Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

Replied by DrMike on topic Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

Move Past Your Mountain

"…you have stayed long enough at this mountain" (Duet 1:6, NIV)

Let me ask you, do you go out each day knowing that favor is already in your future? Or have you gotten stuck in a rut staring at a mountain of disappointment, setbacks or difficulty?

That's what happened to the people of Israel. They were headed toward their promised land. They had big goals and big dreams, but along the way they hit some setbacks and had some disappointments. They got so discouraged that they gave up on their dreams and just settled where they were. One day, God said to them, "You have dwelt long enough on this mountain." He was saying, "It's time to move past this and embrace the blessing in your future."

I believe God is saying that to each one of us today. You've been where you are long enough. God is saying, "This is a new day. Get your fire back. Where you are is not where you're supposed to stay." If you'll be determined to move past your mountain, He will lead you and empower you to live in favor and blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I give to You every area of my heart. I give You my questions, my disappointments, my doubts and fears. I choose to trade my sorrow for Your joy. I choose to press past my mountains so I can embrace the promises You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
16 Jan 2020 07:30 #2281
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More than Enough

"In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty" (Psalm 37:19, NIV)

We serve the God of more than enough! It doesn't matter what's happening around you, it doesn't matter what's happening in the economy, it doesn't matter what's happening in the stock market, God is able to provide for you. Notice today's verse doesn't just say He'll help you barely get by; no, it says that in days of famine His people will enjoy plenty.

The key is we have to get our minds off of this natural, earthly realm and start setting our minds on things above. Remember, there is no recession in heaven, but if you aren't investing in God's economy, you won't see the reward He has for you. Take a step of faith today and sow a seed. Ask God how you can be a blessing to others. Remember, you are a steward over His resources. When you choose to be obedient to Him, you will eat the good of the land. And when you tap into God's economy by obeying His Word, you will have His results—more than enough!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the resources You have given to me. Thank You for trusting me to be Your representative in the earth and for giving me more than enough. Show me how to handle the blessings You've given me so that I can please You in everything I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
17 Jan 2020 03:20 #2282
Attachments:

Enjoy the Journey

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day" (Proverbs 4:18, ESV)

Oftentimes, people tend to get wrapped up and busy with things that don't really matter in eternity. It's easy to get consumed by your career and stay focused on your goals. It's good to work hard, but you've got to learn how to play hard, too, so you can stay in balance. I heard somebody say, "It's not that life is so short, it's that we wait so long to begin living." If we want to truly enjoy the journey of life, we have to take time to stop and smell the roses.

Do you appreciate the people you love? Do you hug your children before you leave each day and give your spouse a kiss? When was the last time you called your parents to tell them how much you love them? That's how we can enjoy the journey. If you'll stay determined to enjoy the journey of life, you'll live with no regrets. You'll see your path shine brighter and brighter, and at the end, you'll be able to say, "I made the most of my life. I enjoyed my family. I enjoyed my friends. I finished my course with joy."

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life. Teach me to enjoy my relationships more because they are all that matters in eternity. Help me to enjoy the journey of life as my path shines brighter and brighter until the full day. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

20 Jan 2020 03:26 #2283

Pray for One Another

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed" (James 5:16, NIV)

All throughout Scripture, we see that God's system operates on the principle of sowing and reaping. If you sow blessing and mercy into the lives of others, that's what you'll reap in your life in return. The same thing happens when you pray for one another. There's a spiritual dynamic at play when you get your mind off yourself and onto others. You're sowing a seed so that God can do something in your own life.

Is there someone in your life you can pray for? Maybe it's a friend or a family member in need. They don't have to be present, you can pray for them as you go about your day or even driving in your car on the way to work. Remember, when you pray for others, God will make sure someone is praying for you. It's that connection of faith that opens the door for God to move mightily on your behalf.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to be used by You. I choose to pray for the people in my life as You have commanded. Direct my thoughts and prayers today so that I can be a blessing to others and honor You in everything I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen

21 Jan 2020 05:36 #2284
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds