Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

31 Jan 2023 06:46 #2951 by DrMike
Special Strength

Today's Scripture

That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10, NLT

We all have times in life when we get weary and don’t feel like we can go on. We’ve prayed, and we’ve believed, but nothing has changed. Now the weight of what we’re facing has left us exhausted. The good news is that God doesn’t expect you to be strong all the time. He doesn’t fault you for feeling weak and say, “What’s wrong with you? Where’s your faith?”

Today’s Scripture makes it clear that when you feel overwhelmed and weak, Christ comes in with power and gives you special strength. Strength that you didn’t get on your own. Strength to move forward when you should be stuck, strength to overcome the addiction, strength to outlast the opposition. It’s the hand of God lifting you, empowering you, reenergizing you, causing you to run and not be weary, to walk and not faint. There’s going to be a strength that’s not natural, but supernatural. You’re going to have a new passion to stand strong, to try again, to step up to a new level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can take pleasure in the weaknesses that I sometimes feel, knowing that You come with power to give me special strength. Thank You for the reminders to always be asking for Your help. I believe that You are supplying me with all I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2023 07:02 #2952 by DrMike
Foreshadowing

Today's Scripture

Then Pharaoh took his signet ring from his finger and put it on Joseph’s finger. He dressed him in robes of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck.Genesis 41:42, NIV

When Joseph was a teenager, his father gave him a special robe of many colors that represented favor, but his jealous brothers bloodied that robe and sold Joseph into slavery in Egypt. For thirteen years he was a slave and then a prisoner. I can imagine that he desperately wanted his robe back, wanted his old life back, but that would have kept him from God’s purpose of putting on a robe of great honor, influence, and authority as prime minister of Egypt. The colorful robe simply foreshadowed what God was about to do.

Don’t spend your life wishing you could go back to when you knew you were favored—before the setback, before the health issue, before the layoff. Here’s the key: Not having the robe of many colors doesn’t mean that you don’t have favor; it means greater favor is coming. You had to lose that robe to step into the awesome future God has in store. You haven’t seen, heard, or imagined the greater things God is about to do.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there’s nothing You can’t do, and there’s not a mountain You can’t move to get me to where You want me to be. Thank You that You are my way maker, my promise keeper, my miracle worker. I believe that I have Your favor and am about to step into an awesome future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

02 Feb 2023 08:10 #2953 by DrMike
Watch Your Tongue

Today's Scripture

Does anyone want to live a life that is long and prosperous? Then keep your tongue from evil and your lips from telling lies. Psalm 34:12–13, NLT

In today’s Scripture, we think it only means that we should never lie to other people. But it also means to not tell lies about yourself. Don’t go around saying things that contradict what God says about you. “I’m just average. I’m not good enough. I’ll never do anything great.” That’s telling lies. God didn’t create anyone average. When He breathed life into you, He put greatness inside. You have to watch your tongue if you want to see this long, prosperous, amazing life that He’s destined for you. Be careful what you say about yourself. You can’t put yourself down and rise up to who you were created to be.

No more speaking defeat, talking about how you can’t get well, can’t break the addiction, can’t start your business. Get in agreement with God. All through the day, bless yourself by saying, “I am strong. I am talented. I am healthy. I am well able.” Speak life, speak favor, speak victory, and watch God show out in your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for creating me in Your image and breathing life and greatness into me. Thank You that my words have the power to bless my life and lift me to become what You’ve created me to be. I will watch my words and be disciplined to speak what You say about me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Feb 2023 07:39 #2954 by DrMike
What Is Prayer?

Today's Scripture

And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Romans 8:15–16, NIV

When we pray, something supernatural occurs. Prayer is the most powerful posture we can take in this earthly realm. When we pray, we connect the strongest part of ourselves with the strongest force in the universe—the Spirit of God. When we open ourselves to Him, God’s Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are His children. Prayer, then, is simply talking to our Father. When you come to God with a childlike heart, there’s no right or wrong way to pray. The important part is that you do it. Rather than think you need to commit to an hour of prayer a day, start with, “Every day I’m going to pray five minutes,” then add on to it.

Remember, prayer is a privilege. Without Jesus, we wouldn’t be able to come directly to God. We wouldn’t be able to make our requests known to Him. We wouldn’t be able to know peace that passes understanding. Make prayer a priority. Put Him first and draw strength from the wonderful privilege we have in Him.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can come into Your presence right now because Jesus has made a way for me. Thank You for the privilege of spending time with You and being able to freely ask You for the things You have put on my heart. Speak to my spirit and show me the path for my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Feb 2023 07:35 #2955 by DrMike
Be the Bigger Person

Today's Scripture

“Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road, has sent me so that you might regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Acts 9:17, NLT

Saul was the biggest enemy of the early church. He went around having believers arrested and put in jail. Yet when Saul was at the point of his deepest need, God sent a Christian named Ananias to pray for Saul and speak to his need. In praying for Saul, Ananias did good to someone who had done great harm to his fellow believers. Saul went on to become the apostle Paul, who wrote nearly half the books of the New Testament.

You may have people like Saul in your life who have been against you for years. They may not be that menacing or vocal, but they’re condescending toward you and treat you as though you’re less-than. Will you be good to that Saul in your life even though he hasn’t treated you right? Will you show her favor when she needs what you have? Be the bigger person and bless those who have cursed you. In their time of need, don’t withhold your help. Don’t worry. God is your vindicator.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter how badly I am treated at times, You are always my vindicator. Thank You that You love the Sauls who are in my life, and You are working in their lives as well as mine. I will be the bigger person and show them favor and bless them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Feb 2023 15:39 #2956 by DrMike
The Moment You Prayed

Today's Scripture

“As soon as you began to pray, a word went out, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed.” Daniel 9:23, NIV

In life we’re always waiting for something—waiting for a dream to come to pass, waiting to meet the right person, waiting for a problem to turn around. Maybe you have been praying about a situation for a long time and don’t see anything happening. You could easily be discouraged. But you have to realize that the moment you prayed, God established a set time to bring the promise to pass for your healing, your promotion, and your breakthrough. It may be tomorrow, or next week, or five years from now.

God promises that there are set times in our future, but He doesn’t tell us when they will be. When you understand that the time has already been set, it takes all the pressure off. You won’t live worried, wondering when this is ever going to happen. You’ll relax and enjoy your life, knowing that the promise has already been scheduled by the Creator of the universe. Are you willing to wait with a good attitude, knowing that it’s on the way?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have established set times to bring Your promises to pass in my life. Give me the grace to accept Your timing and wait patiently, knowing that You’ve already scheduled things in for me. I believe that my times are in Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Feb 2023 06:55 #2957 by DrMike
Rapid Turnarounds

Today's Scripture

“I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly.” Luke 18:8, NASB

In Luke 18, Jesus told a story about an unfair judge who didn’t care about people. He tried to ignore a widow who asked him to do something about a person who had done her wrong, but she kept coming to him day after day. Finally, the judge said, “I’m going to give you justice, not because I care, but because you’re wearing me out with your constant requests.” Jesus said that if this unjust judge will take action because the widow kept asking, God will assuredly grant justice quickly to those who ask Him.

When you’re in a difficult time, keep reminding God and thanking Him that He promised to give you justice quickly. Keep thanking Him that He’s fighting your battles. It’s going to happen faster than it looks. God will rush to your defense. He will come to you in haste. It may not have happened yet, but you need to know that God is in a hurry to help you. You’re going to see a quick turnaround.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are a God of justice, and that You have promised to give me justice quickly. Thank You that I can remind You of my unfair situations and know that You are in a hurry to help me. I believe that things are about to turn around and the answer is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Feb 2023 06:51 #2958 by DrMike
The Great I AM

Today's Scripture

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:14, NKJV

When Moses was sent to Pharaoh to free the people from slavery, God told Moses to tell them that “I AM” had sent him. Later, when the people of Israel were trapped in a dead end at the Red Sea with Pharaoh’s army in pursuit, it’s easy to imagine Moses saying, “God, we have no options. There’s no door.” God said, “Moses, I am the door,” and as Moses held up his rod, the water suddenly parted.

God is the way. He can create what you need. That’s why He’s called the “I AM.” He was saying, “I am whatever you need. I am a door. I am a key. I am a way out, a way in, and a way through.” You may be in a situation where you don’t see a way out. You may feel that you’ve been at a dead end in your health, your finances, or your career for a long time. Get ready. God is going to make ways where you don’t see a way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my great I AM. When I face problems that seem overwhelming, help me learn to hold my peace and remain at rest in who You are. I believe that You will create whatever I need and get me to where I’m supposed to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Feb 2023 06:58 #2959 by DrMike
Bountiful

Today's Scripture

You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance. Psalm 65:11, NLT

The overflow that God promises in Psalm 65 is not just to accomplish dreams, and not just to go further, but you’re going to see overflow in the hard places of your life. Maybe you’re taking treatment for an illness, or raising a special needs child, or in a difficult workplace. That’s not going to defeat you. You’re going to overflow with strength, overflow with wisdom, overflow with health, overflow with favor. Perhaps you’re struggling with depression, fear, anxiety, and worry. That is not your destiny. You’re about to overflow with joy, overflow with peace, overflow with victory. You might have had a setback in your finances, and you don’t see how you can get ahead. You’re about to overflow with favor, overflow with good breaks, overflow with opportunity.

In the difficult times, God has promised that you’re going to overflow with abundance. You’re not going to lack anything you need. There’s going to be plenty of strength, plenty of healing, plenty of peace, plenty of grace.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your goodness crowns Your plan for my life. Thank You for the promise that You even have overflow in the hard places and difficult times I experience. I believe that I am not going to lack anything I need to fulfill Your purpose. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Feb 2023 08:24 #2960 by DrMike
No Storm Too Strong

Today's Scripture

Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. Mark 4:39, NKJV

In Mark 5, Jesus cast an impure spirit out of a deranged man who had been living among the tombs and cutting himself with stones. People had given up on him; he was beyond their helping or controlling, but God hadn’t given up on him. Afterward, it says, “The people saw the man sitting, fully clothed and in his right mind.” What’s interesting is that on the previous night when Jesus was on the boat and headed toward that man, the huge storm that arose wasn’t just a random act of nature. It was the enemy trying to stop Jesus. This man still had greatness in him, and Jesus was determined to restore him.

Remember that the storms the enemy sends to stop your future can’t withstand God’s rebuke and “Peace, be still!” The storm around you may be darker than ever, but there’s no storm so strong that He can’t calm. God is fighting for you, pushing through forces of darkness, calming the storms, and crossing lakes just to get to you, so you will fulfill your destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for rebuking the storms that are sent to stop my future and for coming to me when I couldn’t come to You. Thank You for freeing and delivering me from what I could not free myself from. I believe that You never stop crossing lakes for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds