Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

16 Jan 2020 07:30 #2281 by DrMike
Move Past Your Mountain

"…you have stayed long enough at this mountain" (Duet 1:6, NIV)

Let me ask you, do you go out each day knowing that favor is already in your future? Or have you gotten stuck in a rut staring at a mountain of disappointment, setbacks or difficulty?

That's what happened to the people of Israel. They were headed toward their promised land. They had big goals and big dreams, but along the way they hit some setbacks and had some disappointments. They got so discouraged that they gave up on their dreams and just settled where they were. One day, God said to them, "You have dwelt long enough on this mountain." He was saying, "It's time to move past this and embrace the blessing in your future."

I believe God is saying that to each one of us today. You've been where you are long enough. God is saying, "This is a new day. Get your fire back. Where you are is not where you're supposed to stay." If you'll be determined to move past your mountain, He will lead you and empower you to live in favor and blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I give to You every area of my heart. I give You my questions, my disappointments, my doubts and fears. I choose to trade my sorrow for Your joy. I choose to press past my mountains so I can embrace the promises You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2020 03:20 #2282 by DrMike
More than Enough

"In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty" (Psalm 37:19, NIV)

We serve the God of more than enough! It doesn't matter what's happening around you, it doesn't matter what's happening in the economy, it doesn't matter what's happening in the stock market, God is able to provide for you. Notice today's verse doesn't just say He'll help you barely get by; no, it says that in days of famine His people will enjoy plenty.

The key is we have to get our minds off of this natural, earthly realm and start setting our minds on things above. Remember, there is no recession in heaven, but if you aren't investing in God's economy, you won't see the reward He has for you. Take a step of faith today and sow a seed. Ask God how you can be a blessing to others. Remember, you are a steward over His resources. When you choose to be obedient to Him, you will eat the good of the land. And when you tap into God's economy by obeying His Word, you will have His results—more than enough!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the resources You have given to me. Thank You for trusting me to be Your representative in the earth and for giving me more than enough. Show me how to handle the blessings You've given me so that I can please You in everything I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

20 Jan 2020 03:26 #2283 by DrMike
Enjoy the Journey

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day" (Proverbs 4:18, ESV)

Oftentimes, people tend to get wrapped up and busy with things that don't really matter in eternity. It's easy to get consumed by your career and stay focused on your goals. It's good to work hard, but you've got to learn how to play hard, too, so you can stay in balance. I heard somebody say, "It's not that life is so short, it's that we wait so long to begin living." If we want to truly enjoy the journey of life, we have to take time to stop and smell the roses.

Do you appreciate the people you love? Do you hug your children before you leave each day and give your spouse a kiss? When was the last time you called your parents to tell them how much you love them? That's how we can enjoy the journey. If you'll stay determined to enjoy the journey of life, you'll live with no regrets. You'll see your path shine brighter and brighter, and at the end, you'll be able to say, "I made the most of my life. I enjoyed my family. I enjoyed my friends. I finished my course with joy."

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life. Teach me to enjoy my relationships more because they are all that matters in eternity. Help me to enjoy the journey of life as my path shines brighter and brighter until the full day. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

21 Jan 2020 05:36 #2284 by DrMike
Pray for One Another

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed" (James 5:16, NIV)

All throughout Scripture, we see that God's system operates on the principle of sowing and reaping. If you sow blessing and mercy into the lives of others, that's what you'll reap in your life in return. The same thing happens when you pray for one another. There's a spiritual dynamic at play when you get your mind off yourself and onto others. You're sowing a seed so that God can do something in your own life.

Is there someone in your life you can pray for? Maybe it's a friend or a family member in need. They don't have to be present, you can pray for them as you go about your day or even driving in your car on the way to work. Remember, when you pray for others, God will make sure someone is praying for you. It's that connection of faith that opens the door for God to move mightily on your behalf.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to be used by You. I choose to pray for the people in my life as You have commanded. Direct my thoughts and prayers today so that I can be a blessing to others and honor You in everything I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen

Attachments:

22 Jan 2020 03:28 #2285 by DrMike
Exceeded Expectations

"...Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk..." (Acts 3:6, NKJV)

The crippled beggar was expecting the ordinary from Peter, a few coins, but God showed up and exceeded his expectations. The man didn’t see it coming, but that one moment of favor, that one exceeded expectation changed his whole world. I can hear him saying, “I never dreamed I’d be able to walk or work or be this fulfilled!”

God has some of these “I never dreamed” blessings in store for you. Similar to the crippled man, sometimes we’ve struggled in an area for so long that we’ve gotten comfortable with it. We’re expecting a few coins, something to sustain us, but God is about to do a new thing. You’re believing for the ordinary; God is going to the extraordinary. He’s going to take you where you’ve never been. No more coins, no more dysfunction, no more being stuck in your career. You’re about to come into exceeded expectations. So why don’t you put your faith out there?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and having such an amazing plan for my life. Help me to expect the “I never dreamed” blessings You have for me. I believe and declare that You are doing exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Feb 2020 11:19 #2286 by DrMike
Called Higher

Today’s Scripture

"...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us…" (Hebrews 12:1, NLT)

If we are going to live a victorious life in Christ, we have to be willing to deal with anything that is keeping us from being our best. It may be an addiction, a bad habit, or a hot temper. Maybe it’s not getting to work on time, not treating someone right, or having a critical spirit. God is always dealing with us about something, calling us higher. But anytime we go higher, our flesh has to go lower.

If you have an area you struggle in—and we all do—don’t ignore it. Don’t pretend it’s not there or hope it just goes away. You will never conquer what you don’t confront. If you have a problem, get it out in the open. When you have a humble attitude, in faith asking God for help, He will never let you down. If you do your part and deal with it, God will do His part and help you overcome.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for always calling me higher and to lay aside everything that keeps me from being my best. Help me to confront the areas where I struggle. I believe that with Your help, I can overcome and be victorious. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
Attachments:

04 Feb 2020 03:47 #2287 by DrMike
The Commanded Blessing

Today’s Scripture

"…if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God…all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…" (Deuteronomy 28:1–2, NKJV)

When you honor God with your life, keeping Him in first place, He puts something on you called a “commanded blessing.” The commanded blessing is like a magnet. It attracts the right people, good breaks, contracts, ideas, resources, and influence. You don’t have to go after these things, trying to make something happen in your own strength, your own talent, hoping that life works out. All you have to do is keep honoring God, and the right people will find you. The right opportunities will come across your path. The favor, the wisdom, and the vindication will track you down.

Out of nowhere, a good break comes. Suddenly, your health improves. Out of the blue, you’re able to pay your house off. Unexpectedly, a dream comes to pass. That’s not a coincidence. That’s the commanded blessing on your life. Why? You’ve become a magnet for God’s goodness.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the power of Your commanded blessing. Thank You for Your promise that as I honor You, blessings are headed my way, tracking me down and overtaking me. I believe that I have become a magnet for Your goodness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold is the new director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

05 Feb 2020 03:47 #2288 by DrMike
Faith in the Middle

Today’s Scripture

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown…" (Isaiah 43:2, NLT)

In Genesis 37, God gave Joseph a dream that one day his family would bow down before him. God showed him the end, and the promise was planted in his heart. But what God didn’t show him was the middle. Years later, when the dream came to pass and Joseph was ruling over the nation of Egypt, I can hear him saying, “God, You gave me this incredible promise, but You didn’t tell me I’d be thrown into a pit, sold into slavery, falsely accused of a crime, and put in prison for years.” If Joseph were here today, he would tell you, “Don’t get discouraged in the middle when life doesn’t make sense.” You know the promise is in your heart, but every circumstance says just the opposite. Keep believing, keep being your best. If you’ll have faith for the middle, the God of the middle is going to protect you, provide for you, and favor you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise to be with me through the deepest of waters. Even when life doesn’t make sense, I choose to trust in You and believe that You are working behind the scenes for my good. I will have faith for the middle. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold is now the new director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

06 Feb 2020 06:47 #2289 by DrMike
Take Hold of Strength

Today’s Scripture

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart…" (Galatians 6:9, NKJV)

God knew one challenge we all would face is weariness. It’s easy to get tired. Weary means to lose your sense of pleasure, to not feel the enjoyment you should. You’re doing the right thing but not getting right results. Sometimes because the battle is taking longer than you thought, you become weary. Let me encourage you that your due season is on the way. Don’t let discouragement convince you to give up or settle where you are.

You may be dealing with battle fatigue today. You’re tired of fighting and don’t think you can go on. But you don’t have to do it on your own. God says, “Let him take hold of My strength.” It’s available, but you have to take hold of it. When thoughts tell you, “It’s never going to change,” just say, “No, I know my time is coming. I’ve been armed with strength for this battle. I can do all things through Christ.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for that You are the Most High God and seated on Your throne. Help me to shake off my weariness and take hold of Your strength. I declare that You have armed me for the battle I am to fight and that I am strong. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold is the new director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachments:

07 Feb 2020 03:14 #2290 by DrMike
Right on Time

Today’s Scripture

"For still the vision awaits its appointed time…If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay…" (Habakkuk 2:3, ESV)

None of us like to go through waiting periods, but we all have things we’re waiting on—a dream to come to pass, our health to improve, to meet the right person. We know God put the promise in our heart, but we wonder why it’s taking so long to happen. The Scripture says there’s an appointed time, which means any other time is the wrong time. If you don’t understand that God will always be right on time, the waiting periods will cause you to be frustrated. But you can only receive the promise within God’s timing. He knows when you’re ready, when to open the door, when to turn it around. If it’s not happening yet, be mature enough to say with David, “God, my times are in Your hands." Now do your part and trust Him. Wait for the God who created the universe to unfold His plan for your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know what I need and have an appointed time set to get it to me. I choose to stop stressing out over what I don’t have, knowing it will be here down to the very second of when I really need it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold is now the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.062 seconds