Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

08 Mar 2019 03:14 #2091 by DrMike
Emphasize The Positive

Today’s Scripture

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." (James 1:17, NKJV)

God is the provider of every good and perfect gift. Although you may have some obstacles in your path right now, thank the Lord for the strength He gives you to overcome them. Thank God continually for all of the gifts He showers on you, both big and small. If you wrote down all your blessings, you would fill up every piece of paper that you own, and then some! Instead of focusing on the parts of your life that are not going as planned, choose to focus on the good things that God has put in your life. Remember, God can take what is broken and make it whole again.

A Prayer for Today

"God, help me to keep my focus on the many blessings you shower into my life every day. Thank You for giving me every good and perfect gift! In Jesus' Name - Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2019 03:35 #2092 by DrMike
Beauty For Ashes

Today’s Scripture

"...Give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes..." (Isaiah 61:3, MSG)

Ashes represent what's left over when everything is burned up. These ashes represent your broken dreams, your disappointments, your hurts and your pains. We all have our share of ashes. God wants to give you beauty for ashes, but an exchange must occur. You can't hold on to your ashes and receive something beautiful. You have to lay aside the ashes and accept the bouquets of roses God has for you. If you’re going to see the beauty, you have to shake off the ashes of self-pity. You have to shake off the discouragement. We all have wounds, but He wants you to be the victor, not the victim! Make a decision to let go of the ashes of the past and grasp the "roses" God has for you.

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for promising to sweep away the ashes of my past and give me something beautiful in their place. I choose to give them up to You and receive Your healing and restoration in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

12 Mar 2019 02:44 #2093 by DrMike
Too Busy For Joy

Today’s Scripture

"Then God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it..." (Genesis 1:28, NLT)

Are you missing out on the joys of life because you are too busy? God called you to be fruitful; He never called you to be busy. Don't get activity mixed up with productivity. Just because you are on the go and always doing things doesn't necessarily mean that you're fulfilling God's best plan for your life. All work and no play is not healthy. Ask the Lord to show you which areas need to be cut back and which areas need more focus. Ask Him to show you which relationships to let go of and which relationships to develop in your life. Stop allowing the unproductive areas of your life to consume all of your time, focus, and energy. As you make adjustments to bring balance to your schedule, you will have room for the activities and relationships that bring you joy and peace.

A Prayer for Today

"God, order my steps today. Help me to prioritize and to focus on those things that honor You and fulfill Your plan for my life. There may be relationships, commitments, and activities that I have to let go of; give me the courage to do so. I want to slow down, restore balance, and experience more joy in my life!"

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

13 Mar 2019 06:44 #2094 by DrMike
When Routine Becomes A Rut

Today’s Scripture

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27, NIV)

Do you have a daily routine? The truth is, much of life is routine, and we can become stagnant if we’re not careful. We need to take the time to stop and listen to God's voice. Maybe He's telling you it's time to get some better relationships. Perhaps He has a different career path or job opportunity for you. Maybe the Lord is just encouraging you to develop a positive attitude or healthier habits. Is God asking you to step out of your comfort zone? You can’t stay in the safe zone all of your life and expect to fulfill your highest potential. Be bold and willing to do something out of your usual routine that honors God in a greater way. When you take the initiative and move from your "safe zone" to your "faith zone," that is when God will move on your behalf and begin to do greater things in your life. In Jesus' name - Amen.

A Prayer for Today

"God, it's time for me to be still and listen. As I spend time in prayer and in the Word, speak to me, O Lord. Tell me what I need to hear and give me the courage to make the desires and dreams of my heart come to pass. "

Pastor Don Hicks is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

14 Mar 2019 07:31 #2095 by DrMike
Tap into God's power

Today’s Scripture

"...And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." (Ephesians 3:17–18, NIV)

You may have things in your life that seem dead—a relationship, a business, your health. Jesus would say to you that He has power over death. God's love can bring that relationship back to life that seems dead to you and take it to an entirely new level. Maybe you feel that you have a "dead-end job," or maybe you think your life is going nowhere and you have no purpose. We want to encourage you today! The same power that raised Jesus from the dead can revitalize your career and put you on a path of success. If you start believing again, God is going to resurrect what you thought was dead. You may have tried and failed, but dreams that you’ve given up on are going to suddenly come back to life. Problems that looked permanent are going to suddenly turn around. God has the final say. He hasn’t changed His mind.

A Prayer for Today

"God, today I will be surrounded by Your favor and no weapon formed against me will prosper. You have power over death and I believe that transformative power can bring hope, peace, joy, and fulfillment to my life. In Jesus' Name - Amen."

15 Mar 2019 03:20 #2096 by DrMike
A New Beginning

Today’s Scripture

"...Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun. " (2 Corinthians 5:17, NLT)

When you gave your heart to Christ, you were changed on the inside. That's what it means to be "born again." The Holy Spirit now lives inside you. You didn't change on the outside; the change is in your spirit. You may not feel any differently, but Christians know that they can't base their lives on what they feel, but on what God says. And He says in His Word that anyone who trusts in Christ is a brand-new person. You may have been a Christian for a few months or a few years. But no matter how long you have known Christ, being a Christian never grows old. Does your life still reflect the changes that happened to you when you became a believer? Make today a day of new beginnings!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for changing me and saving me. Help me to live the life in a way that reflects the change in my heart when I received You. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

18 Mar 2019 03:21 #2097 by DrMike
Normal Heroes

Today’s Scripture

"...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20, NIV)

Great biblical characters didn't live lives of heroic deeds every day. They lived most of their lives the same way you do, taking care of the day-to-day things. Take the life of Noah, for instance. It must have been a great day for Noah when the rain finally started falling and his family raced into the ark. And it was probably the high point of Noah's life when God brought him and his family safely to dry ground after months on the ark. But compared to the 120 long years it took Noah to build the ark, these extraordinary chapters in his life were almost nothing. Noah had to keep his faith strong through all those ordinary days while building the ark so that when God was ready to do something great through him, Noah was ready, too. What does God want to do through you? Being your best through the routine of today is another step toward discovering God's extraordinary.

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for the examples of heroes in the Bible. Help me to be faithful in the things You have given me to do today. In Jesus' name. Amen."

19 Mar 2019 05:13 #2098 by DrMike
All in God's Timing

Today’s Scripture

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps." (Proverbs 16:9, NIV)

This world is a fast, go-go place where people want things "my way, in my time and for my life." Many people think that the world will give them what they are trying to get, and it's up to them to take what they want. But that's simply not true. Yes, you are called to action, and you must go out there and live life, but God has blessings for you that He wants you to be patient and wait on. You can plan your whole life, all the way to the end, but the Bible says that the Lord determines your steps, not you. Give yourself over to Him and be patient and wait upon the Lord and His blessings!

A Prayer for Today

"God, help me not to be impatient, but to wait upon You and what You want to bless me with. Give me the strength not to give in to the way the world runs life, because I know that You have all of my steps designed. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

21 Mar 2019 03:27 #2099 by DrMike
Trust God's Wisdom

Today’s Scripture

"...For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me. Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish." (Isaiah 46:9–10, NLT)

Many people pray very boldly for things that never come to pass; it's only later that they realize what a blessing it was that God did not answer their prayer! It’s easy to look at our current situation and wonder why that relationship didn’t work out, why the promotion went to someone else, or why the business deal fell through. We can only see one moment at a time, but God knows how today's situations will impact us tomorrow, next week, or even ten years from now! Sometimes the best thing that can happen to you is the exact opposite of what you want to happen at the time. God knows the end from the beginning, and He always has the sequence of events in your life in perfect order. Stay in faith and trust that just as God opens doors, He also closes doors because He has something better in store for you. You’re about to see new growth, new talents, new opportunities.

A Prayer for Today

"God, I'm so glad that You have the infinite wisdom to take perfect care of me. Give me the ability to rest in Your wisdom and not rely on my own. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

22 Mar 2019 03:26 #2100 by DrMike
Plan to Do God's Will

Today’s Scripture

"Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you." (Proverbs 4:25, NIV)

In order to fulfill your destiny, you have to know your purpose. You need a plan, and then you must work that plan. You should wake up each day knowing where you're headed, which direction you're taking, and what you are going to accomplish—and then stick with it! Don't allow the distractions and busyness of life get you off course. Ask yourself, "Is what I'm doing moving me toward my God-given destiny? Am I staying focused? Is this my purpose in life, or am I just wasting my time being busy?" Proverbs 4:25 says to keep your eyes fixed straight ahead. Don't look to the left or to the right. Don't be distracted and spend your time and energy on things that are not helping you fulfill your destiny. If you need direction for your life today, ask the Holy Spirit to show you how to order your time and arrange your schedule to accomplish the Lord's will. Remember, God's plans are blessed, and as you walk in His plan for your life, you will experience His abundant blessing on everything you set your hand to!

A Prayer for Today

"God, help me focus on your purpose for my life. I want to have a plan everyday to live out your will for my life. Help me to order my days to fulfill my God-given purpose. Bless my steps, God! In Jesus' name - Amen."

Time to create page: 0.648 seconds