Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Nov 2020 03:15 #2461 by DrMike
Sealed Lips

Today’s Scripture

“...Whoever wants to embrace life and see the day fill up with good, here’s what you do: Say nothing evil or hurtful...” (1 Peter 3:10, MSG)

Our mouth gets us into more trouble than just about anything else. You can’t go around telling people off, saying hurtful things, and expect to step into the fullness of what God has for you. Many times, it’s not big things that are keeping us from God’s best; it’s not some big sin or big mistake. It’s the small things. The apostle Peter said that if you want to enjoy life and see good things, say nothing evil or hurtful. How much higher would we go if we didn’t have to have the last word or have to be right, but just quietly keep honoring God, being respectful, staying on the high road?

When David faced a lot of opposition and had plenty of opportunities to lose his cool and tell people off, he prayed a great prayer in Psalm 141: “Take control of what I say, O Lord, and keep my lips sealed.” Make that your prayer every morning.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can embrace life and see my days filled with good by taking control of what I say. I choose in advance to watch my words carefully today. I ask You to help me keep my lips sealed when I’m tempted to complain and argue. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Nov 2020 05:17 #2462 by DrMike
Be Steadfast and Immovable

Today’s Scripture

“...Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord...” (1 Corinthians 15:58, NKJV)

To “be steadfast and immovable” is a powerful choice we need to make. “I am not going to be moved by my circumstances. I’m not going to let what others say about me steal my joy. I’m not going to live worried about my finances. I’m going to do my best and trust God to do what I can’t do. I have the grace from God to handle anything that comes my way.”

As long as you’re allowing circumstances to determine your peace and joy, your life is going to be like a rollercoaster ride that’s based on what goes your way. That’s surface living. God is saying, “You have to go down deeper in your faith.” Rather than try to use your faith to control your circumstances, use your faith to control yourself in the midst of those circumstances. When you stay in peace, that’s a place of power. You know that no weapon formed against you will prosper.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your peace and joy as I put my trust in You. Help me to be steadfast and consistent, unmoved by the ups and downs of life. I believe You have given me the grace to handle anything that comes my way today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

George Reinbold the director of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to George at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

13 Nov 2020 05:29 #2463 by DrMike
The Lamb of God

Today’s Scripture

“...The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!...” (John 1:29, NKJV)

In the Old Testament, the only way to have forgiveness for sins was to sacrifice an animal. Every year on the Day of Atonement, the high priest would offer a sacrifice for his sins and the sins of all the people. If the sacrifice met all the requirements, their sins would be taken away, and they would be covered until the next year’s Day of Atonement sacrifice. This was an ongoing process of temporary forgiveness.

Jesus is the Lamb of God who actually takes away our sin. Now we can live with the confidence that all our sins—past, present, and future—have not just been covered, but they have been washed away by the power of His blood and death on the cross. We have an everlasting release. The price has already been paid, and you are forgiven. Don’t go around feeling guilty, condemned, trying to pay God back for your mistakes. Receive His forgiveness, receive His mercy, receive His love.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am forgiven, thank You that I am redeemed by the blood of Your Son, Jesus. Thank You that the price for my sins has been paid once and for all. I receive Your love and forgiveness and refuse to live under guilt and condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Nov 2020 10:38 #2464 by DrMike
Guard Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it...” (Proverbs 4:23, NIV)

One of our most important responsibilities is to keep our hearts pure. It’s easy to let what’s on the outside get on the inside. It takes discipline to say, “I’m not going to dwell on that offense. I’m not going to feel sorry for myself because something didn’t work out.” Maybe you need to forgive somebody, or maybe you’re still sour about a dream that didn’t work out, or maybe you’re still beating yourself up over a mistake you made. You only have so much emotional energy each day. It’s not an unlimited supply. Do you know how much energy it takes to hold a grudge, to go around offended? That’s wasting valuable energy that you need for your dreams, for your children, and for your destiny.

Life is too short for you to live offended, unforgiving, and bitter over what didn’t work out. Quit letting what’s on the outside get on the inside; start guarding your heart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can guard my heart and keep it pure from all the negative things that try to enter in. I declare that I will not allow offenses to get inside. I want Your stream of grace to flow unhindered in and through my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

17 Nov 2020 06:18 #2465 by DrMike
Second Chances

Today’s Scripture

“Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah a second time: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.” (Jonah 3:1–2, NIV)

After Jonah’s first refusal to go and preach to the city of Nineveh, God in His mercy used a great fish to rescue Jonah from certain death. The story could have ended there, but God doesn’t want to just rescue you from your mess, He wants to give you another chance to get to where you’re supposed to be. That mistake doesn’t disqualify you. God is always going to give you another chance and another to fulfill His best plan for your life.

The second time God told Jonah to go to the city of Nineveh, he obeyed and saw God do amazing things. The point is, Jonah’s mistake did not stop his destiny. It’s not too late to become everything you were created to be. If you’ll start right where you are, honoring God, being your best, serving others, the right doors will open, the right people will show up. The good news is, you’re covered by mercy.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I make a mistake and cause a mess, You don’t say, ‘Too bad, you had your chance, you’re on your own.’ Thank You for Your mercy that covers me and gives me second chances. I believe You will get me to where I’m supposed to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 Nov 2020 07:00 #2466 by DrMike
More Than You Can Imagine

Today’s Scripture

“And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her.” (Genesis 17:16, NKJV)

Sarah and her husband, Abraham, were very old. Sarah had been barren her whole life and not able to have children, but God spoke today’s Scripture to Abraham. When Sarah heard this, it was so unbelievable that she laughed. She was out in the desert, there were no fertility treatments or medical procedures, and she was ninety years old. Every circumstance said it was impossible, and yet it happened. God was saying, “Sarah, what I put in you is more than you can imagine.”

God is saying the same thing to you: “What I put in you is still going to come to pass. There is greatness in you. It’s much bigger than what you think.” Don’t let circumstances talk you out of your dreams and potential. You may not see how it can work out. God has ways to do it that you’ve never thought of. One touch of God’s favor will catapult you to the next level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the dreams, the promises, the potential, the seeds of greatness that You put inside me. Thank You for the divine connections, the explosive blessings, and the supernatural opportunities You have in my future. I believe I will give birth to my dreams. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Nov 2020 03:05 #2467 by DrMike
Live by a Higher Standard

Today’s Scripture

“You have been set apart as holy to the LORD your God, and he has chosen you from all the nations of the earth to be his own special treasure....” (Deuteronomy 14:2, NLT)

There’s a constant pressure trying to squeeze you into being common, into doing what everyone else is doing today. Don’t let that thinking rub off on you. Today’s Scripture is saying you’re not common. You’re not like everyone else. You’ve not only been chosen by the Most High God, but He set you apart. He made you uncommon.

It takes courage to be different. It takes courage to not compromise. People will try to make you feel weak because you don’t go with the majority, you don’t party with everyone, you don’t gossip, you don’t play politics. The truth is, you’re not weak; you’re strong. You are uncommon. People around you may be giving in to temptation, doing things you know are not the best. That’s the enemy trying to deceive you into being common. He knows that if you’re like everyone else, it will keep you from becoming all you were created to be. Don’t fall into that trap. Be uncommon.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You not only chose me, but You set me apart to be Your special treasure. I’m not going to be pressured into compromising, and I’m not going to live like everyone else. I’m going to live by a higher standard, and I believe I will see uncommon favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

20 Nov 2020 12:21 #2468 by DrMike
He is Your Chain Breaker

Today’s Scripture

“Should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?....” (Luke 13:16, NIV)

Jesus saw a lady in the synagogue who had been crippled for eighteen years. She was bent over and unable to stand up. It’s interesting that He described the infirmity as a chain, that she was bound by it. He touched her and instantly she was healed.

We all have forces that are trying to hold us back, chains that restrict us. Chains of guilt—beating yourself up for past mistakes. Chains of depression—a dark cloud follows you around. Chains of low self-esteem—you never feel good about yourself. But you were not created to be bound, whether it’s by loneliness, by shame, or by negative words spoken over you. The good news is our God is a chain breaker, and He is saying, “This is your time to be free. It is not your destiny to go through life with something limiting you.” If you let this take root, every chain that’s holding you back is being broken.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can know You as my savior, as my provider, as my healer, and as my chain breaker. Thank You that my chains are gone, and I’ve been set free. I believe that every force that has been holding me back has been broken. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Nov 2020 03:52 #2469 by DrMike
Prayer Makes the Difference

Today’s Scripture

“Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church....” (Acts 12:5, NKJV)

King Herod hated believers so much that he had the apostle James killed, then he had Peter put in prison. With chains on both wrists, Peter was guarded by four squads of soldiers to make sure he didn’t escape. Today’s Scripture says the church was in prayer constantly for Peter, asking God to somehow bring him out. While they were praying in the middle of the night, an angel showed up in the prison and woke Peter up. He was sleeping, not praying, but he had friends who were praying. The chains fell off Peter’s wrists, and they walked past two guard posts and the prison’s iron gate opened on its own accord. Peter’s life was spared.

Are you praying for others? All of your family members, friends, and relatives should be like Peters. Cover them in prayer. When you pray, Red Seas part, hungry lions can’t open their mouths, cancer is overcome, blessings rain down. Your prayer can bring an angel.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I pray, something powerful happens, supernatural things take place. Help me to develop a habit of praying for others and be patient and stay faithful when I don’t see anything happening. I believe that my prayers make a difference. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Attachments:

30 Nov 2020 09:59 #2470 by DrMike
Turning Points

Today’s Scripture

“...So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed...” (John 8:36, NIV)

In the Scripture, Rebekah instructed her son Jacob to deceive their father. Jacob turned out to be a deceiver just like her. Jacob’s Uncle Laban had the same problem. He deceived Jacob. There was a spirit of deception in that family. It looked as though it would continue from generation to generation. But at one point, Jacob admitted he was wrong, and God changed him (see Genesis 32). That was the turning point. The curse was broken.

Some of the things you struggle with every day have been passed down to you. The dysfunction, the addiction, the low self-esteem didn’t start with you, but it can end with you. God is saying, “I’m about to break its power in your family line.” This is a new day. Freedom and wholeness are coming to your house. Put your faith out there and say, “Christ broke the power of this when He rose from the dead. It is finished in our family. We are free indeed.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when Christ conquered death on the cross, He broke the power of every negative thing that’s trying to hold me back. Thank You that any stronghold of the enemy within our family line is being destroyed. I believe that we are being set free. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.878 seconds