Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

19 Dec 2022 08:40 #2921 by DrMike
No Compromise

Today's Scripture

Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned. I violated the LORD’s command and your instructions. I was afraid of the men and so I gave in to them.” 1 Samuel 15:24, NIV

King Saul lost his throne, and today’s Scripture provides the reason. God had told him to do certain things, but he disobeyed because he was afraid of the people. God was going to take him to amazing places, but Saul didn’t want to disappoint the people. He knew the right thing to do, but he didn’t want to rock the boat. People pressured him and squeezed him into their mold. As a people pleaser, he did not reach his potential.

Don’t let somebody squeeze you into their mold. Listen to other people’s advice, but be strong and follow that still, small voice inside. Nobody can hear God’s direction for your life like you. God doesn’t give someone else more insight about your destiny than He does you. Others may have insights, but God speaks to your spirit. You don’t need their approval; the Most High God has approved you. The One who breathed life into you has accepted you. Don’t let the fear of other people keep you from doing what’s right.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I don’t have to let other people squeeze me into their mold. Thank You that You speak to me with directions for my life, and Your approval is all that I need. I’m not going to be pressured into compromising what I know is right to do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2022 07:29 #2922 by DrMike
When Havoc Comes

Today's Scripture

But Saul was ravaging the church, and entering house after house, he dragged off men and women and committed them to prison. Acts 8:3, ESV

At the end of Acts 7, Stephen was stoned to death by members of the Jewish Sanhedrin for his faith in Christ, and Saul was there giving his approval. Saul then began to wreak havoc on the church in Jerusalem, “the city of peace,” scattering the apostles and many disciples throughout Judea and Samaria. One of those disciples named Philip went to the city of Samaria and began proclaiming Jesus as the Messiah, and he saw all kinds of miracles and great crowds coming to faith.

Sometimes God will allow your place of peace, perhaps your home or workplace, where you feel secure and comfortable, to be disrupted. A Saul of some sort shows up—a sickness, a betrayal, a downsizing, intense pressure—and wreaks havoc on your peace. Stay in faith. Saul is a setup for God to do something you’ve never seen, to push you to a new level. He already has a plan to use it to increase and promote you. Without the trauma, there wouldn’t be the transition.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there is a purpose when a Saul comes my way and wreaks havoc on my peace. Thank You that You have great plans to use it to increase and promote me. I will stay in faith and in peace, knowing that You hold me in the palms of Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

21 Dec 2022 07:07 #2923 by DrMike
Pause and Remember

Today's Scripture

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4, NIV

In the Old Testament, God commanded His people to take time out from their busy schedules to celebrate a variety of national festivals, which were times of remembrance. He wanted His people to pause and remember the marvelous deeds that He had performed for them—how He parted the Red Sea, how He brought water out of the rock, how manna came down from heaven in the wilderness. These festivals were marked by thanksgiving and joyous feasting.

Today is a special day for us to do the same—to enter His gates with an offering of thanksgiving and praise from our hearts for the good things He has done in our land, in our lives, and in the lives of our family members. Pause and remember those places and spaces in your life when God brought you victory, brought you success. When you remember that He is providing for all your needs and give thanks to God for who He is and the miracles He has done in your life, you will be transformed.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can enter into Your presence with a heart full of thanksgiving. Thank You for providing for all my needs and doing exceedingly abundantly above all I could ever ask or imagine. I give You a sacrifice of praise for You are good, and Your mercy endures forever! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

22 Dec 2022 07:11 #2924 by DrMike
Say So

Today's Scripture

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1–2, NIV

It’s significant that the psalmist didn’t just say, “I’m going to stay in the shelter of the Most High, and that will keep me protected.” He says, “I will say of the Lord.” What you’re saying is going to make a difference whether you see God’s protection and favor like you should. You can’t go around talking defeat, because negative talk is like bait. It attracts the enemy. It opens the door to difficulties. You need to zip that up.

You have to start declaring you’re protected and thanking God that there’s a hedge around you. The way you activate God’s protection is with faith-filled words. Say as David did in Psalm 27, “The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord protects me from danger. Why should I be afraid? Though an army surrounds me, I will remain confident. For in the time of trouble, God will hide me. He will place me out of reach, high on a rock.” Say what God says about you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. I speak it out loud because I know it’s true, and I believe that You will deliver and protect me. I declare that I will rest in Your shadow and dwell in Your shelter. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Dec 2022 08:14 #2925 by DrMike
Courageous Faith

Today's Scripture

By faith, Noah built a ship in the middle of dry land. He was warned about something he couldn’t see, and acted on what he was told. Hebrews 11:7, MSG

Most of us wouldn’t have any problem with taking a step of faith—starting a business, going back to school, moving to a new location—if we knew where the money was coming from, how long it was going to take, and that the right people were going to be there for us. But here’s the key: God doesn’t give the details. He’s not going to give you a blueprint for your whole life. If you had all the facts on how it’s going to happen, you wouldn’t need any faith. He’s going to send you out not knowing everything. He leads you one step at a time. If you have the courage to step into the unknown and do what you know He’s asking you to do, He’ll show you another step as He did Noah. Doors will open that you could never have opened, the right people will show up, you’ll have the funds and any other resources you need. Step by step, He’ll lead you into your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have a blueprint for my life, and that I need not fear the unknown. Thank You for calling me to follow You and Your direction in my life. I ask You to make clear the next step that I should take, and I will take it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Dec 2022 07:48 - 26 Dec 2022 07:50 #2926 by DrMike
When You Don’t Understand

Today's Scripture

It is God’s privilege to conceal things… Proverbs 25:2, NLT

One night the teenage son of a good friend of mine was killed in a car accident. You can imagine how devastated and heartbroken they were. Many couples would get angry and let the tragedy sour the rest of their lives. They went through a dark time, but they came through it and explained how: “We made the decision that we weren’t going to exchange what we do know for what we don’t know. We know that God is good, that He’s loving, that He’s for us. We would not let one situation that we don’t understand cancel all that out.”

If you’re always trying to figure out why something happened, you’re going to get frustrated and bitter. If God wants you to know why, He’ll tell you why. But there are some things God doesn’t want us to know yet. If you’re going to trust God, you have to be mature enough to drop it and say, “God, I don’t have to have all the answers. You’re God. Your ways are better than mine.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what I go through, You are good and You love me. I leave the things I don’t understand in Your hands and know that You will reveal or conceal things according to what’s best for me. I trust that Your ways are better than mine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Dec 2022 07:43 #2927 by DrMike
No Pretenders

Today's Scripture

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.” Matthew 5:8, NIV

In the Scripture, the Pharisees went to the temple all the time and did the right religious things outwardly, but they had wrong motives. They went to be seen and to impress people. They prayed long prayers out loud, but only because they wanted everybody to hear them. They gave their money so they would look good. And in the process, they failed to see God right in front of them in Jesus.

Today’s Scripture tells us that our inner life is more important than our outer life. On a regular basis we should ask ourselves, “Why am I doing this? Is it to help this person out of love or to impress them and get something? Am I seeking the promotion to be my best or to prove my importance? Am I volunteering as a service to God or to get other people’s applause? Don’t go year after year as the Pharisees did, giving, serving, doing the right thing but not reaping any reward, because you’re doing it for the wrong reason.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for calling me to have a pure heart and deal openly and honestly with the hidden issues that hold me back. Search my heart and show me where my motives are wrong and where I’m pretending. I want to be real so You can use me for Your highest purposes. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Dec 2022 13:20 #2928 by DrMike
Back from the Dead

Today's Scripture

Then Jacob said to Joseph, “I never thought I would see your face again, but now God has let me see your children, too!” Genesis 48:11, NLT

In the Scripture, Joseph’s brothers sold him into slavery, brought his bloody robe to their father, Jacob, and told him that Joseph had been killed by a wild animal. Jacob was certain Joseph was dead and lived heartbroken year after year. When Jacob was an old man, those same brothers brought him the news that Joseph was still alive and in charge of the nation of Egypt. Jacob was overwhelmed to see not only Joseph again but to meet Joseph’s sons.

God is going to bring things to life that you thought were dead or too far gone. Dreams you’ve given up on—suddenly the right people show up, you get the break you need, the funding all of a sudden comes through. You better get ready. He’s already arranging the breaks you need, moving the wrong people out of the way, lining up the favor and advantages. God knows how to bring it all together, and when He does, it’s going to be bigger, better, and more rewarding than you ever expected.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You will breathe life into the things that seem dead in my life and bring a great coming together. Thank You that You are arranging and aligning everything that I need now. I believe that You will bring it all together, and that it will be much better than I ever expected. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Dec 2022 08:07 #2929 by DrMike
The Palace Is Coming

Today's Scripture

Although Joseph recognized his brothers, they did not recognize him. Then he remembered his dreams about them… Genesis 42:8–9, NIV

Many years after being sold into slavery by his brothers and held in an Egyptian prison, Joseph was put in charge over all the affairs of Egypt. When his brothers showed up at the palace looking to purchase food during the famine, you would think Joseph would be bitter and vindictive. But it says he remembered the dreams of promise God had shown him about them as a young man—not the betrayal, the hurts, the injustices. God had used all the difficulties to get him to where he was supposed to be.

When God gives you a dream, when He puts a promise in your heart, it doesn’t mean it’s going to come to pass without opposition, delays, and adversities. There will be things you don’t understand. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to get discouraged. In the tough times you have to remember your dreams and visions. God is in control. He’s directing your steps. Stay in faith and keep a good attitude. Let God fight your battles. The palace is coming.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my hope and trust are in You. Even when I don’t understand my circumstances, I know that You are working things out for my good and to fulfill my dreams. I lift my eyes to You and declare that You are directing my steps on the way to the palace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Dec 2022 08:47 #2930 by DrMike
Where to Put Your Trust

Today's Scripture

Woe to those who run to Egypt for help, trusting their mighty cavalry and chariots instead of looking to the Holy One of Israel and consulting him. Isaiah 31:1, TLB

It’s interesting that with all of today’s incredible technology and amazing medical advancements and procedures that one virus, such a seemingly small thing, shut down the whole world in 2020. It reminds us of just how little control we have over our world. If we put our trust in our finances, they can go down overnight. If we put our trust in our job or our career, it can suddenly change for any number of reasons. That’s why it’s so important to put your trust in God. He’s the One who doesn’t change. He’s the Source of our strength, ideas, creativity, resources, and wisdom. God is the giver of all good things. Yes, we appreciate the companies we work for and the income each week, but they are not our source. They are simply a resource that the Source is using.

God is looking for people whose hearts are turned toward Him. Make sure that you keep Him first place. You don’t have to seek the blessings; just seek Him and the blessings will seek you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are constantly working, constantly showing me Your goodness with every good gift that comes into my life. Thank You that You are my Source. I will keep You first place and live today with an attitude of thankfulness and gratefulness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.907 seconds