Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

08 Mar 2022 04:51 #2751 by DrMike
Positioned for Increase

Today's Scripture

Then the manna ceased on the day after they had eaten the produce of the land; and the children of Israel no longer had manna, but they ate the food of the land of Canaan that year. (Joshua 5:12, NKJV)

For forty years in the wilderness, the Israelites depended upon God’s supernatural provision of manna for their survival every day. But they didn’t realize the manna was only a temporary provision. They were satisfied with something to eat, but God wasn’t satisfied. He was taking them into a land flowing with milk and honey, with all kinds of fruits, vegetables, and resources. So, when they ate their first produce from the Promised Land, the manna ceased. I can hear them crying out, “God, what’s happening?” But God was saying, “From now on, I’m bringing you into abundance.”

When something ceases in your life—a friend walks away or a job ends—it’s not the time to get discouraged. God never removes something unless He has something better coming. If He didn’t stop certain things, we would never get out of our comfort zone. It’s time to get ready, because increase is coming, greater provision is on the way, and God is about to take you where you can’t go on your own.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all the ways You provide for me every day. Thank You that when one of those provisions ceases, You are getting me in a position to increase me. I believe that You are stretching me and getting me out of my comfort zone to bring me into greater favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2022 04:43 #2752 by DrMike
Change Your Name

Today's Scripture

The baby’s father, however, called him Benjamin (which means “son of my right hand”).(Genesis 35:18, NLT)

In Genesis 35, just before Rachel died while giving birth, she was in so much pain and distress that she named the baby Ben-Oni, which means “son of my sorrow.” Back in those days, a child’s name set the direction for their life. She had pronounced that he would live a sorrowful, painful, depressing life. But Jacob intervened and changed his name to Benjamin, which means “son of my right hand, son of my strength.” Jacob would not allow his son to see himself as a son of sorrow, as limited and defeated.

Perhaps the people who should have been speaking faith over you, affirming you, naming you victorious, talented, and a masterpiece did just the opposite. If they named you a failure, not good enough, or not talented, the good news is that what God names you overrides what people name you. Don’t let the negative things people have spoken over you, how you were raised, or what you didn’t get determine your destiny. Change your name to what God calls you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You alone have the right to name me. Thank You that what You name me overrides all the other names I’ve been called and all the mistakes of my past. I will call myself what You call me and become who You say I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

10 Mar 2022 06:50 #2753 by DrMike
Don’t Water it Down

Today's Scripture

And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature… (2 Peter 1:4, NLT)

All of us have dreams we’re believing for, but too often we get discouraged and quit believing for the fullness of what’s in our heart. It’s easy to water down what God promised us. “I don’t like this job, but it’s good enough.” “I was believing for a house, but this apartment is okay.” “I was hoping to get well, but I’ve learned to live with this sickness.”

If you’re going to become all you were created to be, you have to keep a fire in your spirit that says, “I refuse to settle for less than what God promised.” You’re not going to be talked out of it, you’re not going to water it down, and you’re not going to let good enough be good enough. It may be more difficult and taking longer than you thought, but what God promised you is still on the way—not a watered-down version, not a make-do promotion, not a partial healing, not a good-enough marriage. God doesn’t water down what He’s spoken to us.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the great and precious promises You have given me that enable me to share in Your life and nature. Thank You that You never water down what You’ve promised. I refuse to settle for less than what You’ve promised. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Mar 2022 03:08 #2754 by DrMike
Stir it Up

Today's Scripture

Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. (2 Timothy 1:6, NKJV)

One of the saddest things would be to come to the end of life and wonder what we could have become. “What if I hadn’t neglected to use the gift that God gave me? What if I had broken away from the people who were causing me to compromise? What if I had controlled my temper and treated my spouse with respect? What if I had taken that step of faith in my career and not played it safe all the time?”

You don’t have to wonder. You can start today. You can still become who God created you to be. The question is, do you want it badly enough? You have to go after what God has for you. Being passive and indifferent will keep you from your destiny. Stir your passion up and make the decision, “I’m going to pursue God and all that He has put in my heart. I’m going to take steps to grow the gift He gave me. I’m going to come up higher.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for entrusting me with gifts and talents. Thank You that I have greatness in me because You put it there. Help me stir up my faith and let the passion become a flame. I’m going to take steps to grow the gift You gave me. I’m going to come up higher. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Mar 2022 05:10 #2755 by DrMike
Clear Out the Clutter

Today's Scripture

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7, NIV)

All through the day there’s clutter coming your way—disappointments, drama, stress, worry, guilt, jealousy. That’s why the Scripture tells us to guard our mind. You have to be proactive if you’re going to keep your mind in peace. Quit dwelling on thoughts that tell you everything you’re not. Program your mind with what God says about you. You’ve been wonderfully made by God and are exactly how you are supposed to be. Now get in agreement with Him. With a quiet confidence, you need to have this recording playing in your mind: “I’m a masterpiece. I’m one of a kind. I’m talented, equipped, and empowered. I’m favored and have everything I need to fulfill my destiny.”

When you start dwelling on what God says about you, it will automatically clear out the clutter. Fear can’t stay where faith is. Discouragement can’t stay where hope is. Stress can’t stay where peace is. Guilt can’t stay where forgiveness is. Mediocrity can’t stay where greatness is. An uncluttered mind is a powerful force.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You didn’t create me to live weighed down by the worry, hurts, guilt, and frustrations that creep in and limit my life. Help me to clear out all the clutter of negative thoughts from my mind and dwell on what You have to say about me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Mar 2022 03:52 #2756 by DrMike
Designed to Withstand

Today's Scripture

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair. (2 Corinthians 4:8, NIV)

The apostle Paul went through all kinds of unfair situations. He was beaten with rods, falsely accused of crimes, lied about by others, put in prison for years, and shipwrecked. He could have been overwhelmed and crushed under the pressure. Yet he is the one who wrote, “Thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph.” He understood that God doesn’t let you face what you can’t handle. If you stay in faith as Paul did, you’ll discover you’ve been designed to withstand the pressure. You’ll find that the enemy can’t come up with a scheme to outwit the God who created you. He can’t send a storm that’s so powerful that your walls get blown down. You may be hard pressed, but you will not be crushed. Paul was saying we’ve been designed for the difficulty. God has taken into account all the weight, all the trouble, and all the bad breaks, and He’s given you the strength, the courage, and the fortitude to withstand.

Are you believing what you’re seeing, or are you believing what you’re reading in God’s Word? What you see may be lack and struggle, but what God is speaking to you is abundance, healing, breakthroughs, and new levels. Don’t reduce what God’s promised you to fit your faith. Stretch your faith and come up to His level. Every word He promises will come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being the God who always leads me to triumph. Thank You that You have designed me to withstand pressure even when I am hard pressed by it. I believe that You have taken into account all that I need and are supplying me with the strength to overcome. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878 COFA tips with resume when I get back on March 25th
Attachments:

23 Mar 2022 06:27 #2757 by DrMike
You Can’t Pay God Back

Today's Scripture

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus… (Romans 8:1, NIV)

Sometimes we think we have to pay God back for our mistakes and sins, and we try to do it by staying down and discouraged to show Him that we’re sorry, that we’re remorseful. Granted, there should be conviction and genuine remorse when we do something wrong. I’m not saying to just do whatever you want and never feel badly about it. My point is that once you ask God for forgiveness, you don’t have to pay Him back. The price has already been paid on the cross. But when you live feeling guilty, you’re saying, in effect, the sacrifice Christ made wasn’t enough. You’re saying, “Let me add something to it. Let me do my part by paying some kind of penalty for the wrongs I’ve done.” Living under guilt and condemnation doesn’t bring any honor to God. After all Christ did to pay the price, if you want to honor God, get rid of the guilt. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus—none.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am forgiven. Thank You that I am redeemed by the blood of Your Son. Thank You that the price for my sins has been paid once and for all. I receive Your love and forgiveness and refuse to live under guilt and condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Mar 2022 07:04 #2758 by DrMike
Fill This Prescription

Today's Scripture

“In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33, NKJV)

Jesus acknowledged that we’re going to have challenges in this life, and everything is not going to be perfect. Nevertheless, He added, “Be of good cheer.” He didn’t say to be discouraged, to be upset, to be sad, or to be offended. In the tough times, you need to be full of joy-because the joy of the Lord is what gives you strength. If the enemy can deceive you into living weighed down, discouraged, and somber, he’ll be able to defeat you at every turn. Don’t fall into that trap. Your circumstances may not change, but you can change. Quit letting everything burden you down. Make the choice that right in the midst of difficulties you’re going to be of good cheer.

I have a prescription for you from our Creator. He says stay cheerful, be good-natured, laugh every day, find the humor in life, and keep a joyful atmosphere in your home. If you stay on this prescription, you’ll have the strength to make it through the tough times.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus has overcome the world through His death on the cross and resurrection. Thank You that though I have challenges and tribulation, I can still be of good cheer. I receive Your joy as my strength to rise up and overcome the tough times. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Mar 2022 14:06 #2759 by DrMike
The Blessing Overrides All Else

Today's Scripture

And God said to Balaam, “You shall not go with them; you shall not curse the people, for they are blessed.” (Numbers 22:12, NKJV)

When the Israelites headed toward Jericho and were camped on the plains of Moab, the Moabite king saw how many Israelites there were, and he was afraid. So he hired a foreigner named Balaam to curse the people of Israel. But God told Balaam that “what I have blessed you cannot curse.” Notice that when God’s blessing is upon you, it doesn’t matter what negative thing someone says or does to you. All that matters is that God put His blessing on you, and that blessing will always override any curse.

When you go through disappointments, when unfair things happen, it’s easy to feel that’s clouded your future. Have a new perspective. What God has blessed nothing can curse. When you understand you have God’s blessing on you, you won’t be upset because someone’s talking about you. You won’t be worried about your finances or discouraged because of a setback. You know every force that’s trying to stop you is powerless to change what He has put on your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the blessing You have put on my life because I belong to You. Thank You that Your blessing will override any curse or negative thing that is said or done against me. I believe that every force that is trying to stop me is powerless before You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Mar 2022 07:27 #2760 by DrMike
Stay Faithful

Today's Scripture

But Elisha said, “As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” (2 Kings 2:2, NIV)

When the prophet Elijah was about to be taken up to heaven in a whirlwind, three times he told his assistant Elisha that he did not need to go with him to Bethel. But Elisha, who had taken care of Elijah faithfully, wouldn’t hear of it. His attitude was, “I’m committed to you. I was with you in the good times of miracles, and I’m going to be with you to the end.” Elisha had plenty of reasons to walk away, but he was committed. Because he stayed committed to serving Elijah, Elisha received a double portion of Elijah’s anointing and ended up performing twice as many miracles as Elijah did.

When you stay committed to your marriage, to your church, or to your job even though it’s hard, a double portion is coming—double favor, double honor, double resources. When you do the right thing when the wrong thing is happening, God will make things happen that you couldn’t make happen. Stay committed, stay faithful, stay loyal. You’re close to your breakthrough!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the double portion that You have reserved for those who stay committed when it would be easy to walk away. Help me to do the right thing when the wrong thing is happening. I believe that my breakthrough is coming. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.880 seconds