Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

26 May 2020 07:26 #2361 by DrMike
Setup for a Comeback

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again...” (Proverbs 24:16, NIV)

Life is full of things that try to push us down. We all face disappointments and setbacks. Maybe you received some bad news about your health or perhaps a relationship didn’t work out. That was a setback. It’s easy to get discouraged or lose your enthusiasm or even be tempted to just settle where you are. But if we’re going to see God’s best, we have to have a “bounce back” mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don’t stay down. You get back up again. You have to know that every time adversity comes against you, it’s a setup for a comeback!

Remember, as a believer in Jesus, the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you. There is no challenge too difficult, no obstacle too high, no sickness, no disappointment, no person, nothing that can keep you from your God-given destiny. If you stay in faith, then God will turn what was meant to be a stumbling block into a stepping stone, and you’ll move forward in strength, full of faith and victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for setting me up for success in everything I do. I choose to trust and rely on You knowing that Your plans are for my good. I know my best days are ahead of me and look ahead to the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you'd like to receive these outdoor daily devotionals you can sign up at cofatips.org and get them Monday through Friday. If you'd like to know more about COFA's Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America ministry to those who love the outdoors go to our website at cofausa.org.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2020 04:32 #2362 by DrMike
A New Route

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion” (Psalm 103:4, NIV)

I know people who feel like they’ve wasted years of their lives because of poor choices. They spent years in a relationship that was toxic, years with an addiction, years at a job where they weren’t fulfilled. But you have to realize, nothing you have been through is ever wasted. Your past experiences, good and bad have deposited something on the inside of you. Those challenges have sharpened you to help make you who you are today. When the enemy brings hardship into your life, God has a way of taking that experience and turning it around for your advantage. You may think you’ve hit a dead-end, but if you’ll stay in faith, you will see God begin to open up a new route. He’ll put the right people in your path, the right opportunities, the right circumstances to move you forward toward your God-given destiny.

Today, don’t focus on what’s happened in your past, focus on what God will do in your future. He wants to restore your soul and revive your dreams. Keep believing, keep expecting, keep hoping because God has a new route for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I come humbly before You today. I give You my past, present and future knowing that You will redeem my life. I release those who have hurt me, I choose forgiveness so I can be free to move forward in the new route You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you'd like to receive these outdoor daily devotionals you can sign up at cofatips.org and get them Monday through Friday. If you'd like to know more about COFA's Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America ministry to those who love the outdoors go to our website at cofausa.org.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

28 May 2020 04:06 #2363 by DrMike
Failure is Not Final

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead” (Phillipians 3:13, NIV)

Are you down on yourself today because of past mistakes you’ve made or because you’re not where you want to be in life? God knows every poor choice, every difficulty, every wrong turn you may have made, and He’s already planned your comeback! In scripture, Jonah took a detour, so to speak. It took him a little bit longer, but because he called out to God, because he believed, God not only rescued him, but God got him to his final destination.

Friend, know today that failure is not final. God always has the final say. Mistakes don’t have to keep you from your destiny. God’s plan can override every setback. Your world may be in turmoil today in a relationship, in your finances or health. But know this: not only will God rescue you; He will set your feet on a rock and lead you to your final destination in life. Remember, the promise He placed on the inside of you didn’t go away because you had some personal failures. No, that failure is only temporarym but His Word remains forever! Keep hoping, keep believing because He will move you into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your hand of victory and blessing that is on my life. Today, I shake off the past, I shake off failure, I shake off poor choices and trust that You are restoring me and leading me into the plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

Attachments:

29 May 2020 04:34 #2364 by DrMike
God's Got This, Do Not Be Afraid

Today's Scripture

“...an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. ‘Joseph, son of David,’ the angel said, ‘do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit’ ” Matthew 1:20 NLT

Have you ever felt overwhelmed or even afraid of what God has called you to do? Maybe you were pursuing a dream or goal and things didn’t turn out the way you planned. Joseph had planned to take Mary as his wife, but when he found out she was pregnant, he didn’t know what to think. He was afraid that he might be making a mistake because things didn’t turn out the way he planned. But, God sent a messenger in a dream to reassure Joseph that he was on the right path.

Today let me reassure you that God knows right where you are, and He knows how to get you to where you need to be. Even when things don’t go the way you planned, His hand is on you. Do not be afraid, trust that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf and that He will lead you into the life of blessing that He has prepared for you.

A Prayer For Today

Father in heaven, I choose to trust in You. Even when things don’t go the way I planned, I know You are at work in my life. Thank You for Your perfect love which casts out all fear. I love You and surrender every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

01 Jun 2020 04:28 #2365 by DrMike
File it Away, No Need To Worry

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me” (Psalm 131:1, NKJV)

When things happen in your life that you didn’t plan, do you find yourself trying to reason it all out, or look for a “file,” so to speak, in your mind? What happens when you can’t find a “file” to put it in? What if you can’t make sense of it all?

Here’s the answer: Every one of us needs to create a file in our thinking called an “I Don’t Understand It” file. When things come up that don’t make sense and you can’t figure out, instead of getting frustrated or confused, simply put it in your “I Don’t Understand It” file and leave it alone. If you go through life trying to figure out why something bad happened, why it didn’t work out, why my child didn’t get healed, it’s going to cause you to be bitter. Part of trusting God means trusting Him when things don’t make sense, knowing that His plan is always for your good; knowing that He will reveal all things in His time — even if it means in eternity.

Here’s what I’ve learned. Don’t put a question mark where God has put a period. What the enemy meant for evil, God will ultimately use for your good. Keep moving forward because God loves you, God is for you, and He has a great plan for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Precious Lord, today I surrender my questions, I surrender my past, I surrender my need to have all the answers and choose to trust that You have all the answers. I will wait on Your timing to reveal Your ways to me and choose to press forward into the destiny You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

02 Jun 2020 04:08 #2366 by DrMike
In Your Midnight Hour

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose” (Acts 16:25–26, NIV)

Paul and Silas were put in jail for spreading the good news. It wasn’t fair. They were beaten with rods without a trial. It was unjust. As they sat in the prison, bloody, bruised and uncomfortable, they began to sing praises to God. As they were singing praises to God, all of the sudden, there was a great earthquake. The prison doors flung open, the chains fell off, and they walked out as free men. What happened? They praised their way to victory!

Friend, if you’re going to live in victory, you have to know how to praise in your midnight hour — when things seem the darkest, when you’re in pain, disappointed, lonely or experiencing a loss. When you praise Him no matter what, that’s when God can enter your situation. That’s when He can break your chains and set you free!

Remember, a sacrifice of praise is when it costs you something, when you don’t necessarily feel like doing it. Praise Him, not because of how you feel, but because He is worthy! Praise Him in your midnight hour and get ready to embrace the freedom He has planned for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, right now I lift my heart to You. I declare that You are worthy to be praised, and Your worth doesn’t change because of my circumstances. I will bless You today and every day. I will bless You in the midnight hour knowing that You are good, and You have victory and freedom in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Attachments:

04 Jun 2020 07:39 #2367 by DrMike
Put God First

Today’s Scripture

“...In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success...” (Proverbs 3:6, TLB)

A lot of people are good at taking care of the physical and emotional parts of their lives, but they don’t take care of the spiritual. There’s no or minimal connection to God. Your life will be more fulfilling when you’re in relationship with your Creator. He breathed life into you. He knows what your purpose is. He wants to give you the advantage for success. When you make Him a part of your life, His favor will take you where your talents and abilities cannot take you.

Make your spiritual life a priority. When you get up in the morning, take time to thank God for the day. Don’t run out of the house stressed out, in a hurry. Start the day off with a grateful attitude. Read the Scripture, meditate on His promises, and fill your mind with thoughts of faith, hope, and victory. Put God first and He will crown your efforts with success.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You invited me into a relationship with You. I want, in everything I do, to put You first and have You direct my life. Thank You for speaking to me through Your Word. I believe that You will crown my efforts with success. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Jun 2020 04:04 #2368 by DrMike
Keep Your Joy

Today’s Scripture

“...So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy...” (John 16:22, NLT)

We all have opportunities to get upset and go around frustrated. Life is full of inconveniences, delays, people that don’t do right. You’re never going to stop these things from happening; the key is how we handle them. Today’s Scripture says no one can take your joy. That means you control your joy. Nothing can take it from you; you have to give it away.

Life is too short to live frustrated, upset about things that many times we have no control over. People have a right to have their opinion, but you have a right to ignore it. People have a right to be rude, but you have a right to stay happy. Quit letting insignificant things—your grouchy boss, the person talking behind your back, your child getting on your nerves—steal your joy. Make this decision every morning, “I will be joyful today.” When you’re tempted to get upset, remind yourself that you have the power to keep your joy.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I have the power to remain calm because You’ve given me a spirit of discipline and self-control. Thank You that You made this day, and I’m not going to live sour and defeated. I’ve made up my mind that I’m going keep my joy. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Jun 2020 04:26 #2369 by DrMike
Make Yourself be Still

Today’s Scripture

“...But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the LORD’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the LORD is with you!...” (2 Chronicles 20:17, NLT)

The Israelites were surrounded by a huge army and greatly outnumbered. They were so worried and stressed out. Just before they went to battle, they decided to pray. Notice God’s answer. If you will be still and remain at rest, God will turn it to victory. He is with you. He will vindicate you.

When you feel overwhelmed and you’re tempted to take everything into your own hands, you have to make yourself be still. The battle is not yours. The battle is the Lord’s. As long as you’re fighting it, God is going to step back and let you do it on your own. But when you put it back in His hands, God will fight your battles. Now do your part and rest. Trust God’s timing. He knows what He is doing. You may not understand why something is taking so long, but sometimes God will delay an answer so He can show His power in a greater way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your hand of protection upon my life. I choose to be still, to get quiet before You, and listen to You. Give me the grace to accept Your timing and rest in the fact that You’ve already scheduled things in for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Jun 2020 04:14 #2370 by DrMike
Recognize His Love for You

Today’s Scripture

“...Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick...” (John 11:3, NKJV)

It’s interesting that when Mary and Martha sent a message to Jesus asking Him to come and pray for Lazarus, they didn’t say, “Jesus, please come. You know how much Lazarus loves You.” Instead, the message was, “Jesus, the one whom You love is sick.” They didn’t tell Jesus how much Lazarus loved Him. They thought it would be more persuasive to remind Jesus about how much He loved Lazarus.

Sometimes we’re trying to convince God that we love Him. “God, I attended church last week. Would You please help me now?” Why don’t you do as Mary and Martha did and say, “Lord, the one whom You love needs healing. The one whom You love is hurting.” What moves God is not just your love for Him, but recognizing His love for you. It pleases God when you know you are dearly loved. That’s why the Scripture says, “Come boldly to the throne.” Don’t go to Him feeling unworthy.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that I am dearly loved by You, and that is all that really matters. Thank You that You don’t require that I be religious enough or good enough to earn Your love. I recognize Your great love today and come to Your throne boldly with my praise. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.020 seconds