Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

26 May 2022 06:36 #2801 by DrMike
Freedom Plus

Today's Scripture

…and brought his people safely out from Egypt, loaded with silver and gold; there were no sick and feeble folk among them then. Psalm 105:37, TLB

The Israelites were in slavery for hundreds of years in Egypt. They were mistreated and taken advantage of. But God supernaturally brought them out. As they were leaving, the people who had oppressed them for all those years gave them gold, silver, and clothing. They didn’t leave looking like what they had been through as slaves, but they were loaded down with gifts.

Remarkably, today’s Scripture says “there were no sick or feeble ones among them,” yet they hadn’t had pharmacies or hospitals. And through the forty years of the wilderness wanderings, their clothes and shoes didn’t wear out. Nobody could tell they had been enslaved. Why? When God restores, there is no sign of what you’ve been through.

You may have been a slave to addictions, to depression, to fear, to lack. It’s been in your family line for generations, but your days of captivity have come to an end. Freedom is here. God is going to restore you back to where nobody will ever know you were ever enslaved.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You didn’t create me to be enslaved to anything. Thank You that You are freeing me from what I cannot free myself and delivering me from trouble I could not get out of. I believe that You are restoring me to wholeness and bringing me out better than ever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2022 06:25 #2802 by DrMike
With All Your Heart

Today's Scripture

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13, NIV

God says that He is looking for passionate people, people who are full of praise, people who seek Him with all their heart, not half. He’s talking about people who worship Him in spirit and truth, who are expecting to find Him and His favor. You can’t be indifferent, lethargic, and passive in seeking Him or in reaching your potential. You have to have some fire in you. Don’t let what didn’t work out, the disappointments, or the bad breaks cause you to become half-hearted in your praise, half-hearted in your marriage, or half-hearted at work. That’s why you have to stir up your heart. You’re not going to wake up every morning excited about seeking God and reading His Word or enthusiastic about your dreams. You’re going to have to do as David did and say, “This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. With my whole heart I will seek You.” If you keep seeking Him like this, you’ll find Him at levels you never dreamed.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can seek You with my whole heart, knowing that I will surely find You. Thank You that I can live my life passionately, with zeal in my heart to know You and love others. This is the day You have made, and I will rejoice and be glad in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Cherish Lamgo is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact her anytime for prayer and she'll gladly lift your requests up to the Father and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Cherish at 720.569.1316 or email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

31 May 2022 07:25 #2803 by DrMike
Humanly Speaking

Today's Scripture

Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God.” Mark 10:27, NLT

When we say that God is sovereign, that means He reigns over everything you face. Not only does He reign over the universe, but He reigns over your life, your finances, your career, your marriage, and your children. He has the final word over it all. You may be dealing with a bad medical report, but the God who reigns says, “I’m restoring health to you.” Keep Him on the throne. When thoughts tell you that you’re never going to get well, just say, “No, thanks. My God has the final say over my health. It may not have happened yet, but healing is coming.”

Are you spending more time thinking about problems or God’s promises? Are you talking more about how big the challenge is or how big your God is? Don’t dwell on what seems impossible. God overrides whatever is trying to stop you. Now stay in faith. When you get in agreement with God, He’ll make things happen that you could never make happen. God has the final say.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being on Your throne, for reigning as sovereign over my health, my finances, my family, and my circumstances. There are things in my life that I want to see changed that seem unchangeable, but I trust You to override them. The throne of my life is reserved for You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Jun 2022 06:02 #2804 by DrMike
You Are More Than You Think

Today's Scripture

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14, NIV

When David praised God that He had made him wonderfully, he wasn’t just talking about his looks or his personality and talents. He was talking about your infrastructure, the way God designed things in you that you can’t see. It’s about how He planned for the challenges you would face, things you think would overwhelm you, but out of nowhere a strength rises up, a boldness comes on you, with faith to overcome it and a determination to stand strong and outlast the opposition. Because God designed you, you’re stronger than you think. You have more endurance, more stamina, and more capacity for grace and forgiveness than you can imagine.

Don’t complain when something feels overwhelming—a loss, a setback, a disappointment. That’s when you discover what’s in you. You’ll discover perseverance, courage, and faith like you’ve never seen. If you keep the right attitude, the pressure will develop you rather than break you. You’ll grow and mature so you can go higher, to see new levels of influence and favor.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have come into my life as my Savior, as my provider, and as my healer. Thank You for making it so clear that You are Jehovah Rapha, and that it is Your will to heal and restore. I will trust You to keep me strong and healthy, always taking new ground. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Jun 2022 06:22 #2805 by DrMike
Worth the Wait

Today's Scripture

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways… Psalm 37:7, NIV

One reason we get in a hurry and make bad decisions is that we think we’re falling behind. Our friend is getting married, our coworker got promoted, our neighbor moved into a new house. We feel we’re being left out and need to make things happen. Some people feel they have to compromise themselves to keep a relationship or get a position. If you have to compromise your values, it’s never right and will only lead to harm.

What God has put your name on is not going to go to anyone else. What belongs to you will not go to another person. Don’t be impatient for God to act. Keep a good attitude, keep growing, keep passing the test. What God has for you is on the way. You’re being prepared for what God has prepared for you. The reason it’s taken so long is that it’s going to be much bigger and more fulfilling than you thought. When you see what God does, you’re going to say it was worth the wait.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that everything You have for me will be released in my life at the right time. Thank You that You are working behind the scenes and preparing me for whatever is next. Help me to be patient and know that You are always on schedule. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Jun 2022 08:04 #2806 by DrMike
Who Is with You?

Today's Scripture

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Acts 16:25, NIV

In Acts 16, Paul and Silas had been beaten and put in jail for sharing the good news. The opposition had stirred up trouble, and things were out of their control. They had all kinds of questions to which they had no answers. Would they have a fair trial…or be held there…or put to death? They could have been upset, worried, and losing sleep, but at midnight they were singing praises to God. Their attitude was, “We don’t know what’s coming, but we know that God is in control. Him being for us is more than the world being against us.” About that time, there was a great earthquake and their chains fell off.

It’s very powerful when you can say, “I don’t know how this situation will work out, but God is on the throne, He’s fighting my battles, His plans for me are for good, and what He started in my life He will finish.” That’s when the Creator of the universe will bring dreams to pass that seemed impossible.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You, the all-powerful Creator of the universe, are with me, just as You were with Paul and Silas. In the difficult times, when I don’t know how a situation is going to turn out, help me to offer You a sacrifice of praise. I believe You will work out Your plan for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Jun 2022 06:30 #2807 by DrMike
Sent with a Purpose

Today's Scripture

Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” John 20:21, NIV

In the Scripture, God brought Joseph through many years of difficult circumstances into a strategic position of influence in Egypt, so the Israelites would be able to survive a severe famine. Some of the hard things we go through and don’t understand are the result of God positioning us to carry out His purpose. In the difficult times, you have to trust Him, knowing that He’s ordering your steps.

Like Joseph, God is going to send you into strategic positions of service, influence, and leadership. We’re not called to run away from the world system; we’re called to infiltrate the system. God is raising up more Josephs to run media networks, to serve in the government, to find cures for diseases, and to lead in universities, business, real estate, and technology. Your Father’s world is a big world. He’s going to position you higher than you dreamed. It’s because He can trust you. He knows you’ll honor Him. You’ll handle the success with humility, live with integrity, and be a person of excellence.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that this big world I live in is Your world. Thank You for calling me and sending me with a purpose to infiltrate this world and not to run away from it. I am trusting You to order my steps and to help me make a difference in this world. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Jun 2022 06:56 #2808 by DrMike
Integrity Tests

Today's Scripture

Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out. Proverbs 10:9, NIV

Integrity is the foundation that a successful life is built on. You can have talent, determination, and vision, but without integrity you won’t reach your full potential. Too often we’re letting small compromises of our integrity keep us from the big things God has in store. A person of integrity does the right thing and gives his best whether or not anyone else is watching. You don’t call in sick and then go shopping for the day. You don’t come in late and leave early because others do it. You don’t buy things you can’t pay for. You don’t fudge on your taxes.

We can’t deceive people, tell half-truths, not keep our word, and expect God to bless us. Take it as a challenge that God is watching to see when He can promote you. He’s waiting for you to pass these tests of integrity so He can take you higher. Have integrity in your finances, in your relationships, in how you treat people, in what you watch, and you’ll walk securely into your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for challenging me to make sure that integrity is the foundation of my life. Show me if there is anything I’m doing that is keeping me from being my best. I want to walk securely before You, and I believe that You have the power to bring me up higher. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Jun 2022 06:49 #2809 by DrMike
God Has Seen

Today's Scripture

“If the God of my father, the God of Abraham and the Fear of Isaac, had not been with me, you would surely have sent me away empty-handed. But God has seen my hardship…” Genesis 31:42, NIV

For twenty years Jacob worked for his father-in-law, Laban, bringing Laban great increase in his flocks. For fourteen of those years he worked to earn Laban’s daughters as wives, then six more for his flock. Over that time, Laban was dishonest with Jacob and unfairly changed the terms of Jacob’s wages ten times. Despite that, God’s blessing followed Jacob, and when he finally left, he had more flocks and riches than Laban. God saw the hardship and unfairness, and He was keeping the records straight.

God sees what’s unfair in your life. He’s not going to just bring you out; He’s going to bring you out with abundance. Payback is coming. The bad breaks, the disappointments, and the people who did you wrong are not the end. It’s a setup. The enemy meant it for your harm. He’d love to convince you to live discouraged, not pursuing your dreams, and thinking it’s never going to work out. Don’t believe those lies. It’s setting you up for new levels of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You keep the records straight, and You’ve seen every unfairness I’ve experienced and how it has impacted my life. Thank You that You know how to pay me back. I believe that what the enemy has meant for my harm is setting me up for new levels. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Jun 2022 06:40 #2810 by DrMike
Open Rewards

Today's Scripture

“So that your deeds of charity may be in secret; and your Father Who sees in secret will reward you openly.” Matthew 6:4, AMPC

Oftentimes when we give of ourselves to serve others, nobody sees it or even thanks us. But God sees everything. He’s keeping the records. Jesus says, “What you do in secret, God will reward in the open.” Don’t worry if you’re not getting credit. Don’t get discouraged if people don’t thank you. God sees your sacrifice. He sees you buying supplies for your students. He sees you taking care of that neighbor who’s not feeling well. He sees you getting up early to sing in the choir.

He knows how to thank you. He knows how to open the windows of heaven. You can’t be good to somebody without God being good back to you. That’s just the way God is. When you give, He gives you more back. When you show someone favor, He shows you more favor. When you make it your business to serve, you’re going to see breakthroughs, promotion, and doors open that you couldn’t open. Keep going the extra mile, and the blessings will come to you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the opportunities You bring my way to serve others. Thank You that Jesus came not to be served but to serve others and give His life as a ransom for many. Help me to be like Him and keep going the second mile for others, knowing Your blessings are coming. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.773 seconds