Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 May 2019 07:49 #2141 by DrMike
Work Out Your Salvation

Today’s Scripture

"…work out your own salvation…" (Philippians 2:12, NKJV)

When you make Jesus the Lord of your life, some things will change in you immediately, and other things will be worked out over time. You may have addictions or sickness that you are instantly freed from, but yet, you may have wrong attitudes or other areas that are still in the process of changing. That’s because God is doing both a work in you and a work with you. He reveals His power to us and then gives us the opportunity to work with Him in the process of restoring and renewing our lives.

You work out your salvation by obeying His Word and surrendering every area of your life to Him. You are working out your salvation when you choose to do the right thing, even when it’s difficult. You are working out your salvation when you stand strong and resist temptation. Remember, God is the one at work in you to give you the power to work out your salvation. He’s empowered you to overcome every obstacle! Keep dealing with the issues He brings up and keep a good attitude, fighting through until you win the victory!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for the work You are doing in my life. I choose to work with You so that I can live the life of victory You have prepared. Help me to be an example of Your love and faithfulness. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2019 03:08 #2142 by DrMike
Encourage Yourself

Today’s Scripture

"David was greatly distressed, for the men spoke of stoning him…But David encouraged and strengthened himself in the Lord his God." (1 Samuel 30:6, AMPC)

It’s good to have friends and family around to cheer you up when you’re down, but in order to truly live in victory, that encouragement has to come from the inside. When your mind is telling you it’s not worth it, when your circumstances seem difficult, deep down inside, your spirit has to have the resolve that says, “I refuse to settle where I am.” That’s what David had to do. He was facing the worst defeat of his life. His city was destroyed, their families and possessions had been taken captive, and his own men were now against him, but he still managed to encourage himself in the Lord. How did he do that? He replayed in his mind the victories from the past.

He recounted God’s faithfulness. As he rehearsed over and over the goodness of God, strength began to rise in his heart. There are so many places you can see the hand of God at work. Thank Him for saving you today. Thank Him for the miracle of life. Thank Him for His faithfulness. Focus on the fact that God didn’t bring you this far to leave you now. Stir up that inner strength and encouragement. As you do, you’ll rise higher and higher and live the life of victory the Lord has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness today. I choose to focus on You and the good things You have prepared for my future. I thank You for making a way out of no way, and I will bless You always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

27 May 2019 07:10 #2143 by DrMike
Put It Into Action

Today’s Scripture

"Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about His mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains." (Colossians 4:3, NLT)

Paul was writing these words while he was in chains in prison. He was arrested for preaching the gospel. Everything in his surroundings shouted “limitations,” but instead of looking at his surroundings, Paul kept his eyes on the limitless God. He kept looking for the open door of opportunity that God would have for him next. Since he couldn’t go out and speak publicly, Paul thought, "No problem. I’ll start writing." He wrote book after book, almost half of the books of the New Testament, much of it from a prison cell.

They thought they were stopping him, but they were doing just the opposite, causing his voice to become amplified. Here we are some 2,000 years later, and we still feel Paul’s influence. When doors look closed all around you, when your surroundings look limited, when you feel like you’re in chains, remember, God is still at work in your life. Keep expecting. Keep believing. Pray for opportunities to be opened to you. The prayer of the righteous avails much, so keep praying because He promises to break the chains and open doors of opportunity in your life.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I choose to take my eyes off my surroundings and focus on You. I choose to focus on the passion and dream You’ve planted in my heart. I trust that You are working behind the scenes, opening doors of opportunity. In Jesus’ Name. Amen"

28 May 2019 03:06 #2144 by DrMike
Peace, Be Still

Today’s Scripture

"Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace, be still!' And the wind ceased and there was a great calm." (Mark 4:39, NKJV)

What do you do when the storms of life seem to be raging against you? One time Jesus was with His disciples in a boat out on the water when they encountered a great storm. The disciples were very afraid, but Jesus on the otherhand, was fast asleep. When the disciples woke Him up to see if He could help them, Jesus got up and simply spoke to the storm, “Peace, be still!” And the seas were calm again. When difficult times come, you don’t have to be overwhelmed by the waves of worry or fear. Just as Jesus stood up and spoke to the storm, you have power in your words, too.

The Bible tells us that the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you. That means God’s miracle-working power is on the inside of you. He’s given you His authority to speak peace over your home, over your mind, and over your family. Remember, no matter what storms may come against you, the Creator of the universe lives on the inside of you, and He’ll empower you to live in victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit and for giving me Your authority here on the earth. Today I declare peace over every area of my life and thank You for working things out for my good. In Jesus’ Name."

29 May 2019 03:17 #2145 by DrMike
The Way To Get Ahead

Today’s Scripture

"Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry and scurry puts you further behind." (Proverbs 21:5, MSG)

It’s amazing how taking a few minutes at the start of each day to plan and set your thoughts in the right direction can help you get ahead and empower you to accomplish so much more. But too often, people get so caught up in the activity of life that they tend to just “go with the flow” instead. I’m not saying we shouldn’t be flexible, but when it comes to your life, you should be the one setting the flow. Of course, unexpected things happen. Our days won’t always go according to plan, but if you’ll take time each day to set your heart and mind in the right direction, you’ll be equipped for whatever comes your way!

Today, I encourage you to make plans to start your day right and set your thoughts in the right direction. Say something such as "This is going to be a great day. God is guiding and directing my steps. His favor is surrounding me." Put God first place. Let Him guide you and order your steps. Even if it’s just five minutes a day, make spending time with Him a habit. Plan your day with Him because careful planning is the way to get ahead.

A Prayer for Today

"God, my plate is full. I spend much of my time running, serving, doing. Remind me that it is OK to slow down and enjoy a quiet moment with You. Refresh my spirit and help me to live a balanced life with You at the top of my To-Do list. In Jesus' name - Amen."

30 May 2019 07:14 #2146 by DrMike
Embrace Your Season

Today’s Scripture

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven." (Ecclesiastes 3:1, NLT)

God has ordained seasons and cycles in our lives. Sometimes, when our dreams aren’t coming to pass on our timetable, we can be tempted to get frustrated. But we have to be careful not to allow our attitude to keep us from moving forward. Understand that in God’s kingdom, every season is not harvest. Every season is not springtime, with beautiful flowers, gorgeous sunshine and cool breezes. There are plowing seasons, planting seasons and watering seasons.

Sure, we would love for every season to be a time of increase, but without the other seasons, we wouldn’t be prepared for promotion. You have to choose to rejoice today. God has given you not only the grace to endure this season but to enjoy the season. When you’re content, you see each day as a gift, appreciate the people in your lives, and are grateful for what God has given you. That is not only developing your character, but you’re passing the test. You will come out of winter and into your springtime.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness in all seasons of my life. I trust that my time is coming, and I choose to remain faithful. I submit my ways to You today and trust that You have the best plan for my life. I love You and praise Your Name today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

31 May 2019 03:00 #2147 by DrMike
His Name is the Key

Today’s Scripture

"But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:11, NLT)

Something supernatural happens on the inside of you when you call on the name of the Lord. First of all, the Bible tells us that God actually makes His home in your heart by the Holy Spirit. Not only that, but when you call on His name, you are calling on everything He represents—life, peace, strength, hope, joy, healing, deliverance, forgiveness and so much more! It’s like receiving the key to a mansion filled with treasures—and it’s all yours! You can see that key in your hand; you can tell other people about it; you can know that you have access anytime you want, but you still have to take a step and use the key to open the door before you can partake of the blessings inside. And you probably wouldn’t just peak in the door or visit once a week; no, move right in! Make the decision today to move into God’s abundant blessings by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus. Call on His name and move right in to His provision, His joy, His peace, His love. You have the key, so receive the abundant life He has prepared for you today!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for cleansing me and making me new by Your Spirit. Thank You for giving me access to Your wonderful blessings through Your Son, Jesus. I bless You and praise You today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

03 Jun 2019 03:27 #2148 by DrMike
A Light for Your Path

Today’s Scripture

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." (Psalm 119:105, ESV)

When we type an address into our navigation system, “Route Overview” gives us the details of our trip—where we’re going, how long it’s going to take, and every turn to make. We can relax, knowing all the details. God has a route overview for your life. He knows your final destination and the best way to get you there. But God doesn’t show you the details. The Scripture says His Word is a lamp to our feet. A lamp implies you have enough light to see the path in front of you. He’s not giving you the light that shows your life road for the next fifty years. He leads you one step at a time. If you trust Him and take that step into the unknown, not knowing how it’s going to work out, He’ll show you another step. Step-by-step, He’ll lead you into your destiny.

Our question is, will you be bold and take the next step that God gives you with the light you have? The unknown is where miracles happen, where you discover abilities you never knew you had, and where you’ll accomplish more than you ever dreamed. If you have the courage to do what you know He’s asking you to do, He has the provision, the favor, and all that you need to go to the next level.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I invite You to direct my steps by the light of Your Word. Fill me with Your peace and confidence as You show me the good plan You have in store. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

04 Jun 2019 03:17 #2149 by DrMike
Give Generously

Today’s Scripture

"...the righteous give generously." (Psalm 37:21, NIV)

Did you know that when you give to others in need, the Bible says it’s like giving directly to God Himself? When you step out and bless other people, you are honoring and blessing the Lord. The Scripture tells us to give our best, to give generously. In other words, stretch yourself. Go out of your way. It may be uncomfortable to walk over and pay for someone’s gas, but that’s being generous.

I encourage you today, look for ways to give generously and meet the needs of others. You can’t help everyone, but you can help someone. You can be the answer to someone’s prayers. Remember, people have many different types of needs. There may be someone who needs some encouragement. Give generously when you give that encouragement. There may be someone in your life that just needs a friend; they need some quality time. Give generously of your time and pour into that person. As you give generously to others, God will multiply those seeds in your own life in return!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I am releasing every negative thing that has happened to me. I’m forgiving every person who has hurt me. I’m forgiving myself for mistakes I’ve made and releasing every disappointment so that I can live in Your peace and victory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

05 Jun 2019 10:11 #2150 by DrMike
Press Towards The Promise

Today’s Scripture

"...imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised." (Hebrews 6:12, NIV)

Are you facing a challenge today that seems overwhelming? Through faith and patience, you will see God’s promises come to pass in your life. Understand that the enemy always fights the hardest when he knows you are closest to your breakthrough. He’d leave you alone if he thought you were going to live in mediocrity. If you keep pressing on toward your promise, through faith and patience, you will get there. Don’t be like the Israelites in the Old Testament who were right next to the Promised Land when they talked themselves out of it.

They said, “There are giants in the land. It’s too difficult.” No, don’t look at the obstacles in your life today; lift up your eyes because you serve Almighty God. Follow the example of Caleb who kept his focus on God and said, “Moses, we are well able to defeat these people. Let us go up at once and take the land!" Stand in faith and keep believing because God will take you places that you never dreamed. As you press toward the promise, you will see God’s hand of blessing in your life and He will lead you into your promised land!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I come to You today choosing to believe Your promises. I lift up my eyes to You, ready to receive Your strength. Fill me with Your faith and patience as I press toward Your promises in Jesus’ name! Amen."

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds