Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 Jul 2019 06:39 #2171 by DrMike
Failure Is Not Final

Today’s Scripture

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead..." (Philippians 3:13, NIV)

Are you down on yourself today because of past mistakes you’ve made or because you’re not where you want to be in life? God knows every poor choice, every difficulty, every wrong turn you may have made, and He’s already planned your comeback! In Scripture, the prophet Jonah took a detour, so to speak. It took him a little bit longer, but because he called out to God, because he believed, God not only rescued him, but God got him to his final destination.

Friend, know today that failure is not final. God always has the final say. Mistakes don’t have to keep you from your destiny. God’s plan can override every setback. Your world may be in turmoil today in a relationship, in your finances or health. But know this: not only will God rescue you,He will set your feet on a rock and lead you to your final destination in life. Remember, the promise He placed on the inside of you didn’t go away because you had some personal failures. No, that failure is only temporary, but His Word remains forever! Keep hoping, keep believing because He will move you into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for Your hand of victory and blessing that is on my life. Today, I shake off the past, I shake off failure, I shake off poor choices and trust that You are restoring me and leading me into the plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!"

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jul 2019 03:06 #2172 by DrMike
Living With Enthusiasm

Today’s Scripture

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace…" (Isaiah 55:12, NIV)

The word “enthusiasm” comes from the Greek word “entheos.” “Theos” is God. When you’re enthusiastic, it simply means you are full of God. When you get up in the morning excited about your future, recognizing that day is a gift and go out with a spring in your step, pursuing your goals and passionate about life, then God will breathe in your direction. Studies tell us that people who are enthusiastic get better breaks. They’re promoted more often. That’s not a coincidence. When you’re full of passion, you have the favor of God.

Remember, God didn’t breathe His life into us to drag through the day. He didn’t create us in His image, crown us with His favor, and equip us with His power to just go through the motions of life. You may have had some setbacks, the wind may have been taken out of your sail, but this is a new day! God wants to breathe new life back into you. If you’ll get your fire back, get your passion back, the wind will start blowing once again. When you’re in agreement with God, He can cause the winds of favor to shift in your direction!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for another sunrise, another day, another opportunity to praise You and pursue the dreams You’ve given me. Help me to stay filled with Your joy which isstrength so I can serve You with my whole heart in everything that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555
Attachments:

09 Jul 2019 03:23 #2173 by DrMike
God Loves Your Uniqueness!

Today’s Scripture

"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself." (1 Corinthians 4:3, NIV)

Many people are insecure about who they are, so they constantly try to gain the approval of everybody around them so they can feel better about themselves. They end up living to please other people, trying to fit into their molds so they can be accepted. They act one way for their boss, another way for their spouse, and another way for their friends.

If you are going to enjoy your life to the full, you must learn to be confident as the individual God made you to be. You are anointed to be the person God has called you to be! If you are secure in who God made you, you can resist those outside demands and pressures that try to mold you into something you're not. Don't rely on the opinions and approval of others. Don't let them steal your unique creativity. God made each of us with a different purpose. As you continue to grow in your relationship with the Lord, through prayer, worship and fellowship, you will gain confidence in the Lord that will free you from the opinions of man and allow you to be who God called you to be!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I want to live for your approval alone. I need to feel your strength when I feel tempted to change who I am to conform to this world. Please help me to remember that You love me just the way I am! In Jesus' name - Amen."

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.990.9878
Attachments:

10 Jul 2019 07:49 #2174 by DrMike
God Wants You To Go For It!

Today’s Scripture

"...the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force." (Matthew 11:12, ESV)

It's time to be aggressive and energetic when it comes to letting go of the past and pressing forward to the abundant life God has in store. You can’t sit around in self-pity and think about what you lost, who hurt you, and how unfair it was. It's time to develop a warrior mentality and boldly go after your victory! A warrior doesn’t complain about opposition; a warrior loves a good fight. It's time to proactively pursue the happiness, health, and peace that is promised in God's Word. God told Joshua to cross over the Jordan and go in and possess the land. Notice that the word "possess" implies action. It means to drive out the previous tenants. It's time to quit dwelling on past mistakes and failures and determine to never look back! As you set your focus on the Word of God and His promises, you'll discover victory rising in every area of your life—you'll discover the champion in you!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I want to live the victorious life you intended for me. I know I am not perfect, but help me to focus on the future, not my past mistakes, and grant me the courage to pursue the happiness, health, and peace that you promised for me. In Jesus' name - Amen."

Attachments:

11 Jul 2019 06:33 #2175 by DrMike
He Brings Treasures to the Righteous

Today’s Scripture

"A good mans leaves an inheritance [of moral stability and goodness] to his children’s children, and the wealth of the sinner [finds its way eventually] into the hands of the righteous, for whom it was laid up." (Proverbs 13:22, AMPC)

Did you know there are resources and blessings laid up for the righteous? There are funds that will eventually be transferred over into the hands of the people who will use them for God’s purposes. In the Scripture, God is called "the Lord of the Sabbath." That means He is “the God who puts His armor on and goes to war against those who hold His treasure from His purposes.” Just imagine God getting His armor on and going into the forces of darkness and saying, “Okay, I’ll take those funds. I need them for My children. I’ll take these businesses, these ideas, these contracts. They have My children’s names on them.” Friends, God is fighting your battles for you. He has immeasurable favor that He is going to transfer into the hands of the righteous. The key is to make sure you’re in the righteous group. Make sure you are honoring God with your life and keeping your heart pure. Let go of any weights or any sins that are holding you back. As long as you stay in faith and live righteously before Him, God has promised abundance.

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for fighting my battles. Help me to keep my heart pure so that I honor you with my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!"

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

12 Jul 2019 03:20 #2176 by DrMike
When You're in Deep

"They saw the works of the Lord, his wonderful deeds in the deep." (Psalm 107:24, NIV)

The Scripture says, “They that go down to the sea and do business in deep waters. They will see the wonders of God” (Psalm 107). Friend, you and I were created to do business in deep waters. In other words, we’re not supposed to have little dreams or little plans. We are supposed to have big dreams. We are supposed to go out into the deep things God has for us.

But understand, when you’re out there in the deep waters, you can’t touch the bottom. You can’t see the shoreline, and at times, it can get a little rocky. You may not always see how things are going to work out. But the Scripture tells us that deep calls to deep. In other words, God is the One who has called you to the deep waters. He is with you, and He knows there are deep things inside you. Remember, in deep waters, you are not alone. God is with you, and He’s causing those deep things that are inside you to come forth.

If you feel like you are out in the deep today, if you feel overwhelmed, remember, you are in the right place and God is with you. You will see His wonderful deeds in the deep, and you will fulfill the plan He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, I surrender every area of my life to You. I hunger for every single thing You have in store for me. I choose to trust You out in the deep waters knowing that You have good things in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

15 Jul 2019 03:22 #2177 by DrMike
Light in the Darkness

Today’s Scripture

"When darkness overtakes him, light will come bursting in." (Psalm 112:4, TLB)

Everyone goes through night seasons of difficulty or times when things just seem dark. During these challenging times, know that you are not alone. God has a plan to drive out the darkness—He will flood you with His light! Notice that in today’s verse it doesn’t say, “The light will come trickling in.” No, it says that the light will come bursting in! It’s going to happen suddenly, unexpectedly; you won’t see it coming. You woke up, and it was still dark. Nothing had changed, but suddenly you get the break you need, your health turns around, you meet the right person. The light comes bursting in.

If you’ve been going through a night season, get ready for the goodness of God in a new way. Know that His light is about to come bursting in! Get ready for breakthroughs. Get ready for promotion. Get ready for restoration. You may have had that problem for a long, long time, but today could be the day that it turns around. Suddenly, things can change! God wants His glory to be seen on you. He wants you to stand out in the crowd. He wants you to be so blessed that everyone around you can see His goodness on you! So keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping and keep declaring His Word because His light is going to come bursting in!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your light that drives out every trace of darkness! I choose to expect Your goodness. I choose to focus on Your faithfulness. I trust that You are working behind the scenes, and I expect that You will turn things around for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

16 Jul 2019 03:25 #2178 by DrMike
Stay Above Strife

Today’s Scripture

Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out." (Proverbs 17:14, NIV)

Too often, people fall into the trap of strife. Someone says something that rubs you the wrong way, and before you know it, there is tension, quarreling and division. The Scripture tells us that strife opens the door to “every evil work.” It’s the enemy’s greatest trap to keep people from living in victory. But you don’t have to fall into the trap of strife, you can rise above it. Today’s verse says that you can simply drop the matter before it turns into something bigger than it needs to be. You don’t have to sink down to somebody’s level and argue with them and try to prove that you’re right. You weren’t put on this earth to correct everybody around you.

If you are going to be all that God’s called you to be, you have to learn to stay above strife. Instead of letting disagreements pull your relationships apart, look for common ground to draw you closer to the people in your life. Look for peace. Look for ways to be a blessing. Stay above strife so you can enjoy your relationships and experience the blessing He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, I choose to stay above strife. I choose to honor You by seeking peace in my relationships. Empower me to walk in love and be an example of Your light everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

17 Jul 2019 06:33 #2179 by DrMike
The Greatness of His Power

Today’s Scripture

...and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power." (Ephesians 1:19, NKJV)

Paul prayed that we would understand the exceeding greatness of God’s power for those who believe. Notice the power is only activated when we believe. That means right now the Creator of the universe is just waiting to release healing, restoration, favor, promotion and abundance. The only catch is that we have to believe.

I think about Mary, the mother of Christ. When she was a teenager, the angel appeared to her and said, “You’re going to have a child without knowing a man, and He will be the Son of God.” Her first thought was, “That’s impossible. That’s never happened before. That defies the laws of nature.” She said to the angel, “How can this be?” He answered back, “The Spirit of the Lord will come on you and cause it to happen.”

I love the way Mary responded. She didn’t argue with him. She didn’t try to talk herself out of it. She simply said, “Be it unto me even as you have said.” That’s the way we need to be to activate God's power in our lives.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for exceeding greatness of Your power. Help me to see, to know, to recognize Your hand at work in my life. I choose to believe and open the door for You to have Your way in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

18 Jul 2019 07:03 #2180 by DrMike
It Has a Great Reward

Today’s Scripture

Do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward…" (Hebrews 10:35, NASB)

Have you been praying and believing for something that seems like it’s taking a lot longer than you thought? Many times people can miss God’s best simply because they give up before they see their answer come. Don’t let that be you! Be encouraged today; your answer is closer than you think! If it seems as though things are getting more difficult, remember, when the intensity heats up, that means you are closer to your victory. It always seems darkest just before the dawn appears.

Remember, you serve a faithful God, and He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Don’t cast away your confidence today because your reward is coming. And just like a new mother forgets about her labor pain when she is finally holding her newborn, you’ll forget about your struggle when you are holding on to your promise.

While you are waiting, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Wake up every morning and say out loud, “I’ve come too far to give up now. My due season is coming. I will reap my harvest.” Stay in faith and look for His hand of blessing because He has promised you victory, and your reward is coming!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I stand believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to continue believing until I see Your promises fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds