Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

19 Jul 2019 05:02 #2181 by DrMike
The Gracious Hand of God

Today’s Scripture

For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, nor did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them." (Psalm 44:3, NKJV)

Have you ever thought about the fact that the victories you saw in your past weren’t just your own doing? When you made it through a difficult time, when you received an unexpected break, when things turned around for no reason, it was because God favored you. You wouldn’t be where you are if the gracious hand of God was not on your life!

Now you may not have as much education as somebody else. But that’s okay. You have an advantage. You have this favor factor. Maybe you don’t come from the most influential family. That’s all right. God’s favor can take you where you cannot go on your own. Deep down you have to know there is something about you that is indefinable. It can’t be measured, can’t be put on paper, and can’t be explained. Other people won’t be able to figure it out. All they know is that you have it. There is something about you they like, something that causes you to succeed. That’s the gracious hand of God.

Today, let this truth sink down deeply into your heart. Don’t be discouraged by what you can see; be encouraged by what you can’t see! Put your shoulders back and go out with faith and confidence knowing that His gracious hand is upon you!

A Prayer for Today

"For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, nor did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2019 11:16 #2182 by DrMike
Open the Door to Blessing

Today’s Scripture

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before..." (Philippians 3:13, KJV)

We all go through disappointments, setbacks and things that we don’t understand. Maybe you prayed for a loved one, but they didn’t get well. Or maybe you worked hard for a promotion, but you didn’t get it. You stood in faith for a relationship, but it didn’t work out. One of the best things you can do is release it. Let it go. Don’t dwell on it anymore. If you go around wondering why things didn’t work out, all that’s going to do is lead to bitterness, resentment and self-pity. Before long, you’ll be blaming others, blaming yourself or even blaming God. You may not have understood what happened. It may not have been fair. But when you release it, it’s an act of your faith. You’re saying, “God, I trust You. I know You’re in control. And even though it didn’t work out my way, You said, ‘All things are going to work together for my good.’ So I believe You still have something good in my future.”

There is power in letting go of the past and the frustration of trying to figure everything out. When you release your questions, you are saying, “God, You are in control. I trust You.” And when you put your hope in God, that’s when He can heal your heart and lead you forward into His path of blessing.

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, I come to you in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Help me to forgive and release the past. Heal my heart and restore my soul. Show me the good plan You have for my future as I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

23 Jul 2019 03:18 #2183 by DrMike
Where Strength and Joy are Found

Today’s Scripture

Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence; strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary." (1 Chronicles 16:27, AMPC)

Do you need more strength and joy in your life? The Scripture tells us that in God’s presence there is fullness of joy, fullness of peace, fullness of victory—the most abundant and complete! That’s where you’re refreshed and restored. And when you have His joy, you have His supernatural strength. There’s nothing that can come against you when you are filled with the strength and joy of the Lord. Notice this verse says that strength and joy are found in His sanctuary. One translation says they are found “where He is.” And do you know “where He is?” His Spirit is alive in every believer, and in His Word, He promises that He inhabits, or manifests, in the praises of His people.

That means when you begin to praise and worship God, either corporately in a church setting or privately in your personal time, God is there. You are in His sanctuary. Anytime you feel depleted or overwhelmed, just begin to sing a song of praise to Him. Declare His goodness and faithfulness. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. He’ll fill you with His joy and strength so that you can live as an overcomer all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I bless You today. I thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for filling me with Your strength and joy. I praise and worship You today in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

24 Jul 2019 03:25 #2184 by DrMike
He Prepares Your Path

Today’s Scripture

I will go before you and make the crooked places straight…" (Isaiah 45:2, NKJ)

Are you going through a season where you feel like every time you try to move forward, you hit a roadblock? Something happens that throws you off course. Be encouraged today because when you submit your life to the Lord, He promises to go before you. He is preparing a way for you. He is making your crooked places straight and your rough places smooth. You may be going through a difficult time right now, but it’s not the end. It’s only the beginning, and God has equipped you for this journey. Today, if you feel like you’re in a dry season, don’t look at your circumstances.

Look at the promise of God! If you’ll keep speaking words of faith, God promises that He’ll anoint your head with oil and your cup will run over. That means you’ll be refreshed and anointed to do what He’s called you to do. God is preparing your path and equipping you for the journey. What do you need in order to keep moving forward? Start by checking your attitude. Don’t go around complaining or focused on the negative side of things. Put on an attitude of praise and thanksgiving. Thank Him for making your crooked places straight! Keep your eyes on Him and follow Him forward into the path of victory!

A Prayer for Today

"Lord in heaven, thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank you for preparing the path for my life and making my crooked places straight. Thank You for restoring my soul and life and guiding me in everything I do. I submit every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

26 Jul 2019 03:22 #2185 by DrMike
Don’t Confuse Your “Do” With Your “Who”

Today’s Scripture

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well." (Psalm 139:14, NKJ)

Have you ever noticed that when you ask someone “Who are you?” a lot of times they’ll say, “I’m a salesman.” “I’m a minister.” “I’m a coach.” “I’m a teacher.” Many people find their identity in what they do. The problem with this kind of thinking is that people identify themselves with their negative habits and strongholds, too. I hear people say, “I’m an alcoholic; I just can’t beat it.” No, that’s not who you are, that’s what you do. But if you keep thinking that way and talking that way, it will become so ingrained on the inside that you’ll convince yourself that it’s true, and it will keep you from rising higher. One time somebody told me, “Joel, I’m a drug dealer.” He was embarrassed by it. He didn’t want to live that way. I told him what I’m telling you, “That’s not who you are.

If you’ve accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then who you are is a child of the Most High God. It’s time to start acting like it because you have a destiny to fulfill.” As a believer, you are the righteousness of God in Christ! You are the head and not the tail! You are an overcomer! Today, embrace who you are in Christ and don’t ever let your performance change your identity.

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for who You are and for who You’ve made me. I declare today that I am the righteousness of God in Christ. Help me to keep my identity in You and glorify You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

29 Jul 2019 03:20 #2186 by DrMike
Win Them By Your Actions

Today’s Scripture

…your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over."(1 Peter 3:1, NLT)

Oftentimes we try to “win” people over by telling them all about what we know or explain how they should act. We may have good intentions and really want to help people, but in reality, it’s our life of excellence and integrity that speaks to the hearts of others. In this particular Scripture, Peter is writing to women who received salvation after they were married and whose husbands were not yet believers, but the principle applies to every believer.

The first thing people should notice about us is our love, patience, kindness, gentleness, strength and joy. People are going to know that we’re believers when we’re helping other people, meeting needs, and blessing people with our words and actions. We were created to make a difference in the lives of others through our love for them. True love is seen in our actions—giving our time, our money, an encouraging word. When you show love, you are showing God to the world.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word which is alive and powerful! I set my mind on Your promises and choose to declare what You say about me. Thank You for Your faithfulness as I move forward in the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

31 Jul 2019 07:09 #2187 by DrMike
Find Where It's Written

Today’s Scripture

Jesus answered, "It is written…" (Matthew 4:4, NIV)

Anytime you are facing adversity or trials, the first line of defense needs to be in your mind. If you allow fear to come in and take root in your thinking, it becomes a stronghold that affects every part of you. But when thoughts of fear come, you don’t have to “sign for the package,” so to speak. Instead of activating fear by meditating on it, believing it and speaking it, you can turn things around and activate faith. How do you activate faith? Hebrews tells us that the Word of God is living and active, sharper than a double-edged sword, and able to divide soul and spirit. When the enemy tried to tempt Jesus, He gave us the example of how to respond.

He said, “It is written!” Instead of going through the day worried, thinking about how it’s not going to work out, start meditating on what God says. Activate faith by speaking the Word of God. Let it sink down inside of you and transform your being. Always remember, His Word is alive, His Word is truth, His Word is your weapon. So take hold of His promises and find where it is written!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word which lights my path and transforms my life. I choose today to turn my thoughts toward You. I choose today to meditate on Your Word and Your promises so that I can be empowered to live in the victory You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

01 Aug 2019 06:13 #2188 by DrMike
Seeing His Glory

Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory." (Exodus 33:18, NIV)

Moses was talking to God and said, “God, show me Your glory.” God responded by saying, in effect, “Okay, Moses. I’ll show it to you, but you can’t see My face. The way you’ll know that I’ve been here is that you will see My goodness.” Whenever something good happens, large or small, God is saying, “That’s a sign of My presence.” If you’re seeing goodness in your life, you’re seeing God. You’re seeing a sign of His presence. I’m convinced that we see God at work all day long, but many times we don’t recognize it.

Today, be on the lookout for God’s goodness. Thank Him and praise Him for the little things as well as the big things. As you acknowledge His goodness, you’ll see Him more clearly and know His love in ways you never have before.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Show me Your glory; show me Your love. Help me to see You and know You more every day in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

02 Aug 2019 06:04 #2189 by DrMike
Believe and Declare

Today’s Scripture

It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak." (2 Corinthians 4:13, NIV)

I know a man who was believing to pay his house off. It was a standard thirty-year mortgage, and he had twenty-three years left. In the natural, there was no way he could do it. But he was bold enough to say, “Father, thank You that You are Jehovah Jireh; the Lord my provider. I know that my job is not my source. You are my source. It may look impossible, but I know You can do the impossible.” Several years later, he received an inheritance from a family member whom he had never met before. He didn’t even know they were related. He was able to not only pay his house off, but he paid a friend’s house off as well. What was that? Explosive blessings Friend, when you believe God, you position yourself for a miracle.

When you obey His commands, you set yourself under the open windows of heaven. When you declare His Word, you activate His power. Keep standing, keep believing, keep speaking and see the victory and blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word which is alive and powerful! I set my mind on Your promises and choose to declare what You say about me. Thank You for Your faithfulness as I move forward in the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

05 Aug 2019 03:45 #2190 by DrMike
All Things Are Possible

Today’s Scripture

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26, NIV)

Are you facing something today that seems impossible? With man it may be, but with God, ALL things are possible. If you seem to be in an impossible situation, get “with God!” Sometimes it’s so easy to focus on our problems and try to solve them in our own strength. But remember, the battle belongs to the Lord. He has a plan for your victory. He has a plan to give you a way out. He is making the things that seem impossible, possible. You can trust Him today.

The Bible says that He has plans for your good, not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Start believing and confessing today, “I am with God, and with God all things are possible!” Are your bills piling up? With God, all things are possible. Do your relationships need healing? With God, all things are possible. Is there sickness in your body? With God, all things are possible! As you meditate on God’s Word, His power is activated in your life. He will strengthen you and lead you forward into that place of victory He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for making a way where there seems to be no way. I choose to trust You, and I believe that all things are possible! Show me Your power today. Work through me to encourage those around me to trust You more in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.897 seconds