people the benefit of the doubt. You consider what they may be going through instead of focusing on how they reacted to you. Maybe someone was short with you at the office, but they may have a loved one in the hospital. Instead of getting upset, walk in love—be patient and kind to them. Look for ways to walk in peace with the people in your life and put an end to strife!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose Your ways. I choose peace and love, and I choose to avoid strife. Let everything I say and do bring honor to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Jul 2020 03:58 #2385 by DrMike
Thriving Every Day

Today’s Scripture

“...I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].”(John 10:10, AMP)

God doesn’t want you to live stressed and with a “barely-get-by” attitude. He has new seasons of increase in front of you. He wants you to thrive, to live an abundant, overflowing life!

Sometimes when things seem difficult, it’s easy to slip into “survival mode.” When times get tough, it’s tempting to just “hunker down” and settle. If you’re not careful, you’ll develop a survival mentality that will keep you from growing and embracing what God has for your future. You’ll be happy to just “break even.” But as God’s children, we’re not supposed to just break even; we’re supposed to break through to a new level! We’re supposed to believe for more of God’s favor, increase and promotion no matter what is happening in the world around us.

Make up your mind today that no matter how difficult things seem, you are going to thrive every day! Take hold of God’s promises and declare that you are rising higher. Expect His favor and increase and see His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me life. I agree with Your Word which says I can thrive and enjoy my life to the full. Help me to see Your hand at work in me more and more each day in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Jul 2020 03:33 #2386 by DrMike
You are An Example

Today’s Scripture

“Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glorify to your Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16, ESV)

You are God’s representative in this earth. When you follow the Word of God and allow Him to work in your life, you are letting your light shine. When you are good to people and show them kindness, even when they don’t deserve it, you are shining your light. When you smile and keep a good attitude, even when things don’t go your way, you are setting an example so that people will glorify God in heaven.

Notice this Scripture says, “they will see your good works.” People aren’t impressed by our knowledge or what we say; people are drawn to God by our good works. Today, ask the Lord to show you ways to share His goodness with others. Look for opportunities to let your light shine everywhere you go—at home, at work, in the grocery store, at the gym. There’s always an opportunity to be an example of God’s goodness!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for choosing me to be Your representative. Show me how to let my light shine. Help me be an example of Your love and grace everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Jul 2020 04:06 #2387 by DrMike
Delight in One Another

Today’s Scripture

“And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us...” (Ephesians 5:2, AMP)

Do you esteem and honor the people God has placed in your life? Sometimes it’s easy to take for granted your family and close friends, but it’s important to honor and value those around us. You are God’s representative in the earth, and when you proactively bless and encourage the people in your life, you are displaying God’s love for them. Not only are you showing God’s love to others, the Bible says that when you reach out to others, you are showing love for God.

Notice this verse doesn’t say, “Walk in love as long as everyone acts the way you want them to.” It doesn’t say, “Esteem others as long as they treat you right.” No, it simply says to “walk in love as Christ loved.”

There are no conditions to God’s love, and there should be no conditions to our love for others. Choose love today and watch God pour out His love and blessing on you in return!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, help me to love others today the way You love me. Show me how to be a blessing to the people You have placed in my life. I choose to honor You by honoring others today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Jul 2020 04:02 #2388 by DrMike
Pleasant Words

Today’s Scripture

“Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweet and delightful to the soul and healing to the body.” (Proverbs 16:24, AMP)

Do you need healing in your body—physically? Spiritually? Emotionally? Your words can bring that healing. Start speaking pleasant words—words of life, encouragement and thanksgiving. Guard your heart by making sure you are only listening to pleasant, life-giving words. If there’s something on the TV or radio that isn’t bringing life to your soul, turn it off. If someone’s having a conversation that’s not uplifting or productive, don’t be a part of it.

Choose to meditate on God’s Word which is living and active and full of life. Let His strength and peace rise in your soul. Keep your heart and mind focused on Him and always choose pleasant words!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free. I repent today for any words that have brought destruction into my life or the lives of those around me. I ask that You uproot every negative seed and help me to always choose words of life in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Jul 2020 05:55 #2389 by DrMike
Blessings in Sleep

Today’s Scripture

“...He gives [blessings] to His beloved even in his sleep.” (Psalm 127:2, AMP)

The Lord longs to pour out blessings on you constantly—even when you sleep! Many people today struggle with sleeping at night. They stay awake or get poor sleep because they are constantly focused on their problems and worrying about tomorrow. But that’s not God’s plan for you! He wants you to enjoy your sleep as a time of blessing and refreshing. Understand that God has His hand on your life even in the midnight hour. He wants to speak to your heart and restore your dreams. He is taking care of those things that concern you.

When you cast your cares on Him and trust Him to work out every detail of your life, you’ll be able to enjoy that sweet sleep that He has promised. Make the decision today to enjoy the blessing of the Lord as you sleep tonight. Say a prayer before you go to bed and cast your cares on Him. As you allow the Lord to bless and refresh you in sleep, you’ll see a tremendous change in your waking hours. You’ll be more invigorated, more alert, and full of the blessing of the Lord in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, thank You for Your promise of blessing. I ask that You teach me to receive that blessing even while I sleep. I cast my cares on You and trust that You are working behind the scenes in my life. Thank You for watching over me and protecting me. Thank You for refreshing me as I sleep tonight in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Jul 2020 03:56 #2390 by DrMike
Enlarge Your Territory

Today’s Scripture

“Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory...” (1 Chronicles 4:10, NIV)

God wants to bless you and enlarge your territory. Your territory can be your sphere of influence or your realm of responsibility or authority. Are you ready for increase in your life today? You may desire God’s increase, but the Bible says we have not because we ask not. Are you asking for God’s blessing? Are you asking Him to enlarge your territory? When you ask God to bless you, your faith is activated which opens the door for Him to work in your life.

Open your heart today and ask for God’s blessing, ask for His discernment and wisdom. Ask Him to make you more effective on your job; ask Him to increase the quality of your relationships; ask for more people to love and encourage. Ask Him to enlarge your territory so that you can be a greater blessing to those around you. As you take a step of faith in prayer today, God will hear you. He’ll open doors that no man can close and pour out His abundance in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, today I open my heart to You and ask You to bless me. I ask You to increase me in every area and teach me to be faithful to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.676 seconds