Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

10 Feb 2020 04:11 #2291 by DrMike
Wake Up

Today’s Scripture

"Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe..." (Mark 5:36, NIV)

A synagogue leader named Jairus came to Jesus and pleaded, “Will You please come to my house and heal my little daughter who’s dying?” Jesus said He would, but then was delayed to the point that news came that the girl had died. Jesus said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.” When Jesus arrived at the house, everyone was upset and crying. He said to them, “The child is not dead but asleep.” He went in and said to the girl, “Wake up,” and instantly she stood up and was perfectly well.

You may have dreams you’ve given up on, promises you think there’s no way they can happen now. The good news is they’re not dead, they’re just asleep. God is about to wake up what you thought was dead. He’s going to bring to life dreams you’ve given up on. Now do your part and start believing, get your hopes up. Your dreams are waking up right now.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what happens in my life, You have the final say. Thank You that I can get my hopes up and choose to not dwell on negative reports. I believe that You are waking up the promises and breathing life into my dreams. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold is now the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2020 09:16 #2292 by DrMike
Step-by-Step

Today’s Scripture

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path…" (Psalm 119:105, NIV)

God has a detailed plan for your life. He knows your final destination and the best way to get you there, but God doesn’t show you the details. The Scripture says His Word is a lamp for your feet. A lamp implies you have enough light to see the life path in front of you, but not for the next fifty years. If you trust Him and take that next step into the unknown, not knowing the outcome, He’ll lead you step-by-step into your destiny.

The question is, will you be bold and take the next step that God gives you with the light you have? The unknown is where miracles happen, where you discover abilities you never knew you had, and where you’ll accomplish more than you ever dreamed. If you have the courage to do what you know He’s asking you to do, He has the provision, the favor, and all that you need to go to the next level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that what lies ahead and is unknown to me is well known to You. I choose to rely on Your strength and Your Word that guides me step-by-step. I trust that You will go before me and take me to the next level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold is now the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

12 Feb 2020 04:07 #2293 by DrMike
Surrounded by the Most High

Today’s Scripture

"…Then the LORD opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha..." (2 Kings 6:17, NIV)

Elisha’s assistant thought they were surrounded by the enemy army until the Lord opened his eyes. Suddenly, he looked out and saw the hills full of powerful, warring angels with their horses and chariots of fire. The enemy was surrounded by our God.

Like this man, you may be surrounded by trouble, but what you can’t see with your natural eyes is that the Most High God is surrounding what’s surrounding you. If God pulled back the curtain, you would see powerful angels at work on your behalf, protecting you, pushing back the forces of darkness. You would see God moving the wrong people out of the way, lining up things in your favor, arranging healings and deliverance. If you only focus on what you see with your physical eyes—the sickness, the addiction, the obstacle—you’ll be worried and discouraged. Through eyes of faith, you need to see that every obstacle that’s holding you back is surrounded by the Most High.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what trouble I face, I can stay in peace knowing that You are surrounding me, and You can turn every situation around and put an end to it. I declare that You are greater than any force that comes against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Feb 2020 03:53 #2294 by DrMike
Check Your Soil

Today’s Scripture

"The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!…" (Matthew 13:23, NLT)

Jesus told a parable about a man who sowed seed on good ground, and it flourished, producing great crops. But some of the seed fell on rocky ground, and lacking soil and deep roots, its plants withered. Other seed fell among the thorns, and its plants were choked from growing. All the seed was the same quality; what made the difference was the soil.

You are a seed. You are full of gifts, talents, and potential. But if you plant yourself in unhealthy soil, if you hang around friends who compromise and pull you down, if you’re in an environment with limited mindsets where people tell you how you’ll never accomplish your dreams, you won’t see the growth you should. It’s not because there’s something wrong with your seed. It’s that the thorns and rocks are choking the life out of your seed—your dreams, your vision, and your character. Do your part and keep your seed in good soil.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gifts and potential You put in me. Help me protect what You’ve entrusted to me by being selective about my environment. I believe that as I stay in the good soil, I am going to see increase and new levels. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Feb 2020 07:34 #2295 by DrMike
Be on the Lookout

Today’s Scripture

"…Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light…" (James 1:17, MSG)

Just like the sun radiates heat, God radiates goodness. It’s not just what He does; it’s who He is. God’s very nature is good. It’s important that we recognize that every good gift comes to us from our Father in heaven, both large and small.

You need to be on the lookout for God’s goodness. Too many times, God is working in our lives, showing us favor, protecting us, sending us healing, but we don’t recognize His goodness. When something good happens, make sure you give Him the credit and thank Him for it. The question is, are you recognizing it? Look around today. Be more aware. Psalm 34:8 says, “Taste and see that the LORD is good.” If you’re going to taste God’s goodness, you have to realize that every good break, every time you were protected, every door that opened, and every advantage you’ve gotten has been God working in your life. Don’t take it for granted.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are constantly working, constantly showing me Your goodness with every good gift that comes into my life. I want to live today with an attitude of thankfulness and gratefulness. I will not take Your goodness for granted. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Feb 2020 03:30 #2296 by DrMike
Live Approved

Today’s Scripture

"So then, take your stand! Fasten truth around your waist like a belt. Put on God’s approval as your breastplate..." (Ephesians 6:14, GW)

Every morning when you get up, you need to put on God’s approval as your breastplate and say, “Father, thank You that You are pleased with me.” You have to put it on. It’s not going to happen automatically. Thoughts will try to convince you that you don’t deserve God’s blessing, and you’ll start feeling condemned, unworthy, and not expect anything good. You have to put on God’s approval to protect your heart.

Something powerful happens when you say, “I like who I am. I have some faults and failures, but I’m changing and growing. Since God approves me, I approve myself.” When you put on the breastplate of God’s approval, chains of guilt, chains of inferiority, chains of low self-esteem are broken in the unseen realm, and God’s favor is released. God is going to keep making and molding you, and you’re going to break free from things that are holding you back and become everything He’s created you to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can put on the breastplate of Your approval to cover my heart because You have made me righteous through Christ Jesus. Thank You that I can feel good about who I am. I believe that You are pleased with me today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 Feb 2020 07:28 #2297 by DrMike
Be a Peacemaker

Today’s Scripture

“…Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” (Matthew 5:9, NIV)

It’s easy think, If my coworker wasn’t so disrespectful, I wouldn’t argue. No, you have to be the bigger person. Just because they’re doing wrong doesn’t mean you have to engage. That’s the enemy baiting you, saying, “Argue, fight, set the record straight, prove you’re right.” Don’t take the bait. It takes a mature person to overlook an insult and say, “No, I’m staying in peace.”

Jesus didn’t say, “Blessed are those who are right.” For the sake of peace, sometimes you have to let the other person think they’re right, even when you know they’re wrong. We think, I’m right, and I’m going to prove it and win this fight. Can we tell you that being right is overrated? You can win every battle, prove your points, but your relationships are being damaged. Put your ego down and let them be right even though you think you’re right. Be a peacemaker and learn to shake it off and move on.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise of blessedness when I take the high road and am a peacemaker. Give me wisdom to know when to keep my mouth closed and overlook something that bothers me. I believe that walking in peace is Your will for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

19 Feb 2020 03:45 #2298 by DrMike
Love Yourself

Today’s Scripture

“…Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:39, NIV)

Jesus said that if you don’t love yourself in a healthy way, you will never be able to love others in the way that you should. This is why some people don’t have good relationships. If you don’t get along with yourself, you’ll never get along with others. We all have weaknesses, shortcomings, and things that we wish were different. But if you see yourself as less than, not talented, and not valuable, you will become exactly that. If you feel unattractive on the inside, you will convey feelings of unattractiveness. That’s going to push people away. You carry yourself the way you see yourself.

People see you the way you see yourself. Perhaps if you quit focusing on your flaws and start loving yourself in a healthy way, being proud of who God made you to be, then as you send out these different messages, it’s going to bring new opportunities, new relationships, and new levels of God’s favor.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for uniquely designing me with gifts, talents, and abilities to enjoy life and accomplish Your will. Help me to love myself with all my weaknesses, shortcomings, and things I wish were different. I celebrate who I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Feb 2020 03:38 #2299 by DrMike
Stop Looking to Blame

Today’s Scripture

"...Rabbi,” his disciples asked him, “why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?" (John 9:2, NLT)

In today’s Scripture, some people asked Jesus whose fault it was that this man was born blind. They were looking for somebody to blame. Some reason, some excuse. Jesus said, “It’s nobody’s fault. The reason he was born this way was so that the goodness of God could be displayed."

When something unfair happens, don’t get stuck looking for a reason, trying to find someone or something to blame. All that blaming is going to do is give you a reason to feel sorry for yourself. You’re not going to understand why everything happens. Nothing that’s happened to you is a surprise to God. He sees every wrong that’s been done to you and every disadvantage, and He is a God of justice. If you stay in faith, it won’t work against you, it will work for you. God will use it to show out in your life. He’ll take what was meant for your harm and use it to your advantage.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the abundance of Your goodness in my life. Thank You that nothing that’s happened to me is a surprise to You. Whatever I go through that might harm me, I know You will use to my advantage. I declare that You are a God of justice. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Feb 2020 08:44 #2300 by DrMike
Be the Smile of God

Today’s Scripture

"...Jacob said, “Please. If you can find it in your heart to welcome me, accept these gifts. When I saw your face, it was as the face of God smiling on me." (Genesis 33:10, MSG)

Genesis 25 and 27 record two deceptions by Jacob that resulted in such great losses for his brother, Esau, that he vowed to kill Jacob. For many years, the brothers lived estranged. Finally, the day came when Jacob returned to his home, only to hear that Esau was coming to meet him with four hundred men. Vengeance seemed certain. But when Esau saw Jacob, he ran to him and hugged him, weeping and welcoming Jacob back. Jacob was so moved by Esau’s kindness that he said, “Seeing your face was as the face of God smiling on me!”

Life is not about getting revenge and hurting people who hurt you. It’s easy to try to pay someone back, ignore them, and make them suffer. All that’s doing is holding you down. Why don’t you be the smile of God and show them the kindness they don’t deserve? When you’re the smile of God, He’ll make sure people smile back on you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all of the times that You have loved me and smiled on me when I deserved neither. Help me to be forgiving, merciful, and kind to those who have done wrong to me. I want to be Your smile to those who don’t deserve it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.184 seconds