Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 Dec 2021 06:35 #2701 by DrMike
Freedom

Today's Scripture

"So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound think of it for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?" (Luke 13:16, NKJV)

This lady who came into the synagogue where Jesus was had been bent over for eighteen years. She had been bound by the enemy for so long that I'm sure she thought it was permanent. When Jesus called her a daughter of Abraham, it meant she was a part of the covenant that God made with Abraham. She wasn't just any woman. She had rights and privileges because she was in the family line of Abraham. As with her, you're not just anyone.

You're a child of the Most High God. You have rights because of who you belong to. You weren't created to be bound by sickness, an addiction, or any limitation. Get ready because the chain breaker is about to step in. If Jesus were here today, He would look at you and say, You are loosed from what's holding you back. Your day of freedom has come. The chain is coming off. You're being released into healing, released into favor, released into new levels.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have come into my life as my Savior, as my provider, as my healer, and as my chain breaker. Thank You that my chains are gone, and I've been set free. I believe that every force that has been holding me back has been broken. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Dec 2021 05:02 #2702 by DrMike
Rise Again

Today's Scripture

Though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again. (Proverbs 24:16, NIV)

Very few people can look in the mirror and say, I am good. We think, Not me. I fall short. I struggle in some areas. But when you say, I am good, it's not because of who you are; it's because of who you are. You are a child of the Most High God. He handpicked you, breathed life into you, and crowned you with favor. Don't go around intimidated, insecure, feeling as though you don t measure up. Your performance doesn't determine who you are; your heavenly Father determines who you are. When you fall down and make mistakes, thoughts will whisper, Look at you! You're a hypocrite. Don't live with that heaviness. Just answer back, I may have fallen, but I got back up again. Hold your head up and feel good about who you are. You may not be where you want to be, but you're growing, improving, and coming up higher. Celebrate where you are. Thank God for where He's brought you so far.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God, and because I am Your child, I have royalty in my blood. Help me when I fall to never stay down in discouragement and condemnation. I declare that I am righteous because of who You are. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

27 Dec 2021 06:59 #2703 by DrMike
Don't Go by Your Circumstances

Today's Scripture

Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety? (Genesis 17:17, NIV)

Sarah was over ninety years old when she gave birth to Isaac. This is way too old in the natural, but we serve a supernatural God. He can make a way where you don't see a way. Don't talk yourself out of your dreams. Don't give up on what God promised you. You can still give birth. You can still meet the right person, still start your own business, still go to college, and still break the addiction. That seed is alive in you. Here's the key: You can't judge what's in you by what's around you. All of Sarah's circumstances said, You'll be barren your whole life. You're too old. No woman your age has babies. It's impossible. If she had believed that lie and let that seed take root, the miracle birth would never have happened. You can draw in the negative with your doubt or you can draw in God's blessings with your faith. Don't let what you see around you cause you to give up on your dreams.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am not limited by my circumstances. Thank You that what surrounds me does not determine the seeds of greatness You have placed within me. I believe that the supernatural plans You have for me are going to take me where I could never go on my own. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Dec 2021 07:06 #2704 by DrMike
Broken Pieces

Today's Scripture

But the ship struck a sandbar and ran aground. The bow stuck fast and would not move, and the stern was broken to pieces by the pounding of the surf. Acts 27:41, NIV

In Acts 27, in the midst of the storm at sea, God promised the apostle Paul that he and the ship’s crew would survive, but the ship would be lost. It would have been much less traumatic if God had saved the ship, but sometimes our boat goes down. The good news is that the wooden boat’s broken pieces helped float them to safety. We think we have to have the boat, but God had a plan so that their brokenness became their breakthrough.

You may have lost someone or something precious to you, but what you have left is what you need. God didn’t let you lose so much that you can’t make it to where He’s taking you. When you’re in the waves, grab on to the broken pieces. That means to keep believing that what God promised is still on the way. Keep thanking God for His goodness. He doesn’t change His mind. The boat may have broken apart, but you’re still going to make it to your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I’m in the waves and something precious has been lost, You don’t leave me on my own. Thank You that I can depend upon You to get me through and safely to where I should be. I believe that what You promised is still on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

03 Jan 2022 08:24 #2705 by DrMike
It’s a New Season

Today's Scripture

“They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks.” (Isaiah 2:4, NIV)

God told the Israelites that they were coming into a time when they would convert their weapons of war into implements of peace. He’s saying you’re coming into a season where you’re not going to have to fight and struggle and try to make things happen. You’re coming into a season of ease. Instead of a sword, you’re going to need a plow to prepare for the coming harvest. You can put your spear down, because you’re not going to have to go attack and try to get back what belongs to you. God is fighting your battles. Freedom belongs to you. Wholeness belongs to you. Rather than struggle, you need to get ready for the harvest, for the breakthrough, for the healing. It’s not going to happen by your might, by your power. It’s going to happen because the Most High God breathes on your life.

You’re in a new season. What has held you back is being broken. You’re coming into harvest. Dare to believe and declare it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I go through seasons of struggle and pressure that I have Your promise of a coming season of ease. Thank You that it comes not by my own power but because You breathe on my life. I believe that Your grace will bring me through to victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

04 Jan 2022 07:38 #2706 by DrMike
An Abundant Mentality

Today's Scripture

My cup overflows with blessings. (Psalm 23:5, NLT)

Some religious people will try to convince you that spiritual people should be poor and not have much of anything. They seem to prefer that you be constantly struggling, in debt, not able to pay your bills. That is not God’s best. Jesus didn’t come and give His life so we could barely get by and live off others’ leftovers. He came that we might live an abundant life (John 10:10). “Abundance” means to have plenty—plenty of joy, plenty of peace, plenty of good health, plenty of resources. Money shouldn’t be your focus, but the reality is that it takes money to fulfill dreams.

When David says his cup overflowed with blessings, he means you have so much that you can’t contain it all. Can I tell you that we serve a God who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think? He wants you to start having an abundant mentality. Enlarge your vision. Take the limits off yourself and off God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are a more-than-enough God, and You want my cup to overflow with blessings. Help me to enlarge my vision of what You can do and start living with an abundant mentality. I declare that I am taking the limits off myself and You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Jan 2022 07:33 #2707 by DrMike
The Fourth Man

Today's Scripture

“Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” Daniel 3:25, NKJV

When the three Hebrew teenagers were thrown into the fiery furnace because they wouldn’t bow to King Nebuchadnezzar’s golden idol, they were bound with cords. They should have been killed instantly, but when the king gazed into the furnace, he saw four unbound men, and one who looked like the Son of God. Here’s my point: Your hands may be tied today—you’ve worked, prayed, believed, and done the right thing, but it seems like your dream is never going to work out. The good news is that God’s hands are not tied. He’s not limited by what’s limiting you.

I believe that what’s restricted you in the past has lost its grip—that addiction, that sickness, that lack, the bad breaks. It’s a new day. The fourth man has shown up. Like the Hebrew teenagers, you’re coming out, not bound but loosed, free, whole, vindicated, promoted, with that dream you were believing for. Your hands are not tied anymore. God is releasing you into new levels of your destiny in 2022.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the birth of Your Son as a baby in Bethlehem. Thank You that I can join with the angels of heaven and give You all the praise and glory for what You’ve done. I come before You and bow my knees and heart and offer You my worship. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

06 Jan 2022 06:45 #2708 by DrMike
Shine Your Light

Today's Scripture

The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?” John 4:9, NLT

In John 4, Jesus surprised a Samaritan woman at a well when He offered to give her “living water,” meaning eternal life. Not only did Jewish men refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans, let alone a Samaritan woman, but this woman had a very bad reputation. Jesus had chosen to wait at the well for a woman who had been written off for her moral failures. He didn’t judge her or find fault. He spoke life into her. He lifted her. He valued her. She was the first person whom Jesus ever told He was the Messiah, and through her many Samaritans believed in Him.

God has waited on all of us. Now He’s asking, “Will you wait on someone for Me? Will you wait on that friend who’s making bad choices? Will you call them, encourage them, let them know that you care? Will you wait on that neighbor who makes fun of your faith? Keep praying, keep encouraging, keep loving, and keep letting your light shine.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for waiting on me with a heart of compassion and restoring love. Thank You that You have called me to have that same heart for all the people in my life. Help me to wait on them, to love and encourage them, and to keep letting my light shine for them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Jan 2022 09:11 #2709 by DrMike
Be a No-Lack Person

Today's Scripture

…those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing. Psalm 34:10, NLT

It’s easy to go through life thinking we’re lacking in some area. “If I had a better personality, if I were more confident, if I were more attractive, I could reach my dreams.” But as long as you think you’re at a disadvantage, that you got shortchanged, that you’re not up to par, it’s going to keep you from rising higher. It’s going to limit your life. That’s a deficit mentality.

Too often we’re looking around at others and comparing, but God is saying, “You don’t need what they have. If you needed it, I would have given it to you. Look inside. You have the talent. You have the confidence. You have the creativity. As long as you trust in Me, you will never lack any good thing.” You’re not at a deficit. You are good enough, you are talented enough, you are smart enough, and you are attractive enough. You have been fearfully and wonderfully made. You need to see yourself as a no-lack person.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your favor surrounds me like a shield. Thank You that goodness and mercy are chasing me down. Thank You that divine connections, the right people, are headed my way. I declare my trust in You that I will never lack any good thing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

10 Jan 2022 06:42 #2710 by DrMike
Believe First

Today's Scripture

“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” (Mark 11:24, NIV)

In Mark 11, Jesus was hungry and walked over to a fig tree only to discover that it was barren. After He said, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again,” there was no evidence that what He said had happened. But the next morning “the disciples saw the fig tree had withered from the roots.” When Jesus spoke to the tree, the source was cut off in the roots. It had still looked alive, but it was just a matter of time before the outside caught up with the inside.

When you pray, Jesus says you have to believe that God put the miracle in motion. You can’t wait for the evidence, and then you’ll start believing; you have to believe first. Whether it’s for freedom from an addiction, the healing of a sickness, or a breakthrough in your finances, the prayer of faith says, “When I pray according to God’s Word, I believe it happens right when I pray.” It’s just a matter of time, and you’ll see what God promised.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life is in Your hands, and Your Spirit leads me. Thank You for the silent seasons, for the times of testing when I don’t always understand where You’re taking me. I trust You to take me through the desert into something bigger for my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.195 seconds