Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 Jun 2019 02:54 #2151 by DrMike
Be Proactive in Sharing God's Love

Today’s Scripture

"Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry and scurry puts you further behind." (Proverbs 21:5, MSG)

Are you kind and considerate to people? Do you walk in love and prefer others above yourself? This passage tells us to be proactive! Notice the word "aim" and "seek." You must be on the lookout to share God's mercy and kindness and be good to all people. Moreover, we need to be kind to people even when they don’t deserve it. We need to walk in love and be courteous even when somebody is unkind to us.

The way you treat others has a great impact on how much of the blessings and favor of God you're going to experience. Aim for kindness and seek to do good. As you do, God will reward your efforts and pour out His abundant blessing on you. As you extend God's mercy to all those around you, you will discover the champion in you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness in my life. I choose to focus on You today no matter what my circumstances may look like. Give me Your peace as I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2019 12:47 #2152 by DrMike
Sweet Fragrance

Today’s Scripture

"For we are the sweet fragrance of Christ [which ascends] to God…" (2 Corinthians 2:15, AMP)

Did you know that your life is a sweet fragrance to God? Think about how a wonderful aroma affects you personally. When it’s springtime and the flowers are blossoming, everything feels new again. The sweet aroma in the air tells you that the flowers are fresh and alive. It catches your attention! It makes you want to take a deep breath of the sweet fragrance.

God feels the same way about you! He loves wonderful aromas, and when you are living your life to please Him, it’s a beautiful fragrance that captures His attention! Just like the aroma in springtime tells you that the flowers are alive, the aroma of your life is a sign that Christ is alive in you. It is pleasing to the Heavenly Father! The next time you experience a fresh fragrance, remember that your life is a fragrance to God. You can rest in knowing that He is pleased with a heart that seeks after Him. As you continue to seek Him, you’ll be that sweet fragrance, and you’ll experience His wonderful hand of blessing in every area of your life.​

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, today I choose to honor You by honoring the people You have placed in my life. Show me how to love others the way You love me so that faith will grow stronger in my heart. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

10 Jun 2019 03:18 #2153 by DrMike
Even Brighter

Today’s Scripture

"The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day." (Proverbs 4:18, NLT)

Are you facing a situation that seems dark today? God promises that your path will shine brighter and brighter as you seek His truth and righteousness in every situation. What is righteousness? Righteousness means to be in "right standing" with God. Being in right standing with God is about submitting your life to Him. It's about obeying His commands and seeking His plan for your life on a daily basis. God wants to be involved in every detail of your life. It pleases Him when you come to Him. It pleases Him when you study your Bible and talk to Him in prayer. And just as the increasing light of the sun helps you see better in the natural, the increasing light of God's Word will guide you in every decision you have to make.

No matter what you may be facing today, take time to ask the Lord to shine His light on your thoughts. Ask Him to confirm His plan for you today. Ask Him to shine the light of His Word in your heart so that you can clearly see the next step to take. As you continue to pursue His truth and righteousness, you will experience more of His blessings and live the life of abundance that He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I know that You have a wonderful plan and purpose for me. I want to be in""right standing"" with You today. Show me your ways and teach me to walk righteously before you. Shine your light in my heart and give me strength and wisdom to pursue the path You have in-store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

11 Jun 2019 03:26 #2154 by DrMike
How to Start the Day

Today’s Scripture

"Let the saints be joyful in glory; let them sing aloud on their beds." (Psalm 149:5, NKJV)

As you woke up this morning, what was the first thing that went through your mind? Did you wake up with a song of praise on your lips? When we start the day in worship, we start the day connected to Almighty God. When we live a lifestyle of praise, it shows that our faith is constantly in Him. We make glorifying God a priority. It’s not secondary, “Oh, if I have time.” No, you’re always talking about God’s goodness. You’re constantly telling your friends how God has blessed you. In your car, you’re singing songs of praise. At the office, under your breath, you’re thanking God for His favor. You get up in the morning and say, “God, I love You today. I praise You today. Thank You for another beautiful day.” Then, when you go to bed at night, you bless Him for His faithfulness!

Friend, when you have the high praises of God coming out of your mouth, the Scripture says Almighty God will go to war against your enemies. Praise precedes the victory, so start the day right and live a lifestyle of praise!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your good and precious promises to me! I choose to receive Your goodness by faith and sing a song of praise to You. I commit the day to You and make praising You a priority. Thank You for working on my behalf in Jesus’ name. Amen."

12 Jun 2019 05:56 #2155 by DrMike
Safety in Numbers

Today’s Scripture

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory." (Proverbs 11:14, NASB)

Are you facing an important decision today? God wants to give you the answer. He wants to direct your steps. Many times, He will speak to us through the people He has placed in our lives. That’s why the Bible says that safety is found in a multitude of counselors.

God designed us to live in families, communities, and congregations. We should always stay open and be willing to take advice. But after you’ve prayed about something and looked at all the options, be bold enough to make a decision that is right for you. If you’re trying to please everybody else by doing things you don’t really want to do, you will be cheating yourself. You can run yourself in circles trying to be something that you’re not, and you’ll run the risk of missing out on God’s best for your own life.

Make sure the people who are giving you advice have earned your respect as a source of wisdom. Then you need to follow your own heart in light of God’s Word and do what you feel is right and good for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Heavenly Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life as wise counsel. Help me understand Your truth so that I can make godly choices. Keep me close to You always and lead me in the way everlasting in Jesus’ name. Amen."

13 Jun 2019 03:26 #2156 by DrMike
Refuse To Worry!

Today’s Scripture

"Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?" (Matthew 6:27, NKJV)

Worrying gives the devil the opportunity to move, just like worship gives God the opportunity to move. Worrying means to play the enemy's lies in your mind over and over again. God promises in Isaiah 26:3 that He will keep us in perfect peace when we keep our minds stayed on Him. Pay attention to what is playing in your mind. When you dwell on negative thoughts, you’re not going to have peace. You have to change what you’re dwelling on. So when the opportunity to worry comes, use it as a reminder to worship the Lord and thank Him for His good and precious promises! Cast all of your cares on the Lord because He cares for you!

A Prayer for Today

"God, I am weary from worrying. Please help me to stop the soundtrack of needless worry that plays over and over again in my head. I want to place my fears and concerns in Your hands and live in peace knowing that You will fulfill all of Your precious promises to me. In Jesus' name - Amen."

14 Jun 2019 03:37 #2157 by DrMike
Nothing Can Hold You Back

Today’s Scripture

"The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree…" (Psalm 92:12, NKJV)

Have you ever seen a palm tree in the midst of a great storm? Unlike most other trees, the palm tree is able to bend so it will not break. A certain kind of palm can bend over until the top is almost touching the ground, but when the wind finally stops, it bounces right back up. What’s interesting is that while that palm tree is bent over under the pressure of the damaging winds, it’s being pushed and stretched, strengthening the root system and giving it new opportunities for growth.

The reason God said we’d flourish like a palm tree isbecause He knew there would be difficult times. He knew things would come against us to try to steal our joy and victory. God said, “You’re going to be like a palm tree because after the storms of life blow, you’re going to be stronger, healthier, wiser, better off, and ready for new growth.” God never brings you out the same. He makes the enemy pay for bringing the times of darkness and trouble. What’s meant for your harm He’s going to use to your advantage. It’s not going to break you; it’s going to strengthen you. You’re not only going to still be standing; you’re going to be standing stronger.

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for making me strong in You. I trust that You are working in my life, even in the midst of the storms. I know You will bring me out stronger, wiser and better off than ever before in Jesus’ name. Amen."

17 Jun 2019 03:35 #2158 by DrMike
Right this Way!

Today’s Scripture

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way." (Psalm 37:23, KJV)

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord! Many people find it difficult to see themselves as “good” in the eyes of God, but did you know that in the original Greek, this word means “strong like a warrior”? In other words, when you stand strong, when you are willing to fight the good fight of faith, you are giving God something to work with. He is ordering your steps. He’s making a way when there seems to be no way. He’s clearing a path for you, and He is delighting in you.

That means He is pleased with your attitude of courage. He is pleased that you are taking a stand for what is right. He is pleased that you are putting Him first place and relying completely on Him. Remember, God loves your passion for Him. He loves it when you come boldly to His throne of grace. He is honored when you stand and fight the good fight of faith. If you are facing difficulty today, know that God wants to lift you up and give you His strength. Receive it by faith today. Dig your heels in knowing that He is ordering your steps; and when God is leading you, He’s always leading you in the path of victory!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for giving me Your supernatural joy and strength. I choose to stand strong in You no matter what is going on around me. I choose Your ways and thank You for ordering my steps. I bless You and praise You for Your goodness and faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen."

18 Jun 2019 03:17 #2159 by DrMike
Remain In Him

Today’s Scripture

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." (John 15:7, NIV)

Inlife we all have ups and downs. There are seasons that are more difficult than others, seasons of testing, trials, and temptation where our character is being developed and our faith in God is being strengthened. Sometimes it can feel like you are taking two steps forward and then three steps backward. But if we’re not careful, we’ll start thinking that life is always going to be this way. Even in the strong seasons, you’ll start looking for things to go wrong.

If you are controlled by your circumstances, if you’reup when things are up and down when things don’t go your way, life is going to be a roller coaster. God’s plan is for you to be stable, consistent, not moved by any of these things. Jesus said, “I am the vine. You are the branches. If you abide in Me, you will bear much fruit and your fruit will remain.” The word “remain” means “to be fixed, immovable, not affected by circumstances.” If you will just keep abiding in Him, just keep meditating on His Word, He’ll bring you through. He’ll make you strong; He’ll keep you stable, and you’ll keep moving forward into the life of blessing He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I set my heart and mind on You knowing that You are good and faithful. I trust that as I seek You and put You first, You will direct my steps. I choose to remain in You and follow Your leading in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

19 Jun 2019 07:14 #2160 by DrMike
Created to Thrive

Today’s Scripture

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10, NIV)

So many people today are living with a survival mentality instead of a thriving mentality. They have a mentality that says, “If I can just make it through…” or “If I can just get by…” Of course, there are some seasons that are more difficult than others. Sometimes it’s challenging to get a vision for the future. But if you are constantly living with a survival mentality, you are missing out on God’s best. Scripture doesn’t say, “Jesus came so you could survive.” No, it says that He came to give you a full, abundant life!

If you are living in survival mode right now, today can be your turning point. If you’ll take a step of faith and begin to declare, “My days of survival are over; my days of thriving have begun,” I believe God will meet your faith. I believe He will open an unexpected door. He’ll pour out His favor and blessing on you. He’ll make a way where there seems to be no way! Even if you’re in a tough time right now, remember that tough times don’t last, but the Word of the Lord stands forever. Begin to declare what God says about your circumstances because you are created for more than to just get by—you are created to thrive!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for giving me abundant life through Jesus Christ. I believe that You have a good plan for my future. I declare that my days of thriving have begun as I continue to put my faith and trust in You alone in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 1.147 seconds