Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

24 Feb 2020 03:36 #2301 by DrMike
Take Control

Today’s Scripture

"...Do not give the devil a foothold…"(Ephesians 4:27, NIV)

Scripture says to give no place to the enemy. That’s not just talking about forces of darkness; that means to give a foothold to things that weigh us down—guilt, resentment, worry, doubt, and bitterness. These things come naturally. The problem is that when we allow them in, they take up space that should be reserved for the good things God created us to be filled with—joy, peace, confidence, and creativity. But the negative can’t come in automatically and take over. You control what comes into your life. You have control over negative thoughts and emotions. You have to make the choice and say, “I’m not going to give space to negativity and let it poison my life. I won’t let an offense make me sour and bitter.” Take inventory of what you’re giving place to. Life is too short for you to go through it with negative things holding you back.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I have control over what comes into my life. I come to You in faith declaring that I am finished with giving any room to negative thoughts and emotions. Fill me with Your joy and peace as I move forward in victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

George Reinbold is now the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2020 03:32 #2302 by DrMike
Live Balanced

Today’s Scripture

"...He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters…" (Psalm 23:2, NIV)

The Scripture says that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and we must take care of it. You can’t go against natural laws and expect God to bless you. Constant busyness and fatigue will make you feel flat. It’s easy to work all the time, to always be thinking about business, or some problem you must solve. That’s doing yourself and the people around you a disservice. Your mind needs a break; your body needs to relax. That’s why God required the people in the Old Testament to take a Sabbath. They had to rest.

If you live stressed out and overworked, don’t eat right or sleep enough, eventually God will make you lie down in green pastures. You’ll probably come to a point where you have to rest. Don’t wear yourselves out to where God has to make you slow down. You need recreation, exercise, and laughter. The key is to live balanced—physically, spiritually, and emotionally.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me my body to live in and to care for as a temple of Your Spirit. Thank You that You made me to work and be productive as well as to rest and laugh. Help me keep myself healthy and live a balanced life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold is now the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

26 Feb 2020 03:24 #2303 by DrMike
Think Supernatural

Today’s Scripture

"...And because of their unbelief, he couldn’t do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them…" (Mark 6:5, NLT)

In today’s Scripture, it doesn’t say Jesus wouldn’t do any miracles; it says He couldn’t. God works where there’s an attitude of faith. How many times do we stop God from abundantly blessing our lives because we don’t believe His promises are going to happen? We let our circumstances and what’s happened in the past talk us out of it.

Here’s the key: God’s idea of blessing you is very different than what you think being blessed is. We think natural; God thinks supernatural. He’s the running-over, the exceed-your-expectations God. He’s already decided to bless you. Now it’s up to you. What you decide will determine whether or not it comes to pass. You may not see how it can happen, but take the limits off of Him. Get rid of the excuses. Dare to believe what God has already decided. If you do this, God is going to exceed your expectations and take you to the fullness of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the running-over, exceed-my-expectations God. Help me take the limits off of what I believe You can do in and through my life. I believe Your promise of blessing and declare that I will see the surpassing greatness of Your favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Feb 2020 07:30 #2304 by DrMike
Being Transformed

Today’s Scripture

"...But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory…" (2 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV)

Too many people are so focused on their flaws, weaknesses, and mistakes they’ve made in the past that they are unhappy with who they are now. If you feel guilty and condemned that you’re not further along, that’s going to hold you back from growing. Quit taking inventory of all your faults. You may have a lot wrong with you, but you have a lot right with you.

The key is to learn to accept yourself while you’re in the process of “being transformed from glory to glory.” You may not realize it, but you’re in a phase of glory right now. Learn to enjoy the glory that you’re in while God is changing you and taking you to the next level of glory. You have to start accepting yourself right where you are, faults and all. You are not a finished product. God is the Potter, and you are the clay. He is still working on you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life is in Your hands—not just my dreams and goals, but my weaknesses and shortcomings. Thank You for the promise that You are transforming me from glory to glory. I believe that You are working right now to lift me to another level of glory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Feb 2020 03:25 #2305 by DrMike
See Yourself as Royalty

Today’s Scripture

"...And have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign on the earth…" (Revelation 5:10, NKJV)

Today’s Scripture talks about how God has made us to be kings and priests to Him. You need to start seeing yourself as royalty. Start carrying yourself as royalty. Not in arrogance, thinking that you’re better than others, but in humility, be proud of who God made you to be. You are not better than anyone else, but you are not less than anyone else. Understand that when your heavenly Father breathed His life into you and sent you to earth, you didn’t come as ordinary. He put a crown of honor on your head. Now start thinking as royalty, talking as royalty, dressing as royalty, walking as royalty, and acting as royalty.

When you start seeing yourself as royalty, you will never be intimidated again. You don’t have to be the most talented, the most educated, or the most successful to feel good about yourself. You are crowned not by people but by Almighty God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have made me the way I am and crowned me with favor to be royalty. Thank You that You see me as royalty even when I’ve failed. I declare that I am becoming more and more like who You say I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Mar 2020 03:24 #2306 by DrMike
God Sees Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

"...The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart…" (1 Samuel 16:7, NIV)

In the Scripture, David was discounted by his family, and his job as a shepherd was considered insignificant. His family looked on the outside, but David had a heart after God. He didn’t complain or get bitter; he didn’t slack off because nobody was watching or cared. He just kept being his best where he was. And on the day the prophet Samuel showed up to anoint one of his father’s sons as the next king, it was David who was anointed over his brothers.

Just because people leave you out doesn’t mean God leaves you out. People may overlook you or judge you by your looks, your talent, or your skin color. God looks on the inside. He sees your faithfulness, your integrity. The good news is that if you keep honoring God, He’ll take you from the background to the foreground. People may try to push you down, but God will lift you up. People don’t determine your destiny; God does.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are not limited to seeing me as other people see me. Thank You that You see my heart, and You know my faithfulness to You. I believe that promotion comes from You, and You are lifting me toward my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Mar 2020 03:15 #2307 by DrMike
Say So

Today’s Scripture

"...Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy…" (Psalm 107:2, NKJV)

Words have creative power. When you speak something out, you give life to what you’re saying. For instance, it’s important to believe that you’re blessed. But when you say, “I am blessed,” that’s when blessings come looking for you. Today’s Scripture doesn’t say, “Let the redeemed think so, or believe so, or hope so.” That’s all good, but you have to take it one step further and say so. If you’re going to go to the next level, overcome an obstacle, or break an addiction, you have to start declaring it.

When God created the worlds, nothing happened until He spoke. He said, “Let there be light,” and light came. His thoughts didn’t set it into motion; His words set it into motion. It’s the same principle today. You can have big dreams, stand on God’s promises, but not see anything change until you speak. When you speak, good breaks, promotion, and ideas will track you down.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when You created the worlds, You didn’t just think or believe them into being. You spoke them into being. I believe that I am to speak out words that are true to the faith in my heart, and that when I say so, You will act. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Mar 2020 03:22 #2308 by DrMike
Live Skillfully

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings...” (Proverbs 22:29, NIV)

Too often, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut, doing the same thing the same way over and over every day. But if we are going to live at our absolute best, we should constantly be growing and sharpening our skills. We should strive to learn and grow every single day because when you stop learning, you stop growing. When you stop growing, you stop living.

What are you doing to stretch yourself? What are you doing to improve your skills? Don’t get trapped into thinking that “good enough” is good enough. You were created for more than just average. Today is a new day, and there are new heights for you to climb. Pursue what you love and keep developing that area of your life. Take a class or find a mentor that will help you live skillfully. As you do, you’ll rise up higher and higher. You will stand before leaders and rulers, and you’ll live the blessed life God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose to rise out of mediocrity. I choose to give my very best to everything I do. Teach me to live skillfully so that my life is a continual praise to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

05 Mar 2020 06:50 #2309 by DrMike
Bring Out the Best

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Love is kind...” (1 Corinthians 13:4, NIV)

You may have heard this verse many times before, but one translation says that “love looks for a way to be constructive.” In other words, kindness isn’t just about being nice; it’s looking for ways to improve someone else’s life. It’s bringing out the best in others.

When you start your day, don’t just spend time thinking about yourself or how you can make your own life better. Think about ways you can make someone else’s life better, too! Ask yourself, “Who can I encourage today? Who can I build up?” You have something to offer those around you that no one else can give. Someone in your life needs your encouragement. Someone in your life needs to know that you believe in them. We are responsible for how we treat the people He’s placed in our lives. He’s counting on us to bring out the best in our family and friends.

Today, ask the Lord to give you creative ways to encourage those around you. As you sow seeds of encouragement and bring out the best in others, God will send people along your path that will build you up, too. Keep showing kindness so you can move forward into the blessing and freedom He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for loving me. Thank You for believing in me and always building me up. I ask that You show me creative ways to encourage and build up the people around me. Help me be an example of Your love today and always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

06 Mar 2020 03:17 #2310 by DrMike
Favor in High Places

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“One who loves a pure heart and who speaks with grace will have the king for a friend” (Proverbs 22:11, NIV)

When you’re talking with people throughout the day, do you speak with grace? In other words, do your words empower people? When others leave your presence, do they feel strengthened and want to rise higher?

Grace is simply God’s favor and empowerment. When you pass that grace on to others with no strings attached, the scripture says that you will have the king for a friend. In other words, you will have favor in high places. Influential people will want to be around you. People in authority will want to be your friend. When you sow grace and favor, you will reap it in your own life in return.

Today, look for ways to build up the people around you. When someone makes a mistake or lets you down, instead of being critical and faultfinding, show love. Let your words be filled with grace. Extend His favor everywhere you go and watch that grace and favor come right back to you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace and mercy upon me. I choose to speak with grace and empower others. I love a pure heart and desire to do Your will. Thank You for honoring me as I honor You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.834 seconds