Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

24 Mar 2020 05:13 #2321 by DrMike
New Mercy

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning” (Lamentations 3:22–23, NLT)

Isn’t it good to know that no matter what happened yesterday, no matter what you said, no matter what you did, God’s mercy is new for you today? Mercy is empowering. It frees us to make the right choices and live in a way that is pleasing to God. We have to always remember that God is not condemning us. Romans tells us that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. God wants to love us and equip us to overcome in this life.

Do you need new mercy today? Receive it by faith. You don’t have to beg God to forgive you. He forgives you the first time you ask, but it’s up to you to receive that forgiveness. Open your heart today and receive His mercy. Let Him wash over you with His peace and joy. Then choose to extend that mercy to others. Remember, you are God’s representative in the earth. As you show His love and character to others, He’ll pour out His blessing upon you and use you in ways you never dreamed!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to receive Your mercy and forgiveness. Thank You for cleansing me of all unrighteousness. Thank You for making me new. I love You and bless Your Holy Name. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

George Reinbold is now the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2020 06:09 #2322 by DrMike
Strength to Overcome

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I have given you authority...to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you” (Luke 10:19, NIV)

God has given you all power and authority to overcome every obstacle you may face in life. That means you are well able to do what God has called you to do. You can accomplish your goals. You have the ideas, the creativity and the talent to be successful. You have been armed with strength for every battle! God has already lined up the right people to come across your path; He’s already lined up the right opportunities. You have everything you need to live a victorious life. Not an average life, not a barely-get-by, mediocre life — you were created to excel. You have seeds of greatness on the inside.

You may not have seen it in the past, but if you’ll stay in faith, it’s just a matter of time — victory is on the way. Don’t settle where you are. Rise up in strength today and begin to declare, “I will accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I’ve been equipped and empowered to live in victory in every area of my life.”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the power to overcome every obstacle I may face. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Help me to embrace the victory You have in store for me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

George Reinbold is now the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

26 Mar 2020 07:28 #2323 by DrMike
Do Not Be Afraid

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. ‘Joseph, son of David,’ the angel said, ‘do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.’ ” (Matthew 1:20, NLT)

Have you ever felt overwhelmed or afraid of what God has called you to do? Maybe you pursued a dream or goal in the past and things didn’t turn out the way you planned. Now you’re uncertain of the future.

In the Bible, Joseph had planned to take Mary as his wife, but when he found out she was pregnant, he didn’t know what to think. He was afraid that he might be making a mistake because things didn’t turn out the way he planned. But God in His graciousness sent an angel in a dream to reassure Joseph that he was on the right path.

Today let me reassure you that God knows right where you are, and He knows how to get you where you need to be. Even when things don’t go the way you planned, His hand is on you. Do not be afraid. Trust that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf, that He will fulfill your dreams and lead you into the life of blessing that He has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to trust in You. Even when things don’t go the way I planned, I know You are at work in my life. Thank You for Your perfect love which casts out all fear. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

27 Mar 2020 05:44 #2324 by DrMike
Consider Your God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body...he did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform” (Romans 4:19–21, NKJV)

Abraham is known as our father in the faith, but he had many obstacles coming against the promise of God in his life. See, God told him that he would be “the father of many nations,” but Abraham was over 90 years old before he ever saw that promise begin to come to pass. How many people today would look in the mirror and say, “No way; it’s just not happening.” But today’s scripture tells us that he didn’t consider his body. He didn’t meditate on all the reasons he couldn’t be the father of many nations. Instead, he considered the strength and ability of his God!

He knew God could make a way even when there seemed to be no way. Abraham knew he served a faithful God, and so he gave all the praise and glory to Him! Scripture says his faith strengthened him and opened the door for God to move mightily on his behalf.

Today, what are you believing God for? Does it seem impossible? Has it taken a long time? Consider your God. Consider His Word. Consider His faithfulness. Just like Abraham, let His Word strengthen you as you give glory to God. Keep believing and keep hoping and let your faith open the way for victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness and strength at work in my life today. I choose to consider Your ability over my circumstance. I choose to trust You and receive Your strength. I give You praise, honor and glory now and forevermore. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

30 Mar 2020 07:50 #2325 by DrMike
Make Plans for the Next Victory

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day...” (Joshua 14:12, NKJV)

In the Bible, Caleb helped lead the people of Israel into their Promised Land. But scripture tells us that Caleb didn’t just stop there. In fact, when he was 80 years old he said, “God, give me another mountain.” He was saying, “God give me something else to do. Give me another assignment.” Notice, he was planning on living out his life in victory. He could have said, “God, just let me retire. Man, my back’s hurting. I can hardly see anymore. Medicare wouldn’t pay that latest prescription. I’m so aggravated.” No, he was strong. He was energetic; he was ready for the next challenge.

Friend, no matter how old or how young you are, God has another assignment for you. You wouldn’t be here if God didn’t have a purpose for you. I believe that this next year is going to be your best ever. Why don’t you make plans for another victory! Make plans to increase in influence, abundance and favor. Choose today to live full of joy, peace, strength and health and take a step of faith into the life of blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for creating me and giving my life purpose. Help me discover the gifts and talents You’ve placed within me so that I can use them for Your glory. Thank You for another victory in this New Year. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

31 Mar 2020 06:59 #2326 by DrMike
The New has Come

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV)

As a believer in Jesus, you are a new creation! You have a new spirit, a new walk, a new life! There may be “old” things in your life that you are trying to get rid of. Maybe you have old habits or addictions that you want to change. Remember today that the new has come. It’s a new year with new opportunities, and it’s time for you to be the new you. Let this be the year that you break old habits and addictions. Let this be the year that you move forward into a new life of victory. Let this be the year that you take hold of all the spiritual blessings the Lord has promised — peace, health, protection and victory.

Be encouraged today because no matter what is happening in your life right now, you have a chance for a new beginning. Choose today to leave the old behind — leave behind old behaviors, old thinking, and old words and embrace the new by faith because this is your year to experience the new life that He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for making me new. I choose today to leave behind the old life and ask that You empower me by Your spirit. Help me to understand Your plan and know the truth of Your Word that sets me free. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

01 Apr 2020 07:20 #2327 by DrMike
Who Will Receive the Blessing?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation” (Psalm 24:3–5, NKJV)

God wants you to receive every blessing that He has in store for you. In His Word, He tells you about His wonderful blessings, but He also tells you how to receive His blessings — by having clean hands and a pure heart.

We are made pure and clean by the precious blood of Jesus when we make Him our Lord and Savior and turn away from anything that displeases Him. I’ve found that most of the time, it’s not the big things that keep us from God’s best; it’s the small things — maybe it starts with an offense that turns into unforgiveness. Maybe you watch something on TV or the internet that you know you shouldn’t, and it becomes a bad habit that steals your time and pollutes your mind.

Today, make the decision to let go of anything that would keep you from His blessings. Make the decision to be a person of excellence and integrity. Treat others with respect and kindness and look for ways to be a blessing. Be determined to live a life that pleases God so that you can receive the abundance He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for the blood of Jesus that cleanses and renews me. I choose to turn away from anything that displeases You so that I can live righteously before You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

02 Apr 2020 07:37 #2328 by DrMike
He Withholds No Good Thing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless” (Psalm 84:11, NIV)

What do you need from the Lord today? Do you need peace, provision or guidance? The Word of God promises that no good thing will He withhold from those who walk blamelessly before Him. Now you may be thinking, “I’m not perfect. How can I have a blameless walk?” The Good News is, when you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you automatically have a new, blameless walk. The past is erased in God’s eyes. Sure, you may make mistakes from time to time, but 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Understand today that God wants to pour His favor and honor on you. If you feel like there is anything in your life that you need to be cleansed from, go to the Father today and confess it to Him. Let Him make you new so that you can receive the good things He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and choosing to pour out Your favor and blessing on me today. Thank You for giving me a new beginning and making me blameless in Your eyes. Search my heart today and show me if there is anything that would keep me from You today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

03 Apr 2020 06:01 #2329 by DrMike
Momentary Troubles

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all” (2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)

Are you facing a difficulty or trial that seems like it’s been lasting a long time? Today’s verse tells us that our trials are really only momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles don’t last long at all! As you stand strong in faith during times of adversity, you are building faith and achieving eternal glory.

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the One who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you. He is building strength in you, He is depositing joy in you, and He is empowering you to make it through.

Today, be encouraged because what you are facing is only temporary. Victory is on the way, and it’s closer than you think! Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping, and keep confessing His Word because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You today, knowing that my trials and troubles are temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and for leading me into victory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

06 Apr 2020 07:11 #2330 by DrMike
Look Straight Ahead

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you” (Proverbs 4:25, NIV)

What are you looking at today? Not in the natural, but with your spiritual eyes. In other words, what is in the forefront of your mind and in your heart? Are you constantly dwelling on your problems or things that have happened in your past? In the natural, you will move in the direction that your eyes are looking. In the spiritual, it works the same way. Whatever you focus your mind and heart on, you will move toward. That’s why today’s verse tells us to look straight ahead. If you are constantly dwelling on your problems or things in your past, wondering “what if,” then you will stay right where you are. But if you choose to forgive and release the past, then you can focus on what is ahead of you, and you’ll begin to move forward.

God doesn’t want you to live in the past. He wants you to keep growing and moving forward. Make the decision to meditate on His goodness and focus on His promises. Look straight ahead so you can see His blessing and move forward into the life of victory He has promised you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I set my focus on You. I choose to forget the past by forgiving others so that I can look straight ahead to Your promises. I ask that You direct my heart on the path of life that You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.218 seconds