Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 May 2022 06:30 #2791 by DrMike
It’s Not Worth It

Today's Scripture

Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Romans 12:2, MSG

There’s a price to pay to become all we were created to be. You may not be able to do what others do, to watch what they watch, or to do your business as they do business. To always do the right thing, you’ll need to go the extra mile. People may not understand why you won’t talk behind someone else’s back, or why you won’t slack off at work with them, or why you won’t laugh about certain things. It’s not our business to judge them, but don’t become like them. Don’t lower your standard. Value God’s blessing more than what another person thinks of you. If you don’t feel good about something, if you have to talk yourself into it and make excuses as to why it’s okay, it’s not worth it. You’ll never go wrong taking the high road.

Have a made-up mind. “I’m going to be a person of integrity and honor God in all I do. I’m not going to compromise what I know God says.” Be the person whom God rewards.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I fix my attention on You and do what’s right, You change me from the inside out. I’m not going to be pressured into compromising, and I’m not going to live like everyone else. I will not lower my standard to please someone else. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2022 04:53 #2792 by DrMike
Just a Crack

Today's Scripture

“Seven priests will walk ahead of the Ark, each carrying a ram’s horn. On the seventh day you are to march around the town seven times, with the priests blowing the horns.” Joshua 6:4, NLT

The city of Jericho, which was surrounded by a huge stone wall so thick that chariots could ride on top, was the last city that stood between the people of Israel and the Promised Land. God told Joshua to have the people march around the walls once a day for six days and seven times on the seventh day. It wouldn’t have been so difficult if, while they were walking, they saw a little crack in the wall or a shift in the foundation, but nothing day after day. They didn’t understand it but just kept doing the right thing, and the final time around, the walls came tumbling down.

Too often we’ll stay in faith if we see the wall cracking. We’ll keep believing if our boss starts treating us better, if the promotion goes through, if things start to improve. You may not get a sign. You have to keep thanking God even though nothing is improving, keep walking by faith and not sight, and suddenly the walls will come down.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no obstacle is so high and wide that it can withstand Your touch. Thank You that to bring about Your promises in my life You have called me to walk by faith and not by sight. I will live with a sense of expectancy that You are about to do great things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

16 May 2022 11:21 #2793 by DrMike
A Public Display

Today's Scripture

“LORD, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant…Answer me, LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, LORD, are God…” 1 Kings 18:36–37, NIV

In 1 Kings 18, four hundred and fifty prophets of the god Baal came against the one prophet Elijah in a challenge to prove to the entire nation of Israel who God was through a demonstration of power. After the prophets of Baal had failed, Elijah prayed the words of today’s Scripture, and God answered with an awesome display of fire from heaven. There was no question as to whether it was the hand of the true God.

Sometimes you find yourself in a situation where you feel outnumbered. The sickness seems bigger, the opposition stronger, or the addiction too powerful. It’s easy to get discouraged and shrink back. But you have to do as Elijah did and not be intimidated by what’s against you. The battle is not yours; the battle is the Lord’s. He allowed that situation so He can display His awesome power through you. Ask big, and God will show out big. He’s a supernatural God. Everyone will see His hand on your life by what He does.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You want to do great things in my life so that others will see and know that You are God. Thank You that the battles are not mine but Yours. I believe that You’re about to make things happen that I could never make happen, and in amazing ways. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 May 2022 07:26 #2794 by DrMike
Out of Your Comfort Zone

Today's Scripture

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9, NIV

In Joshua 1, Moses had died, and it was time for Joshua to step into the leadership role and take the Israelites into the Promised Land. What God had in store for him was undoubtedly scary. He had defeated opponents on the way, but the obstacles and responsibilities before him were far bigger and more intimidating than anything he’d ever faced. Into his situation, God was saying, “I’ve already equipped and empowered you for every battle. This is your time. Don’t be afraid. I am with you.”

To take new ground in your life, you can’t stay in your comfort zone. What God has in store for you will frighten you at times, but that’s okay; fear comes to us all. The key is to step forward in spite of what you feel and what your mind is telling you. You’ve been equipped for every battle. God is setting you up to go to a new level. In those scary places, you’ll discover strength, talent, determination, and perseverance you didn’t know you had.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You bring challenges and obstacles across my path so big that only You can make it happen. Help me to be bold, to dare to believe, to dare to take some new steps of faith and leave the familiar behind. I trust that You will go before me and take me to the next level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 May 2022 06:42 #2795 by DrMike
Speak Favor

Today's Scripture

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life… Psalm 23:6, NKJV

In today’s Scripture, the word “goodness” means God’s favor. David was saying, “Surely favor follows me all my life.” In effect, he was saying, “Favor is keeping enemies from defeating me. Favor is bringing promotion and opportunity.” He didn’t just think about it. He spoke favor over his life. He was releasing his faith for the favor of God. No wonder the prophet Samuel came to him and anointed him as the next king. No wonder he defeated a giant twice his size. No wonder King Saul couldn’t kill him.

You can increase in favor. When you’re constantly talking about the favor of God, bragging on His goodness, you will go places you couldn’t go on your own. You will overcome obstacles that seem impossible. If you’re struggling in your relationships, start declaring, “The favor of God is bringing healing and understanding. Favor is opening doors that I can’t open.” The more you thank God for it, the more you declare it, the more favor you’re going to see.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your favor is following me all the days of my life. Thank You that goodness is causing me to stand out, to overcome obstacles, and to receive increase. I declare that Your favor is helping to take me to places I couldn’t go on my own. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 May 2022 07:03 #2796 by DrMike
Stir It Up

Today's Scripture

“…his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.” Jeremiah 20:9, NIV

It may seem as though some of the dreams you’ve had didn’t work out, some of the promises you were believing for haven’t come to pass, and the fire has gone out in your life. Can I encourage you that underneath the ashes of disappointment, under the wrongs that people have done to you, and under the mistakes you’ve made, an ember is still alive? You may not be able to see that it’s still burning, but all you have to do is stir it up. Stir up your passion, your dreams, your creativity, and your gifts.

In today’s Scripture, the prophet Jeremiah was extremely discouraged, but deep down he realized that God’s promise was still burning. You may have been through things that knocked you down, but there are dreams shut up in you like embers—all they need is to be stirred up. Start dreaming again, start looking for new opportunities, start declaring God’s favor, and start praying bold prayers. What God put in you didn’t go out.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the fire of the promises and dreams that are burning deep inside my life. Help me stir up my dreams, gifts, and creativity, and let the passion become a flame. I believe that there is nothing the enemy can bring against me that can put out Your fire. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 May 2022 06:28 #2797 by DrMike
Watch Out for Discord

Today's Scripture

Meanwhile, Korah had stirred up the entire nation against Moses and Aaron, and they all assembled to watch. Then the glory of Jehovah appeared to all the people… Numbers 16:19, TLB

In Numbers 16, a man named Korah led a conspiracy to rebel against the leadership of Moses. Korah was jealous of Moses and started sowing discord. Eventually, this one disgruntled man turned the whole nation against Moses and led to disastrous consequences. There’s nothing that God dislikes more than people that bring division. If there’s something you don’t like about your workplace, your friend, or your church, go to the people in charge and express your concern. Don’t go behind their back and start sowing discord, trying to get others on board.

Are you letting someone sow discord in your life, causing you to be bitter, discontent, and jealous toward others? Don’t sit there inactive while they try to convince you of everything that’s wrong with your workplace, with your spouse, or with your life. Disconnect from them, and don’t let their poison into your spirit. You have to be bold and say, “No, that’s not for me.” Don’t get on Korah’s side; stay on God’s side.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for such a clear word of warning to guard my heart against discord and division. Help me to honestly evaluate my relationships and make changes where there’s discord. Help me to disconnect from anyone who sows discord and gossip and finds faults. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 May 2022 06:49 #2798 by DrMike
Restoration

Today's Scripture

Because you got a double dose of trouble and more than your share of contempt, your inheritance in the land will be doubled and your joy go on forever. Isaiah 61:7, MSG

You may be in a challenging time that has left you feeling beat up, worn and tired. It feels as though something’s been taken out of you that can’t be replaced. You’ve lost the spring in your step. Get ready, for God is about to breathe new life into your spirit. He’s going to renew your strength and renew your youth like an eagle’s. What that challenge took out, God is about to put back in—health, vitality, freshness, passion. He’s going to bring new opportunities, good breaks, the right people, and favor that catapults you ahead. He’s not going to just bring you out. He’s going to bring you out with double. When you come into double, nobody will know that business partner cheated you, nobody will know you had an unfair childhood, nobody will know you went through that illness. You’re going to be so blessed, so healthy, so strong, so favored that nobody will know what you’ve been through. That’s the way God restores. He’s going to bring you out better.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You never leave me stuck in my troubles, and You always work to bring about my restoration. Thank You for Your promise that You are going to make up for it in such an above-and-beyond way. I receive Your double blessing and the joy that goes on forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 May 2022 07:38 #2799 by DrMike
No Withholding

Today's Scripture

For the LORD God is our sun and shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. Psalm 84:11, NLT

God not only knows everything you need in the future, but He knows when you’re going to need it. He’s the Source. He knows where all the good things are. He has already lined up everything you’ll need. He’s not going to withhold the finances, the health, the ideas, or the connections. Quit worrying about how it’s going to work out. God is in control. He has unlimited resources. He knows how to get you to the right place at the right time. He can give you one idea that will catapult you to a new level. He can cause one person to come across your path who will help you accomplish a dream that seems impossible.

Too often we’re striving to make things happen on our own, trying to beat doors down. God is saying, “Ask Me for help. Call on My Name, and I will answer. Acknowledge Me every day as your source. What you’re believing for, I already have prepared.” Now it’s time to go to Him.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my provider, the source of everything good in my life. Thank You that Your favor is bringing me the right people, the right ideas, and getting me to the right place at the right time. I will call on Your name, knowing You will answer. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 May 2022 06:35 #2800 by DrMike
Change Coats

Today's Scripture

…to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness… Isaiah 61:3, NKJV

The Scripture says to put on a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness. A garment is like a coat. Before you can put on a coat of praise, you have to take off a coat of heaviness. Sometimes we wonder why we don’t have any joy, why we’re not passionate. We’re wearing the wrong coat. “Nothing good is in my future. I never get any breaks.” That coat of discouragement doesn’t look good on you, that coat of self-pity is out of style, and that coat of bitterness over who left you or what you didn’t get doesn’t fit you anymore. Now do your part and take off that coat of offense and put on a coat of praise. “Father, thank You that Your plans for me are for good. Thank You that what You started in my life You will finish.” If you’re going to rise to the next level, you have to adjust your attitude. You can’t have a defeated mentality and live a victorious life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that though I can’t change my past, I can control my attitude today and make sure that I’m not wearing a coat of heaviness and discouragement. Thank You that I can put on a garment of praise and thanksgiving. I’m going to live today with a great attitude. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.398 seconds