Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Oct 2021 04:23 #2661 by DrMike
The Hand of God

Today's Scripture

“I will teach you about the hand of God; what is with the Almighty I will not conceal.” (Job 27:11, NKJV)

Life is too short to live frustrated because you’re not getting your way or because something unfair happened. God wouldn’t have allowed it if it was going to keep you from your destiny. It’s a test. Are you going to let it steal your joy, or are you going to be still and know that He is God? If He’s not changing it, you have to be mature enough to say, “God, I don’t like this situation, but You’re in control. I’m going to stay in peace and enjoy my life.”

Could it be that what’s frustrating you is really the hand of God? Could it be He’s doing things behind the scenes that are for your good? He’s guiding you, protecting you, positioning you, preparing you. Not everything that happens is ordained by God, but nothing can happen without His permission. When it doesn’t make sense to us, we have to trust Him. He’s given you grace to go through it. If you pass the test, you’ll see promotion, healing, breakthroughs, and new levels.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can be still and know that You are God. Help me to realize that Your hand is at work behind the scenes in my life, and You’re working things for my good. I declare that I’m going to stay in peace and know that You are in control. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2021 07:10 #2662 by DrMike
Don’t Be Against Yourself

Today's Scripture

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. (1 Corinthians 15:10, NIV)

Sometimes we spend more time looking at what’s wrong with us than we do looking at what’s right with us. Some people have never once said, “I like myself. I like my gifts. I like my personality. I’m happy with who God made me to be and for the good that His grace has worked in me.” But if you don’t like yourself in a healthy way, if you’re living under guilt, feeling condemned and unworthy, it will negatively affect every relationship you have, including your relationship with God. You won’t go to Him with boldness.

Don’t you dare go through life being against yourself. God is saying, “You are My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased.” Now do your part. Put on God’s approval each morning. If you acknowledge the grace of God in your life, every chain that’s holding you back will be broken. God is going to keep making and molding you. You’re going to come up higher, overcome obstacles, and reach the fullness of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can feel good about who I am because You made me just as I am and because Your grace is at work in me. Thank You that I can like myself and the gifts and personality You gave me. I’m happy with who You made me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

13 Oct 2021 03:39 #2663 by DrMike
Don’t Hold Back

Today's Scripture

“Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes.” (Isaiah 54:2, NIV)

You might have been raised in a limited environment. Perhaps your family members didn’t have a vision for a better future and settled for mediocrity. You have to leave behind the negative mindsets you were raised with. Leave a scarcity mentality. Leave the limitations that people have put on you and make room for God to increase you. Be around people who inspire you, people who stretch you, people who are making a difference, not just people who are settling for the status quo.

You can be the difference maker for your family. Now, do your part and have a new mindset—an abundant mentality, a free mentality, a healthy mentality, a victorious mentality. Don’t talk yourself out of it. Don’t let circumstances discourage you. Announce to anything that’s holding you back, “It is finished. This is a new day. I’m drawing the line in the sand. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. We will accomplish our dreams and become everything we were created to be.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can leave behind any negative mindsets and make room for the increase You want to bring into my life. Thank You that this is a new day to break free from limitations. I declare that I am lengthening the cords and enlarging the place of my tent. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Oct 2021 03:39 #2664 by DrMike
In the Waiting Room

Today's Scripture

But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. (James 1:4, NKJV)

We all have things we’re waiting for—a dream to come to pass, a problem to turn around. When it’s taking longer than we thought, it’s easy to get impatient and think, “When is it ever going to happen?” Sometimes it’s not happening because we’re not prepared for what God has prepared. If you could see what God has in mind, you’d realize you can’t handle it right now. You need more time to develop, to grow, to gain experience.

When you’re in God’s waiting room, you may not see anything changing, but something is happening—patience is working in you. Patience is building you, getting you prepared so you can sustain what God has coming. Your spiritual muscles are getting stronger. Don’t discount the waiting period. Don’t get discouraged because it’s not happening as fast as you like. The longer it takes, the more God has in store. When God knows you’re ready, what you give birth to is going to be much bigger than you think.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there is a purpose for keeping me in the waiting room, whether I understand it or not. Thank You that patience is doing its work preparing me, making me stronger, and growing me up. I declare that I will trust You as I wait. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Oct 2021 08:11 #2665 by DrMike
Don’t Be a Doormat

Today's Scripture

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts. (Colossians 3:15, NIV)

It’s easy to let people cause us to lose our peace and live frustrated. Too often, we think we have to keep everyone happy—our spouse and children, our neighbors, cousins, and coworkers—but we end up only trying to change things that only God can change. You can’t change people and make them do what’s right. You can pray for them and encourage them, but they have their own free will. Don’t let them steal your joy or make you feel guilty because you’re not meeting their demands. What they really want is to control you.

Don’t fall into the trap of codependent relationships. Be good to others, be kind, be loving, but don’t be a doormat. Your destiny is too important to let people control you. You’re not doing them a favor by catering to them. You’re enabling their dysfunction and keeping yourself from moving forward. You have to set some boundaries and let the peace of Christ—not their demands—rule in your heart. Stay at rest.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your peace and joy that rule and guard my heart as I put my trust in You. Show me where I need to put up boundaries from anyone or anything that is stealing my peace. I will stay at rest and not allow others to control me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 Oct 2021 06:15 - 18 Oct 2021 06:18 #2666 by DrMike
Love Someone Who Is Messy

Today's Scripture

“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” (John 8:7, ESV)

In John 8, the religious leaders brought a woman to Jesus who had been caught in the act of adultery. The law was clear. She was guilty. But when you’re tempted to be judgmental of someone who has fallen, Jesus teaches us to ask ourselves, “Have I ever done wrong? Am I qualified to throw the first stone?” None of us are. Jesus refused to condemn her, but rather said, “Now go and sin no more.” Grace shows up in the most unusual places. Grace for someone who’s committed adultery, grace for the friend who’s off course.

Don’t be in the condemning business. Be in the loving business, the healing business. Be for people, for restoration, for second chances, for mercy. Be known as someone who sees the best in people, believes in them, and pushes them toward their destiny. Be someone who is willing to help messy people. They may be lying on the ground now, but you can be the one to help them receive grace and stand back up.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me at all times, for pouring out Your grace upon me and never giving up on me when I’ve failed. I want to love the people You have placed in my life like You do. Help me to be a restorer, a healer, full of grace and mercy to lift the fallen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 with your requests.

Attachments:

19 Oct 2021 06:32 #2667 by DrMike
Yesterday’s Baggage

Today's Scripture

“Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight.” (Romans 4:7, NLT)

We all make mistakes, and some are very painful. Maybe you need to bury mistakes you made. You’ve lived feeling guilty, condemned, and down on yourself long enough. Have a funeral and put it behind you. No more talking about it. No more letting the accuser make you feel unworthy. When the defeat, the mistake, or the hurt comes back up on the movie screen of your mind, change the channel. Have the attitude, “I’m not living in regret and rehearsing failures. I’m moving forward.”

Pay attention to what you’re dwelling on all day. Listen to what you’re saying. How much time and energy are you giving to the negative things of your past—the guilt, the offenses, the blame, the discouragement? You only have so much emotional energy each day. When you spend that energy on negative things, rehearsing your failures and being down on yourself, that’s energy you should be using to move forward. Drop yesterday’s negative baggage. Let it go.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You’ve given me the power to stop the negative things from my past that play and replay in my mind. I refuse to continue to live in regret and be down on myself. I declare that I am dropping the baggage and moving forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Oct 2021 07:06 #2668 by DrMike
Who’s Your Architect?

Today's Scripture

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19, NKJV)

When an architect designs a skyscraper, he calculates all the loads, how much each floor will weigh, and how much wind stress it will face so it can withstand all the pressures it will bear. The good news is that your architect is the Most High God. He not only designed solar systems and mountain ranges, He designed you. When He laid out the plan for your life, He calculated everything you would face—all the pressure, the weight, the elements. He took into account every hurt, injustice, loss, and mistake. He designed your beams thick enough and your foundation deep enough. He put in you the strength, the fortitude, and the tenacity that no matter what comes against you, it will not be too much to bear. You’ve been designed to withstand the opposition, overcome the injustice, and endure till the dream comes to pass.

When you’re tempted to think, “I can’t handle this,” tell yourself, “I am well able. My God shall supply all my needs in Christ Jesus.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my architect, and You are working through a specific plan for my life. Thank You that You have designed me to withstand whatever comes against me. I believe that You are supplying all my needs and will finish what You started. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Oct 2021 04:03 #2669 by DrMike
The Final Word

Today's Scripture

Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.” (John 2:19, NIV)

Over two thousand years ago, Satan and all the forces of darkness thought they had finally defeated Jesus on the cross. They didn’t realize that Jesus had prophesied not only His death but His resurrection three days later. While the enemy celebrated, Jesus rose up, took away the keys of death and hell, and said, “I am He that lives. I was dead, but I am alive forevermore.”

Whatever you face, God has the final word. Go back to those places where you quit believing and stir up your faith. Who told you it was over? That wasn’t the final word. Your story doesn’t end in defeat but in victory. Along the way there may be some setbacks, times when it looks impossible, but you’re about to see God show out. There’s a sudden change coming—sudden healing, sudden opportunities, sudden promotion, sudden breakthroughs. What you thought was permanent is about to change in your favor. You’re going to rise higher, accomplish dreams, and reach the fullness of your destiny

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what challenges and setbacks I face, You have the final word over all things. Thank You that it’s never over until You say it’s over. I believe that You are breaking the powers of darkness, and victory is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

22 Oct 2021 07:18 #2670 by DrMike
Wipe the Slate Clean

Today's Scripture

And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude]… (Ephesians 4:23, AMPC)

The apostle Paul says that every day you need to put on a fresh new attitude. If you don’t start anew, you’ll bring all the negative from yesterday into today. You do that week after week and before long you’ll be critical, condescending, negative, and seeing the worst. “I don’t like my job. My house is too small. I’ll never get well.” That is an old sour attitude.

When you wake up each morning, you need to say, “Father, thank You that this day is a gift. Everything may not be perfect, but I’m grateful to be alive, grateful for my family, grateful for today’s opportunities. I’m going to make the most of this day.” That’s not just being positive, that’s putting on a fresh new attitude. You get rid of anything from yesterday that’s weighing you down and wipe the slate clean. Let go of the disappointments, let go of what didn’t work out, get your mind going in the right direction, and you’ll see God show out in your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are on the throne, and You’ve given me this day as a gift to live for You. Thank You that I can wipe yesterday’s slate clean and start with a fresh new attitude. I’m going to be my best and make the most of this day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.001 seconds