Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 Dec 2019 06:28 #2261 by DrMike
Bold As A Lion

Today’s Scripture

"The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion." (Proverbs 28:1, NKJV)

We are called to live bold, confident and overcoming lives. You don’t have to live under a burden of fear. You don’t have to live with anxiety. Because of Jesus, fear, worry and uncertainty are beneath you. When you rise up in faith, knowing that God is with you and for you, all doubt and fear have to leave your life. Notice that today’s Scripture says that the righteous are as bold as a lion. Righteousness is God’s way of doing things.

When you do things according to what He says in His Word, when you are submitted to His plan for your life, He promises success. It may not always be the way you had in mind, but ultimately, His plan is to prosper you, not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future! Today, if you’ve been feeling anxious or fearful, begin to declare God’s truth over your life that will set you free! Declare that you are righteous in Christ Jesus! Declare that you are more than a conqueror! Declare that you are as bold as a lion because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world!
A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for setting me free from a spirit of fear. Thank You for filling me with strength and boldness. I set aside thoughts of worry and dread and thank You for Your peace as I keep my mind fixed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Dec 2019 03:29 #2262 by DrMike
Greater Than The Past

"The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house," says the Lord Almighty. "And in this place I will grant peace," declares the Lord Almighty…" (Haggai 2:9, NIV)

God wants to amaze you with His goodness! We are living in a day when God is increasing His favor. Maybe you have seen God’s goodness to a certain degree in the past; but in reality, you haven’t seen anything yet! God has favor in your future that will supersede anything that you’ve seen! The Scripture talks about how the glory of the latter day will be greater than the glory of the former day. That means what God did for your parents or grandparents, He’s going to surpass in your generation. The blessing and favor of past generations were good, but we serve a God of increase! He has greater things in store for your future! Today, get your hopes up! Enlarge your vision. Be expecting God to bring opportunities across your path. Be expecting to meet the right people and get the right breaks. Prepare your heart and mind to receive the increase and expect to see greater things in your future!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for blessing and increasing me. I believe that You have great things in store for my future. I surrender every area of my mind, will and emotions to you in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

10 Dec 2019 04:27 #2263 by DrMike
Have An Attitude of Gratitude

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days…" (Psalm 90:14, NIV)

If certain things in your life were just a little bit "better," would you be happy? A better job, a better house, better health, better relationships? The truth is, it only takes one thing for you to be happy. It takes a made-up mind. That's right, you have to decide that you are going to be happy regardless of your situation. You may have some obstacles to overcome, but don't let that steal your joy. Begin each day thinking of all the things you have to be thankful for. Decide each morning to declare as David did, "This is the day the Lord has made. I'm going to rejoice, and be glad in it." If you don't get happy where you are, you will never get to where God wants you to be. It all begins with a grateful attitude. Let us encourage you to be content no matter what your circumstances. When you have an attitude of gratitude, God will take you from victory to victory, and you'll live the abundant, joy-filled life He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"God, I have decided to be happy. I choose joy! No matter what happens today, I will sing Your praises and focus on the good things in my life-and share my attitude of gratitude with others! In Jesus’ name. Amen"

Attachments:

13 Dec 2019 09:11 #2264 by DrMike
God Didn't Intend For Us To Go It Alone

"In Him [and in fellowship with one another] you also are being built together..." (Ephesians 2:22, AMP)

The Scripture says in Psalm 133:1 that it brings pleasure to the Lord to see "brethren dwell together in unity." Imagine that when you come to church and fellowship with other believers, it brings joy to the heart of our heavenly Father and strengthens you as well! It's important to find a church home where you can participate in worship, fellowship, events, small groups, and outreach opportunities. The person who benefits most from this involvement...is you! Wherever you choose to "dwell," you will discover your new beginning and God's purpose for your life.

A Prayer for Today

"God, I pray for the church today. Without a place for believers to belong, we would grow weak in our faith. Thank you for giving me so many opportunities to unite in communion and fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ."

Attachments:

16 Dec 2019 03:19 #2265 by DrMike
Go Further, Dream Bigger

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..." (Philippians 4:13, NKJV)

Today, I want to remind you of what God says about you. No matter what’s happening in your life, remember that you are not limited by your resources, your family or your background. Almighty God has anointed, equipped and empowered you. He has given you creativity, ideas, inventions, skills and talents. Don’t you dare settle for a mediocre life! Today, I call forth the seeds of greatness inside you. Today, I declare that your best days are ahead, that you are blessed with success, with supernatural strength, with promotion, and with divine protection.

I declare that you can do all things through Christ. I declare that before anyone could put a curse on you, God put a blessing on you. And no matter what they’ve said about you, no matter how they’ve tried to make you feel, the blessing always overrides the curse. Walk and live in that blessing by following His commands and staying fully committed to Him in everything you do!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for blessing me and calling me according to Your purposes. I receive Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I will hide Your truth in my heart that I might not sin against You n Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

17 Dec 2019 03:28 #2266 by DrMike
Double For Your Trouble

"Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours..." (Isaiah 61:7, NIV)

When this Scripture was written, God's people were going through a very dark time. They were being held captive against their will and mistreated by other nations. God sent this word to encourage them and give them hope for their future. When the time came, God was faithful to His Word!

Are you going through a difficult time today? Let this word bring you encouragement, too. God wants to give you double for your trouble. He is the God of restoration—that means He's not going to just repay you for every wrong done, He's going to go above and beyond and make things even better than they were before. If you are facing challenges today or going through a time of adversity, remember that it's always darkest just before the dawn. Your days are destined to shine brighter because God is faithful. As you stay in faith and are obedient to His Word, you'll receive double for your trouble and the blessings He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for Your Word which lights my path and guides my steps. I choose to put my trust and hope in You today. Thank You for bringing restoration into my life as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus' name. Amen."

Attachments:

27 Dec 2019 08:59 #2267 by DrMike
Your Secret Petitions

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart…" (Psalm 37:4, AMPC)

God knows the secret petitions of your heart. He knows every hidden dream He's placed within you. He knows the things that you haven't told anyone about. Maybe you thought they would never come to pass, or maybe you buried them because they didn't happen on your timetable. Maybe, in the natural, you have every reason to give up on those dreams. Be encouraged today—God is still working behind the scenes! He still has a plan to bring those dreams to pass.

Do what today's verse says and delight yourself in Him. The word "delight" actually means "to make yourself soft and pliable." It paints the picture of God as the Potter and you as the clay. Allow God to mold and shape your character today. Allow Him to direct your plans and ideas. Keep an attitude of faith and expectancy, and as you submit your ways to the Lord and follow His leading, He will fulfill those secret petitions of your heart!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, You said the path of the righteous gets brighter and brighter. You said no good thing will You withhold because I walk uprightly before You. You said because I delight myself in You, You will give me the secret petitions of my heart. Thank You for being in control of my life and for the good things You have in store for my future in Jesus' name. Amen. "

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

30 Dec 2019 06:27 #2268 by DrMike
He Places The Solitary In Families

"God sets the solitary in families…" (Psalm 68:6, NKJV)

Most everyone goes through times in life when they feel lonely or wonder where they belong. God designed family to always be a place of love and acceptance. Maybe you didn’t come from an environment like that, or maybe you’ve been away from your family. Maybe they are no longer around. God still desires to meet that need for family. The Scripture says that He is the Father to the fatherless, and He places the solitary in families.

God wants to give you a circle of people whom you can trust and who will embrace and accept you. If you need family today, ask God to meet that need and show you where you belong. Or maybe, you are the one who can open your home and heart to someone who is alone. The point is that God loves family. He designed family for a purpose. Jesus said in Matthew 12 that those who do God’s will are His family. When you are part of the family of God, you are never alone! He promises to never leave you nor forsake you. He promises to fill you with His peace and joy so that you can live as an overcomer all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for showing me Your design for family. Thank You for accepting and embracing me always. Show me how I can reach out and be an example of family in someone else’s life."

Mike Brooks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

31 Dec 2019 06:41 #2269 by DrMike
New Year's Eve

Today’s Scripture

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; the new has come." (2 Corinthians 5:17, ESV)

As a follower of Christ, you are a new creation! You have a new spirit, a new walk, a new life! Are there “old” things" in your life that you are trying to get rid of? Maybe you have old behaviors or addictions that you want to change. Remember, the new is near. It’s a new year, and it’s time to be the new you. Let this year be the year you break old habits and addictions. Let this be the year that you move forward into a new life of victory. And your new life includes all the spiritual blessings the Lord has promised in His Word. You have a promise of peace, health, protection and provision. Be encouraged today and know that no matter what is happening in your life right now, you can embrace the new life God has prepared for you. Make the choice today to leave the old behind—leave behind old behavior, old thinking, old words. Embrace the new by faith, and you’ll move forward into the life of blessing the Lord has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for making me new. Help me to understand Your plan for me so that I can fully embrace Your promises. I choose today to leave behind the old life and ask that You empower me by Your spirit today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

01 Jan 2020 07:32 #2270 by DrMike
You've Got It

Today’s Scripture

"...his favor lasts a lifetime..." (Psalm 30:5, NIV)

Success in this life isn’t necessarily about how popular, influential or educated someone is. Success is about living a life of excellence in obedience to God’s Word. When we step out to do what God has called us to do, Scripture says that His favor surrounds us like a shield. When we have His favor, we have everything. We have an advantage for success! God’s favor opens the right doors. His favor will bring good breaks. The favor of God will cause you to accomplish what you could not accomplish on your own. It gives you an edge.

Now, if you’re going to see the gracious hand of God at work in your life, you can’t go through the day feeling intimidated, thinking that you’re average, comparing yourself to everyone else. No, you have to live like you have His favor, think like you have favor, talk like you have favor, walk like you have favor, dress like you have favor! Not arrogantly. Not in a way that portrays that you’re better than somebody else, but with a quiet confidence knowing that you have the gracious hand of God on your life! Live like you’ve got it because you do!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your grace, favor and mercy upon my life. I praise You today because You are good. I receive Your truth by faith and rise up to walk in my calling. I know that You are going before me to prepare the way as I walk in Your favor all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.085 seconds