Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Sep 2020 03:25 #2431 by DrMike
Do it in Spite of the Fear

Today’s Scripture

“...No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house...” (Matthew 5:15, NLT)

God has put gifts and talents in you. He’s given you dreams and goals that are unique to your life. But it’s easy to let fear hold you back. “What if I try it and it doesn’t work…what if people don’t accept me…what if I don’t have the talent?” Too often we let the what-ifs talk us out of it. Quit hiding the dreams and talent that God has given you. He created you to shine, to make a difference, to leave your mark. Your gift isn’t just for you; it’s to share with the world.

Life is short, so stir up what God put in you. You can’t wait till the fear goes away and then you’ll do it. The fear may not go away. You’re going to have to do it in spite of the fear. That’s what faith is all about. Nobody who’s ever done anything great in life has done it without fear.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You for entrusting me with gifts and talents and dreams. Thank You that I have greatness in me because You put it there. Help me to come out of hiding and release what You’ve given me in spite of my fears. I will shine Your light into my world. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2020 03:00 #2432 by DrMike
Trouble is Transportation

Today’s Scripture

“...The LORD directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?...” (Proverbs 20:24, NLT)

When troubles come our way, it’s easy to get discouraged, but God uses difficulties to move us toward our destiny. You won’t become all you were created to be without trouble. You don’t grow in the good times; you grow in the tough times, the dark times. Trouble prepares you for the next level. Trouble develops something in you that you can’t get when it’s easy and everything is going your way. In the difficult times, your spiritual muscles are developed, and you gain strength, endurance, and wisdom.

Every challenge you’ve been through has deposited something in you. Through every relationship that didn’t work out, through those times when somebody did you wrong, you gained insight. The times when you failed, when you blew it weren’t wasted—you gained experience that will transport you in the future. The truth is that trouble was transportation. It was all a part of God’s plan.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who is directing my steps. Thank You that the difficulty I’m experiencing now is developing something in me that I can’t get when it’s easy. I believe it is transporting me to the next level of my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
COFA Tips will resume next Thursday September 24th, COFA is it's fall retreat and fishcamp

23 Sep 2020 14:04 #2433 by DrMike
Be a Barrier Breaker

Today’s Scripture

“...I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world...”(John 17:14, NIV)

The Scripture speaks of how we are in the world, but we are not of the world. You may be in a limited environment, but you don’t have to be of it. Don’t let that environment get in you. If you see struggle, lack, and poverty long enough, your mind can become conditioned to thinking, This is who I am. I’ll never have enough. No, that’s where you are, that’s not who you are. That may be what’s been normal. The good news is, you’re a barrier breaker.

Some people try to put you in a box. They’ll tell you such things as, “You’ll never afford a nice house, never get well, never meet the right person.” Because their thinking is limited, they’ll try to put their limitations on you. You have to put your foot down and say, “I refuse to be mediocre because people around me are mediocre. I am a barrier breaker. I’m going to set a new standard.”

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that You didn’t create me to be average or to live a mediocre life. Thank You that You’ve given me the power, the favor, and the talent to break out and go further than the limitations around me. I believe that I am a barrier breaker, and I will set a new standard. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

24 Sep 2020 03:28 #2434 by DrMike
Don’t Be Moved

Today’s Scripture

“...None of these things move me...” (Acts 20:24, NKJV)

The apostle Paul went through all kinds of unfair situations. He was falsely accused of crimes, beaten with rods, lied about, put in prison, and shipwrecked. In Acts 20, he gives us the secret of living a victorious life: “None of these things move me.” He was saying, “Yes, there were setbacks and disappointments, but I didn’t lose my joy. God is still on the throne. Even being put in prison gave me the opportunity to write about half of the books of the New Testament.”

There’s always something trying to move us, to pull us out of peace, to pull us out of rest. Are you allowing these things to move you? You can’t pray them away. These are tests we all have to pass. Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled.” He said troubles will be there, but you don’t have to be moved by them. Stay in peace. Quit letting these things ruin your day.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that I don’t have to be moved by the tests and troubles I face because I know that You are still on the throne. My faith and trust are in You and Your mighty power at work in my life. I declare that You will work Your good plan for my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

25 Sep 2020 02:27 #2435 by DrMike
More than Enough

Today’s Scripture

“...You will possess their land; I will give it to you as an inheritance, a land flowing with milk and honey...” (Leviticus 20:24, NIV)

The Israelites had been in slavery for hundreds of years. That was the land of barely enough. They were just surviving, barely making it through. One day God brought them out of slavery and took them into the desert, the land of just enough. Their needs were supplied, but nothing extra. God eventually took them into the Promised Land, the land of more than enough. The food and supplies were plenteous. It’s called “the land flowing with milk and honey.” Flowing means it didn’t stop. Its abundance never ran out. That’s where God is taking you.

You may be in the land of barely enough or just enough right now. Don’t worry. God hasn’t forgotten about you. He is saying, “Those are seasons. Don’t put your stakes down. You’re passing through.” God has a Promised Land for you. He has a place of abundance, of more than enough, where it’s flowing with provision, not just one time, but you’ll continue to have plenty.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that You are El Shaddai, the God of abundance. Thank You for the place I’m in now, but I’m not putting my stakes down. I believe that You are going to bring me into a life of overflow and the land of more than enough. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

28 Sep 2020 05:24 #2436 by DrMike
Stay Close to the Right People

Today’s Scripture

“...The women said to Naomi: “Praise be to the LORD, who this day has not left you without a guardian-redeemer. May he become famous throughout Israel! He will renew your life and sustain you in your old age...” (Ruth 4:14–15, NIV)

Naomi lost her husband in death, and then both her sons died as well. She was so discouraged that she didn’t think she could go on. She had been full of joy and sweetness, but now she was bitter. She even changed her name from Naomi, which means “my joy,” to Mara, which means “bitter.” She was saying, “Call me bitter.” But her friends refused and kept calling her Naomi. She was trying to stay in defeat, but they said, “No, you’re coming into victory,” and eventually she did.

If you have been through disappointments and loss, you need people around you who will remind you about who you are—not people who will get bitter with you and agree with the defeat. Stay close to people who will call you blessed and victorious. You want people in your life who will remind you that your best days are yet to come, that what was meant for your harm, God will use to your advantage.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that You are able to take the most unfair situations in my life and turn them into positives. And thank You for the people in my life who call me victorious and blessed. Help me to stay close to those who remind me of who I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

29 Sep 2020 03:36 #2437 by DrMike
A Miracle Put in Motion

Today’s Scripture

“...The very day I call for help, the tide of battle turns. My enemies flee! This one thing I know: God is for me!...” (Psalm 56:9, TLB)

You have things you’re believing for—perhaps a dream to come to pass, your health to turn around, or to meet the right person. You’ve been praying for a long time, but you don’t see anything happening. It seems like God is on vacation and as though your prayers aren’t doing any good. But what you can’t see is that God is at work behind the scenes. Don’t believe the lies that say your praying, believing, and standing in faith is a waste of time. He not only heard your prayer, but He put the miracle in motion. In today’s Scripture, the psalmist says it happens the very day you call for help. In the unseen realm, God begins to change things in your favor. Just because you don’t see anything happening doesn’t mean the answer is not on the way. The people who see breakthroughs and promises fulfilled are the people who keep praying, keep believing, and keep standing in faith.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that You never take vacations, that You hear every prayer and see me standing in faith. Thank You that in the unseen realm You have put a miracle in motion for me. I believe and declare that the answer is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

30 Sep 2020 03:23 #2438 by DrMike
The Chain Has Been Broken

Today’s Scripture

“...Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again...” (Exodus 14:13, NIV)

The Israelites had been bound in slavery in Egypt for over four hundred years. All they had seen was injustice, being taken advantage of, mistreated, barely making it. God supernaturally brought them out of Egypt, and they were headed to the Promised Land when He said to them, “The enemies you see today, you will see no more.” That’s what happens when the chain breaker shows up. True freedom.

He was saying to them and to us, “Those things that have held you back for years, you’re not going to see them anymore.” This is a new day of freedom, a new day of wholeness, a new day of increase. Chains are falling off; chains of debt are being broken. Chains of cancer, diabetes, and heart trouble are being loosed. You will no longer see those chains of fear, insecurity, and low self-esteem. The addiction is not going to control you. Why? The chain has been broken.

A Prayer for Today

Father, thank You that You have broken the chain of anything that’s trying to hold me back. Thank You that You have so defeated the problem that I’m not even going to see it anymore. I’m going to start living like I am free and experience everything You have for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

01 Oct 2020 05:43 #2439 by DrMike
A Friend Loves at All Times

Today’s Scripture

“...A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity...” (Proverbs 17:17, NIV)

You can tell who your real friends are when you fail, when you get off course. Friends stay loyal to the people God puts in their lives. Good people make mistakes and blow it. People who love you can let you down. When your loved ones and friends make mistakes, they don’t need another judge to condemn them or add to their guilt and shame. You can help love them back into wholeness. To be loyal doesn’t mean you condone or approve their actions. You’re simply showing them the mercy you would want shown to you. You’re being a healer, a restorer. You lift people up.

Don’t be a fair-weather friend. Be the friend who walks in when others are walking out. Our attitude should be, “You can count on me. I’m committed to loving you for the long haul, through thick and thin.” They know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can count on you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me at all times, for pouring out Your grace upon me and never giving up on me when I’ve failed. Thank You for the friends You’ve given. Help me to be loyal to them and be at my best when someone else is at their worst. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Oct 2020 02:23 #2440 by DrMike
Why Be Afraid?

Today’s Scriptur
e

“...For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock...” (Psalm 27:5, NLT)

David had all kinds of things come against him—people, armies, even his own family. He had many reasons to live worried, upset, and bitter. But he said, “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? Why should I be afraid?” David lived with this attitude, “God’s got this. I’m not going to worry or live in fear. He will hide me when trouble comes. He will place me out of reach.”

You may have discouraging situations and difficulties coming against you, but God has placed you out of reach. They can’t defeat you. Now do like David and remain confident. Keep your peace. You may feel like you’re surrounded by an army, but the truth is you’re surrounded by God’s favor. The forces that are for you are greater than the forces that are against you. God’s got this. He’s done it in the past, and He’s not going to stop now.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my light and my salvation and the stronghold of my life. Thank You for Your promise of protecting me when troubles come and placing me out of its reach. I will live from a place of peace, knowing I am safe in the palms of Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.639 seconds